wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

been hearing a lot about the demo folder , where can i find it :D

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Its in the ALIVE folder where the addons folder is :)

Assymetric working fine on N'Ziwasogo. I haven't checked if it detects military objectives (that was a problem like 3 months ago). Need to use a TAOR over the whole map so you don't spawn objectives off map (there's a lot on the south side). But anyway I made some custom objectives for my "insurgency hotbeds" and they send the troops out to the civilian areas. I teleported over to one of these recruiting areas to see what was up, and sure enough its working.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/717538599320292326/92AD2D0FB11F059289D00E4E3DD26B7B3616C509/

Hey guys love the mod been testing it for a couple of days now. Just one question. I'm using Leights Iraq terrorists as the insurgents. And on the debug I am seeing them spawning recruitment bases and occasional road blocks. But I'm not seeing any ied or ied factory's spawning. Have followed the tutorial on the wiki and have the correct modules synced. Is it a issue with leights opfor itself or am I just missing something.

Question, if I am a player and I attack a OPCOM controlled obj...will the OPCOM attempt to chase me down and destroy me? Or are they just concerned with objectives?

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get persistence up and fully working. I thought I had it yesterday as the full Server Save and Exit feature actually worked, however after around 8 hours of the server being up and 2-3 hours of us playing, when I hit Server Save and Exit, it took around 30 minutes and when I put it up again this morning, it seems like nothing has saved and we are right back to where we started. I have all the right modules in with everything on persistence and it is also having no problem connecting to the ALiVE War Room. Help? :confused:

Hey guys love the mod been testing it for a couple of days now. Just one question. I'm using Leights Iraq terrorists as the insurgents. And on the debug I am seeing them spawning recruitment bases and occasional road blocks. But I'm not seeing any ied or ied factory's spawning. Have followed the tutorial on the wiki and have the correct modules synced. Is it a issue with leights opfor itself or am I just missing something.

I have the same problem. I have played hours n hours and not come across one IED. Even made the radius really small and walked around it. Still not seen one.

Question, if I am a player and I attack a OPCOM controlled obj...will the OPCOM attempt to chase me down and destroy me? Or are they just concerned with objectives?

Not specifically no.. if the AI that are spawned still have knowledge about your position they may attack (this is default BIS AI behaviour).. but OPCOM doesn't hunt you down.

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get persistence up and fully working. I thought I had it yesterday as the full Server Save and Exit feature actually worked, however after around 8 hours of the server being up and 2-3 hours of us playing, when I hit Server Save and Exit, it took around 30 minutes and when I put it up again this morning, it seems like nothing has saved and we are right back to where we started. I have all the right modules in with everything on persistence and it is also having no problem connecting to the ALiVE War Room. Help? :confused:

Is your server rented from a gameservice provider (ie: Vilayer or NFO)? We've had some issues recently with shared hosting services and the ALiVE performance monitor... that and the latest CBA release causes some issues.

We need to see your server's RPT file as well as the aliveserver.log (should be found in A3 directory or if not check @aliveserver\nlog.config file for location).

Not specifically no.. if the AI that are spawned still have knowledge about your position they may attack (this is default BIS AI behaviour).. but OPCOM doesn't hunt you down.

Is your server rented from a gameservice provider (ie: Vilayer or NFO)? We've had some issues recently with shared hosting services and the ALiVE performance monitor... that and the latest CBA release causes some issues.

We need to see your server's RPT file as well as the aliveserver.log (should be found in A3 directory or if not check @aliveserver\nlog.config file for location).

I have a NFO server you have to call them and have the open up the ports needed to communicate with the alive system they will do it and it just needs a server reset. you just need to give them the right ip from alive and ports needed

I have a NFO server you have to call them and have the open up the ports needed to communicate with the alive system they will do it and it just needs a server reset. you just need to give them the right ip from alive and ports needed

If this is the problem I'll love you. Can someone tell me what ports and IP I need?

I'll also get you the server's RPT and aliveserver.log.

Anyone wanna give me a quick explanation of how to do stop and search? Just point my gun at a civie or something? Walk up to him and check his inventory? What do I do if I find a gun on him? How do I determine who the politicians/priests are?

Anyone wanna give me a quick explanation of how to do stop and search? Just point my gun at a civie or something? Walk up to him and check his inventory? What do I do if I find a gun on him? How do I determine who the politicians/priests are?

Yep just walk up to them and use the "Search" action in the scrollmenu, you can find Civilian insurgents with stuff such as Vests to hold explosives on them. You can find out who is a politician/priest by walking around, if they are a special role then it will have an action in the scrollmenu such as "Talk to Politician".

And if I find a civilian with a vest do I shoot him? Or let him go? If I shoot him will that raise hostility or has he already been tagged as "OPFOR"?

I'm getting a strange error in trying to create a mission where two factions compete for control of a given area and I keep getting this error once I had added the second AI commander synced to a logistics module

"ALIVE ML - warning no OPCOM modules synced to military logistics module, nothing to do..."

Which is patently untrue as I have two separate military commander modules synced to military logistics modules, it only happened once I had added the second ai commander/logistics module that this started.

Greetings, why making a sort of free for all map between the AAF, CSAT, and NATO I found one issue with the random mission generator.

1. The insert troops mission spawns enemy troops rather then friendly to pick up.

2. As of the current build, you cannot add multiple enemy factions as part of the task generator. Meaning I can't put Opfor and Blufor on the same tasking for possible enemies. I have found a work around with this by creating two CSTAR modules and simply disabling the intel feed from one and making it strictly another task assigner. However, this causes them to give me two task at the same time, why is ok, I rather have it simply randomly give me a task around Altis.

Question,, which AI enhancement mod works best used with alive. Or does this mod cover tactical arguments ?

bCombat or Asr-ai-3 is what I was hopping will work.

Question,, which AI enhancement mod works best used with alive. Or does this mod cover tactical arguments ?

bCombat or Asr-ai-3 is what I was hopping will work.

I personally use ASR_AI - great results and Robaldo (ASR_AI author) has frequent updates some of which pertain specifically to the ALiVE updates and improvements. Just my thoughts though.

I personally use ASR_AI - great results and Robaldo (ASR_AI author) has frequent updates some of which pertain specifically to the ALiVE updates and improvements. Just my thoughts though.

I like this mod also because it doesn't take to much control over AI behavior. So this MOD is very friendly to all missions where others are not. But since ALiVE isnt a planned mission (meaning specific planned waypoints), then i would think many out there would work just as nice, which would be user preference at that point.

You can create your own AI setting using the AI module. I used it to create a poorly trained yet highly motivated set of African militia.

I have used ASR before (like a year ago) with satisfactory results. Though I prefer the ALIVE module for what I'm doing now. A lot easier for me to load up and tweak after observing engagements.

Greetings, why making a sort of free for all map between the AAF, CSAT, and NATO I found one issue with the random mission generator.

1. The insert troops mission spawns enemy troops rather then friendly to pick up.

2. As of the current build, you cannot add multiple enemy factions as part of the task generator. Meaning I can't put Opfor and Blufor on the same tasking for possible enemies. I have found a work around with this by creating two CSTAR modules and simply disabling the intel feed from one and making it strictly another task assigner. However, this causes them to give me two task at the same time, why is ok, I rather have it simply randomly give me a task around Altis.

Are you sure you have the "Friendly Faction" box setup correctly in the C2ISTAR module? Having an enemy faction or a mistyped faction can lead to enemies being spawnd

Ah okay, then I can continue to use it. Thank you for the extra heads up as well Reaper! That is good to know being a mission creator. Cheers!

bug report : game crash on altis when playing RHS , USA VS RUSSIA both force size set to 200 both obj set to defaults both TAORs set to 3000x2500 game crash with to desktop and says out of memory tested 5 times at least and got the same results , note this CTD shows only when using RHS 0.3.7 other factions\mods seems to work fine

game ver 1.42

mods installed

latest CBA

ALiVE

RHS 0.3.7

bug report : game crash on altis when playing RHS , USA VS RUSSIA both force size set to 200 both obj set to defaults both TAORs set to 3000x2500 game crash with to desktop and says out of memory tested 5 times at least and got the same results , note this CTD shows only when using RHS 0.3.7 other factions\mods seems to work fine

game ver 1.42

mods installed

latest CBA

ALiVE

RHS 0.3.7

This might be something on RHS's side, would post there just in case aswell.

This might be something on RHS's side, would post there just in case aswell.

Have setup a mission on takistan with RHS 0.3.7 and ALIVE and it's working well.

Server has been working for 12 hours or so.