Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

and vts weaponresting. Now you can finallyshoot of watchtowers like the boss ;). But yeah, all you listed, are must have mods for arma!

Until bCombat AI would suppress me :) They are tough playaz right now :) Didn't played in months due to the AI but now I just wait for another game session :)

@OS, you said that you did something to the 120 mm HE round effects. I honestly don´t see any difference to the effects of AP rounds.....

@OS, you said that you did something to the 120 mm HE round effects. I honestly don´t see any difference to the effects of AP rounds.....

yea its pretty minimal, i did add in the explosion and smoke effects from a 40mm, when i update next i will make better 120mm impacts, for the moment im currently making some particles in the cryengine sdk and its quite addicting. You can make some really amazing effects, if we had something like this it would be so much better.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Would be nice to see some of your cry engine work. Are you doing these effects for a special game or just for fun? You might end up doing effects for the upcoming project reality 2 which runs on the cry engine.

yea its pretty minimal, i did add in the explosion and smoke effects from a 40mm, when i update next i will make better 120mm impacts, for the moment im currently making some particles in the cryengine sdk and its quite addicting. You can make some really amazing effects, if we had something like this it would be so much better.

oooo show us :)

I love the effects. That is with the R2 release, haven't installed R3 yet.

Fireworks show starts 2 min 30 secs into the clip.

Just so beautiful.

Can I ask. Are you just fiddeling around with Cryengine for fun, or are you modding in Crysis ore something? Because the upcoming Project Reality 2 is also using Cryengine SDK and I think it would be amazing to see some of you're work in that game. And I believe the people making it are actually looking for people who want to help them out.

Anyone seen this yet? No Entry 'config.bin/CfgCloudlets.25mmSparks'.

I'm running the latest version available with PWS anyway (says 0.3).

Can I ask. Are you just fiddeling around with Cryengine for fun, or are you modding in Crysis ore something? Because the upcoming Project Reality 2 is also using Cryengine SDK and I think it would be amazing to see some of you're work in that game. And I believe the people making it are actually looking for people who want to help them out.

I can see it now: Opticalsnare - PR2 FX Developer. Damn that would be amazing.

yes, i´ve ssen this message too, a couple of times

Yes, it's missing in the config. One easy way to fix it is to copy paste from 30mmSparks (only OS could do that of course).

I can see it now: Opticalsnare - PR2 FX Developer. Damn that would be amazing.

+100. PR2 Devs are doing awesome job and have huge ambitions. Thats why they need every pair of hands. Especially talented hands :) It would be good idea for Optical to contact them with proposition. It is quite big project by modding community, respectable title too.

Well I hope that Cryengine isn´t so addictive that your next update will never see the light :p

A machinima/fan film style video with Blastcore A3 R3 and Blastcore Tracers A3 as the center piece:

Nice video dcal! First part was disturbing to see armed forces murder civilians like that but war is not fair or pretty...Really shows off the Blastcore's effects well.

A machinima/fan film style video with Blastcore A3 R3 and Blastcore Tracers A3 as the center piece:

how did you get them to shoot the civies??? (sorry for quick off topic question)

effects look good thanks to OS :)

how did you get them to shoot the civies??? (sorry for quick off topic question)

effects look good thanks to OS :)

Create a NATO soldier and set probability of presence to 0. Group the civis to the NATO soldier, opposing faction will see them as enemies. You can also group opposing factions together to make the allies.

OS Blastcore fx are what makes the vid. I chose a Blackfoot and Pawnee to showcase both the particle fx and Blastcore Tracers. Ok back on topic. Thanks again to OS for the excellent work on these essential Arma Mods

Did anyone else notice, that the latest dev-branch breaks Blastcore. The vehicle explosions do not play right any longer and there are no sparks at all. Reverted back to stable and Blastcore runs fine again. I really hope, that OS will not cancel the Support for Blastcore completely. Otherwise say goodbye to all those fancy effects. To be honest, i can´t imagine playing ARMA 3 without Blastcore any longer ;-)

Did anyone else notice, that the latest dev-branch breaks Blastcore. The vehicle explosions do not play right any longer and there are no sparks at all. Reverted back to stable and Blastcore runs fine again. I really hope, that OS will not cancel the Support for Blastcore completely. Otherwise say goodbye to all those fancy effects. To be honest, i can´t imagine playing ARMA 3 without Blastcore any longer ;-)

He said there'd be one more update. But why are you playing dev-branch? Dev-branch basically a WIP version of Arma 3, it breaks a lot of things.

But I'm sure that if one day a patch breaks Blastcore, and enough people ask nicely, OS wouldn't mind fixing up some things here and there.

He said there'd be one more update. But why are you playing dev-branch? Dev-branch basically a WIP version of Arma 3, it breaks a lot of things.

But I'm sure that if one day a patch breaks Blastcore, and enough people ask nicely, OS wouldn't mind fixing up some things here and there.

Let us all hope and pray ;-)

To be honest, i dont really "play" Arma. I just mod it and then test the mods. Dont ask me why. Dev-branch just serves my addiction in "playtesting" :-))

idk much about modeling programs but would u be able to use this with arma 3? would be fucking epic if this program works with it.

idk much about modeling programs but would u be able to use this with arma 3? would be fucking epic if this program works with it.

I'm afraid its not that simple. See in the end the RV engine still has to render anything you throw at it, not to mention that this would probably fry your PC with the poly count. I'm sure that if something like that would be achievable in Arma OS would've figured it out a long time ago. Besides, this is most likely a pre-rendered CG effect. Its bascially a movie.