wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Well i'm not exactly sure about reasons of crash. I have RHS as well, maybe it can also crash server (was happening when i was using RHS transport). However, one time i was not using any units except vanilla, and this freeze still happened.

Problem that is nothing appears in log. Server just freezes - no interaction. Transport gets no damages, AI stuck (sometimes in running animation). However, players still can move, shoot, etc.

If that not what happens to you, then we might be talking about different bugs.

well this sounds exactly like the issue :)

but if it happens to you STILL after following my advices in the former post, then its a different one and probably not ALiVE related!

PS: could you please try that (and maybe even use the former CBA version) and tell me if that worked?

Edited by highhead

Do you have link on previous version? it might crash my modpack, however - i use ACE and it might use some features from RC6.

Do you have link on previous version? it might crash my modpack, however - i use ACE and it might use some features from RC6.

Hey mate!

Might be worth just waiting a couple of hours, I just "heard" update to CBA is inbound soon!

Otherwise ill get you a link tomorrow, have to rush atm!

Night gents!

Io thought ACE is under huge development and when testing you probably shouldnt be using it yet? Just saying... ;)

Io thought ACE is under huge development and when testing you probably shouldnt be using it yet? Just saying... ;)

it is. But how ACE devs will receive new bugreports if nobody plays with it enabled?

Hm, it seems as if I'm still getting crashes.

I'm not so sure this is a CBA issue now.

Does anyone know if this simply could be a ram problem or something? This is largely unique to 1.42, I ran the exact same mission prior-to and didn't get these random crashes.

I have no idea if the 1.42 update radically changed how system resources are appropriated.

Hm, it seems as if I'm still getting crashes.

I'm not so sure this is a CBA issue now.

Does anyone know if this simply could be a ram problem or something? This is largely unique to 1.42, I ran the exact same mission prior-to and didn't get these random crashes.

I have no idea if the 1.42 update radically changed how system resources are appropriated.

Hi!

Just ran a mission on dedi for 4 hours, not a single issue! Which mods are you using?

enjoy

Had that strange "crash" too, but while using RHS Mi-8, so doesn't seem to be alive-related. Testing now with vanilla units, everything seems to be working.

You can speed how fast they move across the map int he module settings. i played a mission for like 45min and ran into a town full of IEDs and enemies. So maybe this is what you need to look into.

Oh interesting !! In wich Modul and wich function i have to change ? How this works ?

Greez

Also possible bug: I used insurgency mission, ported to Takistan map and adjusted factions to OPF_F (CSAT) to fit terrain.

However, instead of enemy tank platoons, i get artillery platoons.

Edited by rlex

Also possible bug: I used insurgency mission, ported to Takistan map and adjusted factions to OPF_F (CSAT) to fit terrain.

However, instead of enemy tank platoons, i get artillery platoons.

Yo!

There are gazillions of errors in this RPT and the only ALiVE related ones are not gamebreaking in any way, only some unit-data in a virtualised group was corrupt. This wouldnt result in a crash.

Not sure why you believe its an ALiVE related issue, because it can be any mod listed here

-mod=modpack/@CBA_A3;modpack/@ASDG_JR;modpack/@BWA3;modpack/@Gorka_uniforms;modpack/@RHPACK;modpack/@RHSAFRF;modpack/@RHSUSF;modpack/@RH_acc;modpack/@ace-le;modpack/@JS_JC_FA18;mappack/@AllInArmaTerrainPack;mappack/@Bornholm;mappack/@Helvantis;mappack/@isladuala;mappack/@panthera;mappack/@Namalsk-lite;mappack/@fdf_podagorsk;mappack/@fallujah;mappack/@AlRayak;servermods/@ALiVE;servermods/@ASR_AI3

Even if you use vanilla units, it doesnt mean you run vanilla, Therefore you should run -mod=@CBA_A3;@ALiVE;@ALiVEServer to rule out whats causing your issue!

I also suggest you use the latest ALiVE Insurgency REDUX instead of InsurgencyRevived that is shipped with the Demo folder!

I will ping Hazey to either update the mish or remove it, so there arent thousands of versions floating around.

Hope this helps!

Yo!

There are gazillions of errors in this RPT and the only ALiVE related ones are not gamebreaking in any way, only some unit-data in a virtualised group was corrupt. This wouldnt result in a crash.

Not sure why you believe its an ALiVE related issue, because it can be any mod listed here

-mod=modpack/@CBA_A3;modpack/@ASDG_JR;modpack/@BWA3;modpack/@Gorka_uniforms;modpack/@RHPACK;modpack/@RHSAFRF;modpack/@RHSUSF;modpack/@RH_acc;modpack/@ace-le;modpack/@JS_JC_FA18;mappack/@AllInArmaTerrainPack;mappack/@Bornholm;mappack/@Helvantis;mappack/@isladuala;mappack/@panthera;mappack/@Namalsk-lite;mappack/@fdf_podagorsk;mappack/@fallujah;mappack/@AlRayak;servermods/@ALiVE;servermods/@ASR_AI3

Even if you use vanilla units, it doesnt mean you run vanilla, Therefore you should run -mod=@CBA_A3;@ALiVE;@ALiVEServer to rule out whats causing your issue!

I also suggest you use the latest ALiVE Insurgency REDUX instead of InsurgencyRevived that is shipped with the Demo folder!

I will ping Hazey to either update the mish or remove it, so there arent thousands of versions floating around.

Hope this helps!

Redux is a new version? I quckly run thru source files and thought it was same as release by Hazey. I do not play altis/stratis anyway, so maybe it's time to port my fork to new version.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

So yea, indeed, my fault - ran my server with wrong BAT (have bunch of them to test different mod setups).

I'm now running same mission, teleporting to cities & spawning shitload of enemies. So far so good.

Is it possible to blacklist some units from spawning? I often see empty Taru (or repair/medical) which seems to be completely useless for enemy (it just loiter around until someone finally takes it down).

And planes, they spawns facing hangar rear, makes them completely useless.

The logistic functions described in Script snippets don't work on my local dedicated server.

I have a simple script to get the global force pool count. It's basically copied over from the ALiVE wiki, with a hint added.

When hosting, it works fine, but when I start a dedicated server it doesn't do a thing.

I even tried to execute the two main lines directly from the debug console:

_currentBLUFORForcepool = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;

hint format ["Supply level: %1",_currentBLUFORForcepool];

But no effect.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it worked before the the latest patch and version changes.

(Everything is up to date, and I tried without other mods, even without @aliveserver)

alive_logo_bif.jpg

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 0.9.7.1 for ArmA3 1.42

Incremental Hotfix for ArmA3 Patch 1.42

This is a hotfix to update the version in line with ArmA3 Patch 1.42 released on Thursday 16th April. We're snuck a couple of fixes in since CBA just got an update too. Details in the change log. Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com

Also available from PlayWithSix and ArmAholic.

Manual

Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know by submitting a ticket on our Development Tracker and we'll look to fix it. A full description of ALiVE Asymmetric Warfare including a setup guide and hints for Security Forces is available on the ALiVE Wiki Here

Support Forum

For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on Skype or sign up to the forum on our website: http://alivemod.com/forum/

Changelog

- Build 0.9.7

[MIL OPCOM] fixed the freezing in debug after about 45 mins (need to check CBA_fnc_replace in unscheduled)! Improved placement of furniture! Improved ambush!

From Previous 0.9.7 release for the sake of completeness:

[Various] Tweaks to labels and tooltips to correct spelling and make them more intuitive

[AMB Civs] Tweaked text to be clearer.

[CS] Fix to synced vehicles in CS

[uI] UI updates to tone down ALiVE splash and logos after community feedback.

[intro] Removed Johari advert

[mil_ied] VBIED locations trigger once.

[MIL OPCOM] Small fix for factory, depot and HQ if the chosen building has to few buildingpositions

[AMB Civs] Implemented Role system including actions! Set param to eastern/western to get the appropriate roles like town elder, major, muezzin, priest, politician etc.! You will get actions on the civis accordingly! Use "none" (default) if you want to keep running as is.

[MIL COMMAND | MIL OPCOM] Insurgents now place explosives on ambushes properly

[MIL OPCOM] Also roadblocks will be restored after load from DB

[MIL CQB] Disabled clientside debug after switch to global debug

[X LIB] Fixed issue where fnc_spawnComposition failed if isFurniture wasnt defined

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed invasion and occupation was not starting correctly after persistent data was loaded

[MIL OPCOM] Improved visual appearance of current and accomplished INS orders

[MIL CQB] Improved operation debug to take into account disabled CQB positions

[MIL OPCOM] Improved method of determining already fulfilled actions (esp. for persitence)

[MIL CQB | MIL IED] Enabled Reading from synced OPCOM module

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed some small issues with sending units to appropriate positions

[X LIB] Added ALiVE_fnc_addActionGlobal that can be used for BIS_fnc_MP

[AMB CIV Commands] Changed way of issuing "search" action to be JIP compatible!

[MIL OPCOM] Reviewed way of resetting CQB. Changed reset CQB during init of OPCOM, and before persistent data is loaded, in order to activate formerly stored CQB areas after loading from DB!

[MIL CQB] Improved way of ending and resetting CQB process

[MIL OPCOM] Added persistence for INS

[compositions] Added IED Factory and ability to spawn furniture

[sys_stats] Added debug code to catch OperationStart issue

[mil_IED] Fixed VBIED's being spawned as Karts :(

[main] Added karts to vehicle blacklist

[mil_ied] Fixed issue where suicide bomber was spawned in water. http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76079

[mil_ied] Fixed issue where VBIED markers were stated as IED.

[mil_placement_custom] Fixed undefined vehicleClass error

[mil_placement_custom] Added module settings for placing supplies, air units, ambient vehicles and HQ. Updated composition selection to include air station. http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76103

[MIL OPCOM] Ins persistence basics (objects/buildings/module references are stored as [_type,_pos], moved code to helper functions

[mil_opcom] Added mobile phone item for insurgency purposes. Added a groundholder model for the suicide vest.

[mil_opcom] Added Suicide Vest (V_ALiVE_Suicide_Vest) so that bombers have something to carry explosives in (under their clothes). Cannot wear other vests on top though.

Want to join our team?

We are still recruiting people that are interested in being part of a close knit dev team. We welcome anyone who fancies a go at SQF scripting, Javascript/PHP development (for War Room) and C++/C# development for our ALiVE extension. ALiVE is an opportunity to build your experience of any of these technologies in a fun mod development environment.

Disclaimer

ALiVE is still in BETA and subject to change. We may need to clear persistent database data from the War Room before major updates but we will try to let you know well in advance if this happens. We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?

Please feel free to donate! It costs us about $65 per month to run our War Room website and ALiVE Database servers. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

Edited by friznit2

Thanks for the update!

"Improved furniture placement"

"Improved ambush"

Oh baby

Edit: Quick question about the mobile phone that I've had since last release, what is this used for exactly? Do civilians pull it out and actually use it (to relay security forces location) or is it simply an inventory object to increase immersion?

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Oh interesting !! In wich Modul and wich function i have to change ? How this works ?

Greez

If memory serves correct its under the OPCOM module under movement speed( It will be in %'s) I cant check right now but Ill see if I can jump on later tonight and check it out

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

http://alivemod.com/img/alive_logo_bif.jpg

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 0.9.7.1 for ArmA3 1.42

Incremental Hotfix for ArmA3 Patch 1.42

This is a hotfix to update the version in line with ArmA3 Patch 1.42 released on Thursday 16th April. We're snuck a couple of fixes in since CBA just got an update too. Details in the change log. Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com

Also available from PlayWithSix and ArmAholic.

Manual

Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know by submitting a ticket on our Development Tracker and we'll look to fix it. A full description of ALiVE Asymmetric Warfare including a setup guide and hints for Security Forces is available on the ALiVE Wiki Here

Support Forum

For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on Skype or sign up to the forum on our website: http://alivemod.com/forum/

Changelog

- Build 0.9.7

[MIL OPCOM] fixed the freezing in debug after about 45 mins (need to check CBA_fnc_replace in unscheduled)! Improved placement of furniture! Improved ambush!

From Previous 0.9.7 release for the sake of completeness:

[Various] Tweaks to labels and tooltips to correct spelling and make them more intuitive

[AMB Civs] Tweaked text to be clearer.

[CS] Fix to synced vehicles in CS

[uI] UI updates to tone down ALiVE splash and logos after community feedback.

[intro] Removed Johari advert

[mil_ied] VBIED locations trigger once.

[MIL OPCOM] Small fix for factory, depot and HQ if the chosen building has to few buildingpositions

[AMB Civs] Implemented Role system including actions! Set param to eastern/western to get the appropriate roles like town elder, major, muezzin, priest, politician etc.! You will get actions on the civis accordingly! Use "none" (default) if you want to keep running as is.

[MIL COMMAND | MIL OPCOM] Insurgents now place explosives on ambushes properly

[MIL OPCOM] Also roadblocks will be restored after load from DB

[MIL CQB] Disabled clientside debug after switch to global debug

[X LIB] Fixed issue where fnc_spawnComposition failed if isFurniture wasnt defined

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed invasion and occupation was not starting correctly after persistent data was loaded

[MIL OPCOM] Improved visual appearance of current and accomplished INS orders

[MIL CQB] Improved operation debug to take into account disabled CQB positions

[MIL OPCOM] Improved method of determining already fulfilled actions (esp. for persitence)

[MIL CQB | MIL IED] Enabled Reading from synced OPCOM module

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed some small issues with sending units to appropriate positions

[X LIB] Added ALiVE_fnc_addActionGlobal that can be used for BIS_fnc_MP

[AMB CIV Commands] Changed way of issuing "search" action to be JIP compatible!

[MIL OPCOM] Reviewed way of resetting CQB. Changed reset CQB during init of OPCOM, and before persistent data is loaded, in order to activate formerly stored CQB areas after loading from DB!

[MIL CQB] Improved way of ending and resetting CQB process

[MIL OPCOM] Added persistence for INS

[compositions] Added IED Factory and ability to spawn furniture

[sys_stats] Added debug code to catch OperationStart issue

[mil_IED] Fixed VBIED's being spawned as Karts :(

[main] Added karts to vehicle blacklist

[mil_ied] Fixed issue where suicide bomber was spawned in water. http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76079

[mil_ied] Fixed issue where VBIED markers were stated as IED.

[mil_placement_custom] Fixed undefined vehicleClass error

[mil_placement_custom] Added module settings for placing supplies, air units, ambient vehicles and HQ. Updated composition selection to include air station. http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76103

[MIL OPCOM] Ins persistence basics (objects/buildings/module references are stored as [_type,_pos], moved code to helper functions

[mil_opcom] Added mobile phone item for insurgency purposes. Added a groundholder model for the suicide vest.

[mil_opcom] Added Suicide Vest (V_ALiVE_Suicide_Vest) so that bombers have something to carry explosives in (under their clothes). Cannot wear other vests on top though.

Want to join our team?

We are still recruiting people that are interested in being part of a close knit dev team. We welcome anyone who fancies a go at SQF scripting, Javascript/PHP development (for War Room) and C++/C# development for our ALiVE extension. ALiVE is an opportunity to build your experience of any of these technologies in a fun mod development environment.

Disclaimer

ALiVE is still in BETA and subject to change. We may need to clear persistent database data from the War Room before major updates but we will try to let you know well in advance if this happens. We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?

Please feel free to donate! It costs us about $65 per month to run our War Room website and ALiVE Database servers. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

Awesome! Congrats on another great release guys :D! The asymmetric system really brings me back to the good ol MSO days, I remember the first time I played an MSO mission and it absolutely blew my mind and you guys continue to do so with every release :D!

If memory serves correct its under the OPCOM module under movement speed( It will be in %'s) I cant check right now but Ill see if I can jump on later tonight and check it out

It's actually under the "Virtual AI System" Module

aww, was hoping for the Kundez index, but either way thanks for the hotfixes!

It's actually under the "Virtual AI System" Module

there ya go

Had that strange "crash" too, but while using RHS Mi-8, so doesn't seem to be alive-related. Testing now with vanilla units, everything seems to be working.

Funny, I was flying an aircraft and it happens most commonly when I'm doing that.

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 ----------

Hi!

Just ran a mission on dedi for 4 hours, not a single issue! Which mods are you using?

enjoy

- Dragonfyre

- AIA (crashes like a mother on Sahrani, yet not takistan, etc)

- some of HLC's guns

- MNP's units

- RH's pistol pack

- Hellenic Armed Forces aircraft

- ASDG joint rails

- Niko's units

And that's pretty much it.

I'll try it without all of the mods, and then I'll try it just with AIA and see if that's the issue.

Question about saving when locally hosting a server. So a friend of mine and myself played an ALiVE mission I was hosting and after the first night everything was fine, we saved the mission (using the ArmA 3 save option in the menu) then using the Server Save and Exit. When we were done tonight the Save button was greyed out so I just used the Server Save and Exit. It did not save the mission at our current point, Im guessing this has to do with the Save button being greyed out and us not using that. So how can I get more Saves?