G'day @EricJ,

Thanks for the reply about the MagWells. It would be good if you did do the upgrade, but I understand there would probably be a lot of work involved.

Would you need to alter your model configs to acieve MagWell compatibility or is it only done through the main mod config? I'm not a modeller, so I don't know.

Keep up the good work.

Just now, wansec_6 said:

G'day @EricJ,

Thanks for the reply about the MagWells. It would be good if you did do the upgrade, but I understand there would probably be a lot of work involved.

Would you need to alter your model configs to acieve MagWell compatibility or is it only done through the main mod config? I'm not a modeller, so I don't know.

Keep up the good work.

You only need a model.cfg for disappearing bullets. But I would need the actual .p3d of the magazine so I could align them to the wells. Back in the day with JAM and all that it was pretty easy because all you needed was the config entries and add them to the weapon, nothing fancy. But yeah, you would need a lot of models to integrate them with the weapon.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Sounds like a lot of work.

Yeah and you would have to have some mods as dependencies, and I try not require players to get mods they may not want to use. So it's workable for now, the way it is.

Saw a recent picture of a MH-60 with the Night Stalkers, and saw that they had some bars for the fast rope. So I added them to the MH-60L and MH-60M. I adjusted the ACE fastroping points accordingly. That's pretty much that what I'll do. I have some pictures of the current configuration and debating updating the M and DAPs, but may not as they're good enough for government work, and nobody seems to be worried about it ether.  I'm sure they're removed for missions but overall having the points already there, gives it some kind of air of authenticity.

Working on the Multicam Flight Suit, as I was never happy with it:

wip1965.jpg

A more or less final look for the Multicam Flight Suit. I didn't want the starched version, so this is about as good as it'll get.

wip1966.jpg

UH60 Pack A3

RC64
- Tweaked Hit-Point LODs of the MH/UH-60s and MH/UH-92s
- Moved the fast-rope points on the MH-60L and MH-60M to more outside, and adding geometries to the models
- Improved the skill of the SOAR Pilot and SOAR Crewmember units
- TADS/PNVS of the MH/UH-92s face forward now, so it's not that annoying when in the Co-Pilot seat
- Added some lines to the UH-60/92 base configs to help with AI entering the cargo seats
- Added the Stomper UGV to the Black River PMC Infantry Squad for resupply reasons
- Added a US Army pilot, which looks similar to the TF160 pilots, but has a lower DetectSkill rating than SOAR pilots
- Improved Multicam Flight Suit texture
- Fixed a UH-92 bug with loading of AI squads

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11YUEpttPB6SniE55nF746vOLyTE7uvuG/view?usp=sharing

Update on the UH-60 doors. It seems that 2.16 borked the doors to what they do, open halfway. It could very well be an animation issue, and I tried to solve the issue, with little result. So it's a known issue for now, and hopefully BIS would fix it.

Noticed that the ION scheme for the Hummingbird is gone from the A3 files, so I finally found a good template by IndeedPete and viola:

wip1967.jpg

It'll go in the next update for the EricJ Weapons Pack for the Initiative units. I've also been pondering in expanding the TF160 birds, by making a reskinned MH-9 and AH-9 stuff. It'll never replace the Sykocrazy MELB addon, but I'll at least have a decent texture for it at least.

https://apnews.com/article/army-special-forces-troops-cuts-ukraine-lessons-ac7c41d5d9f299fadc96f2c2520c2abf?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR3sZaUPjS6asM7YAkxGh8hV45oy6rB4SWMliFGMMRnBkctVZJK0YcCvBCs_aem_Aa0ytdTyhlIFFGXf7ihkP-xA2nYikoiAcBGT0YCGvTengfnELz69YvkUnysWKZyAg8AnTzF5U3Mq98PAXMPu-1mU#:~:text=(AP) — Forced to do,over the next five years

Going to keep an eye on this for the MH-60M and the MH-92F Insertion birds. If it comes to it I think I can add thrree more proxies for a fifteen-man team in the passenger area. But as said if it comes down to it I'll see what I can do within the Armaverse too.

EricJ UH-60 A3

RC65
- Used the US Army Helipilot as the default crew for the US Army helicopters
- Cleaned up the AH-96 Hit-Points LOD
- Added a basic AH-6 and MH-6 (retextured AH/MH-9s) to expand the TF 160 lineup. I wish I had sykocrazy's models, but they'll do for now until something else comes along
- Adjusted the default loadout for the AH-96 for a mission that I'm planning on releasing
- Added a BLUFOR unit, TF562. It's the opposite of the Black Raven PMC and is not designed to be a comprehensive unit, since I only have one weapon in the pack. To save my sanity and file size, it uses vanilla weapons and gear. It can be found in BLUFOR/Task Force 562. I mainly created it as a real world look at the Armaverse, as well as for the Pilot missions that I've been modifying and uploading to the Workshop.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11mYD8Ev0VrZpz1KPQ62NP8XVTYPZHznK/view?usp=sharing

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC66
- Renamed the mod "EricJ Helicopter Pack" to better reflect the various helicopters I'm doing, since I'm adding other helicopters to the pack, and not just strictly UH-60s

Did a little experiment with the MH-6J texture, and it's amazing what a 50% opacity black layer can do. It's looking better than before, as the A2 texture was just... not right.

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1969.jpg

Overall the MH-6J is done, I'm having an issue with the Co-Pilot seat, so right now it's just a cargo seat, so you can have four shooters on the benches and one guy in the cockpit with the pilot.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC67
- Added a basic MH-6J. I may work on a MELB version, but overall while it's not sykocrazy quality, it does offer FFV shooting on the benches, and ACE3 fastroping, and uses some stats from the Hummingbird.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11mZCfl1YFWIzxQzkqG7a5QEyfkOmpVEc/view?usp=sharing

Right next up to bring into the Helicopter Pack is the AH-6J, which means it'll have no selection of weaponry. I think the MELB upgrade brought on the ability to change ordnance. So the AH-6J will have rockets and miniguns, mostly DARs and such since they're already a default weapon, and I can use the UH-1Y config setup to do it. I'm not looking to make a MELB replacement, but I'm sure the era warriors would like a basic AH-6 to mess with, rather than the configurable MELB, which is a nice build, but I like how the textures turned out on the MH-6J, and needless to say the same will be used for the AH-6. I don't have much knowledge about pylon weapons, but then again I will be removing the AH-6 listed in the Helicopter selection portion of the Eden Editor and Zeus. Overall I think it'll be good and so on to have a no-frills light attack helicopter in the pack. Again it's not to replace a well done mod, but maybe add some more variety for those who like to play early equipment, and so on.

Got it working, at least it flies, and shoots rockets (I don't know why it gave me trouble...) but the dual miniguns is making me scratch my head. I looked at the Hellcat config, and found some entries, and it seemed to do something, like make my miniguns not fire where they're supposed to be, which is forward. Otherwise it's functional, and having issue with the co-pilot though, seems to appear in the middle rear of the airframe. I knew a way back then to fix it, but I totally forgot. Anyway here's a pic:

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1970.jpg

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC68
- Increased fuel capacity of the UH/MH-60/92s and S-94s
- Increased the armor of the MH/UH-60s
- Added damage resistance from the UH-80 config to the MH/UH-60/92s
- Added a basic AH-6J, and has no pylon settings due to the old nature of the model (I think that the MELB had the ability to have different weaponry). Unfortunately due to co-pilot issues no Co-pilot will be available for the AH-6J for the foreseeable future. But if you select "ride in back" (on the right side) you can sit in the Co-pilot slot, but no functionality as of yet.
- Improved fuel economy of the H-92s

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11npCF83pBbCmDepRljLRyuxn6nM6Wica/view?usp=sharing

Just a quick update: I managed to make an aiming circle for the AH-6J, like the Hummingbird, where there is a permanent marker for the people that don't use the weapon crosshair (and why should you?), that'll be in the next update, which unless I come up with anything else, maybe tomorrow I'll upload it so that could complete the features. Right now the issue with the porting of the AH/MH-6J was for the Co Pilot, of which both birds don't have right now. I keep on running into the problem of the Copilot ending up in the middle of the helicopter (even used the appropriate proxy), so for now it's just an additional cargo seat, which works fine but scratching my head at the issue right now. Overall it should be okay because of gaming groups' manning and stuff, so maybe not a priority, but will work on it sometime to see if I can't get it fixed and running right. I also tried to fit 15 people in the Blackhawk/Cherokee airframe, and not so much lucky. If you don't mind clipping issues it can be done, but maybe 14 realistically, I only have so much space to work with, and those who want the fifteen man insertions may need the V-280 Valor mod for that, I don't know, but again I guess manning for milsim is okay where it can still be relevant and so on.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC69
- Added an aimpoint for the AH-6J in the cockpit, to help with aiming when no cursor is available
- Increased the fuel slightly for the AH-96
- Removed the Black River PMC UH-60
- Added a UH-92 for the Black River PMC, uses the same stats as the Raven Warfare Group version
- RWG and Black River PMC versions of the UH-92 have increased load lifting capabilities, now can lift 6000kg
- KNOWN ISSUE: For some reason the RWG and Black River PMC UH-92s can't lift the Stomper UGV
- Removed the Stomper UGV from the Black River PMC due to the inability to airlift the vehicle for the Black River units

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11oLakNPwg0qHUw6oxMq7FdOkj6-jvI29/view?usp=sharing

Did some testing and found out that the UH-92s (with the exception of the MH-92 Insertion) can't lift the Stomper UGV. I don't know what the issue is as most helicopters can lift it fine, but for some reason the UH-92s can't. The UH-60s can't due to weight, but overall that's an issue to be aware of if you use the birds. Right now I don't know how to fix it (maybe delve into a config or two), and see if I can fix it, or not.

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC70
- UH-92 Cherokee for the Black River PMC named properly
- Added a Task Force 562 UAV Operator to the listing
- Changed the headset for the Civilian helicopter pilot, to a regular headset
- Added a Task Force 562 A-Team (can be found under Compositions/BLUFOR/Task Force 562/Special Forces A-Team
- Co-pilot now works with the MH-6J
- Co-Pilot now works with the AH-6J

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11qF6iAjJuTGVzWTLeW9W_Ja-W9VtiMEW/view?usp=sharing

Right now I want to shift to Strike Fighters 2 and do some work on a project I'm helping with. That doesn't mean I'm forgetting about Arma 3, but need to shift gears. If more stuff comes up with the mods, I'll upload them and update them accordingly. Right now the future @aduke823 (barring real-life issues) is modeling the SA-2 Samson from Avatar (yes, that movie) for me. He's mapping and texturing the cockpit  (because I don't do cockpit areas) and producing a model for me. Then I bring it into the game. It'll be the basic unarmed (no side guns, though I may put M134s because I have the assets, of course) version. The forward pylons can mount stuff, as in the real one from the movie. I don't know how it will work out given the clearance issues and the like, but I'm thinking of doing that for some armament for the pilot/co-pilot to use. After that, I'm going to branch out into cars and see if Aduke823 can model an MRZR (I just don't need an RHS version, though well done of course) as well, and I can bring it into the game because I want to have one. I think the Samson and MRZR would end up in Arma 4 as I'm not sure what will happen with the game when it comes out how I'll respond to A3, as I might move on or stay with it, not sure. But that's where I'm at right now with modding and plans for the future. Oh yeah I made some config tweaks to some of the other helicopters, particularly the AH-1Z and the UH-1Y, but they're not significant to upload just yet.

• Like 1