Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

BTW, since 1.95 awaits for better times, perhaps in the meantime anyone would like to leave his own mark in the Pilgrimage? I could probably use some more random phone call conversations, sentences for companion or civilian comments. 

I have a lot for COOP like:

I can't spawn, no spawn location shown!

Why was the SafePosition 2km away?

Stop bitching. It will get fixed then broken again.

Of course I'm kidding. :f:

I figured out what the problem is with RYD_BT. It looks like someone, a very evil person, in one game patch, has propagated the redefinition of MaximumLoad to 1-4 levels lower in the hierarchy than it used to be. So I had to literally rewrite the whole mod by picking each type from each faction and testing where the redefinition ends so it doesn't overwrite what I put in the mod.

For instance, just for the offroads, it used to be enough to redefine the value for Car_F. Now, in order to take care of all the offroads in the the stock game with expansions:

class Offroad_01_base_F: Car_F                         { maximumLoad = 1000000; };
     class Offroad_01_unarmed_base_F: Offroad_01_base_F     { maximumLoad = 1000000; };
     class Offroad_01_armed_base_F: Offroad_01_base_F       { maximumLoad = 1000000; };
     class Offroad_01_repair_base_F: Offroad_01_base_F      { maximumLoad = 1000000; };
     class Offroad_01_military_base_F: Offroad_01_base_F    { maximumLoad = 1000000; };
     class BAF_Offroad_D: Car_F                             { maximumLoad = 1000000; };

class Offroad_02_base_F: Car_F                    { maximumLoad = 1000000;};
     class Offroad_02_unarmed_base_F: Offroad_02_base_F{ maximumLoad = 1000000;};

So now my new version is working, even with the few RHS vehicles that I have tried it with. I still have half a dozen helicopters to finish, that I put on the back burner since I don't fly. If anyone wants to play with large trunks again, I can release it on the Workshop for instance.

• Like 2

Based on Major Stiffy's Malden port I have created an alternative version. Only 1 possible airfield and 1 possible stronghold are located off the mainland. This means that you are guaranteed to have at least one airfield and one stronghold on the mainland in any mission. Airfield/stronghold locations contain less added buildings and no KOTH towers so they are much more low key. Just the strength of enemy presence give them away. Locating the officer/captive should not be so tedious. I have also removed the holster weapon action and the NVGs from the boat.

I have also amended the Lingor version for Dingor which is a straight conversion

Download Malden

Download Dingor

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alky_lee said:

Locating the officer/captive should not be so tedious.

This. I so wanted this changed in every version, even Ryd's original one. I mean it's no problem looking for some civilian within 300m of the stronghold, when said stronghold is the NW airfield in Altis, with its 4 buildings within range. But on Malden whether it's in the northern military base, or one of Majors Stiffy's in the south, you can spend like an hour just looking for the dude. It's like I'm mute and cannot yell for the person to come out. IMHO the captive should be right by the officer, it would also add to the challenge, no more bombing his room.

Thanks for the Dingor version, I didn't even know that the desert version of the map existed :).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neofit said:

This. I so wanted this changed in every version, even Ryd's original one. I mean it's no problem looking for some civilian within 300m of the stronghold, when said stronghold is the NW airfield in Altis, with its 4 buildings within range. But on Malden whether it's in the northern military base, or one of Majors Stiffy's in the south, you can spend like an hour just looking for the dude. It's like I'm mute and cannot yell for the person to come out. IMHO the captive should be right by the officer, it would also add to the challenge, no more bombing his room.

Thanks for the Dingor version, I didn't even know that the desert version of the map existed :).

It's still not that easy and they will still be in the last place that you look, as always.

1 hour ago, STONEY-DSP said:

Also a reason why im adjusting the Tanoa version the POW on Tanoa is spawned in closed buildings either from the map or placed. 2nd stupid thing is the corpse of that brother is always found within 16 churches wether it's on hard or easy. alos i wanted to adjust some things from it so the gameplay could extend from 1hr totally finished to 3 hours max of total fun

Once I found the body inside the church itself which was non enterable. Even after destroying the church, I still couldn't recover the body.

Question: what is the use of these earplugs? For those who don't have buttons to raise/lower sound volume on the keyboard?

My "Large Trunks" add-on is ready: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4bfg1b0b5vgdy7/%40Large_Trunks.2017-07-15.zip?dl=0

Thanks to Ryd for providing the how-to in RYD_BT.

Works for all Arma3 + expansions vehicles (but carts, come on, even a cheater like me wouldn't do that) and current RHS 0.4.2.2.

I wanted to add the link to my signature, but just noticed that we don't have them on this forum anymore :).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, neofit said:

Question: what is the use of these earplugs? For those who don't have buttons to raise/lower sound volume on the keyboard?

Don't want them than don't use them. And yes not every1 has a sound volume button on their headset or keyboard. but i  guess you can afford those.

like daffy duck would say:  Stupid qwuestion 

2 minutes ago, STONEY-DSP said:

Don't want them than don't use them. And yes not every1 has a sound volume button on their headset or keyboard. but i  guess you can afford those.

I asked a genuine question, maybe they do something I missed. No point in acting like a frustrated ass.

9 minutes ago, STONEY-DSP said:

No need for the flame-baiting

Now lets return to the topic in question.

I did not understand, you can play with vcom a.i or  not

31 minutes ago, Danilik said:

I did not understand, you can play with vcom a.i or  not

Yes you can. What we have found though is it slows down the mechanics. For example, making a box will take 5 seconds to see it, selling an item will takes 5 seconds to sell. Things don't work like normal when using ViaCom. Try it yourself and see.

On 15/07/2017 at 4:23 AM, alky_lee said:

Based on Major Stiffy's Malden port I have created an alternative version. Only 1 possible airfield and 1 possible stronghold are located off the mainland. This means that you are guaranteed to have at least one airfield and one stronghold on the mainland in any mission. Airfield/stronghold locations contain less added buildings and no KOTH towers so they are much more low key.

Am I supposed to get a captive to free at every airfield too? I never know, I sometimes can't find any at strongholds either :).

6 hours ago, neofit said:

Am I supposed to get a captive to free at every airfield too? I never know, I sometimes can't find any at strongholds either :).

There are only captives at the 2 strongholds, not at airfields so don't waste your time looking for captives at an airfield like I did the other night. Remember to check the intel from the officer as soon as you get it. That will confirm the airfield/stronghold locations. It is not always clear that you are at an airfield if the chopper never made it back from its last sortie. There will be a helipad, but there are a few of those around Malden, even at strongholds.

On 7/14/2017 at 8:23 PM, alky_lee said:

Based on Major Stiffy's Malden port I have created an alternative version. Only 1 possible airfield and 1 possible stronghold are located off the mainland. This means that you are guaranteed to have at least one airfield and one stronghold on the mainland in any mission. Airfield/stronghold locations contain less added buildings and no KOTH towers so they are much more low key. Just the strength of enemy presence give them away. Locating the officer/captive should not be so tedious. I have also removed the holster weapon action and the NVGs from the boat.

I have also amended the Lingor version for Dingor which is a straight conversion

Download Malden

Download Dingor

Great!  :thumb:

Is the Dingor version ported directly from official Lingor 1.95 beta 1 version?  Looks like it is. Never mind.

The intro with man standing on dock didn't play for Malden version.  Mission started at the briefing screen with map (with boat location marked).

Also, # and placement of hideouts needs to be tweaked for Malden, as there are now too many, and often they occur very close to one another, sometimes as close as <100m.  But I'm having fun anyway!  :-)

Spoiler

cfd436564115823.jpg0e25c0564116063.jpg

• Like 1

On 16/07/2017 at 7:31 PM, OMAC said:

Great!  :thumb:

Is the Dingor version ported directly from official Lingor 1.95 beta 1 version?  Looks like it is. Never mind.

The intro with man standing on dock didn't play for Malden version.  Mission started at the briefing screen with map (with boat location marked).

Also, # and placement of hideouts needs to be tweaked for Malden, as there are now too many, and often they occur very close to one another, sometimes as close as <100m.  But I'm having fun anyway!  :-)

Yes the Dingor version is just a straight copy of the Lingor version. 

All I did for the Malden mission was remove a few hundred objects and reposition the strongholds & airfields so that they were more likely to be on the mainland and not so close to each other. The intro & outro were broken and I don't think my scripting lack of skill is sufficient to be able to fix it. It's something for me to learn. 

When playing on smaller maps I always turn down hidden camps in the settings, usually to 75% which reduces the likelihood of camps next to each other although I still had one on directly the same spot as another. On Stratis I found tent city with five camps within 100m of each other.

I haven't had a lot of time recently, as Pvt Partz has ported the mission to Cambodia and I have spent a bit of time in the Jungle. The map is small but awesome. I had a wonderful experience and still managed to grab a T100 from a stronghold.:don11:

rujWZFa.png

Cambodia looks cool.  I had a T-100 (from a stronghold where I also rescued a captive) and an RHS T-72 last time I played Pilgrimage on Bornholm! 

Very good idea to limit hideouts on small islands at outset!!!!!!!  I'll do that in the future.