Sign in to follow this  
lukrop

lkr_ammo

lkr_ammo - common ammo centralized

This addon has two goals. The first is to bring the ballistics of several rounds to a realistic level. I'm using Spartan0536's data provided in his thread in the BI Forums, to create rounds and magazines. Big thanks to him at this point!

The second goal, for me personally the more important one, is to unify/centralize rounds and magazines. As of now there are several great weapon addons which are all using different types of rounds and magazines, mostly created by the addon itself. To reduce redundancy with the most common rounds and magazines this addon provides a solid base and I encourage every addon creator to use the magazines provided by the addon.

To get you started I'll be adding several optional configs for some common weapon addons.

We start with 5.56x45 and 9x19, as soon as Spartan0536 provides more ballistic configs I'll add more rounds/magazines.

Please note that this mod is incompatible with tmr_ballistics.pbo.

lkr_556x45_nato.pbo

This addon adds two new rounds and updates the ballistics of the default 5.56x45 round. It also adds the new magazines to several ammo boxes and makes the TRG-20, the TRG-21, the SDAR and the Mk20 compatible with the new magazines.

In the words of Spartan0536 regarding the new round types:

M855A1 EPR Very lethal against unarmored targets, kills in 1 shot to the chest out to 350m-400m with some variation, armor penetration on level III with SAAPI plates is about 4 shots @ 350m, this round is a general purpose round like its real life counterpart, it has the best penetration rate of all 3 rounds but it is yaw dependent on damage so it also has the lowest hit factor to compensate for this as best as possible.

Mk 318 Mod 0 Very lethal against unarmoed targets, kills in 1 shot to the chest out to 400m, armor penetration on level III with SAAPI plates is about 5 shots @ 350m, very similar performance at medium range when comparing to Mk262 Mod 1, like its real life counterpart this round is most effective at ranges from 0-300m and is designed for enhanced performance out of shorter barrel rifles.

MK262 Mod 1 VERY lethal against unarmored targets, kills in 1 shot to the chest easily out to 400m, armor penetration on level III with SAAPI plates is about 5 shots at 350m, default 5.56 was killing in 7-8 at the same range

Classnames:

Rounds:

B_556x45_Mk318_Ball
B_556x45_Mk262_Ball

Magazines:

30Rnd_556x45_Mk318_Stanag
30Rnd_556x45_Mk262_Stanag
100Rnd_556x45_Pouch
100Rnd_556x45_Pouch_Tracer
200Rnd_556x45_Box
200Rnd_556x45_Box_Tracer

lkr_9x19_parabellum.pbo

This pbo introduces three new rounds, the 9x19 Full Metal Jacket Flat Tip, the 9x19 Jacketed Hollow Point as well as the 9x19 Full Metal Jacket Penetrator +P+. It makes the P07, the Rook40 and the Sting compatible with the new magazines and adds the new magazines to the default ammo box of each faction.

Classnames:

Rounds:

B_9x19_FMJFT
B_9x19_JHP
B_9x19_FMJP

Magazines:

16Rnd_9x19_FMJFT_Mag
16Rnd_9x19_JHP_Mag
16Rnd_9x19_FMJP_Mag
30Rnd_9x19_FMJFT_Mag
30Rnd_9x19_JHP_Mag
30Rnd_9x19_FMJP_Mag

lkr_762x51_nato.pbo

This pbo introduces two new rounds and modifies the standard 7.62x51 by BIS. The default 7.62x51 is marked as a M80A1 cartridge. One new round is a Mk316 Mod 0 cartridge for more accuracy and the other is the M993 armor-piercing round. The addon also makes the Mk18 and the Rahim compatible with the new magazines.

It also adds 5Rnd and 100Rnd magazines for use in different weapon addons.

ATTENTION

The ballistic information for the 7.62x51 M80A1 and Mk316 Mod 0 cartridges are only estimated (no extensive research/calculations like the work of Spartan0536). We'll have to wait until/if Sparan0536 releases any ballistic data.

Classnames:

Rounds:

B_762x51_Mk316_Ball
B_762x51_M993_Ball

Magazines:

5Rnd_762x51_Mag
5Rnd_762x51_Mag_Tracer
5Rnd_762x51_Mk316_Mag
5Rnd_762x51_M993_Mag
10Rnd_762x51_Mag_Tracer
10Rnd_762x51_Mk316_Mag
10Rnd_762x51_M993_Mag
20Rnd_762x51_Mag_Tracer
20Rnd_762x51_Mk316_Mag
20Rnd_762x51_M993_Mag
20Rnd_762x51_Stanag
20Rnd_762x51_Stanag_Tracer
20Rnd_762x51_Mk316_Stanag
20Rnd_762x51_M993_Stanag
100Rnd_762x51_Box
100Rnd_762x51_Box_Tracer

lkr_545x39_soviet.pbo

This pbo introduces the 5.45x39mm Soviet ammunition with 4 new rounds. These are the 5N7 Ball, the 7T3 Tracer, the 7N10 enhanced penetration and the

7N22 armor-piercing rounds. The magazines are designed for use in AK-74 platforms.

ATTENTION

The ballistics of all these rounds are only estimated to my best knowledge.

Classnames:

Rounds:

B_545x39_5N7_Ball
B_545x39_7T3_Tracer
B_545x39_7N10_Ball
B_545x39_7N22_Ball

Magazines:

30Rnd_545x39_Mag
30Rnd_545x39_Mag_Tracer
100Rnd_545x39_Drum
100Rnd_545x39_Drum_Tracer
30Rnd_545x39_7N10_Mag
30Rnd_545x39_7N22_Mag

lkr_762x39_soviet.pbo

This pbo introduces the 7.62x39mm Soviet ammunition, used in the AK47/AKM platform. It adds the 57-N-231 ball round and

the 57-N-231P tracer round. Both of them in 30 and 100 round magazines.

ATTENTION

Classnames:

Rounds:

B_762x39_57N231_Ball
B_762x39_57N231P_Tracer

Magazines:

30Rnd_762x39_Mag
30Rnd_762x39_Mag_Tracer
100Rnd_762x39_Drum
100Rnd_762x39_Drum_Tracer

lkr_762x54_r.pbo

This pbo introduces the 7.62x54mmR ammunition used in platforms such as the PKM or the SVD. It adds 3 new rounds.

The 57-N-323S ball round, the 7T2 tracer round and the 7N1 sniper load round.

ATTENTION

Classnames:

Rounds:

B_762x54_57N323S_Ball
B_762x54_7T2_Tracer
B_762x54_7N1_Ball

Magazines:

10Rnd_762x54_Mag
10Rnd_762x54_Mag_Tracer
10Rnd_762x54_7N1_Mag
100Rnd_762x54_Box
100Rnd_762x54_Box_Tracer

Optional .pbos

The following .pbos make the specific addon compatible with the new rounds/magazines. They also serve as example for mod authors.

• lkr_ammo_fhq_m4.pbo
  • lkr_ammo_mas_natosfweps.pbp
  • lkr_ammo_r3f_armes.pbo
  • lkr_ammo_rh_m4.pbo
  • lkr_ammo_rhard_mk18.pbo
  • lkr_ammo_u100.pbo
  • lkr_ammo_sud_russians.pbo

You can check out the source and track development from GitHub. You can also submit pull requests with whatever changes you might like to propose. :)

Download 0.7

Please provide feedback and enjoy! :yay:

Edited by lukrop

New mod or update v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

lkr_ammo.png

@ lukrop ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New update 0.2:

Download

• fixed string listed twice/missing description
  • fixed base class updates
  • added 5.56 tracers to ammoboxes

Btw. somehow the "@" was lost the SIX network. This is kinda weird because the mod gets downloaded into the folder "lkr_ammo" instead of "@lkr_ammo". If possible please fix this. :) Thanks for mirroring Foxhound/Armaholic and Sonsalt6/SIX Network. ;)

update v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

lkr_ammo.png

Edited by Sonsalt6

hi lukrop,

thnx for this mod.

how can fixed the incompatibility with tmr? only by the mod creator of tmr, or is it a on config thing that you can fix?

do you plan to add all ammo types calculated by spartan?

does all the vanilla weapons work with the actual version, i mean are all ammo types calculated yet for the vanilla weapons?

thnx, keep on going with this fantastic mod.

Lukrop, if I use the mag_compactible addon it excludes the lkr_ammo for said weapon or we can have both compatibility with massi´s mags and your universal mags? (I can have both addons activated or either one?)

I had just seen these calculations from Spartan the other day and was hoping to see someone make something out of them. You's a good man, lukrop. Hope to see this put to good use.

how can fixed the incompatibility with tmr?

It's only incompatible with TMR's Ballistics module, because both are trying to rewrite ballistics. You can just disable that module of TMR and the rest of TMR should work just fine. There's not a whole lot that could be done to make them compatible, they both rewrite ballistics so you will have to pick which one you want.

hi thegent,

thnx for info. how can i choose which one i want to use?

only delete the tmr_ballistics.pbo and tmr_ballistics.pbo.tmr_alt.bisign

in my tmr/addons folder?

i use the tmr alternative mod.

or is it better to change the name of the file for exampel .pbo to something like .pbox to disable it?

greetz

;2636932']Lukrop' date=' if I use the mag_compactible addon it excludes the lkr_ammo for said weapon or we can have both compatibility with massi´s mags and your universal mags? (I can have both addons activated or either one?)[/quote']

You can only use either one of them. As of now lkr_ammo is missing the russian ammo but in a future version there will be support for it too. The ultimate goal is to have one mod for the most common ammo types on which addon authors can rely.

I'm thinking about creating separate 20 round 7.62x51 magazines for the HK417, M110 and SCAR H because it's kinda unrealistic now that they all are interchangable with the Mk18 EBR mags. If someone could provide UI icons I would be very glad. ;)

hi thegent,

thnx for info. how can i choose which one i want to use?

only delete the tmr_ballistics.pbo and tmr_ballistics.pbo.tmr_alt.bisign

in my tmr/addons folder?

i use the tmr alternative mod.

or is it better to change the name of the file for exampel .pbo to something like .pbox to disable it?

greetz

Delete the tmr_ballistics.pbo or move it to a subfolder.

I do have plans for 7.62x51mm NATO, I know for people who don't prefer the 5.56x45 that this is their general "go to" round. I do also have plans for 6.5x39mm Grendel and I am currently working on 6.8x43mm SPC.

As far as the 9mm weapons go, I believe that you left out the PDW2000 based on the OP only mentioning the P07, the Rook-40, and the Sting...

It's a good initiative, but a friendly warning: if you fix the ballistics, but end up having everyone carrying wrong scopes (with bad ranging/bdc reticles) then the end result is the same. So you need to fix both at the same time: ballistics and optics. I thought TMR did that already.

New update 0.2:

Download

• fixed string listed twice/missing description
  • fixed base class updates
  • added 5.56 tracers to ammoboxes

Btw. somehow the "@" was lost the SIX network. This is kinda weird because the mod gets downloaded into the folder "lkr_ammo" instead of "@lkr_ammo". If possible please fix this. :) Thanks for mirroring Foxhound/Armaholic and Sonsalt6/SIX Network. ;)

Greetings,

During the initial synchronization of the mod, I accidently forgot to add the @ in front of the mod name within the portal. This has been fixed soon after, thanks to your reports.

However for those of you who have downloaded the modification prior to the fix, you have to follow these steps to repair the faulty version.

1. open your windows explorer and browse to the mod folder

3. delete the mod folder

4. download the (fixed) mod again via PwS

5. enjoy

you know if you have a faulty version if your modfolder name is "lkr_ammo".

Again my apologies for the mistake.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It's a good initiative, but a friendly warning: if you fix the ballistics, but end up having everyone carrying wrong scopes (with bad ranging/bdc reticles) then the end result is the same. So you need to fix both at the same time: ballistics and optics. I thought TMR did that already.

I am not sure how TMR figured in his ballistics coding, I am fairly confident that he did not go into the level of research detail that I did, I spent 30 man hours alone on just the 5.56x45mm rounds to make sure they are as true to life performance as possible, this includes combat reports, ballistics testing using IWBA and FBI protocols, official documentation from the US Military, extensive in game testing of standardized materials calculated at ranges down to the millimeter (no exaggeration) and testing using a closed alpha/beta team that includes active/reserve/retired military veterans whom most have seen real combat in either Iraq, Afghanistan, or Vietnam. As far as the games coding allows everyone so far has given me at least 1 thumb up for the improvements as no game can ever be as real as life is.

Any plans to add the .300 Blackout? Do you need ballistic data?

Not sure on the .300 blackout, I know its becoming very popular in the civilian and somewhat in the SOG world, it is something that unless people want to see and if someone made a custom model for it (I know they make full upper AR kits for it) I probably would not introduce the AAC .300 Blackout.

As far as the 9mm weapons go, I believe that you left out the PDW2000 based on the OP only mentioning the P07, the Rook-40, and the Sting...

Thanks for the hint. It's just missing in the description it actually is modified to allow the use of all 9x19 magazines.

As far as I saw TMR doesn't change the hit, deflecting, visibleFire or audibleFire. I see your point, the primary goal for me is to centralize the common ammo types, though.

Any plans to add the .300 Blackout? Do you need ballistic data?

I'll focus on the 5.45×39mm, 7.62×39mm and the 7.62×54mmR, for all the russian weapon mods out there, first. I'll see but probably not as Spartan said.

Regarding ballistic data I completly rely on Spartan (or anyone else who does extensive research like him). As I said before, my primary goal is to create a resource of common rounds/magazines for weapon mods to use. This should reduce redundancy and make things easier for the end-user.

Thanks for the hint. It's just missing in the description it actually is modified to allow the use of all 9x19 magazines.
Thanks, should I take this to mean that all four "vanilla game" 9mm weapons are considered compatible with the new magazines and ammo? Would any weapons inheriting from them also be thereby considered compatible?

Thanks, should I take this to mean that all four "vanilla game" 9mm weapons are considered compatible with the new magazines and ammo? Would any weapons inheriting from them also be thereby considered compatible?

Yep, that's right. As long as you don't overwrite the magazines[] array in the weapon inheriting from them. If you wish to do so, just use the magzine classnames provided in the OP. ;)

While you're right, and it should be known that it's not a great idea to use these in-game yet, it's not like Spartan/lukrop can't do the ballistics modeling and somebody later on can come along and make scopes to match, so it's not like this is a complete waste of time.

But... on that thought, I have some questions.

Does the default ranging system (PgUp/PgDown) somehow compensate for these new ballistics automatically?

And, to be accurate, we would need different scopes for each calibre, right?

I sure do hope somebody has the interest in picking the scope side of this up sometime. My only regret is that I know nothing about 3d modeling nor do I have the time to learn.

While you're right, and it should be known that it's not a great idea to use these in-game yet, it's not like Spartan/lukrop can't do the ballistics modeling and somebody later on can come along and make scopes to match, so it's not like this is a complete waste of time.

But... on that thought, I have some questions.

Does the default ranging system (PgUp/PgDown) somehow compensate for these new ballistics automatically?

And, to be accurate, we would need different scopes for each calibre, right?

I sure do hope somebody has the interest in picking the scope side of this up sometime. My only regret is that I know nothing about 3d modeling nor do I have the time to learn.

I have personally modified the RHard Mk18 Mod 1 pack with JSRS sounds and I have it using my 5.56x45mm ballistics, I have used IanSky's scope mod with the reflex sight and the default RCO scope, I have found both of them to be exactly on target at their respective ranges. You have to remember though that 5.56x45mm rounds when fired directly have a standard zero of 300m just like in RL, I suspect that this is why the RCO does so well with my 5.56x45mm rounds.

New update: Download 0.3

• removed unrealistic ammo/mags
  • added 7.62x51 M993 AP
  • added 20Rnd 7.62x51 STANAG
  • polished CfgPatches

I removed several Tracer magazines and bullets since they simply don't exist. Also I want to make things easier and not clutter up everything by adding even more unneeded magazines.

Also Khreed made some testing with the 5.56 ammo and various scopes. He found out that currently only the RH ACOG 2D and the R3F Scrome J4 are off by ~100m. Thanks Khreed!

BIS

RCO - 830m

LRPS - 1,000m

ARCO - 829m

FHQ

Acog - 830m

Leupold Mark 4 ER/T - 1,000m

RH

Acog(2D) - 830m Off target by ~100m marking @ 600m Zero

Acog(3D) - 830m

TS-20A2 - 1,000m

R3F

Diavari Zeiss Scope

Scrome J10 Mildot

Scrome J4 - 830m - Off target by ~100m marking @ 600m Zero

Scrome J8 - 830m

lukrop, would it be possible to add a version of the 100 rnd 7.62x51 mag belts with red tracers?