Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

After body has been found and loaded onto vehicle, will civilians still offer clues as to strongpoint locations?

I think the point of the mission after you have found the body is to try to get the  H, E, double hockey sticks out of there and back to the boat.

Intel from civilians about strongholds will be rare (although should be still possible after finding the body). Three  factors, that make this chance a bit higher are high reputation, distance between intel source and a stronghold to be pointed (the closer, the bigger chance) and choosing paid intel option. Fastest way to find some would be to check personally every coordinates from the phone call before finding the body - using fast travel/having lots of FF for it. Easier may be to locate an active airfield - these are only few on the island, and two will be active while for two strongholds there are more empty coordinates. 

3 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

I think the point of the mission after you have found the body is to try to get the  H, E, double hockey sticks out of there and back to the boat.

Yep, that is what I have done on every playthrough until now.  Doing otherwise is preposterous for one guy.  But I have a Marid, so I thought I'd try kicking a little ass.  I'm trying to clear Altis airport now - a fool's errand, but what the heck.  The placement and numbers of enemy are very well done in Pilgrimage, very realistic.

3 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Intel from civilians about strongholds will be rare (although should be still possible after finding the body). Three  factors, that make this chance a bit higher are high reputation, distance between intel source and a stronghold to be pointed (the closer, the bigger chance) and choosing paid intel option. Fastest way to find some would be to check personally every coordinates from the phone call before finding the body - using fast travel/having lots of FF for it. Easier may be to locate an active airfield - these are only few on the island, and two will be active while for two strongholds there are more empty coordinates. 

Excellent info.  Many thanks.  

Yah!  After clearing main airport (:shoot:) with my Marid, I received intel from one of the surrendered CSAT men there (not the officer with beret, just a team leader, I guess): map markers for both airports and both strongpoints appeared!   Awesome.  :sol:

Spoiler

CCDAB0CC0A0E027936663DFF8E288B2252B6E8A2

• Like 1

Malden, Malden, Malden!

Pretty please dear Portmasters :D

1 hour ago, neofit said:

Malden, Malden, Malden!

Pretty please dear Portmasters :D

I plan on doing both COOP and SP in the next few days. :icon14:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Pilgrimage single player Malden Beta 1 download. Other versions there also. Please provide feedback on mechanic's that may be broken. The intro appears not to work. There is holster weapon option in scroll wheel menu.

Nice job, thanks. I've played about 3 hours, nothing major (but fun :) ) to report. In the auction radio messages about vehicles and enemy presence, you forgot to replace Lingor by Malden. Also, since the island is not that big, a smaller intel circle might be better, the current one coves almost the whole of the island.

OK will search out Lingor and replace. Thanks!

Circle intel is based on some calculation Ryd did with Altis, it's over my head so I can't do anything, sorry. :dontgetit:

Dam it, all the updates scripting you added to onPlayerRespawn.sqf..... Ryd.... has stopped working for clients since latest BI update (only works for group leader/server) in COOP. Any thoughts buddy? :down:

I'm referring ADMClient text on lower left of screen showing.

Do you mean ADM messages are not visible on client again? No, sorry, no idea, what, how nor why. This would require regular debugging, which requires free time and mind, and also client-side testers. If you not removed them, there was left some diag_log RPT probes in this file regarding ADM channels, thus server's and client's RPT may give some clue... or not. 

11 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Pilgrimage single player Malden Beta 1 download. Other versions there also. Please provide feedback on mechanic's that may be broken. The intro appears not to work. There is holster weapon option in scroll wheel menu.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al4irMhnXznagQEgL28mHmm2NZ9M

Great job. Trying it out. Other than starting on the small island in the SE of the map, I have had no problems so far.  I heard the gunship take off, so there is an airfield nearby.  A bit short on ammo, but I am going to try and find it. I don't know where Tyrone is with the intel I asked for, although Alex did receive a phone call but didn't take it because he was in combat.

• Like 1

Also, since the island is not that big, a smaller intel circle might be better, the current one coves almost the whole of the island.

.....I thought we were all warlords by now !

10 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

.....I thought we were all warlords by now !

Oh, warlordiness is quite strong in all of us I am sure. However, when I kill a Saddam and my character goes all "cool, I can narrow the location to somewhere within this circle...", but then I actually open the map and see that the circle covers about 90% of the island, I can't help but feel silly.

Just a minor nitpick. It is probably fine as it is though, there are only 35 churches on Malden, it doesn't take long to visit them all.

• Like 1

Can anyone check if Ryd's Big Trunk add-on doesn't need an update? Unless I am doing something very wrong, it doesn't seem it is upgrading the Apex vehicles. For example the new civilian MB 4WD, that is now more common than the old SUVs, seems to be way more limited in capacity.

Also, the boat we arrive in is worse than the vanilla ATVs. I can drop one single Navid into it and it's full. I never actually bothered with the boat's inventory until Malden, where I spawned not too far from the SE island. When I was done with its military bases, it took a few crossings to carry all my loot to the mainland.

I can add more churches, no problem. I added 9 into the native map. How many more?

There should be currently 37.

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

I can add more churches, no problem. I added 9 into the native map. How many more?

The current density is OK IMHO. Sometimes I think that a church on every island would be nice, since we rarely have any good reasons to use boats. But on the other hand if a small island church is the right one, you'll have the boat right there and will miss the whole return trip. But then...  :) We need a car to carry the body to the boat, and small islands may not have one.

True that.

I don't think this church is getting any love, it must be too close to other churches.

Arma3_x64_2017_06_26_16_05_25_755.jpg

Here are the 37 locations but the scripts think there is only 36 churches.  ummm.

RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces = 
	[
	[5547.65,11207,0], 
	[4993.73,9499.49,0],
	[5992.36,8623.58,0],
	[7068.91,8021.49,0],
	[7220.88,8042.53,0],
	[7332.38,7985.9,0],
	[7212.3,7895.56,0],
	[6766.68,8063,0],
	[7388.61,7945.67,0],
	[6370.79,8461.31,0],
	[7369.54,7487.83,0],
	[3512.54,8544.86,0],
	[3498.79,7093.96,0],
	[3066,6867.3,0],
	[3152.67,6356.4,0],
	[2543.2,5696.7,0],
	[3759.17,3374.38,0],
	[3775.11,3118.66,0],
	[4394.93,2766.73,0],
	[5879.6,3561.86,0],
	[6007.38,3670.02,0],
	[8191.14,3134.96,0],
	[6270.94,4748.35,0],
	[7123.06,6138.04,0],
	[5476.47,6934.34,0],
	[8192.4,5559.28,0],
	[7147.55,9022.81,0],
	[8523.45,3593.96,0],
	[11509.35,4386.61,0],
	[5613.37,4037.97,0],
	[3674.18,4880.55,0],
	[1638.14,1333.76,0],
	[1592.39,4683.95,0],
	[5518.74,2837.74,0],
	[981.51,11986.34,0],
	[4712.34,5554.96,0],
	[1229.39,600.94,0]
	];

9 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Here are the 37 locations but the scripts think there is only 36 churches.  ummm.

Heretics probably.

10 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

I don't think this church is getting any love, it must be too close to other churches

Yes. Treshold is 100 meters. If any two churches/chapels are closer than this to each other, only first on the list is counted. If you wish, you may change this here (JRInit.sqf):

{
		if (((_x select 0) distance _pos) < 100) exitWith {_tooClose = true};
		}
	foreach _assigned;

Just replace 100 with anything, you prefer. 

12 hours ago, neofit said:

We need a car to carry the body to the boat, and small islands may not have one.

There's also action on the body to load it directly into the boat, if the body is closer, than 200 to any boat. However, if the body is at the chapel on some small island, Mad Stomper will be there also (still, there are ways to deal with it even in such case). 

19 hours ago, neofit said:

Can anyone check if Ryd's Big Trunk add-on doesn't need an update?

It is quite possible, if APEX stuff uses different "parent classes" for new vehicles. Anyway BT code is open to check here

19 hours ago, neofit said:

Can anyone check if Ryd's Big Trunk add-on doesn't need an update? Unless I am doing something very wrong, it doesn't seem it is upgrading the Apex vehicles. For example the new civilian MB 4WD, that is now more common than the old SUVs, seems to be way more limited in capacity.

Also, the boat we arrive in is worse than the vanilla ATVs. I can drop one single Navid into it and it's full. I never actually bothered with the boat's inventory until Malden, where I spawned not too far from the SE island. When I was done with its military bases, it took a few crossings to carry all my loot to the mainland.

The boat was deliberately excluded from Bigger Trunks as it doesn't have much room in it, and it needs to float. On Tanoa I used to fill the boat with lighter stuff and I would carry heavy weapons and ammo. On arrival, I would have to dump my backpack until I could get a vehicle. It was always sad to leave a captured T100 behind.

o2a6O6z.png

5 hours ago, STONEY-DSP said:

@major-stiffy 

The Tanoa 1.95d2p Sp has Lingor as ADM text instead Tanoa dont know about the COOP version but worth checking it out

checkl spoiler for pic.

Yes most versions were built of Lingor which was a mistake on my part for various reasons. I will fix it and thanks.

• Like 1