wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Most for the groups form massi has only infantry . (yes i have installed the vehicles mod form massi ) . See below . you can check this with the internal config viewer form arma . Concerning RHS only these factions are shown in the arma config viewer " Cfggroups" . All other faction may have vehicles but not groups are available for alive mod. Please check which faction you have used and check it at the arma3 internal config viewer .  you have not enumarated the faction you have used .

configfile >> "CfgGroups"

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East"

east

mas_ira_opf ( groups for Arm/Inf/Mot/Mech/Spec)

mas_ira_opf_hd ( groups for Inf / Spec)

mas_med_opf ( groups for Arm/Inf/Mot/Mech/Spec)

mas_med_opf_hd ( groups for Inf / Spec)

mas_med_opfi ( groups for I)

mas_med_opfi_hd ( groups for I)

mas_med_opfm (groups for I)

mas_med_opfm_hd (groups for I)

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East"

East

rhs_faction_msv

rhs_faction_tv (  tanks )

rhs_faction_vdv

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >>

West

rhs_faction_usarmy_d 

rhs_faction_usarmy_wd

rhs_faction_usmc_d

rhs_faction_usmc_wd

Yea I used the optional vehicle .pbo/bisign in massi's pack and have the vehicle pack as well but it won't spawn any vehicles and lookign under groups in the editor there are only infantry groups. For RHS insurgents Im using rhs_faction_insurgents but I thought this should work with vehicles and everything (saw a compatibility with ALIVE mod but it stated it was now obsolete as RHS added insurgent/vehicle support for ALIVE) 

Also another weird thing is roadblocks spawn and even with a vehicle for tthe correct faction but the roadblocks aren't manned?

Thanks!

EDIT: Geez I dunno whats goin on but sicne I got back into mission making this have gone wonky, for instance Leights factions work on Takistan but using the same faction name on Tora Bora it cannot find the OPCOM and only spanws them with the CQB module

Alive can only discover what the map creater has defined. Tora Bora is except two single villages empty for alive or especial for the placing modules . Nice map but not finished yet . Use Reshmaan province or the BI map .

Slightly off topic but an issue that has bothered me for some time and an issue that can often cause performance strain on our server and impact fps is this;

Helicopters that ALiVE spawn will do a quick fly by and then just proceed to hover above an airfield or area if interest without landing, dropping off troops or leaving. Yesterday I had 7 choppers just hang in the air above Thirsk airfield - very loud, very annoying and effecting performance.

I have all ALiVE modules set correctly such as do not place air units, reinforcements set to NOT allow Helicopters and Mil and Civ llacement modules were set to Light infantry and Mechanized groups only....no mention of choppers.

How do I stop choppers from spawning and also if choppers do spawn maybe the ALiVE team can have them act/behave in a wag that does not effect performance negatively. Maybe they land or fly away/de-spawn?

Any help is appreciated.

REAPER.

• Like 1

@REAPER, I'll let the ALiVE team respond but my understanding is by design that is how its suppose to work (drop units, fly away and despawn).  However i myself caught this a couple times.  You'll need to find a way to replicate the issue and share your findings with them so they can test and fix.  Sometimes finding/fixing these arent the easiest as its random and could very well be an ARMA issue and not the mod.  Just a FYI....

• Like 1

Alive can only discover what the map creater has defined. Tora Bora is except two single villages empty for alive or especial for the placing modules . Nice map but not finished yet . Use Reshmaan province or the BI map .

How's performance on Reshmaan?

I wasted about 8+ hours on Sangin and really don't want to have to go through that again. LOL!

How's performance on Reshmaan?

I wasted about 8+ hours on Sangin and really don't want to have to go through that again. LOL!

My group plays using ALiVE on Reshmaan with very good results!! I would recomend Reshmaan for sure!

• Like 2

New problem after getting rid of MCC- members will randomly get disconnected with no message. Not a kick, per say, but the screen when you hit disconnect (scoreboard n all that). 

Anyone else have that issue?

My group plays using ALiVE on Reshmaan with very good results!! I would recomend Reshmaan for sure!

Nice. :)

Hopefully I'm a better mission maker now and can't get one set up in under 6. LOL!

Just the idea of doing what I did with Sangin and then finding out the hard way the map runs like crap makes me nervous. I really appreciate the reply.

Nice. :)

Hopefully I'm a better mission maker now and can't get one set up in under 6. LOL!

Just the idea of doing what I did with Sangin and then finding out the hard way the map runs like crap makes me nervous. I really appreciate the reply.

This Jungle Map is also a winner as far as performance goes for ALiVE;

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24455

REAPER

• Like 1

we have bigger problems with arma2 structures. we use cup and isla duala. ai is spawned in a bunker with 6 military units and they are like stuck in place. looks very strange when watching them, they are inefficient.

This Jungle Map is also a winner as far as performance goes for ALiVE;http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24455

REAPER

Hey guys, I know this is slightly (or maybe not!) off topic but for the first time since owning ARMA (400 hours logged), I saw this message on screen:

"You were kicked off the game."

Talk about a totally useless BIS error message. :)

Anyway, Reshmaan is brilliant and you guys weren't kidding about performance (I was over 50FPS at times! Wow! Buttery smooth!) and then out of nowhere after about an hour and a half of play I enter a building in a village and I'm greeted with this message and ARMA closes.

Should I just consider this ARMA being ARMA or have you guys experienced any problems with this message using Reshmaan and ALiVE?

I'm going to do some research on this message now and post over on /armadev. Figured it was at least worth asking.

I was giving Reshmaan a test with some friends least night but it kept randomly crashing? Do you have any crashes?

I was giving Reshmaan a test with some friends least night but it kept randomly crashing? Do you have any crashes?

Reshmaan works fine for month in my community.

Reshmaan works fine for month in my community.

hmmmm what mods are you running?

ACE, CBA, ALIVE, MCC, TFR, AiA (not tested with CUP yet since we did not have a Reshmaan session lately) to name the prominent.

Hmmm I wonder if its related to CUP Terrains, are you using CUP terrains Heroes?

I want to get AiA and see if it changes anything but it looks like the downloads been taken down since CUP Terrains

Yep. CUP terrains.

It's such an odd crash that honesty really irks me. I was in the middle of a delightful session with absurdly high FPS when I crashed out of nowhere. Normally I'm used to desync or wonkiness before a crash but this message hit me out of literally nowhere.

If CUP is the issue I sure hope my mission is compatible with AiA after making it with CUP. :(

Opendome are you getting the same error message as me or just a regular old CTD?

Yup I was getting the exact same thing last night, great FPS then all of a sudden crash. I hope I can hunt down a way to download AiA now

You can't download AiA anymore? Like literally anywhere?

I have it so I guess I could always pack it up and send it to you. Never done that before but I have no problem doing it for you. Especially if we're testing the same bug. :)

Yup I was getting the exact same thing last night, great FPS then all of a sudden crash. I hope I can hunt down a way to download AiA now

Hey man, I sent you a PM. If you need AiA I can send it to you. I need this map in my life and the more people looking at it the better. :)

Hey bud thanks! I found a torrent for AiA and the hotffixes/patches are still hosted in armaholic and megacloud

• Like 1

Hey bud thanks! I found a torrent for AiA and the hotffixes/patches are still hosted in armaholic and megacloud

I'm assuming you made an ALiVE mission with Reshmaan/CUP. If you need to do anything special to the mission file to change the dependency back to AiA, could you PM me how? I'd hate to have to (again lol) make the mission from scratch just to test this.

For sure, I'll let you know what I find once its done. Also it looks like CUP Terrains released an update today so maybe they fixed it or something? Want to give that a try and I'll give AiA a try?