Sign in to follow this  
LykosMactire

N-B U.S.M.C Project

In Force Recon and MARSOC (Battalion Recon has changed their SOP) There's two different type of operations: Blackside (Direct Action) and Greenside (Reconnaissance).

Blackside is combat oriented so the units should have their full PPE on (personal protective equipment) So kevlars, platecarriers etc. Greenside is mostly softgear meaning chest rigs (some with SAPI's inside, some without) rucks/assault packs and softcaps/softcovers.

Boonie covers are issued to every Marine. It's not just SOF specific. Just wanted to clarify some things and hopefully you'll take this into consideration as you continue to move this neat mod forward. I see a lot of addon creators (wont name them) getting a lot of this mixed up/flat out wrong. Message me if you need info or anything like that. Would be glad to help. :smileee:

This bloke here ought to be embraced by the mod developers. Nothing better than proper information from a service member!

i will consider this, but i may just go with MARSOC being Blackside/DA while Force Recon be Greenside/Recon for simplicity sakes because more people remember MARSOC with heavier gear and FR with lighter

Same here, sounds great :)

i will consider this, but i may just go with MARSOC being Blackside/DA while Force Recon be Greenside/Recon for simplicity sakes because more people remember MARSOC with heavier gear and FR with lighter

..or you could always make both Heavy and Light variants of each to represent both direct action and reconnaissance operations respectively. More variety is always better.

..or you could always make both Heavy and Light variants of each to represent both direct action and reconnaissance operations respectively. More variety is always better.

Thats in consideration; Right now I'm focused on getting this Pavehawk down and out of the way!

Figure if I'm doing the campaign I might as well join you guys for your game:

Name in game: TheEvanCat

Teamspeak username: TheEvanCat

Role you wish to play (USMC, UN, Or USAF): UN

Figure if I'm doing the campaign I might as well join you guys for your game:

Name in game: TheEvanCat

Teamspeak username: TheEvanCat

Role you wish to play (USMC, UN, Or USAF): UN

Alright! We'll PM you when that date for the Mission is about 1-2 days away so you can check your schedule; There isn't a full date yet as we are still looking for people

A update will be within the next 2 days, maybe even today if the update is good, it will have updates to FR and updates to USAF

Including this sexy beast;

2014_05_04_00001_by_atinakiri-d7h5li9.jpg

Looking nice!

So is the HH-60M an upgrade/replacement of the HH-60G for the USAF? In that case, it would be a more feasible idea in the Armaverse than the reality of it being an Army Medevac. I imagine the passenger compartment would be stripped of any seats too? Hard to judge by the pics angle.

Also an idea, have you considered making another variant of this with M2 machine guns like the ones from the series 'Combat Rescue'?

http://malaysiaflyingherald.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/8887774226_be38ba2871_h.jpg (754 kB)

Edited by Modder

Ever thought of giving the M4 an ACOG sight? :)

Corpsman don't have ACOG optics.. Anyhow, Does anyone know if MARSOC Or FR Does Scuba based missions? I have a rebreather with storage abilities for ammo and don't know who to give it to.

i do admit, it does seem even the corps is slowly fading out the 16A4s for 4A1s. as seen in this picture where only one unit visible has a 16 http://www.dodlive.mil/files/2014/01/1146393.jpg

so i want consensus of the community, M4s or M16s?

There are 2 M16's in view if you look at the stock of the second guy whose barrel is covered.

Just being pragmatic: issue M4s to CQBesque units (close range engagements or only engage on defense) - engies, medics, crews, teamleaders; and issue M16A4 to long range units - riflemans, spotters, etc...

cheers!

Or even better just make alternate M4 versions of everyone except riflemen etc, and then mix a few M4's into the groups.

As officially M16's should remain more common than M4's because the M16a4 is the official main rifle of the USMC.

if things wouldnt have been so problematic we would have a randomization giving them either a m4 or m16 randomly

i do admit, it does seem even the corps is slowly fading out the 16A4s for 4A1s. as seen in this picture where only one unit visible has a 16 http://www.dodlive.mil/files/2014/01/1146393.jpg

so i want consensus of the community, M4s or M16s?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130629185308/thelastofus/images/9/92/Tumblr_inline_mm163uHay91qz4rgp.gif (784 kB)

;2683453']Just being pragmatic: issue M4s to CQBesque units (close range engagements or only engage on defense) - engies' date=' medics, crews, teamleaders; and issue M16A4 to long range units - riflemans, spotters, etc...

cheers![/quote']

This. Specialized roles usually gets the M4 like as stated above engineers, medics, leaders, etc. The M16 is still the standard issue weapon for the marines, and according to this, every marine has to first use the rifle. So I reckon unless your role requires a more compact gun just enough for self defense, the M16 will be issued.

Corpsman don't have ACOG optics.. Anyhow, Does anyone know if MARSOC Or FR Does Scuba based missions? I have a rebreather with storage abilities for ammo and don't know who to give it to.

In BRC and ITC you have to go through Combat Diver phase. So yes to both.

And Atin, All my Corpsmen have been issued TA31's. I don't know where you got that information from. ACOG's are standard issue unless you're a 240 gunner or 27/249 gunner. If you're base defense like an MP or whatever you MIGHT see an EoTech XPS 3. I've only seen a couple guys have that on their rifles in Camp Dwyer. I have no idea what SOP's MP's have in place. Teamleaders, Squadleaders, Platoon Commanders etc are usually seen with M4's. My Company Commander had a 16 but that was his preference since he's a bigger guy. I haven't seen too many combat engineers with M4's. Mostly 16's.

I'm not trying to be a dick but I hate seeing incorrect information, especially when it's related to my Corps. ;)

In BRC and ITC you have to go through Combat Diver phase. So yes to both.

And Atin, All my Corpsmen have been issued TA31's. I don't know where you got that information from. ACOG's are standard issue unless you're a 240 gunner or 27/249 gunner. If you're base defense like an MP or whatever you MIGHT see an EoTech XPS 3. I've only seen a couple guys have that on their rifles in Camp Dwyer. I have no idea what SOP's MP's have in place. Teamleaders, Squadleaders, Platoon Commanders etc are usually seen with M4's. My Company Commander had a 16 but that was his preference since he's a bigger guy. I haven't seen too many combat engineers with M4's. Mostly 16's.

I'm not trying to be a dick but I hate seeing incorrect information, especially when it's related to my Corps. ;)

Your going to start being a reference. The internet lies to much. xD

Your going to start being a reference. The internet lies to much. xD

Good to go! Hahaha

I'll get in touch later when I start doing work again, (today / tomorrow); Good to have real Marine Green helping with reference.