Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

OK, if you wish, here it is:

PilgrimageCiv

This is what I was looking for, thanks. You should include that in your next version.

Rather not, due to side effects. As said above, better to wait for this addon. Much more elegant solution.

I posted a first version of my addon : @Unlocked_Uniforms

As of now I didn't manage to unlock the civilian clothes for military units :(

But I can pretty much garantee that it will fix any side effect/potential issues on the civ version of your mission.

I posted a first version of my addon : @Unlocked_Uniforms

As of now I didn't manage to unlock the civilian clothes for military units :(

But I can pretty much garantee that it will fix any side effect/potential issues on the civ version of your mission.

Nice one Pepe, will give this a go today. ;)

I lately started playing 1.76 and came across this problem: At some point my starting clothes are bugged. I neither can change it nor can I pick it up once dropped. Also I cannot store anything in it like FAKs etc. Only the Rig and Backpack works.

Such things happens sometimes. For example I sometimes can't open the backpack. Not mission bug of course. This mission is indeed good benchmark of A3's code stability. And so far revealed at least several game bugs. Another example - currently I'm investigating this strange "CfgWeapons" config error message, that shows up sometimes at init. Seems, it may show up at spawn of spotter or sniper units of opfor and resistance but, what is strange for config issues, happens not each time, but only sometimes and causes serious lag. These are too valuable units to remove them just like that from the spawning pool though. Also was forced to redone jukebox code for 1.77, due to malfunctioning sometimes music event handler, that fails to detect stop playing event, what causes jukebox indefinitelly waiting for the end of previous track till game load, we also have issues with multiplying of magazines in the inventory, loosing partially emptied currently loaded magazine in the rifle at load saved game, CTDs from time to time at init and probably more, I forgot.

I lately started playing 1.76 and came across this problem: At some point my starting clothes are bugged. I neither can change it nor can I pick it up once dropped. Also I cannot store anything in it like FAKs etc. Only the Rig and Backpack works.

I've had this happen many times. I think it happens when you change your uniform without emptying the one you are wearing. I had this happens in other scenarios. But it always resolved itself. Next time you encounter another wearable uniform there is a chance you will be able to wear it and and you will be able to store stuff in it again.

Here is my humble but cozy "FOB", I managed to assemble in one hour during one of 1.77 testing gameplays:

FOB "Rydygier"

There is even very nice, small village with perfect beach nearby. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Nice job on your FOB Rydygier. :)

Rydygier, is there any chance of adding smoke with a script to the fires instead of relying on Blastcore. Blastcore is excellent but i'm trying to keep mods to a minimum or is this something TPW could add i wonder? Because without Blastcore there's no smoke whatsoever which is a bit of a bummer. It's not important just merely a question! ;)

Better use Blastcore, or another addon (if any exist) really. Blastcore AFAIK changes config to add such smoke, any scripted replacer will be heavier (it must also detect constantly, when player lights/puts out the fire) and will take precious scheduler cycles. Addon way is simply better for performance in this case.

Better use Blastcore, or another addon (if any exist) really. Blastcore AFAIK changes config to add such smoke, any scripted replacer will be heavier (it must also detect constantly, when player lights/puts out the fire) and will take precious scheduler cycles. Addon way is simply better for performance in this case.

Oh well, i'll play without smoke for now until Blastcore is fixed due to current errors! Makes it more of a challenge to find the camps this way! ;)

I am finding that I am losing chances to search bodies for intel or gather gear because they vanish from the map before I get to them. For instance it may not be the best plan to go directly to a checkpoint that I just took down from 1.5KM away, and I spend some time clearing out a nearby area to be safe. Then I find the bodies at the checkpoint are just gone.

If nothing else, could the distance / time factor be increased?

Thanks for all the work!

-Doc

EDIT: BTW, I love that nearby vehicles will come investigate ... I've had to snap-shoot three now with the rocket launcher; one of which was a very close range. Great feature!

Edited by Doc. Caliban

I'm not playing the latest version but v1.74, I believe, and my waypoints have stopped working. It was great for plotting long routes and checking multiple churches efficiently, I wish it was feature in the vanilla game.

After I established my first hideout, shift+clicking on the map just closes it. Loading a save or restarting the game doesn't fix it. Maybe a mission restart would but I'm too far into the mission to try it right now.

Doc, time and distance factors are rather carefully set to find golden middle between chance for looting and performance. For non-AC combat bodies you have 30 minutes before body will be removed, if farther than 2.5 km from the player. As for AC bodies values are lower and dependent on number of bodies. This must be that way to avoid performance drop in some situations.

Assume, that not only you are looting the bodies, so if you do not act fast enough, someone else may be first... Anyway, I recommend to play with kill marks set on "own kills" - this really makes gameplay less stressful, as you aren't distracted all the time byt new marks generated constantly by AC. I'm playing that way and I'm after 2 hours of play rich and have good weaponry selection anyway.

After I established my first hideout, shift+clicking on the map just closes it.

Could you try to use action for returning to the hideout and after that check, if this changed anything? Same for hitchhiking... Found possibility of such thing, if you did not set at init "multiple hideouts" and tried to use hideout travel when too close to the hideout (warning hint saying so should appear). In such case proper hideout travel should solve the problem and I fixed that for the next version.

Edited by Rydygier

Could you try to use action for returning to the hideout and after that check, if this changed anything? Same for hitchhiking... Found possibility of such thing, if you did not set at init "multiple hideouts" and tried to use hideout travel when too close to the hideout (warning hint saying so should appear). In such case proper hideout travel should solve the problem and I fixed that for the next version.

Yeah, returning to hideout fixed it. Thanks!

Mission upgraded to 1.77. Changelog:

- chosen classes of hostiles can now chase and hunt the player with cooperation with near allied fast response forces, if they spot player's footprints. It is rare event;

- various tweaks and fixes for jukebox;

- player now can release (remove) hostile unit, that surrendered;

- fixed an issue for hideout travel, that was under certain circumstancies breaking shift+click waypoint feature till next such travel.

Doc, time and distance factors are rather carefully set to find golden middle between chance for looting and performance. For non-AC combat bodies you have 30 minutes before body will be removed, if farther than 2.5 km from the player.

Were bodies disappearing before Ambient Combat was implemented? I could swear when returned to a checkpoint that I had cleared hours before, and half way across the map, and the bodies and weapons were still there. It was nice too and added to immersion. If we play with marks on "own kills" and "low AC", can we keep the "own kills" from disappearing, non-AC at least? About the equipment I don't care, it makes sense that the locals would pillage it. But it'd be nice if the bodies remained there, when I travel back to boat I like to see the results of my past "actions".

Were bodies disappearing before Ambient Combat was implemented? I could swear when returned to a checkpoint that I had cleared hours before, and half way across the map, and the bodies and weapons were still there.

No, this was introduced after AC and due to AC mostly.

Having not removed bodies may be nice for immersion, but is bad for performance. There was complaints about dropping in time FPS. Mostly, because at each body weaponholder is spawned. And to leave bodies only for "ornamental" purpose, that player probably will never see again anyway? Possible, but do not know, if this is reason worthy of price in performance? For people with stronger PC maybe, but for low-end this may do real difference. I could however restore permanent non-AC bodies as an option (eg third option for caching system setting to avoid more init settings). We'll see at 1.78 release.

I could however restore permanent non-AC bodies as an option (eg third option for caching system setting to avoid more init settings). We'll see at 1.78 release.

That would be awesome. I do see many of them since I go back to the boat anyway. Or, if we choose "No" for AC, do they all stay?

Or, if we choose "No" for AC, do they all stay?

No, "gravedigger" functions work anyway, only in another mode.

Rydygier: Was there any change on eAI choppers? Since a bunch of builds back im never chased by them. Before if i attacked eAI infantry and fought a while i usually got a chopper coming in that i had to play hide and seek with, but now ive played many hours i cant even count them, and even restarted several times, but i never come across enemey choppers that hunt me. I can see them sometimes flying really high up but they never care about me - even if i drive in a vehicle.

You think either ASR AI or TPW mods could mess with this?

Don't think, anything is wrong, all was working fine during 1.77 tests. You probably are simply "unlucky" so far. :) If you want to increase chance to be hunted, set at init long range for chopper patrols. All depends, where these two guarded airfields are located. If beyond this range - no choppers. If you want to increase that chance even more - turn off ambient combat. Then east and resistance are allied and both sides may call the chopper over you. Otherwise only eastern groups may call air support. Also with ambient combat active there is a risk, so chopper(s) will be destroyed during war between east and resistance.

Those flying very high are, I suppose, part of air traffic from TPW's.

Also I'll gladly add to the init air patrol setting very long range, to make choppers flying on nearly whole island. Currently max radius is 6300, what means, in certain cases (far from center airfields) majority of the island still may be not covered with patrols.

Edited by Rydygier

For non-AC combat bodies you have 30 minutes before body will be removed, if farther than 2.5 km from the player.

My understanding then is that my own kills will only vanish after 30 minutes of being farther than 2.5KM from my location. Is that correct? I am not playing with AC this time around, and have the body marker set to Own Kills. What happens if I come back within 2.5KM of a body before the 30 minutes has passed? Does it reset the timer?

I think 2.5KM is a fair distance, and now that I know about it, I can plan appropriately. Thank you.

-Doc