wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

You'll need to add a spectater script to the mission. There are several around.

Thanx for the fast reply. Does anyone here know a spectator script they is known to work with ALiVE mod? Ideally it would not allow the spectating player to communicate with other "ALiVE" players (pun intended).

Also - I have found that when the Medic deploys his MASH tent for purpose of squad respawn, the player respawns only with his default load-out and not his selected load-out from the VA Box. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanx in advance.

REAPER

Thanx for the fast reply. Does anyone here know a spectator script they is known to work with ALiVE mod? Ideally it would not allow the spectating player to communicate with other "ALiVE" players (pun intended).

Also - I have found that when the Medic deploys his MASH tent for purpose of squad respawn, the player respawns only with his default load-out and not his selected load-out from the VA Box. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanx in advance.

REAPER

I use CSSA3 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187688-CSSA3-A-Spectator-Script-for-Arma-3 script in Coop missions, tough I haven't tried it with alive respawn. It should work though, give it a try.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

I'm testing ZEUS on an ALIVE mission, and seems that changes made with ZEUS are not saved into database, creating objects or moving objects. Is this a known limitation or I'm doing something wrong?

so have a quick question about setup and how reinforcments work.... so im trying to build a mission where once force starts with a smaller size army after players capture objectives will then spawn reinforcements to occupy the captured objectives making the force size larger.. how would i go about setting this up in the initial setup.

so example force A starts with 200 on the military objective placer but after capturing a town the force would grow to say 400?

For us SP players, any chance we could get a update in the future allowing us too see where the friendly OPCOM AI are thinking about attacking/defending/etc. I feel a lot of the time I spend playing SP is teleporting around the map looking for a fight :O simply due to the fact - I don't know where my AI are going/planning movement.

Would be useful for MP too. Would love to have the debug markers rather than the squares for intel too............maybe you can and I'm just doing something wrong.

Zriel - it's to do with the way persistence works. To save on script/database overhead, objects are only saved after a player physically interacts with them (e.g. get in/get out, pick it up and move it around): http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Logistics_Support

Kniker - Military Logistics provides battle casualty replacements, not reinforcements - ALiVE won't magically add new units into the task org because it tried to model a credibly realistic force structure. If A starts with 200, he will only ever get replacements to top him up to 200 after taking casualties, until that faction runs out of resources. However, you can use Player Combat Logistics to manually request additional units (essentially "buying" them with logistics resources) or script some to spawn in for free.

Burdy - you could try this: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Jump_To_The_Action.21 (Or you could just turn AI Commander debug on). Note that the autogenerated missions are focused on where AI Commanders are currently operating too. But it's a good idea - we could possibly add a sitrep from HQ indicating the current intent of the AI Commander.

Edited by friznit2

Man nearly all the tutorial video's our out of date and talk about modules that don't exist anymore :936:

I think i've cobbled most of it all together to make an insurgency style mission, but I have 2 problems:

1) Where the heck is the function that used to be called 'Military Sector Display'?? I don't know how to make the map show where friendly and enemy occupied territory is.

2) Is the mod meant to set tasks? I saw something like that at the end of and (old) video. If I don't get a task, how do I know where the fighting is going on or what my team is doing?

Sorry if this is basic knowledge but there are no good current guides that I can find. Even on the actual ALIVE website, they have OLD video's with module names that aren't there anymore X_X.

Edit: wait, stand by, I just found a note on one of the video's talking about some c2istar...

Man nearly all the tutorial video's our out of date and talk about modules that don't exist anymore :936:

I think i've cobbled most of it all together to make an insurgency style mission, but I have 2 problems:

1) Where the heck is the function that used to be called 'Military Sector Display'?? I don't know how to make the map show where friendly and enemy occupied territory is.

2) Is the mod meant to set tasks? I saw something like that at the end of and (old) video. If I don't get a task, how do I know where the fighting is going on or what my team is doing?

Sorry if this is basic knowledge but there are no good current guides that I can find. Even on the actual ALIVE website, they have OLD video's with module names that aren't there anymore X_X.

Edit: wait, stand by, I just found a note on one of the video's talking about some c2istar...

Yeah C2iSTAR will lead you in the right direction. It has all of the intel settings and it allows you to auto generate tasks for your side or simply generate your own task.

Can someone please help me set it up so I can call in a chopper to drop support (ammo etc) please? Ive tried wiki and it makes no sense... also I need it to work in multiplayer

owmyeye - your best bet at the moment is to either to look at one of the demo missions included in the download or follow the wiki quick start guide. We won't be updating the videos until we're close to final 1.0 release and things have stabilised fully.

Killaway - which bit doesn't make sense? If you let me know I can attempt to make it clearer. Player Combat Logistics is the module you need. As stated on the wiki, this gives you access to the logistics pool but you do still need to set up the actual logistics chain for your faction. As a minimum you need to have a Military Logistics module synced to an AI Commander and a Mil Placement module with sufficient troops to hold at least one objective for the logistics insertion point (e.g. a simple method is to sync a Mil Placement (Custom Objective) to the AI Commander with a single group of AI.)

Can someone please help me set it up so I can call in a chopper to drop support (ammo etc) please? Ive tried wiki and it makes no sense... also I need it to work in multiplayer

I have an AI Commander for Blufor synced to a Custom Objective (Small MG Nest) and then I hide this in the far corner of the map, lol

If you have the correct Modules played such as Military Logistics (allow Chopper and airdrop etc) - this gets synced to the AI Commander if I am not mistaken. The default item you need in your kit to call in the support and airdrops etc is the LaserDesignator (this can be changed in the Module for Logistics to a Radio etc etc).

We play Co-Op and do not have an AI army fighting along side us so I have found this way the best fit for our needs.

Hello,

Is it possible to use multiple helis with combat support ? For instance to use 2 transports at the same time ?

Hello,

Is it possible to use multiple helis with combat support ? For instance to use 2 transports at the same time ?

each module can only be one vehicle, so you have to issue separate orders to each heli you want on task. You can of course have as many as you want on the go at once, though the AI pilots love to crash into each other if you don't give them enough separation

Ok so I just need to use several times the same module.

And how to specify the vehicle use by that module ? For instance I want to use a CH49 transport instead of the 8 places UH80...

And how can I know where the support's units base is ? Is it random or can I specify a place ?

Hey all. I recently started using Alive and I have to say to all involved you have made an amazing mod.

The main reason i started using it was because I wanted add support for my RoC add on pack. I re-wrote all my group configs following the Alive wiki pages and now the groups and faction are recognized fine. I had a few quick scenarios last night and it was amazing to see my guys in action! :) However I am having a problem getting the Player support Artillery module to work. It recognizes my units and they appear in the Support menu, but when you click on the unit the following menu asking for number of rounds and placement etc does not appear.

My pack uses vanilla Arma3 mortars that are re-crewed with my units and it also uses the RHS M109 which again is re-crewed with my guys. Both of these units work fine with the module when added using their original class names, but for some reason when they are added via my faction they don't want to work. As I said before, they spawn, they are on the Support menu but they don't give an option to actually use them.

In my configs they are defined as availableForSupportTypes[] = {"Artillery"}; and other than the name and crew they inherit all the properties of the originals so I cant for the life of me work out why they don't work. They work fine with the Arma3 vanilla support modules and Its very odd because custom vehicles from my add on pack work perfectly with the Player Support CAS and Transport modules.

Ive probably missed a line of code somewhere but if anyone could shed any light on this for me it would be great. :p

This is because of the way BIS modules collate date for artillery and round types they can have, which means we currently have to define them using a static class list (which is a horrible way to have to do it because you can't generically support mods). It's on our list of things to do to work around it but it'd need a bit of a rewrite of the artillery Combat Support module.

alive_logo_bif.jpg

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 0.9.7

Asymmetric Warfare Environment

The headline for this release is the addition of a new type of Military AI Commander. Asymmetric Commanders have different objectives, tactics and techniques to a regular combatant. His goal is to disrupt the enemy, destabilise the security situation and generally create havoc without becoming decisively engaged with security forces. Insurgency forces will employ tactics such as sabotage, hit and run attacks, roadblocks and IEDs. They will attempt to blend in with the civilian population in order to move weapons, explosives and suicide bombers to strategic locations whilst establishing secret weapons caches, IED factories and recruitment centres to spread the insurgency amongst the disillusioned civilian population. Security Forces will need to conduct rigorous patrolling and develop strong intelligence through searching and monitoring of civilian activity in order to reduce the insurgent threat.

A full description of ALiVE Asymmetric Warfare including a setup guide and hints for Security Forces is available on the ALiVE Wiki Here

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com

Also available from PlayWithSix and ArmAholic.

Note that this build requires the new @ALiVEServer package.

THqNWC5m.jpg

War Room

The Server Performance suite built into the War Room has had a makeover with a lot of detail added to explain what each metric means. This is a very powerful analytical tool for server admins and we strongly encourage people to try it, even if only standalone without any other aspects of ALiVE. This will help us to record server stats so we can build a benchmark and provide everyone and BIS with invaluable performance data.

Manual

Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need should is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know by submitting a ticket on our Development Tracker and we'll look to fix it.

Support Forum

For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on Skype or sign up to the forum on our website: http://alivemod.com/forum/

Release Highlights

• Military AI Commander: Asymmetric Warfare
  • CQB, Civ Pop, IED: Optional integration with Asymmetric Warfare
  • Military IED Threat: several bug fixes
  • Mil Placement Custom Objectives: various new options
  • ALiVE Server: Updated plugin and DLLs, please use!
  • Bug fixes and tweaks to several modules

Want to join our team?

We are still recruiting people that are interested in being part of a close knit dev team. We welcome anyone who fancies a go at SQF scripting, Javascript/PHP development (for War Room) and C++/C# development for our ALiVE extension. ALiVE is an opportunity to build your experience of any of these technologies in a fun mod development environment.

Disclaimer

ALiVE is still in BETA and subject to change. We may need to clear persistent database data from the War Room before major updates but we will try to let you know well in advance if this happens. We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

Work In Progress

We're now on the final few sprints in the run up to the official 1.0 release. The continuing focus is to ensure ALiVE is a intuitive and robust as we can make it. There are a lot of features we would like to enhance but it's abundantly clear we won't achieve all of them in the time frame we've set ourselves. A fair amount will depend on how this release goes and how much effort will be required to stabilise Asymmetric before moving on to other features.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?

Please feel free to donate! It costs us about $65 per month to run our War Room website and ALiVE Database servers. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

Congrats! :)

Will play around with this. Looking forward to get this old MSO vibe back. :)

I spy a dementor in the screenshot. :O

This is because of the way BIS modules collate date for artillery and round types they can have, which means we currently have to define them using a static class list (which is a horrible way to have to do it because you can't generically support mods). It's on our list of things to do to work around it but it'd need a bit of a rewrite of the artillery Combat Support module.

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. In that case I can consider my guys Alive compatible and release a update soon. :)

I spy a dementor in the screenshot. :O

This isn't UO :P

Congrats on release guys!