Sign in to follow this  
lukrop

lukrop's customized configs

Lukrop, would it be possible to write a config so that the katiba rifle would take and shoot 5.56 magazines? Whether the default mags or Spartan0536's version.

Lukrop, would it be possible to write a config so that the katiba rifle would take and shoot 5.56 magazines? Whether the default mags or Spartan0536's version.

Would be possible, I'll have a look at that as soon as I have some time.

New release: 1.4

• fixed base class updates
  • removed obsolete sud_russians mag compat
  • renamed opt to old (please use @lkr_ammo)

Download 1.4

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

awesome mod man. i use quite a few divergent addons and this unfies a lot of them to perform as would be expected against similar weapons. solves one of the biggest probelms having multiple arma addons causes. thanks!

I might have a completely dumb question. I want to use JSRS with RH pack i our unit. But for the life of me, i can't seem to comprehend how to use this mod. Could someone please explain exacly how?

I might have a completely dumb question. I want to use JSRS with RH pack i our unit. But for the life of me, i can't seem to comprehend how to use this mod. Could someone please explain exacly how?
*_sound.pbo--------------

The .pbos with *_sound suffixes contain configs for the addon which replace the original

addons weapons sounds with corresponding sounds from massi's NATO SF/Speznas weapon pack.

They depend on the .pbos with *_jsrs suffixes. So you'll need to use the *_jsrs ones too if you

want to use the *_sound ones. This is because the _sound ones also change the range of the weapon sounds to 130m (which is needed by JSRS) and you wouldn't here any weapon sounds without JSRS.

Copy lkr_rh_m4_sound and lkr_rh_m4_jsrs files from lukrop's customized configs addons folder files into the RH pack addons folder.

Edited by Matosh

Copy lkr_rh_m4_sound and lkr_rh_m4_jsrs files from lukrop's customized configs addons folder files into the RH pack addons folder.

Thanks for answering. But be careful: If he only wants to have JSRS support the lkr_rh_m4_jsrs.pbo is sufficient. The lkr_rh_m4_sound.pbo replaces the RH sounds with sounds from the massi weapon pack, if he doesn't have the massi weapon pack the weapons would be silent.

To clear this up: the *_jsrs.pbo add JSRS sound effects and adjust the weapon sound range to be compatible with JSRS. They depend only on the weapon pack for which they are designed. The *_sound.pbo replace the weapon sounds with sounds from the massi weapon pack and depend on the corresponding *_jsrs.pbo. You can use the *_jsrs.pbo alone but you'll need the *_jsrs.pbo if you are using the *_sound.pbo.

Just passing by to say thanks!

It's so sweet to be able to play with addon weapons and JSRS!

This addon is a must-have.;)

Thanks for answering. But be careful: If he only wants to have JSRS support the lkr_rh_m4_jsrs.pbo is sufficient. The lkr_rh_m4_sound.pbo replaces the RH sounds with sounds from the massi weapon pack, if he doesn't have the massi weapon pack the weapons would be silent.

To clear this up: the *_jsrs.pbo add JSRS sound effects and adjust the weapon sound range to be compatible with JSRS. They depend only on the weapon pack for which they are designed. The *_sound.pbo replace the weapon sounds with sounds from the massi weapon pack and depend on the corresponding *_jsrs.pbo. You can use the *_jsrs.pbo alone but you'll need the *_jsrs.pbo if you are using the *_sound.pbo.

I tried using *_jsrs.pbo alone for RH M4/M16 Pack and the sounds were still the same, no changes were done.

Arent i'm supposed to move the lkr_rh_m4_jsrs.pbo into the @JSRS2.1 folder, NOT @RH_M4?

New release: 1.5

• fixed M16A3 full auto sounds
  • added sud_evw weapons JSRS config
  • added sud_evw weapons sound replacements (massi sounds)
  • added sud_evw NATO loadout replacements (RH M16 and default magazines)

Download 1.5

I tried using *_jsrs.pbo alone for RH M4/M16 Pack and the sounds were still the same, no changes were done.

As I already stated. Those pbos just add JSRS support. This means that there are proper distance, first person and inroom sounds as well as adjusted sound ranges for the original sounds. They do not replace weapon sounds. Use the *_sound.pbo for sound replacements.

Arent i'm supposed to move the lkr_rh_m4_jsrs.pbo into the @JSRS2.1 folder, NOT @RH_M4?

Actually it doesn't matter where you add them. ;)

Actually it doesn't matter where you add them. ;)

So if CAN put the lkr_rh_m4_jsrs.pbo into JSRS2.1 and it will work?

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Threw the config files into my main addon folder that holds most of my addons. No conflicts arise while pre-loading the game but I don't get any changes ingame.

My @MAS Seals load the same to me after this config.

http://i.imgur.com/IUTaaXE.jpg

Maybe I'm behind the times, but in my eyes all I have to do is download the mods required and throw the configuration files plus mods into a mod folder and viola?

I never made loadout changes to the massi marines or any of massis units, I'm sorry. I just changed the loadout of the US Army in sudden's east versus west mod (and the russians but didn't release that yet) and the CAF aggressors.

Gotcha! So everything is centered around the CAF guys and East VS West correct (FHQ/RH/etc)?

And no worries, you're doing a good job!

Great work lukrop. I have a question/suggestion: it´s possible that the mod use an external and editable hpp file in the userconfig folder to establish the weapons and magazine?

I read the thread and everyone is asking to you to add or use this or that weapon, so that way is more versatile.

pd: well that will have some issues with online games, side/client conflicts if the hpp aren´t the same, right? I saw the sources so it will be easy to create a custom pbo.

Edited by mrnchvs

Hey Lukrop, could you make a custom config for Toadie´s Aks (with his permition of course)? They could use Spartan0536 ballistic data and be compactible with sudden´s optics (Toadie´s 1p29 and PSO-1 doesn´t have the option of using the weapon ironsight in CQB and couldn´t find his Goshawk scope, so we could use sudden´s)

Lotsa updates today, seems everyone was expecting BIS to screw their work with the stable branch update, but all worked out very well lol ;)

cheers!

I noticed these configs alter the 416 and m4 sound from the massi pack, giving them JSRS sounds. Can this config make the massi weapons that fire 7.62x51 nato use the JSRS EBR sound. That would be much more realistic all around. That would encompass the 417c,417, sr25,G3,FNFAL and m24. The massi stock 7.62 sound is the same for all those weapons and it is really bad. Any help or how to on this would be awesome. thanks

I finally understand what all the confusion over your configs is about. I think... Your configs give various weapon addons Massi weapon sounds. It also adds sound effects (not weapon sounds) from JSRS. I know you never said any different, and you wrote it plainly enough but I guess myself and a few other read into it what we wanted to see. There are no JSRS M4 weapon sounds for Arma 3 at the moment, (AFAIK) so you can't offer a config for something that doesn't exist. I was struggling trying to figure out why I got the default weapon sounds for RH and FHQ weapons, but now I get it.

Thanks for all of your work and patience lukrop!

Gotcha! So everything is centered around the CAF guys and East VS West correct (FHQ/RH/etc)?

It isn't really centered around CAF and East vs. West per se. I just didn't make any other configs change loadouts (yet). :)

Great work lukrop. I have a question/suggestion: it´s possible that the mod use an external and editable hpp file in the userconfig folder to establish the weapons and magazine?

I read the thread and everyone is asking to you to add or use this or that weapon, so that way is more versatile.

pd: well that will have some issues with online games, side/client conflicts if the hpp aren´t the same, right? I saw the sources so it will be easy to create a custom pbo.

Yeah, that's the reason why it's open source. ;)

;2648839']Hey Lukrop' date=' could you make a custom config for Toadie´s Aks (with his permition of course)? They could use Spartan0536 ballistic data and be compactible with sudden´s optics (Toadie´s 1p29 and PSO-1 doesn´t have the option of using the weapon ironsight in CQB and couldn´t find his Goshawk scope, so we could use sudden´s)

Lotsa updates today, seems everyone was expecting BIS to screw their work with the stable branch update, but all worked out very well lol ;)

cheers![/quote']

I'll look at Toadies AKs because they look awesome.

I noticed these configs alter the 416 and m4 sound from the massi pack, giving them JSRS sounds. Can this config make the massi weapons that fire 7.62x51 nato use the JSRS EBR sound. That would be much more realistic all around. That would encompass the 417c,417, sr25,G3,FNFAL and m24. The massi stock 7.62 sound is the same for all those weapons and it is really bad. Any help or how to on this would be awesome. thanks

Maybe I'll use the JSRS2 7.62x51 NATO sounds where apropriate. I'll have a look at that.

I finally understand what all the confusion over your configs is about. I think... Your configs give various weapon addons Massi weapon sounds. It also adds sound effects (not weapon sounds) from JSRS. I know you never said any different, and you wrote it plainly enough but I guess myself and a few other read into it what we wanted to see. There are no JSRS M4 weapon sounds for Arma 3 at the moment, (AFAIK) so you can't offer a config for something that doesn't exist. I was struggling trying to figure out why I got the default weapon sounds for RH and FHQ weapons, but now I get it.

Thanks for all of your work and patience lukrop!

Yeah, you got it! :)

these M4 sounds are from JSRS, from Arma 2

Actually not really. The sounds you hear in first/third person are massis sounds. I just enabled JSRS effects. This means you'll hear a mechanic, clicking sound in first person, reverbed in room sounds if you are in a building and slightly filtered third person sounds as well as distance popping sounds. The distance popping sounds part and the JSRS effects are sounds which are from JSRS 1.5. But the main weapon sound is from massis weapon pack. :)