It may be Addon Builder as it's showing up, and not showing up, phase of the mood dependent so... what to do? Not sure but I'll bring it up as this was pre-1.48 so more than likely it's a baking issue with Addon Builder.

Didn't mean to say you should start working on the Sea/Knight Hawks. Completely understand your other duties right now.

Out of curiosity gatordev, dumb question of the day. With the doors removed is there a louder effect with the rotor? or is it is still fairly muffled? I can get the co-pilot, and the FFV spots to make it sound "normal" but not sure if the fuselage still provides any sound diffusion...?

Meh. I guess it's a little louder, and you may hear the rotors pop a little more when you're putting a large load on them (like in a turn), but honestly the wind noise is going to be what's making the most noise. And it isn't so much noise against the airframe, because that's still very loud when going fast, even with the doors closed, but it's more the wind buffeting if it comes inside the cabin with the doors off. Not sure if I'm explaining it clearly but hopefully that makes sense.

No worries about the Seahawk, was re-watching some Transformers movies last night so some stuff needs moving, down the road, texture changes, etc. So it's a possibility, just not anything very soon anyway.

But it does make sense, as I can configure the co-pilot, and gunner, and the FFV spots so there isn't any sound attenuation when in those spots. I need to figure out how to disable the pilot's spot and checking to see if it's a realism thing, as the doorgunners get the benefit of attenuation (game logic and the inability to stand up,etc.) given on the MH- birds I keep the doors off.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

And next configuration of the DAP, 8 x Hellfires and 24 x DAGR, and mnis.

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1062.jpg

After this the next one will be a 16 x Hellfire configuration, and that'll pretty much be it as far as those weapon systems are concerned. Now that I have some "Breathing room" I'm going to move on in swapping out the 240s for the minis on the UH- versions. As far as the Raven PMC version... I may stick with the minis as given they could buy them and throw them on, etc.

As for the Apache in the background off to the left, no it's not a future project, as that's 87th_Neptunes.

And the 16-Hellfire version:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1063.jpg

Again nothing fancy and that will wrap up the Hellfire versions. Been trying to "kill" the sky-blue effect that shows up in the lenses of the Hellfires, but may be a lost cause... so if I can fix it I will, but until then it'll be a Knonw Issue.

Not planned, maybe in the future, but not a priority.

Okay finally got the M240s to work on the UH-60M. They fire and kill virtual people but so far no anims (belt, bolt, etc.) but at least have some functionality:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1064.jpg

Okay finally got the M240s to work on the UH-60M. They fire and kill virtual people but so far no anims (belt, bolt, etc.) but at least have some functionality:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip1064.jpg

Very nice. (Totally not to do with UH-60's) But a UH-1H with M60's for the door gunners would be neat to see as maybe a future project?? :bb:

I've thought about it, along with the Cobra but so far I've got a few other things going on right now, so it may be done, it may not be.

I get an error message when I enable the helos

Edited by Agent916

Eric,

If you were to do a port of the Cobra, would you consider re-skinning one in black? Also, would you consider other weapon combinations for the DAP, say 2xM230 and 2x Rocket Pods or 2x Rocket Pods, 1xM230 and 1x Hellfire Rack, etc.?

I'm not intending on going crazy with the weapon configurations, the configurations that I do have should be more than enough to handle most Arma 3 threats, short of total war. A black Cobra is doable, but in the near future, not the immediate future.

Agent916, what kind of error?

That's cool Eric. Whatever you decide to do, whenever you decide to do it, I'll be happy to see it and use it. Keep up the great work.

I'm juggling a few things at the moment so... one thing at a time.

Error dialog pops up and CTD when I click ok: bin\config.bin/CfgVehichles/MH60DAP/Turrets/CopilotTurret/: Cannot find base class 'CopilotTurret'

What mods are you running? I ran it (again) with just my gun mod and the current mod version that's online and not a single CTD. If you're getting a CoPilotTurret error then the old version (new one will remove this dependency) as I have the HelicopterDLC as a requirement (even then it would tell you). But given the overall game structure even Addon Builder won't allow me to pack the mod if CoPilotTurret (which is the co-pilot slot for the helos). Maybe you're not running 1.48? I"m not sure if that makes a difference but overall looking through various files over the past few weeks CoPilotTurret seems legit, unless I missed something?

So you may need to update to 1.48 or something as that shouldn't cause an immediate CTD.

Anyway been working on a DCS project so that has sorta kinda taken up some time. Right now I'm redoing the HUDs for the DAP version (Not sure if the MH-60M has a HUD so no real priority in giving it one) and for the most part it works and trying to get the HUD radar boxes to not move around, i.e. stay stationary on the targets when displayed on the HUD. Other than that I'll get a new version out Saturday or so, as while work on the FLIR ball is a priority, it'll get working when it decides to work...

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Okay now that I've discussed them over PM:

UH-60:

- Going to do a reskin for a basic KnightHawk (retextured Army model).

- MH-60R seems a good idea, though I'm sure more milsim units would prefer the bubba configuration (ASUW) with up to five dudes/dudettes in the back. I really don't see any need for the ASW version given the game structure but may be done, not a priority.

Weapons pack (U100)

- AI tweaking of Initiative soldiers, GeneralKong is saying a couple actually fight so some basic perception tweaks ought to get things better.

- Maybe an additional weapon, but as mentioned before the DCS project is more of a focus than A3.

Okay given that the only update for RC60 will be AI tweaking it'll also be updated on Saturday, might as well get it out anyway.

So its been a bit, just want to bring up a little thing called Barrett M468. Was wondering if any progress was made with the textures?

Negative Knowledge right now man, when I get a status I'll post it.

EricJ weapons pack

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtY2J1MWkxVXE1ZmM/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC60

- Initiative AI tweak

UH-60 Pack

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtOHlBNnBBODFMdkE/view?usp=sharing

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC2

- Added a version with 4 x Hellfires, 24 x DAGR, and 1 x M230

- Added a version with 8 x Hellfire, 24 x DAGR

- Added a version with 16 x Hellfires

- Names have been changed (not classnames) to reflect the pylon capacity, the first version having 2 pylons, so will be referred as "MH-60M DAP 2-Pylon", to include the weapon fit.

- Improved HUD capabilities for the DAP versions. Given lack of knowledge for the basic MH-60M, I chose to remove the HUD.

- FLIR sight has mode and working rangefinder. Still working on implementing the turret to move around. If it still becomes an issue it will remain locked forward until I get it moving.

Also the Extras folders are missing for these updates (nothing has changed other than the changelog entries) given I was already at Starbucks and didn't feel like worrying about it (next version in the future will have it again).

Edited by EricJ

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!