zorrobyte

Group Link 5 Special FX Edition

UPDATE Changelog:

fire and smoke in buildings works and looks much better

"Fuel smoke" feature now is affected by the wind.. (there will still be two smoke effects. one BIS(light grey smoke) and one GL5 (thick black smoke)

Ai surrender and use proper hands above head anim(most of the time).

Graphics settings enhancement (WIP/TESTING) based on mods like (@ultrashadows. etc) Adds more graffical options for those with SUPER PC's

Crew_FX, when a vehicle with passengers is exploded/blown the F up.... the crew has a random chance of being ejected "dead".... or "Alive and on fire".. they will run around, stop drop and roll until they die... Its Pretty gruesome..

I made Super Simple Icons for the modules instead of the default ones(circles) they are now blue squares, that have some lettering that would tell you what it is .. IE.. Grouplink System module = GL5 Sys.... Grouplink SpecialFX module = GL5 sFX.... Grouplink Random Snow = "a picture of a snow flake made in paint( so dont laugh to hard),. ETC This will make them easily identifiable in the editor for easier syncing to units...

Further Effort into getting Idle animations to work ( random anims for the ai nothing special... just giving me a hard time.

groups would only split up into smaller goups if the group size was 7 or more .. i made it >=5

I tried to touch the weapon rearming feature let me know if it works

probably some more but i cant remember.

**KNOWN BUGS*...

1) Sometimes when an AI surrenders there is a pop up Error that requires a click to get passed... It is a Weapon Config error. and i do believe its on BIS's end.. It doesn't happen to every unit only certain ones and i haven't been able to figure out which one..

2) Undefined Variable... As far as i know there are only a few ..... first and most known is the "GL5_Patrol" variable... Now Please read this!!!!! I have attempted to fix it several times... The result was EVERY UNIT was put into a patrolling state even if you didn't set it up that way... So i have returned it to its original state as it works as it should.. Now please continue reading for more info..

When setting up a mission in the editor, If you want a unit to patrol a specific area using Grouplink.

Put this into the Units INIT:

this setVariable ["GL5_Patrol", Radius of search in meters];

Doing that will set that Unit or Group(if you put it in a leaders INIT) to patrol.

the others are related to the Bullet Sound Effects. These are the bullet cracks and impact sounds. After an extended fight suddenly there is stream of script errors related to an undefined variable "_d" or "_b" something like that . So some how a variable becomes undefined?? I dont know what causes it because it doesn't happen all the time. :( the only thing is its not my fault its been a problem it happens in GL4 in arma 2.

For those that done like undefined variables at all, sorry, but this will NOT spam your rpt forever.... for the GL5_Patrol error, Its only checked in the beginning of the mission.. and never again. I have tried several times. Its never panned out. If something ever comes up it will be hotfixxed in!! :) for the others I have yet to even figure out how it happens...

3) Some of the Graphics stuff may not work as intended.. It again is a WIP, just thought it fit since its an ai and effects mod....

4) High command still doesnt work, its going to be a while on that one, I have a good idea of how to fix it. I am just going to iron out some smaller stuff before I attack the bigger / more complicated problems.

5) AI shoot their flares at the ground instead of in the air... This is an issue with the "fire" script command.. In arma 2 the ai would fire in the air.. in ARMA 3 they fire wherever the heck they want... so sometimes you'll get a flare in the Air, most of the time though its on the ground....

6) the Intro.pbo requires @A3MP / @ALLinARMA.. it will pop up an error at launch but will still start just fine.. another one of those trivial errors... I always run with @A3MP anyways. so i never see it..

7) Cant think of any more now, if you point out a error to me ill update this post.

And here it is:

DOWNLOAD

Im not too keen on how to version this... I guess @GL5 version 0.0.1

I am currently running a server that has @GL5 running with some missions made to test it...

If you have any missions and want to add to the pool, Ill gladly accept your missions to put on the server for testing!!

My Server IP and port: 69.162.95.146:21418

I do not claim any sort of rights to this, and i dont know what to licence it under. This is work of SNKMAN, Keycat, Toadlife, Mark VIII, Sgt.ACE, Cris,Kegetys, and a bunch of others named in the original GroupLink 4 readme.pdf. I just am just porting it over "with permission".

Edited by Lordprimate

Thank you for the update.

Buildings won't caught fire when I shell them , something wrong? Are they supposed to catch fire directly after a hit.

Can you please give a description how to enable this feature?

This is how my userconfig looks like:

// GL5 Default ( C.B.A. ) Initialize:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if Group Link 4 should be initialized by using the Community Base AddOns.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Community Base AddOns" initialize completly.

// True / False, default is True

// GL5_Core set [0, True];

// GL5 Enemy A.I. Enhancement:

// Choose if the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" completly.

// GL5_Core set [1, False];

// GL5 Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement:

// Choose if the "Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement" should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement" completly.

// GL5_Core set [2, False];

// GL5 Special FX:

// Choose if the "Special FX" feature should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Special FX" completly.

// GL5_Core set [3, True];

// GL5 Initialize Debug:

// Choose if the "Initialize" debug should be used.

// Note: This debug displays how "Group Link 4" was initialized directly after the initialize of "Group Link 4" was done.

// GL5_Core set [4, False];

// GL5 Burning FX:

// Choose if the "Burning FX" feature should be used.

// GL5_Local set [71, True];

// Burning FX Camp Fire:

// Choose if the "Burning FX Camp Fire" feature should be used.

// Description: Adds Sparks and Ashes to burning camp fire.

// GL5_Local set [72, False];

// Burning FX House:

// Choose if the "Burning FX House" feature should be used.

// Description: After a house was hit by a shell/or damaged the house randomly will start burning.

// GL5_Local set [73, True];

// Burning FX Player:

// Choose if the "Burning FX Player" feature should be used.

// Description: If the "Burning FX Player" feature is used then a player will get dammage if the player is too close to any kind of burning object.

// Warning: If a player is very close to a burning object ( Car, Tank, House, Camp Fire ) then the player will start burning too.

// GL5_Local set [74, True];

Edited by Nikiforos

// ================================================== ============

// GL5 Burning FX:

// Choose if the "Burning FX" feature should be used.

// GL5_Local set [71, True];

// Burning FX Camp Fire:

// Choose if the "Burning FX Camp Fire" feature should be used.

// Description: Adds Sparks and Ashes to burning camp fire.

// GL5_Local set [72, False];

// Burning FX House:

// Choose if the "Burning FX House" feature should be used.

// Description: After a house was hit by a shell/or damaged the house randomly will start burning.

// GL5_Local set [73, True];

// Burning FX Player:

// Choose if the "Burning FX Player" feature should be used.

// Description: If the "Burning FX Player" feature is used then a player will get dammage if the player is too close to any kind of burning object.

// Warning: If a player is very close to a burning object ( Car, Tank, House, Camp Fire ) then the player will start burning too.

// GL5_Local set [74, True];

I think you did it wrong by changing the values from (example: //correct GL5_Local set [74, False] to // wrong GL5_Local set [74, True])

Just leave it as configured by default. The text already told you: True / False, default is True so it seems to be not necessary to change something in there if you want to use the feature

Yes , I first tested without any changes but it didn't work for me. I have demolished all buildings on Altis but I can't see any fire from any construction.

I know where the problem is, you need the BurningFX.pbo in your addons folder, it was releasesd with a seperate GL5 Release.

I´ll uploaded it for you, tell me if it worked

Link removed ;)

The author should feel free to tell me when i should remove the link, just wanna help a member :)

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Thank you , it works now. The only problem I have now is disabling some features from this mod. How can I do it?

umm i dont know how that didnt make it in..... the zip file... WTF ill pust out an update really quick!!!!!

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

sorry about that i know know what burning.pbo you have but its not updated ... so.... Please remove that download link ill have an update here in a few minutes

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Lordprimate

It depends on the default state, so here a quick example:

// GL5 Weapon FX:

// Choose if the "Weapon FX" feature should be used.

// Weapon FX Features: Weapon FX Impact Sparks and Weapon FX Impact Mud.

// Note: The "Weapon FX" feature is used by high caliber weapons mounted on vehicles only.

// GL5_Local set [30, True];

So if you want to disable the WeaponFX for example you should first check the default state (True / False, default is True) -> in this case you just need to delete those // infront of GL5_Local set [30, True];

So disabled would look like this:

// GL5 Weapon FX:

// Note: The "Weapon FX" feature is used by high caliber weapons mounted on vehicles only.

GL5_Local set [30, True];

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

I removed the link, but got some questions about the BloodFX, which State does it have at default?

No text there if True or false by default. And it could be imagination, but some values are complete different to previous version, specially blood values, right?

Or did i halucinating? ^^

thanks for the help LSD.. Update should contain BurningFX.pbo

Also, there are some hiccukps in the config like the double true's...

// GL5 Weapon FX:

GL5_Local set [30, True];

should be

// GL5 Weapon FX:

GL5_Local set [30, False];

LSD im pretty sure there enabled by default. so default is True i believe for blood effects. and Yess i have turn up all effects in the interest of testing...

Look at it like this... when i make a mission for testing. I dont want to wait for the RANDOM chance taht something will happen.. so i put all effects at %100 probability... so testing is easier... I just added a line in the userconfig GL5_Local that it is True by default. next update will have that little snibbit.

Edited by Lordprimate

The fx related to fire and explosion kill my FPS...ffff but its beautiful.... It is based on the JTD Fire & Smoke of ArmA II, is not it?

High command modules works? (Reinforcements, helicopter, artillery?....)Edit: They do not work for now

Edited by LDU30

I have to agree this mod is great but unfortunately the visual FX decrease my FPS quiet dramatically.

Remember folks as stated before i turned all these settings up for testing.. for increased FPS. go into the usercfg and change associated values IE Decrease chances of things happening and lower their intensity... that will relieve the pressure.. i assure you!!

Again it is set up so that Every Effect, be it an AI enhancement or a visual effect, to be a 100 percent probability of happening!.. and Also turned the intensity of the special effects up .. so yea this is for testing to see it working, You should go and change your settings to suit your PC.

based off of JTD, No. at lest not that i know of.

Enemy paradrop works perfect (enemy reinfocements) but enemy squad soldiers haven´t parachutes xD (I put that feature on false), I prefer the enemy helicopter landing and discharge troops safely, haha.

The enemy soldiers sometimes surrender.... and pretend to be dead too,I also love to sync units with empty vehicles and weapons it saves much time..,good features....good work Lord.

Edited by LDU30

Remember folks as stated before i turned all these settings up for testing.. for increased FPS. go into the usercfg and change associated values IE Decrease chances of things happening and lower their intensity... that will relieve the pressure.. i assure you!!

Again it is set up so that Every Effect, be it an AI enhancement or a visual effect, to be a 100 percent probability of happening!.. and Also turned the intensity of the special effects up .. so yea this is for testing to see it working, You should go and change your settings to suit your PC.

based off of JTD, No. at lest not that i know of.

What do you change to get better results could you give example please I'm not understanding sorry Thank you.

Anybody know what the Gl4 bug is for holdfire... Gl4 keeps ai from holding fire,is there a fix for this or no...example I set a night mission up my team has silenced weapons and I say hold fire they do till we move in closer and no one from opfor has shot yet and are facing in opposite direction and all a sudden my team mates start firing even though the hold fire command shows on the dossier with the line through notifying the player where in hold fire mode. This is driving me up the wall cause Gl4 is a great mod but that one thing is killing it. please help thanks

I have the same problem in the A2 version but I'm mixing AI's there. Most of my squad would settle down but one guy would also just shoot at everything he sees. It might be a cpu issue running out of cycles with the AI thread.

@Bravo and Valken. Ill look into it, cant make any promises though. things are pretty crazy right now for me..

@ Everyone, There is a new param in the shadow config. which will make an error pop up on your screen at game launch

Also an update explosion effects.. most particles did NOT have rubbing so they were NOT affected by the wind in fixing this i fubar'd the shards .. they would float away.. it would look really wierd.. I think i fixxed that.. Updated soon!!!!

Me too! Even a dated gl5 still has some awesome effects that is pretty much on my mandatory mod list.

to get back on track with some form of versioning. here is v. 1.0.2 @GL5

1. fixed missing param in shadow config.

2. updated some particle effects.

nothing major as im limited on time. These two were rather game breaking. still working on the pop up error related to surrendering and the weapon.bin/cfg error.

I am also looking into the rearming function. although it may never work properly due to currently broken BIS functions.

Edited by Lordprimate

Thanks, i try it now :)

Can you tell me what this feature exactly does?

// GL5 Enemy A.I. Idle:

// Choose if enemy A.I. should use the Human A.I. feature.

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Thanks for new update Lord....:bounce3:

Thanks, i try it now :)

Can you tell me what this feature exactly does?

// GL5 Enemy A.I. Idle:

// Choose if enemy A.I. should use the Human A.I. feature.

that is suppose to play random anims while their idle.. i cant get any anims to work on the ai for some reason.. i was able to get the unconscious anim working but that's it so far.. i have tried them all playmove switch.. , playaction... etc. nothing seems to get them to play the anims im trying to get them to play..

Hey Lordprimate, what config setting turns off that white orb tracer looking thing?

One of the settings under weapon Fx?

Hey Lordprimate, what config setting turns off that white orb tracer looking thing?

One of the settings under weapon Fx?

huh??

white orb tracer? any way you can get me a screeny? because im baffled... the only time i see white orb tracer looking things is when i run the latest @blastcore_tracers. but not in group link. Please get me a pic!