Stayed awale with you just to test this xP

Got some texture errors, but dayum, running around in abotta and my cqb dreams are becoming true, can't wait to set foot on sangin - thank you!

Edit: F*ck, this is way too epic!

Edited by LAxemann

Stayed awale with you just to test this xP

Got some texture errors, but dayum, running around in abotta and my cqb dreams are becoming true, can't wait to set foot on sangin - thank you!

Edit: F*ck, this is way too epic!

Yeah I had a texture problem too, but solved it enabling the A3MP map pack.

Really awesome map :D Love it! ( I already loved in A2 :P )

I took a fast screen here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=306248368

Thank you very much for your work SmokeDog3PARA :)

Edited by MistyRonin

Just had a quick run around the map....wow, wow, wow, wow!

You can see all the effort you've obviously put into it....very nice. Sangin really feels like the wild west; hills, vegetation....it comes together really nicely. The terrain works so well with the different villages as it stops you from getting a clear line of sight as you approach adding to the obvious tension.

Arma 2 Sangin was great map, but you've taken advantage of the more organic feel to the Arma 3 terrain and made Sangin an incredible place!!!

Like the guys above, I needed to use my A3MP to play it (and I still had some texture errors) but once in it ran smoothly. A few texture errors popped up as I roamed, but nothing to crash the game.

I had good performance as well. Not sure if its your map or the Arma 3 engine but those wheat fields looked and 'felt' awesome!

Amazing stuff...thank you for your hard work and I can't wait to see the finished project!!!!

:)

cheers all i think i have 2 major texture problems to hunt down missing a1 weapon textures from my hescos, i will grab them and sort it this week sometime also you may get a missing jbad error from abbottabad as i forgot to add the plants pack in, and the last seems to be a soft shelter issue still seesi have the models but ive deleted them,

its come a long way and i have had to take a bit of detail out to get it ready ill add it back over time but really needs testing in the caves any errors please screenie and post them here, and a big thanks to mi1km8n mikero bushlurker for tools help and info

cheers all i think i have 2 major texture problems to hunt down missing a1 weapon textures from my hescos, i will grab them and sort it this week sometime also you may get a missing jbad error from abbottabad as i forgot to add the plants pack in, and the last seems to be a soft shelter issue still seesi have the models but ive deleted them,

its come a long way and i have had to take a bit of detail out to get it ready ill add it back over time but really needs testing in the caves any errors please screenie and post them here, and a big thanks to mi1km8n mikero bushlurker for tools help and info

And if you want to show some support please donate to paypal in the link below thanks, lets show donations do work to kill the money for addons debate

https://sites.google.com/site/smokedog3dstudios/

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

@mihikle forgot to add the readme in but cheers for all the help buddy

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

great overhaul of your project, thanks alot! my biggest concerne, as i allready said, was that you cant play with AI on this kind of map. just tested some areas with AI, -definitly big improvments which help AI with pathfinding. however, the OA walls are still a big problem for AI. in some areas you can not use the route u want to, because AI cant climb over the OA ones, even if low. i suggest that you make sure that there´s allways a small hole in the longer OA walls to ensure that you dont have to search a completly different route to proceed to your target. keep up the great work!

if you dont know what i mean, i cant send you some areas or a mission with repro of course!

weed fields is the same sadly, they are so close to each other (the plants) that AI cant find a way through.

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

Any rough idea on when you will release the stand alone version? The map looks amazing just waiting to use it on my dedicated because of the size of a3mp. Regardless, keep up the great work.

It would be really good if tall walls wouldn't flip over themselves when they're getting destroyed and land in a strange position (and everyone can then walk trough since there's no collision anymore):

4j44cCcl.jpg

I guess it's not your map's bug but the A2 assets ported to A.

LOL...had the same thing happen to me when my helicopters tail touched a wall as I was landing in a compound.

Have to say though, this is probably the nicest 'beta' map I've seen.

It's because the walls are ports from A2 mate, therefore don't have PhysX. A3MP has the same issue. However some of them do already have it, and smoke is working on getting them all higher than 'standard'!

Actually I don't even think the physx have anything to do with the walls falling in that weird direction. It's because bis added another destruction type = wall to the list. So a2 used tree a3 uses wall now. So being its a direct port from a2 then it'll randomize the falling like a tree. I'll talk to smoke about it now.

Is 5x5km big for a map? Like is it as big as takistan? Sorry I don't know really much on measuring sizes on arma 3 lol

Not sure if I've been away for Sangin too long or if it's my imagination, but this version of the map 'feels' bigger than the original. I put it down to there being more rolling terrain in this version, you can't see as much from one place and that makes it feel bigger.

Regardless, this isn't as big as Takistan.

Tristen 5km x5 km is not particularly big, but sangin is very detailed for its size.

Is 5x5km big for a map? Like is it as big as takistan? Sorry I don't know really much on measuring sizes on arma 3 lol

Not really "big" but the details make it appear larger than other maps.

Some maps consist of 200m with almost no objects and just flat/simple terrain and appear to be rather small when playing on them,

Sangin however has so many details and terrain bumps etc. that it feels kind of overwhelming at first :D

Back in old sangin there was a huge drug Taliban compound in the far west, is that still in this version?