wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Same spawn for me! On like every map...but I dont think its really an issue. Though I wish for a clean rpt once :3

@froggy - yes and yes!!  Give it a try if you haven't before it has some great features

@mobile_medic - thanks for the RPT file.  Things are a bit slow around here over the holidays but it will get looked at.

@opendome - welcome back - I find the best performance maps are smaller ones (Stratis vs Altis for example).  One of my favorites is Koplic.

@neodyn - this is a very common error found in RPT files.. I'm betting your non-ALiVE missions also have this error.

• Like 2

Hello,

My ALiVE missions keep crashing server when I get into contact- basically when enemies start shooting at us. We got rid of the old version (that worked just fine) so now we're stuck. Anyone else with the same issue? We've checked RPT file but don't really know how to read it/find out what the issue is.

Thanks

*raising hand* Yeah we as well. We found out that it was a memory leak. I always got an error message on my server (don't recall it atm). 

What we do is we use ALiVE for ambience and spawn missions via MCC. It looks like that this is causing the problem (only since 1.54...before it worked fine) 
When ever both mods are running and it crashes the memory used by the server 3499MB (the Server has 32GB of RAM so quite enough).
With only MCC we don't have problems. Right now I make testings with reducing the "Active Limiter" of the "Virtual AI System" from the default 144 to 50. My first test looked promising though further testing is needed.

But right now I'm waiting for the new version of ALiVE, maybe it helps with the issue :3

PS: We use the latest performance build by dwarden. 

PPS: @ferwindjacks: What other mods do you use?

Moon,

I make a custom modpack for the unit I'm in. It's a large combination, but mainly we use RHS AFRF/USAF, ACE, MCC, ALiVE as our biggest factors. Got rid of asr_ai (as I thought it was the problem), helped some of the errors I was getting but we still crash. Everything was completely stable before updating ALiVE.

I will look into dwarden's performance build, what exactly is it?

RPT's from crashed instances always help so any issues can be spotted.

It would also be beneficial if you can reproduce the issue using only CBA and ALiVE to weed out any compatibility issues.

RPT's from crashed instances always help so any issues can be spotted.

It would also be beneficial if you can reproduce the issue using only CBA and ALiVE to weed out any compatibility issues.

As he said the RPT doesn't say anything unusual. If I get a crash while testing I'll upload it! Probably next year! :3

Moon,

I make a custom modpack for the unit I'm in. It's a large combination, but mainly we use RHS AFRF/USAF, ACE, MCC, ALiVE as our biggest factors. Got rid of asr_ai (as I thought it was the problem), helped some of the errors I was getting but we still crash. Everything was completely stable before updating ALiVE.

I will look into dwarden's performance build, what exactly is it?

So you have a similar mod pack as we have. I guess MCC is the troublemaker here. Not saying that it creates errors it just looks like it does not like to work with Alive anymore.

We still use ASR and don't have that much of error (except the crashing but I don't expect ASR to be the cause). What errors do you had with it?

The performance build is basically just an .exe you replace with the normal armaserver.exe. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-154-performance-binary-feedback/

We h

As he said the RPT doesn't say anything unusual. If I get a crash while testing I'll upload it! Probably next year! :3

So you have a similar mod pack as we have. I guess MCC is the troublemaker here. Not saying that it creates errors it just looks like it does not like to work with Alive anymore.
We still use ASR and don't have that much of error (except the crashing but I don't expect ASR to be the cause). What errors do you had with it?

The performance build is basically just an .exe you replace with the normal armaserver.exe. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-154-performance-binary-feedback/

We had an error that would instantly kick people out of the sever when joining, only happened if we did not have -nologs on our startup line (usually we did). Forget what it was, either way it fixed our issue. 

So, confirmed that MCC and ALiVE are currently incompatible?

*raising hand* Yeah we as well. We found out that it was a memory leak. I always got an error message on my server (don't recall it atm). 

What we do is we use ALiVE for ambience and spawn missions via MCC. It looks like that this is causing the problem (only since 1.54...before it worked fine) 

When ever both mods are running and it crashes the memory used by the server 3499MB (the Server has 32GB of RAM so quite enough).

Have you been getting an out of memory error? If so, we don't use MCC but have run into it post-1.54 with complete server desync as an impending sign.

Does anyone know of any vietnam mods that have factions/maps that work with ALIVE? I know Nam is indexed but Im unaware of Vietnam factions that work with ALIVE

All my ALIVE COOP spam the rpt with the following messages:

15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1444 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1508 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1524 (type Type_154) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1420 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1532 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1572 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1564 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1404 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1516 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1548 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1540 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1412 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1452 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:10 Client: Object 2:1484 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:20 Client: Object 2:2753 (type Type_91) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:1476 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:1388 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2739 (type Type_91) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2751 (type Type_91) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2753 (type Type_91) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2756 (type Type_91) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2754 (type Type_91) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2763 (type Type_91) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:1420 (type Type_418) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2266 (type Type_421) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2265 (type Type_418) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:1564 (type Type_418) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:2267 (type Type_421) not found.
15:36:22 Client: Object 2:1468 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:1420 (type Type_128) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:1500 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:2298 (type Type_132) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:1524 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:1460 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:2265 (type Type_132) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:1396 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:1428 (type Type_129) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:2267 (type Type_247) not found.
15:36:23 Client: Object 2:2266 (type Type_247) not found.
15:36:24 Client: Object 2:2751 (type Type_91) not found.

Anyone with the same issue ?

Same spawn for me! On like every map...but I dont think its really an issue. Though I wish for a clean rpt once :3

Upvote this ticket

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24573

• Like 1

We h

We had an error that would instantly kick people out of the sever when joining, only happened if we did not have -nologs on our startup line (usually we did). Forget what it was, either way it fixed our issue. 

So, confirmed that MCC and ALiVE are currently incompatible?

That sounds like a problem with RHS which popped some errors for me when I did not run -nologs. So this is most likely neither ALiVE nor MCC or ASR.

Lets say "confirmed" as I said. I can't run both without crashing. I have tested it with only MCC but not with only Alive!

Have you been getting an out of memory error? If so, we don't use MCC but have run into it post-1.54 with complete server desync as an impending sign.

I think thats the error we get. As I said its at least some memory error with huge dysync when it is about to crash.

Thanks savage! What other maps are you getting good performance on? I was playing Kunduz yesterday, I was hosting and something weird happened (it was only myself and two friends on the server) and my frames jsut tanked (Was getting ~60 FPS with dips into 40 fps regularly) and then it would just randomly tank to 0 FPS.

Also I was wondering if there's a guide for getting factions to work with ALIVE? There's a few factions I want to use but they aren't configured to work with ALIVE

Thanks!

Thanks savage! What other maps are you getting good performance on? I was playing Kunduz yesterday, I was hosting and something weird happened (it was only myself and two friends on the server) and my frames jsut tanked (Was getting ~60 FPS with dips into 40 fps regularly) and then it would just randomly tank to 0 FPS.

Also I was wondering if there's a guide for getting factions to work with ALIVE? There's a few factions I want to use but they aren't configured to work with ALIVE

Thanks!

I'd love some map and performance recommendations too (like which modules should be looked at first, etc).

Kunduz actually runs pretty well for me. The last mission I played on it I was around 38 FPS (which is good for my rig). Takistan, which is probably more intensive or at least it's much bigger, runs even better! Sangin, on the other hand, has been killing me. 20-22 FPS while in a land vehicle which to me is a no-go. I definitely need to do something.

I'm half tempted to see if anyone's willing to take a look at my Sangin folder just to make sure I have it setup properly. Something just feels wrong.

Is Sangin just one of those lousy performing maps or has anyone had any luck with it?

I've had pretty bad perfomance on Sangin as well, I think it's just the amount of objects but Im not too sure

• Like 1

Thanks!

Pretty sure there is a problem with Kunduz itself, a lot of people have reported fps problems in certain areas.

I've never had good fps on sangin either.

• Like 2

Ahhh ok thanks! It's super weird, I've never experienced anything like that. What maps do you use ALIVE with? 

• Like 1

Ahhh ok thanks! It's super weird, I've never experienced anything like that. What maps do you use ALIVE with? 

Altis, Chernarus, Takistan

• Like 2

Thanks for the info guys! much appreciated! 

So one thing I've found so far is that ALIVE just won't spawn units besides infantry for some reason, this is happening with both Massi's Middle East Conflict mod and also with RHS insurgents? I tried to test it by changing force weighting to motorized and mechanized. I'm doing it the exact same way I used to 6 months ago and it used to work?

I have the AI commander synced to the civ module and military module

also my mods are ACE, ALIVE, CBA_A3 (with the optional auto_xeh activated also tried it deactivated but nothing changed), mrt_fns, RHSAFRF, SMA V2.1, TRYK, SMA3, Spec4 Vests, RHSUSF, Dynasounds, SpyderAddons, L_immerse, Koplic, RDS_Civ

So one thing I've found so far is that ALIVE just won't spawn units besides infantry for some reason, this is happening with both Massi's Middle East Conflict mod and also with RHS insurgents? nds, SpyderAddons, L_immerse, Koplic, RDS_Civ

Most for the groups form massi has only infantry . (yes i have installed the vehicles mod form massi ) . See below . you can check this with the internal config viewer form arma . Concerning RHS only these factions are shown in the arma config viewer " Cfggroups" . All other faction may have vehicles but not groups are available for alive mod. Please check which faction you have used and check it at the arma3 internal config viewer .  you have not enumarated the faction you have used .

configfile >> "CfgGroups"

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East"

east

mas_ira_opf ( groups for Arm/Inf/Mot/Mech/Spec)

mas_ira_opf_hd ( groups for Inf / Spec)

mas_med_opf ( groups for Arm/Inf/Mot/Mech/Spec)

mas_med_opf_hd ( groups for Inf / Spec)

mas_med_opfi ( groups for I)

mas_med_opfi_hd ( groups for I)

mas_med_opfm (groups for I)

mas_med_opfm_hd (groups for I)

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East"

East

rhs_faction_msv

rhs_faction_tv (  tanks )

rhs_faction_vdv

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >>

West

rhs_faction_usarmy_d 

rhs_faction_usarmy_wd

rhs_faction_usmc_d

rhs_faction_usmc_wd

I also ran into crashes related to memory leaks as well (dont use MCC).  Still testing further to see what it might be and report findings here.  May be related to ARMA update as i've seen others rpt the same on forums.  Bummer...

Altis, Chernarus, Takistan

I set up an insurgency template on CLAfghan. FPS is incredible (with only a little testing, just FYI) for those curious. I'd add that to the list of good performing maps for now, barring anything crazy when I get going.

I also ran into crashes related to memory leaks as well (dont use MCC).  Still testing further to see what it might be and report findings here.  May be related to ARMA update as i've seen others rpt the same on forums.  Bummer...

Have you tried any of the performance binaries that Dwarden puts out? I have the server and client exe's from a couple weeks ago and (knocks on wood) haven't crashed since unless you count mod conflicts.

• Like 1

Have you tried any of the performance binaries that Dwarden puts out? I have the server and client exe's from a couple weeks ago and (knocks on wood) haven't crashed since unless you count mod conflicts.

I have not but plan to do so.  Thanks for the suggestion.