Hi Eric J. I downloaded your Taliban faction mod yesterday for the first time and man I am very impressed. Thanks!

Question: I'm getting a pop-up error about missing a Taliban flag. Would that be anything to worry about or something that could be fixed?

Anyway, have a nice weekend and thanks so much for the faction. You did an amazing job.

What's going to happen is that you're going to get a constant BSOD... Seriously no it is an error but nothing that's going to affect your laptop and so on.

Honestly the uniforms and textures are ported directly from A2, with some tweaking so it'll work with the A3 structure, all that work was done by the BIS Art team for the Takistan civilian units.

But thanks and will fix that small error.

• Like 1

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmteS15VHpCU21uSms/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taliban Fighters RC17
- Fixed path error for the Taliban flag.

• Like 2

Some things planned (to get sometime next week):

- Upload new version of weapons pack (more than likely tomorrow)

Watched Avatar (The Director's Cut) and decided to revise the XX-92 ducted fan sounds, since the movie ducted fans somewhat sounded like a helo anyway, so I downloaded a royalty-free sound and hopefully that will sound better. The original sound isn't looped as I would like so maybe changing it out will make things better, maybe.

Everything else will come as it comes, just been taking a few days off dealing with other things.

Thanks Kari!

Managed to mess with the vertices to fix the MARINES and UNITED STATES ARMY on the tails, a bit better than the initial release:

wip1798.jpg

wip1799.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly no, due to the rather fluid nature of both Taliban and Afghan consciousness as a whole. They tend to vary and I'm not going to begin to think on how a Taliban or Afghan "squad" sets itself up.

Mr J, I have been flying the "ADuke823's UH-1Y Venom" around Altis all weekend. I love this bird.

The physics are perfect and the M2 hanging off the side is not only true to the real thing but incredibly lethal to tango's behind cover.

Plus the sounds are awesome!

All that said, may I humbly suggest/request adding ACE fast roping compatibility?

This is the best Venom in the game right now as far as I'm concerned and addition of fast roping capability would be legendary.

Thanks ahead for any response and any effort to this end.

Also, thank you for your prolific creation of addons for the community on the whole. 

Okay, I thought (but apparently not) that the ACE3 Fastroping was already working... which shows I don't know shit about how to implement most ACE3 stuff. Odd but there it is. So I'll see what I can do on that issue as given the bars are there it should work.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtMm40aGU1UUtMeUk/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Weapons Pack RC85
- Fixed ACOG transparency values, now can work in varying light.
- Added suppressor capability to the M249.
- Respective weapons support the new APEX suppressors and silencers.
- Added a fictional "New" ACOG, the TA64, which is a 4x sight and otherwise has the same settings as the ACOG 3.5x35/Ibex sight combos. It is available in black and tan, and in 2D versions as well.
- Renamed various ACOGs, from Tan to (Sand), etc.

Future ideas for units in the Weapons Pack:

- For those who know, I have played The Division quite a bit (and it's a fun game for a 3rd person shooter) and those who have, is all too familiar with the Last Man Battalion. Frankly that is a concept that I will likely explore and will probably do, given that not all the good guys stay "good" (please no political discussions, we all know where that's going to go), but the Raven PMC is a good flexible option (Good, Bad, Indifferent, etc) as a "western" themed unit, but the Black River PMC will entail a completely hostile (for whatever reasons, just a good unit setup) OPFOR sided organization for the weapons pack. Whatever theory is up to mission makers as it's pretty much going to be set in stone that they'll be on the OPFOR side (stranded in some location, took matters into their own hands, and instead became the oppressors, or just a bunch of shitheads, whatever) and will be mainly vehicle and infantry based with some helo support (Orcas and the like) but have M4s and all other styled gear, etc.

- Tan P99, forgot that in this version as well as maybe a few other camo variations, we'll see.

UH-60s

- Again given I can me more flexible with skins with the AH-96 more than likely a standard Black scheme and a Black River PMC scheme will be done.

- Plans to put more detail into the Cargo Containers is ahead and I'll be able to make that a standalone mod again if there's interest for those who like the containers but don't need the helos, etc.

- More TLC on the AH-96 as well as more improvements as well as a PMC specific version (no ATGMs, I know Executive Outcomes had Hinds but we'll see on that issue but more than likely the hardpoints will of course stay).

• Like 1

For any of you ALiVE users, Eric J's Afghan civilian faction spawns great using faction name AFGCIV. I've read a lot on the forums people asking if there's a decent Afghan civilian group out there, especially from ALiVE users and CUP users, and I'm happy to say not only is it configured perfectly from my initial testing, but the faction is amazing and varied too.

Thanks for everything Eric J.

Thanks Kari!

Thanks man, usually I try and support most mods as much as possible, given that I don't always use them myself. Good to hear though....

• Like 1

Thanks Foxhound!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtZld3NVRzUEZ5dEU/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ HeloSkins RC5
- Added a Desert Digital scheme, pattern courtesy of SkateZilla

• Like 1

Moving on, for now I am not worried about using a custom sound for the XX-92s and favored the default Ghost Hawk sounds instead given that for now it's good enough to use. I am trying to contact LordJarhead and replacing the sound for the H-60s (all versions) with the JSRS Ghost Hawk sound given that its time to also take a look at the sounds as well.

Some basic Container enhancement work:

wip1800.jpg

wip1801.jpg

I wanted to give props on the Taliban.

Providing an unarmed variant is outstanding as I can slap together a faction without chaining myself and my gaming group to RHS or CUP or whatever as a dependency.  NI Arms AK pack work great with them.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

No problem and that frankly that was the intent, as I know people don't like my guns and frankly doesn't bother me too much. But I figured that the best way for a standalone was just to make them unarmed and let people have fun with specific loadouts, and honestly never wanted to do another weapons pack.

• Like 1

EricJ, just to make sure I was following along correctly, did you mean that your current MH and UH-60's are going to be reverted back to the stock Arma 3 Ghost hawk sounds?

Sorry if I sound dumb lol......

~S

No, only the XX-92s per watching the Director's Cut of Avatar forced me to look into revising the sounds. They will currently have the stock Ghost Hawk sounds while I'm trying to ask LordJarhead about using the JSRS version on the XX-60s