Sign in to follow this  
PVT Watt.J

RWCO: Rotor Wing Combat Overhaul

Two requests

1. Get we get an indicator the laser is on?

oh, +1 for the autorange finder on the canon if it is on.

2. Can the Blackfoot get its ASRAAM back?

As for the target designator bug, it's a little strange. But the guided weapons follow the laser. Target designator was showing way off to the right of the screen. But my DAGR followed it straight into where my crosshairs were pointing. I was hitting targets over 2K away.

Two requests

1. Get we get an indicator the laser is on?

oh, +1 for the autorange finder on the canon if it is on.

2. Can the Blackfoot get its ASRAAM back?

As for the target designator bug, it's a little strange. But the guided weapons follow the laser. Target designator was showing way off to the right of the screen. But my DAGR followed it straight into where my crosshairs were pointing. I was hitting targets over 2K away.

1. Yes, that is a good idea.

2. Yes, its removal was accidental. Will fix!

On lasers, it appears to be a vanilla bug that the white box target indicator is not always reliably positioned. I have seen similar behavior when moving locked onto a JTAC's moving laser before. The most reliable indicator is always seeing the laser in thermals, so I recommend sticking to that. Perhaps it would be best to simply remove the lock indicator box and make sure the optics cursor is aligned properly.

On lasers, it appears to be a vanilla bug that the white box target indicator is not always reliably positioned. I have seen similar behavior when moving lockeonto a JTAC's moving laser before. The most reliable indicator is always seeing the laser in thermals, so I recommend sticking to that. Perhaps it would be best to simply remove the lock indicator box and make sure the optics cursor is aligned properly.

You probably don't want to remove them completely. It's useful to figuring out which laser to lock weapons too if there are multiple designators active.

Mod edit: Please edit your posts instead of posting right after eachother. ;) /Alex72

Edited by Alex72

Hi!!

One question, it works if i only run it on dedicated server?

Thanks

Hi Sanchez,

It should not require a dedicated server. I do tests both on local MP and on dedicated. I will address bugs regardless of which environment they appear in.

What about renaming the Blackfoot to RAH-66 Comanche

Done in the build I am working on. It will have two variants (until I implement an arming menu):

-AA Version: 20mm Cannon, 24x DAGR, 4x ASRAAM

-AT Version: 20mm Cannon, 24x DAGR, 4x BRIMSTONE (Dual-mode SALH/MMW Radar, HEAT warhead)

and making a version without the external stores wings

Does the version in-game have these now hidden somewhere like MH-9 can add/remove doors/benches?

and retractable missile doors for low observable/stealth flying?

1. In modeling radar detection for AA vehicles, I do plan to take account of the Commanche's stealth design as well as checking the anmiation state to see if bay doors are open.

2. At some point, I could create an action to "disable bay doors" which would remove the DAGRs/Brimstone/ASRAAM temporarily so that the play can freely cycle between 20mm and Laser without increasing its radar cross section.

New release up with a number of fixes. Known issues:

1) Actions are available for using remote guidance/broadcasting lasers. This is just placeholder, it does nothing.

2) Lots of tuning required for guidance scripting.

3) Laser designators are still out-of-alignment.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is an excellent addon! Really looking forward to the other features you've got planned. :ok:

This is an excellent addon! Really looking forward to the other features you've got planned. :ok:

Glad you like it, much more to come.

Announcement:

I'm looking for participate in RWCO who has experience with GUIs and PiP in Arma. There is a lot in this area that I would like to implement (Proper HMD, usefully MFDs, GUI for entering laser codes) and I have my hands tied up with the rest of the mod.

The only issue I've noticed in your latest release is that the gunner, at least for the Comanche and Apache, no longer fire at targets.

Is there a way to disable the RWCO features when an AI is the gunner or the pilot? This issue happened in ACE2 too, if you´re the pilot, the AI gunner doesn´t use the lasing system properly and if you are the gunner, everytime you turn on the laser designator (at least with the commanche) the AI pilots keeps firing the DAGR =P

I liked RWCO a lot, as I´ve said it is getting the way it was on ACE2 (kudos for Shadow_MSOG) but it is only effective for COOP or MP... just hoped to be more SP friendly!

cheers!

This is just so good to see! Can't wait to see where this is heading.

There is a lot in this area that I would like to implement (Proper HMD, usefully MFDs, GUI for entering laser codes) and I have my hands tied up with the rest of the mod.

Just would like to throw in here that GUI elements should be done in a way that does not inhibit joystick control input. As for community members that clearly have a lot of experience, there are the cTab and the A-10C developers that come to mind.

;2673552']Is there a way to disable the RWCO features when an AI is the gunner or the pilot? This issue happened in ACE2 too' date=' if you´re the pilot, the AI gunner doesn´t use the lasing system properly and if you are the gunner, everytime you turn on the laser designator (at least with the commanche) the AI pilots keeps firing the DAGR =P

I liked RWCO a lot, as I´ve said it is getting the way it was on ACE2 (kudos for Shadow_MSOG) but it is only effective for COOP or MP... just hoped to be more SP friendly!

cheers![/quote']

The only issue I've noticed in your latest release is that the gunner, at least for the Comanche and Apache, no longer fire at targets.

The primary audience of this mod is MP coop. Some features of the mod simply will not be fully accessible to AI, thus defeating the purpose of the mod in the first place. However, I am in the progress of working out some minimal level of AI compatibility. This is already accomplished with the Kajman. With the Blackfoot/Apache/Venom, the likely solution will be this:

1) Give missile trajectory usersactions to player, even if he is pilot.

2) If AI is in gunner seat, switch out version of DAGRs/Hellfires used by players to an AI-friendly version. Switch back if a player enters gunner seat.

3) Find some way to make AI not automatically fire at laser designators.

This is just so good to see! Can't wait to see where this is heading.

Just would like to throw in here that GUI elements should be done in a way that does not inhibit joystick control input. As for community members that clearly have a lot of experience, there are the cTab and the A-10C developers that come to mind.

My goal is to make UI elements cause as little disruption as possible to both mouse and joystick users.

BTW, If you guys would like to have some fun with RWCO, grab a friend and do air-to-air combat vs. the Kajman. The key to winning? Don't sit still and don't fly directly at it. The Kajman's missiles are lousy at hitting moving air targets and its AI gun accuracy has been decreased to seem less robotic.

Edited by Shadow_MSOG

The primary audience of this mod is MP coop. Some features of the mod simply will not be fully accessible to AI, thus defeating the purpose of the mod in the first place. However, I am in the progress of working out some minimal level of AI compatibility. This is already accomplished with the Kajman (Important, because these will most often be used by AI against players in MP coop). With the Blackfoot, the likely solution will be this:

1) Give missile trajector usersactions to player, even if he is pilot.

2) If AI is in gunner seat, switch out version of DAGRs/Hellfires used by players to an AI-friendly version. Switch back if a player enters gunner seat.

3) Find some way to make AI not automatically fire at laser designators.

That would be awesome! Even in MP I find myself often in situations where every other player is doing sth completely different and I need to draw on an AI gunner.

Even just a simple way (if a player is in gunner position) to be able to control direction, height would be great. I think, was it StrongHarm or B00tsy?, that had a method to do something like this .... was wonderful, but it needed to be in a mod version that could be applied to all aircraft.

Even just a simple way (if a player is in gunner position) to be able to control direction, height would be great. I think, was it StrongHarm or B00tsy?, that had a method to do something like this .... was wonderful, but it needed to be in a mod version that could be applied to all aircraft.

If there is a simple way, perhaps, but this is really not on the radar in terms of priorities.

After yesterdays A3 patch I can't use this with Aplion's AH64D and AH-1Z. Anyone else experienced this?

Just the default weapons and no lasermarker.

Works fine with default AH-99 and KA-48.

After yesterdays A3 patch I can't use this with Aplion's AH64D and AH-1Z. Anyone else experienced this?

Just the default weapons and no lasermarker.

Works fine with default AH-99 and KA-48.

Are you sure you have enabled in optional file RWCO_HAFM.pbo? I know on my development version of RWCO the Apache works just fine. I can't think of any reason why the recent patch would break only the Apache/Cobra.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thank you :)

For some reason PWS had removed RWCO_HAFM.pbo from my addon folder. I'll host it on our custom repo so the file will stay put :)

Thank you :)

For some reason PWS had removed RWCO_HAFM.pbo from my addon folder. I'll host it on our custom repo so the file will stay put :)

Glad to help!

Hey guys, I just received permission to bring you guys one of the best pieces of user-made content in the history of the Arma franchise. I'm very much indebted to the authors of this content for being so generous as to let me use it. I'm not ready to divulge specifics at this time, but something big is coming. It might take a while, but it is in the works, so stay tuned for more cryptic info!

Edited by Shadow_MSOG