Sign in to follow this  
defk0n_NL

What happend to interactive vehicle doors?

I would like to ask what happened to the dynamic vehicle doors inside ghosthawk, ifrit, etc.

Are they ever coming back? Does anyone have beta patch 04-07-2013 rev. 107360. I have never seen the ifrit like this.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8416/s58c.jpg (223 kB)

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2143/ouba.jpg (225 kB)

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5240/uo45.jpg (224 kB)

Also does anyone know the class model of the salvage hemitt found in the campaign mode?

This is not a complain thread so please refrain from posting bullshit comments

BI said they would possibly come back at some point. The problem was without the doors, the inside was still solid.

BI said they would possibly come back at some point. The problem was without the doors, the inside was still solid.

What does that mean? The inside was non shootable?

For one, you couldn't throw grenades into it. You could definitely shoot them out though.

Grenades bounced off an invisible barrier if you tried to toss them in. There was also issues with water if you parked them in the sea from what I remember.

This was something I loved from the Beta and was sorely disappointed when they removed it. Personally I hope it does come back even if the "solid" state irregularity still exists. I especially would love to see the back doors on the APC's become openable.

I really hope this returns aswell. Seeing the doors open and close on entry would make for much greater immersion

I heard that the doors created a glitch which caused an alternate reality and then caused the game to implode, but apparently that was uncommen. But I hope to see the doors come back as well!

You can add the actions back and just live with the glitches, script here for GhostHawk? The same thing can be done for all helicopters and possibly the vehicles.

(that script I wrote locks the cargo space when the doors are shut - just remove the lockCargo lines if you don't need that.)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169533-Ghost-Hawk-Door-Animation-Functionality

You can add the actions back and just live with the glitches, script here for GhostHawk? The same thing can be done for all helicopters and possibly the vehicles.

(that script I wrote locks the cargo space when the doors are shut - just remove the lockCargo lines if you don't need that.)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169533-Ghost-Hawk-Door-Animation-Functionality

Thanks, Where in the config does it name the vehicle doors? Your script works perfectly on the GhostHawk but not on the ifrit.

I love the Lamboifrit doors, but never remember seeing this in the beta. I do remember the helicopter doors being open and closeable though.

I love the Lamboifrit doors, but never remember seeing this in the beta. I do remember the helicopter doors being open and closeable though.

They were there mate but for a very short time.

Reminds me of a problem I once had with a company I would make blueprints for using Solidworks.

They would just extrude the entire part along a path instead of taking the time to make an assembly from individual components and allow me to just export a simple parts list. It was just one giant solid blob that I would then have to measure and recreate in discrete sections to export to a proper print.

That was laziness.

Don't know what this is.

They were there mate but for a very short time.

They were in for one day, until I reported that you can´t toss a grenade in there (The second thing I tried, the first one was to shoot the driver.) :butbut:

They were in for one day, until I reported that you can´t toss a grenade in there (The second thing I tried, the first one was to shoot the driver.) :butbut:

So we have someone to blame now. YOU! :mad:

:yay:

I'm pretty sure that they lasted longer than a day. It sure felt like it. Maybe a day on stable?

It was absolutely engrossing, immersive and just visually glorious when it was there.

I would take a current build with that reintegrated. I'm 100% OK with the limited physics for the time being. Someone will eventually do the legwork.

Shit, teach me, Im a weapon of information absorption, reintegration/improvisation and mass production when properly motivated, as is the case.

Im a weapon of information absorption, reintegration/improvisation and mass production when properly motivated, as is the case.

That is sig worthy lol. Not in mine but just saying... :p

And yeah, back on topic, I don't think they were ever in the stable branch.

Thanks, Where in the config does it name the vehicle doors? Your script works perfectly on the GhostHawk but not on the ifrit.

Check the config.bin with Eliteness. As far as I'm aware there is no way to do it in game (Might have changed though). There should be animationSources in the config for each vehicle. I'm not sure what the exact name was and I'm too lazy to check now, but you could open up bottom and top parts seperatly as well. Not possible on all vehicles though (Wasn't possible on the hunter for one)

I am working on a script to open and close the doors on the Ifrit. I need permission from the original scripter before I can post it.

I am making this post because I need 1 post before I can PM members (PMing then about releasing this door script).