zorrobyte

Group Link 5 Special FX Edition

there is probably some line in the config like on respawn=true; or something like, that in the init of the modules(i have to add). i have seen this issue before, ill look into it. looking into the jip..

Was wondering if i should try the mission based initialize

Edited by skryboyd

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks for your help bud!

If need be i can post up some basic missions or include them into the next release at least!

Thatd be greatly appreciated thanks!

Big thx, how to turn off debug on the right of screen?

Big thx, how to turn off debug on the right of screen?

Look in your steam/steamapps/common/arma3/userconfig/gl5 folder there are gl5_local, global, and some others , can't remember which one it's in i'm at work, but open them up it's either local or core i think and remove the // in front of the debug settings

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

By the way i think i've solved part of the problem i was having, i preprocessed the settings in the mission init.sqf but sometimes on disonnect/reconnect/jip u can hear the fire in the buildings but can't see it, or be affected by it , i ded, respawned and then i could see it and catch on fire, also i'm using xmedsys don't know if that might be an issue. Thanks again and keep up the good work

Edited by skryboyd

How do I get the ai to walk and stop and talk and build a fire like one of the features say you can do cause I tried what they said.

Human A.I. Static Idle: This feature is used by Static Groups with 1 waypoint only. The waypoint type have to be set to “HOLD†or “GUARD†and the waypoint behaviour have to be set to “SAFEâ€. If thouse conditions match then units of a Static Groups do randomly talk to other units of their own group sit down do push ups and/or go patroling for a specific amount of time in a specific range. At night units of a Static Groups may will build a fire place and sit around the fire.

yea you have to place a group then make one way point for that group set to "HOLD" or "GUARD", and the behavior set to "SAFE".

Then sync the group leader to the static module. There is a chance they will not place a fire. and if their near a light they will not place a fire.. some of the anims dont work.. cant get them to play for some reason. I have touched on that recently but no luck i have tried switchMove, Playmove playAction. nothing seems to work yet.

it does work at least it should.

See when I put a static module to groups they automatically start searching buildings and is on high alert but maybe because they where not on safe I will try that. See I thought you didnt need the module for it since gl5 starts initializing even with out it so that probably my problem thanks .

See when I put a static module to groups they automatically start searching buildings and is on high alert but maybe because they where not on safe I will try that. See I thought you didnt need the module for it since gl5 starts initializing even with out it so that probably my problem thanks .

:)

so,

you dont have to use the modules.. just like you thought, HOWEVER, as i said before. NOT EVERYTHING will Initialize. Its just "DEFAULT". to get the effects of the modules you have to place them and sync them to the units you want.

secondly, Static units without a way point will Garrison the nearest building and should automatically take up any empty static weapons. That is what their suppose to do.. there not on high alert their taking up pos in buildings. If they are in combat mode then my guess is something is up with how your setting up the mission.

are you using any other mods Bravo409? Most mods should be compatible. but i am gettin reports of some issues with some mods.

Edited by Lordprimate

I use sound of speed and tmr for mods....However One time I did try zeus ai pbos with it which gave the take cover a better result.

If you are referring to Zeus AI mod from Arma 2 I would not recommend using it. It has issues even with Arma 2 CO 1.62 so I would imagine that there would be the same or greater problems when using in Arma 3. Of course I have not tried it myself in A3...

Yeah I tried it just experiment with it I got good results from it you have to turn ai difficulty off in gl5 though for zeus ai to take over.YES Zeus from Arma 2 im talking about.

i just had chat with SNKMAN, he approved the usage of GL4 and the license , as long as he can return to the GL and make his own work later ...

i just had chat with SNKMAN, he approved the usage of GL4 and the license , as long as he can return to the GL and make his own work later ...

hell to the yea!! i hope he is doing well!!

Bravo.. Zeus AI for arma 2. funny you should talk about that because i have tweekd with that as well for A3(for personal / learning reasons). HOWEVER as Savage has pointed out already, its a bit buggy. And since its not fully ported to ARMA 3 its not going to work right. I definitely recommend NOT using Zeus_AI for ARMA 3.

------------------------------- edit

About Undefined Error _e refering to GL5_Patrol. Can only be Solved currently on a per mission basis.. you must put this in the INIT box of an AI unit or groupleader you want to patrol an area.

this setVariable [“GL4_Patrolâ€, 100];

or

this setVariable [“GL4_Patrolâ€, [100, “SAFEâ€, “LIMITEDâ€] ];...

That isn't working, not even with the correct varname "GL5_Patrol". I'm confused, that issue never occurred with GL4 in ArmA2

That isn't working, not even with the correct varname "GL5_Patrol". I'm confused, that issue never occurred with GL4 in ArmA2

Its just an undefined varable its not a big deal nor is it going to break anything. and im pretty sure if you run -showscripterrors. you will see this same error in arma 2.. Pretty damn sure, actually. Now, just so you know.

You have to add that to ALL ENEMY Units just to get rid of the script error. I dont even see it anymore (only because i ignore it). It sounds like you havent added to all units.. I dont bother with it, because, if you put it into the units that are synced with specific modules, It will interfere with what the modules will have the AI do.. I have done many tests. And honestly, the patrol function works great. Its just a simple script error that is simply saying, " hey, i am not getting a value for the "GL5_Patrol" variable for this specific unit.." . Thats all. My best advice is to just forget about it because its not a big deal or a game breaker. its just an undefined variable. The Script error will not pop up again, Just at the beginning of the mission.

It will NOT break anything if you dont add that to the INIT of the units... Zorrobyte has an idea how to solve it. I have yet to implement it (or try to implement).. I am going to go give it the ole collage try.

Edited by Lordprimate

Yes mate, im runnin' -showscripterrors, the issue is just an error message. The patrol feature itself is working like a charm.

Maybe you are right, and the error message occurred in ArmA2 as well. I don't remember clearly ;)

Nice to hear that Zorrobyte has an idea how to fix it.

Keep on your good work on GL5 guys :)

Great news :)

Any chance you could work the same magic with Solus and Protegimus?

BR

Orc

Ive been having a great time with this mod! One weird thing Ive been encountering is my lack of itneraction with surrendered OPFOR, my friends an itneract with them but for some reason Im unable too, why do you think that could be?

Thanks for your help!

Any news when smoke will rise from burning buildings? :)

I dont have a definate date, as i have been busy with my job and real life stuffs.

However, I can say that i should be pushing out an update in a few weeks. After some testing with my group.

Opendome, are you NEVER able to interact or is it every once and a while?

Hey lordprimate,

No I haven't been able to (scroll wheel and don't et any options)

Thanks for the help!

Hey lordprimate,

No I haven't been able to (scroll wheel and don't et any options)

Thanks for the help!

this might sound counter productive but give this a try.....

First off let me say this... when you make a mission in MP.

1) you have ALL Playable UNITS synced to GL5 modules(system and specialFX)

2) you have at LEAST ONE enemy UNIT synced.

now with that said of those playable units. you will have one of them that is the "Player" unit.. (IE you have a choice to select "Player" or "Playable", when placing a unit)...

Ok That said... once you complete the mission making. go to the "Player" Unit double click on it and change it to "Playable"..

So then you will have all Playable units.. Then save the mission as MP.. and try again!!

I have experienced issues when joining the slot, that in the editor you placed as "PLayer", you dont get the action to Recruit AI.. I joined a slot what was NOT the "Player" unit and it workd fine.. I have been looking for the culprit, no luck as of yet...

AGAIN TO RECAP.

Go into your mission.. Change that ONE "Player" unit to a "Playable" unit. And test again!

Any news when smoke will rise from burning buildings? :)

I hope it will react to wind. Right now when a vehicle is destroyed there are 2 smoke effects, the vanilla one and the one from GL5FX, and the later does not react to wind. I hope this will get updated in the future.

I have some good news, I think i have the smoke / wind cure. Implementing now. If this works ill push out an update with in the next 48 hrs..

Ill have to really think about the changelog i have to keep better track of that. Noob....

anywho, yea

Edited by Lordprimate