Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Yes. Treshold is 100 meters. If any two churches/chapels are closer than this to each other, only first on the list is counted. If you wish, you may change this here (JRInit.sqf):

{
		if (((_x select 0) distance _pos) < 100) exitWith {_tooClose = true};
		}
	foreach _assigned;

Just replace 100 with anything, you prefer. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm am working on Beta 3 of Malden.

• Add 17+ more potential checkpoints.
  • Adding a minimum of 4 new churches.
  • 1 maybe 2 more airfields.
  • Reduce distance from churches for save trigger.
  • More potential strongholds.
  • Move boat closer to player at spawn points.
  • Add more spawn points locations.
  • ????
  • Like 1

More checkpoints and strongholds are always good. Not sure about airfields, the island is small with not much empty space for more airfields imho.

I think I remember passing by two wiped out checkpoints that were manned by different factions rather close to each other, I think they may have been close enough to start shooting at each other upon activation. It would be nice if this could be avoided, NPCs are stealing my kills :).

Minor quality of life suggestions:

* change the color of the "Holster weapon" action and maybe actually name it "Holster weapon" as in all the other missions that I saw

* change the color of the "Search for information about you brother" on corpses, for better readability

From the Pilgrimage guide by Alky Lee.Version 2.0 (Pilgrimage 1.94) 14/9/16

STRONGHOLDS & AIRFIELDS
There are two airfields and two strongholds on the map in each mission. Their locations randomly chosen
from military and industrial areas and all airfields (but not in towns).

So the way I understand it, only two airfields are active on new game if SAD is selected. So there can be 10 airfields/helipads but only two are active. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

IMO if you choose AC and a high percent of checkpoints, there's a high probability of that happening on any map. I think the player needs to choose his setup accordingly.

Minor quality of life suggestions:

* change the color of the "Holster weapon" action and maybe actually name it "Holster weapon" as in all the other missions that I saw

* change the color of the "Search for information about you brother" on corpses, for better readability

That script was taken from HERE and is the extent of my scripting info on how to change it. Sorry.

Really appreciate the input, thanks.

1. while {alive player} do {
  2.   waitUntil {primaryWeapon player != "" or handgunWeapon player != ""};
  3.   _unitholsteraction = player addAction ["No weapon in hand",{
  4.     player action ["SWITCHWEAPON",player,player,-1];
  5.     },nil,6,false,true];
  6.   waitUntil {currentWeapon player == "" or {primaryWeapon player == "" && handgunWeapon player == ""}};
  7.   if (primaryWeapon player == "" && handgunWeapon player == ""exitWith {
  8.     player removeAction _unitholsteraction;
  9.   };
  10.   player removeAction _unitholsteraction;
  11.   _unitequipprimaryactiontext = "Weapon " + getText (configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> primaryWeapon player >> "displayName");
  12.    _unitequipprimaryaction = player addAction [_unitequipprimaryactiontext,{
  13.      player action ["SWITCHWEAPON",player,player,0];
  14.      },nil,6,false,true];
  15.    waitUntil {currentWeapon player != "" or primaryWeapon player == ""};
  16.    player removeAction _unitequipprimaryaction;
  17. };

Couldn't you just change that text to read "Holster Weapon" ?

What I did in my mini-mod to add the "Holster Weapon" to a mission that doesn't have it:

player addAction [ "<t color='#FF1493'>Holster Weapon" , { player action [ "hideWeapon", player, player, 101 ] }, [], 1, false, true, "", "currentWeapon player != '' && vehicle player == player", -1, false ];
player addAction [ "<t color='#FF1493'>Weapon in hands", { player action [ "hideWeapon", player, player, 0 ] },   [], 1, false, true, "", "currentWeapon player == '' && vehicle player == player && { primaryWeapon player != '' } ", -1, false ];

That gives the command a magenta-ish color in the action menu.

8 hours ago, neofit said:

What I did in my mini-mod to add the "Holster Weapon" to a mission that doesn't have it:

player addAction [ "<t color='#FF1493'>Holster Weapon" , { player action [ "hideWeapon", player, player, 101 ] }, [], 1, false, true, "", "currentWeapon player != '' && vehicle player == player", -1, false ];
player addAction [ "<t color='#FF1493'>Weapon in hands", { player action [ "hideWeapon", player, player, 0 ] },   [], 1, false, true, "", "currentWeapon player == '' && vehicle player == player && { primaryWeapon player != '' } ", -1, false ];

That gives the command a magenta-ish color in the action menu.

Ah OK. And where was this script info added?

And does it stick and remain working in SP & MP?

Is there an [] execVM required, if so what would it be?

11 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

1. while {alive player} do {
  2.   waitUntil {primaryWeapon player != "" or handgunWeapon player != ""};
  3.   _unitholsteraction = player addAction ["No weapon in hand",{
  4.     player action ["SWITCHWEAPON",player,player,-1];
  5.     },nil,6,false,true];
  6.   waitUntil {currentWeapon player == "" or {primaryWeapon player == "" && handgunWeapon player == ""}};
  7.   if (primaryWeapon player == "" && handgunWeapon player == ""exitWith {
  8.     player removeAction _unitholsteraction;
  9.   };
  10.   player removeAction _unitholsteraction;
  11.   _unitequipprimaryactiontext = "Weapon " + getText (configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> primaryWeapon player >> "displayName");
  12.    _unitequipprimaryaction = player addAction [_unitequipprimaryactiontext,{
  13.      player action ["SWITCHWEAPON",player,player,0];
  14.      },nil,6,false,true];
  15.    waitUntil {currentWeapon player != "" or primaryWeapon player == ""};
  16.    player removeAction _unitequipprimaryaction;
  17. };

Couldn't you just change that text to read "Holster Weapon" ?

Yup I thought of that and I'm sure it would work. It just comes down to semantics.

3 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Ah OK. And where was this script info added?

And does it stick and remain working in SP & MP?

Is there an [] execVM required, if so what would it be?

I just gave this as an example as to how to add color to your addAction call.

I never tried it in MP, I guess one has to sign it or something. It worked fine in the Pilgrimages that don't have this option. I guess my knowledge of scripting is about a couple of google searches away from yours :), but here goes.

I have an init.sqf with :

waitUntil {(!isNull player) and (alive player)};

then a config.cpp:

class CfgPatches
    {
    class HolsterWeapon
        {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
         author[] = {"Neofit"};
        requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers"};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        };
    };

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers
{
  HolsterWeapon_Post_Init = "HolsterWeapon_Post_Init_Var = [] execVM ""\HolsterWeapon\init.sqf""";
};

Both are a in a directory called "HolsterWeapon\", and I used "Addon Prefix" = HolsterWeapon in Arma3 Addon Builder to compile it into HolsterWeapon.pbo.

I am sure it is missing a lot of sanity checks and other things, but it took me long enough to make a Hello World! from bits and pieces in other people's mods, without a proper "Scripting for dummies" tutorial.

Thanks for the info. The config.cpp was not required. Will test further in game.  :grinning:

On 6/27/2017 at 7:32 PM, major-stiffy said:

I'm am working on Beta 3 of Malden.

• Add 17+ more potential checkpoints.
  • Adding a minimum of 4 new churches.
  • 1 maybe 2 more airfields.
  • Reduce distance from churches for save trigger.
  • More potential strongholds.
  • Move boat closer to player at spawn points.
  • Add more spawn points locations.
  • ????

SP beta 3 ready for testing. This should be close to it's final form.

Revised holster weapon script thanks to neofit. Scroll mouse for this action in color.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al4irMhnXznagQEgL28mHmm2NZ9M

COOP version of Malden added.

@

Rydygier and @ major-stiffy

For the SP Tanoa, is there a way to change the search-size of settingcamp.sqf in Tanoa cuz i noticed that in Tanoa you don't have a lot of options to place your camp unless its an very OPEN and flat terrain which hardly exists in Tanoa, i tried to do it myself but i just can't understand it ( yeh i read the bohemia wiki about it, and my brain just cant get a grasp on it). Also a earplug script would be great: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26624   its simple earplug which I did inserted it myself but i think it would be better to have it in the mission file itself.

I also noticed that its not only the ADM/Phone that say Lingor it's most of the text.

I can only help with fixing all/most maps saying Lingor, this will get fixed in the next few days.

All should be fixed.

Edited by major-stiffy
Fixed

1 hour ago, STONEY-DSP said:

search-size of settingcamp.sqf

Not sure, but I'm reading BIKI about isFlatEmpty and seems, I somehow misused this command (second parameter), or syntax was modified - seems, I'm using VBS syntax, which indeed may suggest, Arma 3 syntax was changed, and VBS' not, or I'm using VBS syntax by mistake. No time for own experiments, but you may try such changes in this file. 

Is:

_dst0 = 20;
_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [18,_dst0,0.5,5,0,false,_vh];
_ct = 0;

while {((count _pos2) < 2)} do
	{
	_ct = _ct + 1;
	if (_ct > 10) exitWith {};
	_dst = _dst0 + (_ct * 10);
	_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [18,_dst,0.5,5,0,false,_vh]
	};

Try instead:

_dst = 20;
_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [_dst,-1,0.75,5,0,false,_vh];

{
	_dst = _dst - 1;
	if (_dst < 10) exitWith {};
	_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [_dst,-1,0.75,5,0,false,_vh]
	};

If still not good, perhaps try to replace both 5s with lesser value and/or increase 0.75 up to 1 (according to BIKI 1 means tolerance for 45 degrees steepness).  if still not good, try to replace 10 with lesser number (how far from nearest static object around position), but it's not recommended IMO, last resort. Best practice would be attempting to unload the camp where you can find some promising empty space in 50 meters radius. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Not sure, but I'm reading BIKI about isFlatEmpty and seems, I somehow misused this command (second parameter), or syntax was modified - seems, I'm using VBS syntax, which indeed may suggest, Arma 3 syntax was changed, and VBS' not, or I'm using VBS syntax by mistake. No time for own experiments, but you may try such changes in this file. 

Is:

_dst0 = 20;
_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [18,_dst0,0.5,5,0,false,_vh];
_ct = 0;

{
	_ct = _ct + 1;
	if (_ct > 10) exitWith {};
	_dst = _dst0 + (_ct * 10);
	_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [18,_dst,0.5,5,0,false,_vh]
	};

Try instead:

_dst = 20;
_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [_dst,-1,0.75,5,0,false,_vh];

{
	_dst = _dst - 1;
	if (_dst < 10) exitWith {};
	_pos2 = _pos isFlatEmpty [_dst,-1,0.75,5,0,false,_vh]
	};

If still not good, perhaps try to replace both 5s with lesser value and/or increase 0.75 up to 1 (according to BIKI 1 means tolerance for 45 degrees steepness).  if still not good, try to replace 10 with lesser number (how far from nearest static object around position), but it's not recommended IMO, last resort. Best practice would be attempting to unload the camp where you can find some promising empty space in 50 meters radius. 

now i understand it, THNX i'll test it out and let you guys know what's the best for Tanoa.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2017 at 3:43 PM, major-stiffy said:

SP beta 3 ready for testing.

Just played a beta 3 game, it was fun. Did you add an extra airfield to the northern part of the island? It feels rather crowded, it's like non-stop bases/strongholds/airfields, all within shot distance of each other. At the same time, checkpoints are severely lacking imho. I've cleared the whole northern half of the map, moving along roads, and only saw 2 checkpoints. About 7 hideouts, but only 2 checkpoints.

Suggestion: any chance you can limit the unit pool so that we have very limited armor on the map, like in a2012v's versions? Maybe, even better imho, limit it so it doesn't use Arma3 sci-fi units like the bugmen but only those in RHS for instance?

Hi,

Is there a working 3 player coop version already?

Would love to try one with friends

On 7/2/2017 at 2:17 PM, NikkeliFIN said:

Hi,

Is there a working 3 player coop version already?

Would love to try one with friends

Yes, there is a 3 player version. Actually there is 3 player + 1 that is not playable in the group and can't be killed. He is used just to follow the group leader and command him as you wish as a backup spawn point if any players dies and doesn't have a spawn point. U can play as 2 player also just disable the 3rd player in the role assignment menu prior to starting the mission. Don't forget to set your parameters in the upper right corner also.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al4irMhnXznag05Mcc7E2O-XFPGq

Edit: The AI that's is not playable can not die.

1 hour ago, neofit said:

Just played a beta 3 game, it was fun. Did you add an extra airfield to the northern part of the island? It feels rather crowded, it's like non-stop bases/strongholds/airfields, all within shot distance of each other. At the same time, checkpoints are severely lacking imho. I've cleared the whole northern half of the map, moving along roads, and only saw 2 checkpoints. About 7 hideouts, but only 2 checkpoints.

Suggestion: any chance you can limit the unit pool so that we have very limited armor on the map, like in a2012v's versions? Maybe, even better imho, limit it so it doesn't use Arma3 sci-fi units like the bugmen but only those in RHS for instance?

As I said before, there are only 2 strongholds and 2 airfields/heli airfields per game. There are 15 mcamps but only 2 will be strongholds. There are 6 airfields/heli airfield pads but only 2 will have a helicopter. There are 31 possible checkpoints if you choose 100% in GUI. The problem with this map there is not a lot of roads plus one's that intersect that have the clearance to set the checkpoint up, it is a bit tricky. Do you have checkpoints set to 100%?

Based on above, do you still feel more is needed?

Hideouts are not adjusted by me at all, no change form Ryd's scripts. Adjust hideout amount in GUI.

As far as other AI dudes, you can use CUP units, RHS or any other AI mod and it should help adjust AI and armor from my experience.

What are the bugman?

Thanks for your input!

5 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

What are the bugman?

Thanks for your input!

Bugmen are the CSAT forces some have that defender helmet with glasses on them

23 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Do you have checkpoints set to 100%?

Yes, I have everything at 100%. I guess I was just unlucky.

23 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

As far as other AI dudes, you can use CUP units, RHS or any other AI mod and it should help adjust AI and armor from my experience.

I understand that Pilgrimage is creating a pool with all the stock Arma3 units together with all the unit mods that we give him. I usually alternate between the 2 RHS'es, CUP, African Conflict, etc. But this makes it mix Arma3's fantasy units with the ones from today, some of the funniest combinations are when African rebels on their pickups are fighting Arma3's Persian bugmen. I was wondering if there was a not too time-consuming way to actually remove all the Arma3 units from the pool so only the ones from the mod are taken. Currently I am playing my first Taunus playthrough, and am seeing, in Northern Germany, Ion PMCs in winter clothing fighting, again, Persians in desert clothing :).

21 minutes ago, STONEY-DSP said:

Bugmen are the CSAT forces some have that defender helmet with glasses on them

Otherwise known as Vipers

2 hours ago, neofit said:

I've had a couple of playthroughs on Malden. On my first one I found the stronghold locations to be a bit overcrowded with military buildings and the map was slow to load, so I edited the map to reduce the object count and get rid of the tall towers which just remind me of Altis. I like the more low key/small scale nature of the strongholds/airfields now but that's my personal taste. I play with loot on realistic at 75% so I get a chance of getting weapons but not too much. I normally get my weapons/vehicles from dead enemies, even if I didn't actually kill them. The northeastern part of the island is like a garrison area and not much can be done about it.

Just a heads up

...Pilgrimage was made for Altis and thus so were the available options in the GUI. When we play on other types (sizes) of terrains the final tally can seem a bit off.

I was wondering if there was a not too time-consuming way to actually remove all the Arma3 units from the pool so only the ones from the mod are taken.

THIS

Depends, what's time consuming. There are few kinds of spawns used, some based on groups (partially predefined lists, that need to be replaced one by one, + dynamically collected groups per side), some based on predefined unit lists (again manual replacement required - camps, checkpoints, strongholds). I would say it is time consuming. Some scripts editing required too, eg for dynamic blacklisting, perhaps using this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unitAddons