Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

Thanks Drongo...

And Chaps please keep the political retoric off the forums... It's for your own good I assure you.

SJ

I am hoping the chaps of the IDF mod will release an updated version of their mod soon. I'd rather not make another patch-work mod with a tonne of dependencies.

Yeah, I understand you. Just that they seem to be inactive or off ( the creator excess3 hasn't been online since the 22th of January... ). And there is a lot of potential, specially having in mind that this mod includes Hamas, Hezbollah, Syria, etc. and also that its requirements could perfectly fit the IDF.

To me a Middle East conflict without Israel, is somehow lacking ( as they are always involved in one way or another ).

In any case great work :)

And Chaps please keep the political retoric off the forums... It's for your own good I assure you.

In fact there is a thread in this forums specially dedicated to the Israel situation. And of course everyone is invited to express their point of view, as long as they do it in a polite and civil manner.

OK, I'll knock together a stop-gap IDF mod based on existing assets. There will be no new models or textures unless somebody wants to contribute. I'll be using the uniforms, headgear and vests from the existing IDF mod, Massi's guns, the 2035 versions of the Merkava and Namer for starters. To be clear, this is just a config mod with dependencies. If anybody can config vehicles, please PM me ASAP (I find configging vehicle dependencies a pain in the arse).

OK, I'll knock together a stop-gap IDF mod based on existing assets. There will be no new models or textures unless somebody wants to contribute. I'll be using the uniforms, headgear and vests from the existing IDF mod, Massi's guns, the 2035 versions of the Merkava and Namer for starters. To be clear, this is just a config mod with dependencies. If anybody can config vehicles, please PM me ASAP (I find configging vehicle dependencies a pain in the arse).

That are great news.

I have never been able to properly understand how addons work in OFP/Arma but I know how to use the Photoshop, so if you indicate me how I could take the " flat " model of the CSAT/ AAF officer, I could try to create a texture for it ( again, I have never done it, so I don't know how it can end ).

And of course everyone is invited to express their point of view, as long as they do it in a polite and civil manner.

Precisely - but that doesn't seem to be happening does it ?

Precisely - but that doesn't seem to be happening does it ?

I haven't seen any special misbehavior, but if you do please use the report tool.

Great to see an update Drongo!

Have you made your config's compatible with ALiVE? I would love to be able to use it for demo missions and test cases. We have a Wiki page on Unit Config Standardization if you haven't seen it before *here*

In any case, good work.

@Hazey

I tried to make them compatible in the past, but had trouble with the vehicles. I'll take another look at it once I get this IDF stuff done.

@Hazey

I tried to make them compatible in the past, but had trouble with the vehicles. I'll take another look at it once I get this IDF stuff done.

Shoot me a PM with your Skype and I will get you added to the public ALiVE group and I can give you a hand sometime on getting these to be ALiVE compatible.

Once RHS Russian Armed Forces comes out, would you consider making a version that instead of using the current stuff, uses the AKs and Tanks and BMPs etc etc from RHS Russian Forces instead?

Or just reworking the whole thing to use that stuff, it would probably be a lot of work, but they will have lots of russian vests and other shit that would probably greatly benefit the gear selection and quality for the Syrian Army and possibly other factions.

Drongo I was playing a bit with the textures, it's the first time that I mess with them and it took me only a few minutes to make a quick test, but I could get something like:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2zp8m8p.jpg (253 kB)

I think that my quick test look better than the IDF mod uniform because it uses the CSAT officer uniform which looks almost as the IDF one ( the only problem is how to remove the shadow of the CSAT logo and the shoulders image ).

israel-army1afp.jpg

idf2.jpg

If you are interested I can send you the .paa .

Edited by MistyRonin

@Hazey

Thanks, will do.

@MikeTim

Ideally this mod will have as few dependencies as possible. I imagine the RHS stuff will have heaps of useful stuff in one place and may replace other dependencies.

@MistyRonin

Looking good. I can only config and script, I can't give any advice on textures or modelling.

So far I have configged the infantry (using the IDF mod gear and Massi's weapons), HMMWV (RichardsD), AH64 (Aplion), M113 (Sudden) and the BIS "Merkava" and "Namer" in. The vehicles clash a lot visually, this is beyond my ability to fix.

@MistyRonin

Looking good. I can only config and script, I can't give any advice on textures or modelling.

The CSAT icon and the shoulder stuff are a config issue not a texture ( in the textures I made they don't appear, neither of those ). I guess is something that is programmed to appear by side.

If you want I can send you the texture and if you like it you can use it for your mod. Using the ECH as a helmet and the vanilla TAR, you won't need the IDF mod requirements.

In the vanilla game you also have the olive green cap, and the olive boonie.

Edited by MistyRonin

Quick and dirty stop-gap config mod for the IDF. Armaholic/PWS people, please do not redistribute this mod.

Drongo's (quick and dirty) IDF Mod for Arma 3

==================================

Config by Drongo69

7 Aug 2014

Overview

========

This is a very quick and dirty config mod to enable a very rough stop-gap version of IDF troops and vehicles into Arma 3 until something better comes along. I did not make any of the assets at all, they all belong to their respective authors. All I did was make the config and random hat scripts. There are no retextures.

I made this at the request of forum members so I am not interested in hearing complaints or criticisms. If you want something changed or improved, do it yourself.

I will not be taking requests for this mod. I will not be maintaining it. If you want something added, changed, removed or retextured, do it yourself.

Please don't fill up the MEC thread with comments about this mod.

Features

========

Infantry

Humvee (MG)

"Merkava" (Renamed BIS unit)

"Namer" (Renamed BIS unit)

M113

Apache

Requires:

IDF mod by excess3:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152469-IDF-%28-Israeli-defense-forces-%29-units-complete&highlight=idf+mod

US helicopters import by Aplion:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173822-ArmA-2-US-Helicopters-Import-to-A3

East vs West by Sudden:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174119-East-vs-West-%28OFP-inspired-mod%29

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3 by Massi:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3

Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178191-Up-Armored-HMMWV-Modification-Release&highlight=hmmwv+arma

Permissions

===========

Please do not distribute this mod anywhere except in the BIS forum thread.

You may edit and redistribute this mod under the following conditions:

- You change the mod tag (DRIDF) to something else

- You do not release it in the Middle East Conflict mod thread on the BIS forums

- You credit me for the original config

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjpjdgyrjp9ei6p/DRIDF.zip

Quick and dirty stop-gap config mod for the IDF. Armaholic/PWS people, please do not redistribute this mod.

Thank you. Much appreciated fast addition :)

Amazing stuff guys, what map would you reccomend is best for using IDF/Hamas forces on?

Anyone else get an error when trying to us the Hamas units? It says "bad vehcile" in the editor whenever I try to launch with any Hamas unit on the map.

Anyone else get an error when trying to us the Hamas units? It says "bad vehcile" in the editor whenever I try to launch with any Hamas unit on the map.

I am getting this error as well, sadly :/ I have tested it running only this mod to make sure it wasnt a conflict issue.

I am getting this error as well, sadly :/ I have tested it running only this mod to make sure it wasnt a conflict issue.

Yapp, me too

Is anybody able to use Hamas? They work fine for me.

Nope, cant use Hamas at all.

Get "bad vehicle - ".

Because of that I actually cant use Zeus from editor. (tries loading hamas units probably and boots me back to editor with the error, even if no Hamas units present in scenario/mission in the editor)

So, it is def a problem.