Sign in to follow this  
PVT Watt.J

RWCO: Rotor Wing Combat Overhaul

Could someone give me a noob-guide on how to get the Hellfires to work?

No matter if I use 114L and lock on vehicles or 114N and lock on the laserdesignator. I get the lock (square) but no matter what I try I don't get a tone (diamond) and the hellfires just go straight off into the horizon.

Tried human gunner/AI pilot, human pilot/AI gunner, human pilot and gunner but no cigar.

Tried all LOAL/LOBL versions, distances from 500m up to 3km+, low-high altitude... :(

Using AH64D with rwco_hafm.pbo

Could someone give me a noob-guide on how to get the Hellfires to work?

No matter if I use 114L and lock on vehicles or 114N and lock on the laserdesignator. I get the lock (square) but no matter what I try I don't get a tone (diamond) and the hellfires just go straight off into the horizon.

Yes, I started having problems with that recently too, but fix is coming along with a rewrite of the code for missile guidance that fix some other issues as well!

I would like to change the behaviour of the LOAL-HI to fly higher up in the sky and drop down at almost 80°. What do I need to change?

There is no 'make it do what I want' parameter. You'd need to rewrite the script to make it do that.

There is no 'make it do what I want' parameter. You'd need to rewrite the script to make it do that.

I thought so, that's why I am asking for a hint about what section I should take a look at.

Would it be possible to add another firing mode for the AH-9 Pawnee/AH-6 Littlebird helicopters to increase fire-rate to x4? By default it is x2.

I thought so, that's why I am asking for a hint about what section I should take a look at.

Open up the config, find the comanche and go to the eventhandlers class. The file referenced for the 'fired' eventhandler is what you are looking for.

Would it be possible to add another firing mode for the AH-9 Pawnee/AH-6 Littlebird helicopters to increase fire-rate to x4? By default it is x2.

It is certainly possible, but the pod is actually implemented as full auto. Hold down trigger and it fires as many as you like.

Update released, see first post for new link, changelog!

Update released, see first post for new link, changelog!

Excellent, will try out tonight :)

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Did a few testruns last night and it seems to work fine again. great work.

I had some problems getting the different LOAL/LOBL modes to work as imagined but I think that's my lack of expreience :D

Did a few testruns last night and it seems to work fine again. great work.

I had some problems getting the different LOAL/LOBL modes to work as imagined but I think that's my lack of expreience :D

Glad to hear it works, some notes:

1. LOAL mode needs to be tuned to give a bit more time, but it works in concept.

2. LOBL mode also needs trajectory tuning, sometimes it overshoots.

3. There is a bug where if you fire the last Longbow hellfire the guidance won't work (this is because the game automtically switches the magazine to LG Hellfires and this means I can no longer use cursortarget to see what object the player was locked onto). I have a fix working for this working on my dev build.

Update:

Some giants were nice enough to let me stand on their shoulders. Cool stuff is coming...

2014_05_13_00004.jpg

God I hope so, I HATE the Blackfoot.

You certainly know how to be a tease... :bounce3:

God I hope so, I HATE the Blackfoot.

Slowly the Blackfoot is disappearing and the Comanche will take its place. By the end, it will have some meaningful distinguishing features in maneuverability and armament.

You certainly know how to be a tease... :bounce3:

I would never tease people anyone. I certainly wouldn't tease people with news that I have a couple guys working on multiple GUIs (Apache, AN-PEQ 1...) for entering PRF codes and that a beta system for remote laser designation could be live in two weeks time.

wooow really nice ! is it the AH-64 pack from nodunit and Franze ?

wooow really nice ! is it the AH-64 pack from nodunit and Franze ?

As I said, standing on the shoulders of giants...

I would never tease people anyone. I certainly wouldn't tease people with news that I have a couple guys working on multiple GUIs (Apache, AN-PEQ 1...) for entering PRF codes and that a beta system for remote laser designation could be live in two weeks time.

:slayer6: Chub achieved. Feel free to just tell us everything else, AND MORE! In all seriousness though, despite how awesome this mod is -- and is becoming -- I can be patient and encourage you to take your time. If you need any testing help, you can also send me a Private Message.

:slayer6: Chub achieved. Feel free to just tell us everything else, AND MORE! In all seriousness though, despite how awesome this mod is -- and is becoming -- I can be patient and encourage you to take your time. If you need any testing help, you can also send me a Private Message.

Well, good news: Everyone in on this forum can participate in testing as I am not terribly discriminating in the builds I post on here! Rest assured there is very in the way of playable builds that you will miss out on if you follow this thread.

Really nice ! so just a question , does your mod fix the giants mod ? i mean the turret in mp

Really nice ! so just a question , does your mod fix the giants mod ? i mean the turret in mp

I think you'll find that giants' pet bird is more alert, responsive and well-balanced than he was before. This comes as the expense of some of his more exotic plumage, though. I am working on grafting on some feathers I have made for him, but that will be a gradual process over a few months.