zorrobyte

Group Link 5 Special FX Edition

huh??

white orb tracer? any way you can get me a screeny? because im baffled... the only time i see white orb tracer looking things is when i run the latest @blastcore_tracers. but not in group link. Please get me a pic!

Agree, i had the same experience with Phoenix-Tracers + GL5. Disabling Phoenix Tracers will fix this :)

only time i see white orb tracer looking things is when i run the latest @blastcore_tracers.

Right what im referring too, as im running both, anyway to create a compatible config or something to make GL5 compatible with Blastcore tracers?

I had the same ORB problem with Blastcore Tracers and GL5 FX. I am using BD_Tracers from Gunter's COWARMOD2 pack and it is nearly perfect. I get 3 tracer colors instead of 2 also! :D

So your saying replace phoenix tracers with Maos which works with GL5 np?

Your having no issues using Maos tracers with GL5 and still using Latest new version of Blastcore?

Ok will do, thanks.

Another question I'm guessing with the Blastcore that bullet impacts aren't seen as for me just some dirt is thrown up and no dust cloud or puff like you see in vanilla,

Running GL5 with Blastcore are you seeing the same results with bullet impacts from infantry weapons? or is it one of the settings in the fx section of the userconfig i need to tweak?

I have bullet impacts and alot of dust when playing. Did you mean when running/driving over the map too? In both cases i have dust, when run and when drive or when fly low altitude with chopper

I see bullet impacts just in certain surfaces you only see like some dirt get thrown up, but ya i have everything else.

Question, in the userconfig the GL5_Global.sqf this code under

GL5 Enemy A.I. Difficult Skill Types:

// Enemy A.I. Difficult "Aiming Accuracy" Skill Type:

// Choose the "Aiming Accuracy" of the enemy A.I.

// [0.1, 0.1] - [1.0, 1.0], default is [0.35, 0.15]

// (GL5_Global select 48) set [0, [0.35, 0.15] ];

out of the numbers in the bolded code which of the codes should you be changing if you want to lower the accuracy of the AI?

The 0.35 or the 0.15? and what do either mean?

I think the value 0.35 is setskill and the other value (0.15) is set to random which would mean that the base accuracy of the AI is at 0.35 with the chance to increase to 0.50. In this case you should change the first value.

Ah ok, makes sense, and tbh i started doing that but then wasn't sure, thanks for your help.

Edited by Günter Severloh

With Blastcore becoming defacto mod for effects, are the other modules still compatible with latest Arma builds?

Thank you for your hardwork, devs! Just want to ask about Core and Special FX versions. Are they the same in the part of AI features? I see that Core version was released in 03.2014 and Special FX in 10.2014. Will it be better to use Special FX version with all FX effects disabled if I want only AI enhancements?

As it says on the Download page:

The Group Link 5 Special FX Edition is the full GL4 port including FX, dubbing, blood, burning buildings etc. Literally everything is here

Basically you can just use the core version for the AI, or get the FX version and grab the GL5_System.pbo from the FX version as that is the file for AI.

• Like 1

Looks like better to use Special FX Edition (have error with video settings in config.cpp) than Core version. In Special FX version fixed more paths (/ca) and also tweaked more settings. But I don't know which one better in AI behaviour. Need more testing.

Follow that error and remove it, open the config and the errors are from the video setting set in the config, just follow the address of the error I removed it on my end and I dont get the error anymore.

The GL5_System.pbo from either is AI, dont forget that the mod has a userconfig you can tweak most are for the AI.

Follow that error and remove it, open the config and the errors are from the video setting set in the config, just follow the address of the error I removed it on my end and I dont get the error anymore.

The GL5_System.pbo from either is AI, dont forget that the mod has a userconfig you can tweak most are for the AI.

Yes, I did this. But, you know, it may take a lot of time to understand what was changed and why. Btw, did you find any errors, glitches or broken features? I found that Special FX version has Highcommand scripts. Do they work?

no the high command stuff does not work in ARMA 3. 

Sorry for the inactivity. there are several reasons. one being that i had a hard drive fail on me and my latest updates were lost. I have reverted to an "older" version. 

Aside from loosing the minor updates, I have been working alot more. and on my game time I have been playing alot of ACE3 since its came out. 

At my earliest bit of spare time. I'll recheck my version but i do believe i have already fixed that error. ill update the download link as i can.

• Like 2

Anyone know why I get this error when I launch arma with GL5?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVideoOptions/ShadowQuality/SuperHigh.cascadeLayers'.

Looks like BI broke this mod. I found two problems:
1. Arma 3 will not read sqf files from userconfig anymore. But you can solve this with -filepatching key in startup parameters or moving userconfig inside of pbo (change all pathes too).
2. BI changed AI behaviour somehow and now AI is too lazy and don't want engage enemies as fast as in 1.50. Sometimes it simply stops and wait for you to come.
I have downgraded to 1.50 and found that AI is much more responsive in it. It is a pity. This mod was really good since Arma 1.

Anyone know why I get this error when I launch arma with GL5?
No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVideoOptions/ShadowQuality/SuperHigh.cascadeLayers'.

The current version is broken (gives me the same error)

Try to find an older version - there's one named @GL5SpecialFXv1.zip, 35.1Mb, works OK-ish.

Shame this epic mod has been abandoned.   Tried bCombat but it has the exact opposite effect - the enemy pees their pants and run away after a couple of skirmishes..

Still can't beat OFP w/ GL5 for a good all-out lead storm.  It was like being attacked by an army of Terminators... they just kept coming, flanking, and firing..  Ahh halcyon days.