wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

why? its running fine on my test.

Hmm that is odd. It just keep loading in the editor, never actually enters

its on altis (plus its filling up the whole map), give it some minutes

Edited by highhead
more details

Is there anyone here that has setup persistence before help me out? It won't function for me.

Mhh i am playing a while. But i didnt see an IED-Factory from the inurgents. I have syncd IED Modul with OPCOM as like in the guide. Maybe the problem is that i placed only a Civilan Objektivs placment Modul ?

I have also a suggestion, that you get Intel from some civilians/Informant or when searching the dead bodies after a firefight. About areas where might be some placement of the Insurgents.

greez

Is there anyone here that has setup persistence before help me out? It won't function for me.

I would suggest heading to the ALiVE forums. Lots of people can help you out there. When having issues, it helps immensely if you could post your rpt and any log files related to the issue.

don't know if its just me or is it ALiVE , but i still don't see any improvements to the OPCOM module the commander still use the same tactics no matter what objective value is set

i don't think a commander sends only 2 tanks to attack an army ... yes this happened to me just now the commander sent only 2 tanks for the first and only wave and waited almost 30 minutes watching other friendly units patrolling only is this is normal or im doing something wrong?

Arma 3. 1.42 ( yes Marksman installed )

alive 9.7

cba rc6

placed 2 TAOR rectangles each one is 900x1100 one over altis airbase and the other one over stravos and covering other cites nearby

1 MP module and 1 CP module each force size set on 400 and objective values set to defaults ( tried other obj settings too )

2 OPCOMS and each placement module synced to 1 OPCOM ( logistics included )

bluf_f vs opf_f , bluf_f opcom set on invasion while the opf_f set on occupation

im the blue side , my commander sent only 1 tank section ( 2 slammers ) to attack an army of CSAT and ... well the slammers got beaten very badly after that both commander step aside and giving no orders and the other units doing nothing but patrolling altis for over 30 minutes then i aborted the mission

can anyone tell me why?

brilliant work the Asymmetric mode :D

Cholo can you try setting both OPCOM modules to Occupation and see if it makes any difference re: amount of forces sent to attack? Also post your RPT file to pastebin and link back here perhaps we'll find something out of sorts....

Sorry Mannulus see you already posted on ALiVE forums... please ignore :p

As Dixon13 mentioned create an account here and post your issue along with any log files.

A few items:

- must be run on Windows server (Linux support for persistence still a WIP)

- you must have a War Room account up and running

- you must be on a dedicated server with a static IP address (if not static you'll need to update IP in War Room every time it changes)

http://alivemod.com/forum/

Edited by SavageCDN

Well I HAVE posted to the forums. It's just very slow. I don't have any logs I am suppose to have. I checked inside the whole C:\Users\username\AppData\local\Arma3\ section but there is no logs that I am suppose to have there. This is so frustrating.

hey mannu

sorry if you havent received an answer yet, i was quite engaged with this release.

can you post the mission (please remove mods to iron out incompatibility issues). i will take a look then!

thanks

Well I HAVE posted to the forums. It's just very slow. I don't have any logs I am suppose to have. I checked inside the whole C:\Users\username\AppData\local\Arma3\ section but there is no logs that I am suppose to have there. This is so frustrating.

Check my post on alivemod.com/forum

don't know if its just me or is it ALiVE , but i still don't see any improvements to the OPCOM module the commander still use the same tactics no matter what objective value is set

i don't think a commander sends only 2 tanks to attack an army ... yes this happened to me just now the commander sent only 2 tanks for the first and only wave and waited almost 30 minutes watching other friendly units patrolling only is this is normal or im doing something wrong?

Arma 3. 1.42 ( yes Marksman installed )

alive 9.7

cba rc6

placed 2 TAOR rectangles each one is 900x1100 one over altis airbase and the other one over stravos and covering other cites nearby

1 MP module and 1 CP module each force size set on 400 and objective values set to defaults ( tried other obj settings too )

2 OPCOMS and each placement module synced to 1 OPCOM ( logistics included )

bluf_f vs opf_f , bluf_f opcom set on invasion while the opf_f set on occupation

im the blue side , my commander sent only 1 tank section ( 2 slammers ) to attack an army of CSAT and ... well the slammers got beaten very badly after that both commander step aside and giving no orders and the other units doing nothing but patrolling altis for over 30 minutes then i aborted the mission

can anyone tell me why?

brilliant work the Asymmetric mode :D

no thats not normal, have you synced the opcoms to the opposing placement modules?

Check my post on alivemod.com/forum

I found some stuff, I pasted it there instead of here to keep things tidy.

thanks for reply , problem solved by reinstalling the whole game :D

Well I HAVE posted to the forums. It's just very slow.

I see what you mean it is unusually slow. I replied to the thread hopefully it shows up soon :p

Congrats on another great release guys! I was wondering if this update includes indexing for Kunduz :D

Congrats on another great release guys! I was wondering if this update includes indexing for Kunduz :D

No index for Kunduz this time, it's receiving daily updates so they are gonna wait till it stabilizes.

Ah thats a good plan thanks for the info! Are there any extra indexed maps for this update :)

Ah thats a good plan thanks for the info! Are there any extra indexed maps for this update :)

I do not believe so unless one sneaked by the roadmap.

Would you agree that ALIVE works just as great on maps like FATA then Altis? Specially for Insurgent new system? Just wondering if there are any benefits sticking to Altis rather than other maps

The Game-Idea works ! Great Job !! Only some Details in the placement, but its the first release with this gameplay.

Also RHS Faction works now. But it seems like alive sometimes spawn Woodland-Unit instead of the desert ones (I place as Faction: rhs_faction_usarmy_d)

The new Asymmetric Warfare is a heck of a awesome job, works like a charm.

Still, I am having this with every mission when I open Zeus for the first time.

http://i.imgur.com/zf0pErk.jpg

I dont have a clue why I am having this.

Thankfully resolved my issue from yesterday.

Question though, Is there any way to edit how many units are spawned in? I have a placement module spawning no units and the other only spawning 30. Yet, within 15 minutes the center of the map (Takistan btw) is crawling with enemy patrols. They look more like an occupational force than an insurgency.

Thankfully resolved my issue from yesterday.

Question though, Is there any way to edit how many units are spawned in? I have a placement module spawning no units and the other only spawning 30. Yet, within 15 minutes the center of the map (Takistan btw) is crawling with enemy patrols. They look more like an occupational force than an insurgency.

ALiVE spawns AI in groups, not units. So for example if you set Infantry to 5 then it will spawn 5 groups of AI, with the group sizes ranging from 4 to 10 AI each.

This^ 30 Groups is a lot! You probably want 4 or 5 in that scenario.

Alternatively you can manually place a group or two on the map, make sure they're profiled (e.g. sync to Virtual AI Module set to profile all synced units) and the AI Commander will pick them up. Be in mind they will need to secure at least one objective before they will proliferate and start recruiting new insurgents so don't give them too hard a job to begin with.

Hey guys any feedback from my map question earlier?

Also during the search/arrest. What is the purpose of arresting them? Are you supposed to do something with them? I had the unit follow me all the way back to base but it never did anything so eventually i let him go? He had a suicide vest on which i ended up taking the explosives from...