PTV-Jobo

Project ASTFOR - Astelandic Armed Forces

Sorry to hear this mate, I wish you all the best in the future and hope you're not a stranger around these parts. This was such a promising concept and your graphic work on flags etc has always inspired and impressed me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am really sorry that you were forced to close this. I wish you luck in your future endeavors, and hope to see you around again, people with your vision and wish to see it happen are hard to come by

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't read such a heartfelt post in a while, reading between the lines your emotions about this project are tangible, hopefully in the wake of this outpouring comes some better days ahead.

• Thanks 2

A real shame this had to happen, this was one project I was most excited for.   Whatever the future brings for you, I'm wish the best.

• Thanks 1

Thats the problem when you never release anything...

I mean... you have tons of assets but instead of making smaller releases, you took the 'all or nothing' approach.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jacobs said:

I mean... you have tons of assets but instead of making smaller releases, you took the 'all or nothing' approach.

Actually the approach was to have small releases, for example infantry assets followed by vehicles etc. But you may not be aware or appreciate but making content from scratch and making it work in Arma3 is no small feat.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, jacobs said:

Apparently you were under a rock for the past 3 years of development? The problem wasn't a so-called "all or nothing approach", the problem was we didn't have anywhere near the amount of help we required, period. We had one person who was in charge of infantry kit who got overwhelmed with real life and college, another who was handling weaponry who also had to leave due to dedicating full time to first year of college, and another who had to try doing everyone else's job on top of his own in between school and work to try saving the project while we spent 3 years reaching out to the community and all we got were post "likes", "Wish I could help, good luck and keep going!" posts, and for the most part silence because there was either just no real interest or because we weren't a big name team/project. I've posted numerous times, my modelers on the team even tried appealing to the community. Instead of making assumptions, try reading up a few dozen pages. Don't assume because we had pre-planned the layout of the mod we were shooting for sort of RHS or CUP-sized first release or something. That was never even remotely the plan at all.

We've spent 3 years in pursuit of just getting a uniform done. 3 years!

Every time someone offered to help, they'd either never start or in terms of our last uniform guy a few years back, started on a bunch of stuff while making promises and vanished, leaving us holding the ball. Guy before that? Told me, "Nah, that's gay....I'll do my thing and you'll like it because it'll look good" because he was planning on making assets for another team first behind my back and then feed us the same assets back.

I wish I was joking, but that's the kind of shit I had to be told or deal with word for word with people from this community who "wanted to help", or the fact of how people who claimed they wanted to help, but made every effort as humanly possible to NOT do any work, just sit around bullshitting with the team or arguing and bullying me as project creator into changing my ideas to fit what they wanted otherwise they'd threaten ever so friendly and subtle to leave since they--guess what?--weren't being paid. *Fakes being shocked and surprised*

Need I continue? Got a few hours to spare and able to read a few dozen typed up pages of every bad thing that has happened along the way of development that people can only make baseless assumptions about, hmm? No? Yeah, didn't suppose so.

If I come off as a bit of an ass, so be it--I earned that right, especially when on one hand people are trying to enlighten me of why things ended up this way while knowing nothing about what goes on behind virtual closed doors and ignoring the facts or my spending 3 years practically groveling like a pathetic loser around the community that we desperately needed help only to find silence and a pat on the back and now that the end has finally come to ASTFOR, now people are circling us like vultures going "Yeah, sorry your dream got squashed n' all, but um...so yeah can I have all your shit to use then since you don't need it anymore?" via messages or emails.....but no, you're right, if only I had just micro-released all of the tons of imaginary assets here and there, it would have solved all of these problems right from the start. Aw shucks! Welp, you live and you learn as they say! I just wish I could have been enlightened to this this fact ages ago.  :'(

• Like 2
  • Haha 2