I can see a lot of people flipping shits over that.

I just did.

Another thing, I've been thinking of moving my CH-67 skins to the UH-60 pack, since it's more of a Helicopter-centric mod anyway, or maybe a standalone away from the Wipeout mod.

• Like 1

I just did.

:D

I can see a lot of people flipping shits over that.

I figured some people would like it.

The OH-58s are of course from ADuke823 so it's his work, most of the texture work is done, though I have to do the legwork on getting it working and so on. There are a few geometries he can supply but once I figure out how to make a pip display (so you can see the MMS view) I can go from there, but that's after the UH-60s.

G'day Eric,

WOW! Everything looks great. It is coming together nicely. Really looking forward to the future releases.

With regard to my post earlier about the rescue ducted fan unit, I did not intend for it to come across as a possible idea for you to create. It was just a bit of trivia concerning around your comment about the little birds size. So I apologise if I misled in that regard.

Will the Kiowa have weapons as well or is it going to be just a scout?

Please keep up the good work.

No worries man. It'll have weapons of course, Hellfire, Rockets, as well as the .50 as well. Given ADuke's busy schedule it'll be some time but part of it is getting the base model to work, and be careful about poly count given the limit the game has.

Managed to get a basic white scheme for the civilian version:

wip1575.jpg

Other than some texture edits (keeping some of the base stuff) this is how it will look, and the HUD and obviously no Front targeting section. I may add some "civilian" rucks for the mix but overall just a simple model, and can carry 16 passengers.

And thinking about a Navajo name, or Cherokee given US Army naming conventions.

True, it rolls off the tongue better, so I'll go with that for now.

Some other work, the benefits of Kimi-uy's HUD work:

wip1576.jpg

And thouight on John1's suggestion about the TADS system:

wip1577.jpg

And what happens when you enter the bird since your head is slaved to the TADS system, but it operates normally (movement is the same, just looks weird):

wip1578.jpg

Thanks Sonsalt6!

Tweaked the White and added a Red Civilian version. I'll probably make a green one as well as a Blue and that'll be the "Civilian" set. Then it'll be some DAP versions.

wip1579.jpg

wip1580.jpg

And tweaked the Geometry That Doesn't Do Anything Other Than to Cover Up the Old Texture on the tail:

wip1581.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, so far doing some various texture edits and tweaks but for a basic skin I have to say that the White one turned out good.

G'day Eric,

Does the Helmet mounted HUD provide an aiming point for the M230? IIRC there was some discussion earlier about there not being a cross hair/targeting point for the gun.

The white definitely looks good. I can picture the red one with fire department/brigade logos on the sides.

Perhaps you would consider a less saturated/darker red. This one looks sort of plastic-ish in A3 lighting.

Just a suggestion...

http://avia-concept.ru/files/1379407965/images/900x500/1379429043.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Russian_Helicopters,_512,_Mil_Mi-171A2_(21453270951).jpg

http://rostec.ru/content/files/news/%D0%9C%D0%B8-8%D0%9C%D0%A2%D0%A8-%D0%92%D0%90_3.jpg

-last one is over-bright as yours since it is for arctic climate (high-vis red paint on black base)

G'day Eric,

Does the Helmet mounted HUD provide an aiming point for the M230? IIRC there was some discussion earlier about there not being a cross hair/targeting point for the gun.

The white definitely looks good. I can picture the red one with fire department/brigade logos on the sides.

Yes, the M197/M230 armed helos do have a crosshair so aiming is more accurate. I've been thinking of some stripes and such but we'll see.

Perhaps you would consider a less saturated/darker red. This one looks sort of plastic-ish in A3 lighting.

Just a suggestion...

http://avia-concept.ru/files/1379407965/images/900x500/1379429043.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Russian_Helicopters,_512,_Mil_Mi-171A2_(21453270951).jpg

http://rostec.ru/content/files/news/%D0%9C%D0%B8-8%D0%9C%D0%A2%D0%A8-%D0%92%D0%90_3.jpg

-last one is over-bright as yours since it is for arctic climate (high-vis red paint on black base)

Given I don't do those helos I'm not sure how it's been brought up or thought of as I don't do the Orca or Mi-17 textures. I have done only like the DCS Black Shark as far as downloadable textures and even then the templates are readily available, so you may want to inquire if RHS allows third party hiddenselections textures.Or are you suggesting schemes for the S-92?

Right to the door:

wip1582.jpg

Also for the new HUD the Gun cross also works for the FLIR so you can point and Free Look:

wip1583.jpg

And after making a simple operation difficult:

wip1584.jpg

Finally got the Pip screen working (needed to clean up the geometries and it worked as it should so all the FLIR ball helos will of course get it, and the screen is resized for a "one Geometry fits all" as well as echoed (pilots side is showing only for that build) for the pilot. Again help from Aduke823.

And a quick video showing basic FLIR Screen functionality, again "One Geometry fits all"

Thanks

Decided to steal some old BAF Merlin seats for the cargo seats. Given that most of the time all that's needed are some normal no frills seats, I still needed to add something better looking for the XX-92 helos:

wip1585.jpg

wip1586.jpg

And going "Glass" cockpit:

wip1587.jpg

• Like 1

I don't fly much in Arma, but damn man, these birds make me wanna fly. Keep it up man. ☺

Some more things:

A "vanity" tweak, added the Clan Sign on the bottom of the bellies of all the helos:

wip1588.jpg

And of course sling load capability. The DAPs will have a little more load capability (so you can maybe carry something heavier than a Quad Bike) but still have the restriction, given one will have that huge fuel thingamajig in the cargo area:

wip1589.jpg

Thanks, and thanks gobi42 as well. So far it's really looking good as the more it gets settled, the more I can move on to other versions, like the DAPs, so about early next week I can get this finalized and slowly work on the OH-58.

Also testing so far I can lift as far as default vehicles (even with the non SOAR versions) the Truck, or around an Offroad/Armed class vehicle. Given the Mass rating for various armored vehicles by default standards anyway, so mod vehicles will vary in lift ability. So no Hunters being able to be lifted by this machine, even when increased to 5500 kg. The standard Hawks (non-DAP) are adjusted to 4,100 kg as per WIkipedia.

Some more civilian work:

wip1590.jpg

wip1591.jpg

wip1592.jpg