Right now I'm probably going to get around to the L129 the 16AA can't get working...

Hey now, we do have a working L129!

Yeah sorry mate, misquoted...

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

It's would be awesome if you will do Surefire RTS w/acog etc with some animations like this

http://i.imgur.com/yeaKDvy.png

Also, keep you work up mate!

Modelling it is not hard of course (was actually trying to get that kind of ACOG working) but anim-wise it has to be a hardcode to the game, not so much just "making an animation" and it'll work because you have to tell the game via memory points and also to transition from "normal" to the different optic view, such as in CoD MW3 or MOHW.

Before going to bed last night I managed to figure out how the intakes were mapped, and consequently updated the BA version:

wip483.jpg

wip482.jpg

Unfortunately do to the mapping and 3D model you won't see the turbine blades (I have 1.33GB of reference pictures...) so the black is what it is and a way to compensate for the current model as is. But again as the model improves and John_Spartan gives me more to work with, etc. I'll update as necessary. I also missed an obvious spot on the E canopy frame, which is a facepalm but fixable one given I'm spending time on figuring out the mapping for various parts.

Edited by EricJ

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wh68j3dnkri8xx/%40BlueAngelsRC2.7z?dl=0

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Blue Angels Super Hornet RC2

- Fixed canopy frame, texture now done correctly.

- Detailed within model limits intake textures

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Okay so the canopy fixing scheme was a no-go, removed all yellow from the E for now, I don't want to push a jacked up mod (imagine that) and say it's done. I guess right now it's in a good spot to be tolerable while needing to be looked at more closely. Again some parts and trying to fix it I noticed some mapping issues that requires "room to breathe", etc so I can focus on tweaks, etc. So I'm happy now with it and when I tweak the texture to better fit things I'll of course update you.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2w7a9q300et9oq/%40U100RC42.7z?dl=0

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Weapons Pack

RC42

- Fixed Optional TMR Bipod PBO with correct paths for the 3D models.

- Fixed M249 sound entries

- Added additional sound work from taumargin for the M249.

- Updated 3D barrel of HK416 10.5-inch

- Fixed missing AT4 magazine inventory image

- Added M3LR/Reflex Scope

I read you cas doc, i found it funny and intructive at the same time. I LOLled with the bootcamp type of writing, like "you are s#!t!!!". (Btw u missed line9 in the 9line)

Thanks and yeah... some reason my brain didn't catch that part... I never really like to micromanage pilots so it was a mess up on my part. Yeah unfortunately a lot of people on servers... well I made my comments pretty well clear anyway, but thanks I'll add Line 9...

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/Pilot-JFO-JTACGuideRC2.zip

- Added Line 9 (thanks for the catch geraldboso1899...)

- Added Radio recommendations to it as well.

Wow... thanks Miller... :)

Did some soul-searching and decided to try a retexture of the Wipeout:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip484.jpg

wip485.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip486.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip487.jpg

wip488.jpg

wip489.jpg

Right now it's still WIP but down the road I'll re-add the details that I've covered up so far (and it's a fairly easy skin) so weathering and other details will come down the road but I like the standard USAF scheme for the bird (it works well in real life) and just looks better than the dark texture that BIS did. Again I do like the BIS texture somewhat, it works with the aircraft, but a little realism kicks in as well.

Thanks I can probably get to it... sometime, no promises when though okay? But let me kill some projects so I can work with it.... sometime.

Yep, current plans is to keep supporting the work I did for various clans and also new work. However I am shifting to vehicle work, and the Super Hornet (I got it fairly figured out so I'm good to go on that).

More Wipeout work. Frakkin BIS mapped the pylons with what I believe was the weapons texture so I'm SOL (Shit Outta Luck) unless they get nice enough to give me the selection so I can fix their cheap work. Only reason I mention that is it drove me nuts trying to fix it and after a thought found out it wasn't the base aircraft texture but... current plans is to do one of the MDARNG (like the tail art as well my state) as well as whatever suits my fancy as well a version for my Tactical School so yeah... I'm a bit more relaxed on the requests for the Wipeout than the Super Hornet because it's John_Spartan's work and I'm waiting to see if he'll release any more support to the public before I move on that (I will say Canadians... texture for the Super Hornet will be quite interesting given the mapping...) and do any more work related to the public.

Anyway some basic weathering applied to the jet:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip490.jpg

Im lost, a retex of the wipeout?

Yep, so it looks closer to IRL A-10s.... a little OT, but related to A3 guns... gosh, it is just me (and perhaps the stuttering and lags of the last unoptimized update) or the "weapon inertia" is working almost like A2 mouse crappy acceleration and make it un-aimable all over again? I manage to put my sights over my target and BUMP!, the weapon just bumps sideways and I miss it... so I guess it is either use 130legacy version or keep battling my mouse to score some mediocre shots =P

Im lost, a retex of the wipeout?

Correct, using real world colors. Trying to get it more weathered but overall I like it a lot, though I need to find some ACC not TAC symbols for the fuselage..

;2794875']Yep' date=' so it looks closer to IRL A-10s.... a little OT, but related to A3 guns... gosh, it is just me (and perhaps the stuttering and lags of the last unoptimized update) or the "weapon inertia" is working almost like A2 mouse crappy acceleration and make it un-aimable all over again? I manage to put my sights over my target and BUMP!, the weapon just bumps sideways and I miss

it... so I guess it is either use 130legacy version or keep battling my mouse to score some mediocre shots =P[/quote']

I tried to compensate for that because obviously BIS aren't people who have fired guns in real life, or if they did, were weak and let the gun control them. Granted there is some with the heavier weapons but I'll go through my reaction course and see how it works and remove that shit.

Dat wipeout skin...

Ran through my course Corporal_Lib[bR] and with the recoilSway values set to 0.0 it was the same before 1.32 so there should be no change. It should be noted that for one weapon pack I was working on I had the default setting for the MX on and still was fairly controllable so could be patch differences...

No EricJ, weapon inertia isn´t about recoil, but weapon handling - the sights misalign and realign slower if you move too quick, it was brillantly done on Infiltration Mod (the one Dyslecsic praised a lot back on 2006) but it is poorly done by BIS, it just brought back that AWFUL mouse accelaration from A2... right now, I move the mouse and it doesn´t stops where I meant to, it just wobbles and I have to slowly adjust, by that time the sharpshooter AI has plenty of time to waste my as$ off =P

I know the laws of physics thank you.

However, the point is that BIS is introducing some weird reason to add weapon inertia, which in the case of say, the M16/M4, there is none, it's based solely on the ability of the wielder's ability to move the weapon and sight it properly. I never experienced any so called "inertia" when handling those weapons for real (like if you go from the lowered positon to low or high ready, never had an issue with the barrel or weapon "bouncing" around as BIS adds. It's purely poor handling by a user that this effect transpires, not somebody who trains in the movement to reliably go from chillin to killin and the only time the weapon banged around was when I was wrestling some unfortunate kid to the ground in Iraq, other than that no time would my weapon "move" as in the game does). So my point is that there is no sense in keeping those values active by assigning values and by assigning it "0.0" the effect is canceled out. There is practically no change with my weapons from the previous patch to this one. And I remember posting about that (catching a bit from the dev feedback on that topic) months ago about removing that effect from my weapons, opening up the MX config, and figuring on how to cancel those values, that's all I did. So there should be no change in how my weapons handle with the new patch.

And nowhere did I mention recoil. I mentioned that there was no change.

Moving on in life pretty much final work of the Wipeout:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip498.jpg

wip497.jpg

wip496.jpg

wip495.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Updated releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Man you're a machine Foxhound, thanks!

You´ve said "recoilSway" so got me confused =) (thought you were referring to ArmA sway and recoil changes from the last patches since july...) and didn´t mean to any disrespect 8)

Great to know your weapons effectively cancelled that, I´ve reverted to legacy1.30 before testing them (I´ve noticed Toadies weapons had the weapon inertia, maybe they´re inherited it from vanilla configs...), if BIS doesn´t fix this, I´ll keep using only your beloved SCARs over and over again =)

And great work with the Wipeout, your reskin and geraldobolsos HUD fixes make it enjoyable flying!

cheers!