roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Does PO4 have an integral earplugs script or is that something that will have to be edited in?

No, but there has been a request to add it in when ACE is not detected.

• Like 2

Hello, I'm having trouble finding where to find the view distance settings... and where to accept people request for roles... Am I missing something?

It does not exist in the current beta. It will be in a future update.

On 18/04/2018 at 9:21 PM, Blackheart_Six said:

I found this revive system. Works pretty well from what I've seen. 

To disable Patrol Ops 4 Revive System:

1. Edit description.ext. 

respawnTemplates[] = {"ReviveMP","RespawnMP"}; //REMOVE "ReviveMP"

[.....]

Hey Blackheart, been trying to implement this but running into a problem when pasting the AIS scripting into description.ext.

It doesn't like that there are two iterations of class CfgFunctions, saying that the member is already defined, and as I know jack about coding I can't figure out the syntax to get it to #include both "mpsf\cfgFunctions.hpp" and "AIS\cfgFunctions.hpp".

Do I need to rename one of them, e.g. "AIS\AIScfgFunctions.hpp"?

Z3Z

class CfgFunctions 
{
#include "mpsf\cfgFunctions.hpp"
#include "AIS\cfgFunctions.hpp"
};

#include "AIS\Effects\BarDlg.hpp"

Tips:

I put all my #include statements that are NOT inside a class together at the top of the description.ext.

Any time you add a script that needs a duplicate class, like cfgFunctions, just copy everything between the brackets {}.

Thanks Blackheart, seems to be doing the trick - WhatsApp'd a programmer friend of mine too, who replied in pretty much the same moment with the exact same thing, which was spooky. Although he did also say his employer would shoot him for putting #include inside a class definition.... all a bit over my head, just glad it's working!

Edited by Zulu Three Zero
Employer, not employed

I would say hopefully one final question, but we all know that's rubbish - have tried implementing various methods of recruiting AI, including external scripts such as Bon's Infantry Recruitment Redux and Simple AI Recruitment Script, but given my aforementioned neanderthality when it comes to code, haven't had any joy (seems copy-pasting the code for the redeploy flag and changing its Item number and init to the Recruit AI, located right next to the redeploy flag, didn't do the trick.

I had noticed that Roy had previously said Zeus is present within PO4 - any tips as to how to activate it? Wouldn't be playing God, apart from spawning some BLUFOR AI within the squad. Many thanks!

Let me look at that. I am just now getting back into PO4. Setting up a base at the moment.

As far as I know, zeus should be nothing more than dropping the game master module on the map. Put a name, in the variable name of the unit you want to be zeus. Then add that name to the owner in the game master module.

Testing locally, zeus is working.

RecruitMP is not available yet. So anything to do with that in PO4 is inop. I am not sure how a 3rd party script effects PO4.

This aspect of the mission and game is tricky because of the revive, and respawn implications.

I would do a test mission to implement the 3rd party script. Or use the scripts demo mission. Figure out how it works, then bring it in to PO4, and test.

Bon's seemed very simple to implement (copy the folder into the mission folder, add a few lines to the description.ext and init.sqf), it was just the placing of an interactive object I was having a problem with. The install info says to add the following line to the object you wish to use as a spawner:

this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>Recruit Infantry</t>", "bon_recruit_units\open_dialog.sqf"];

My initial plan was to add it to the init for the re-deploy flag, within the mission SQM:

Spoiler

class Item133
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={15191.625,21.881807,17347.125};
					};
					side="Empty";
					flags=5;
					class Attributes
					{
						init="[""addRedeployPoint"",[this]] call MPSF_fnc_respawnMP;" \n "this setFlagTexture ""mpsf\data\titles\patrolops_overview_co.paa"";";
					};
					id=1;
					type="Flag_NATO_F";
				};

However, I wasn't sure of the syntax to have the flag act as both the redeploy and the recruitment.

Plan B was to copy-paste the class info for the redeploy flag, replace the init= with the bon_recruit_units code, renumber the class (think last item named was 154), move its location by 1 (presumably 1m in the X-axis on the map) and insert it at the end of the SQM, which looked something like this:

Spoiler

class Item154
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={15192.625,21.881807,17347.125};
					};
					side="Empty";
					flags=5;
					class Attributes
					{
						init="this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>Recruit Infantry</t>", "bon_recruit_units\open_dialog.sqf"];"
					};
					id=1;
					type="Flag_NATO_F";
				};

No joy. As I say, simply inserting the code for the recruitment into the code for the redeploy flag seemed simplest, and it's probably a piece of cake for anyone who knows anything about coding, but me not C++ so good. If this is even C++ :eh:

There shouldn't be any impacts using BON_Inf scripts, but I can't assist with intergrating them. Need to focus on getting PO4 updated and out.

Below is a teaser of the status of RecruitMP which is being prepared as part of the next planned update including the functioning role/squad management.

I'm just going through the testing of the package and fixing some things with reviveMP on AI.

• Like 3

Looks good! I know you must be fed up with people asking whenwhenwhenwhenwhen about everything, but super-conservative, worst case guesstimate? Manage my expectations!

Sorry Roy, first thing that popped into my  head was, Jethro Tull's Aqualung...LOL

Looks good, THANKS for the Vid!

7 hours ago, Zulu Three Zero said:

Bon's seemed very simple to implement (copy the folder into the mission folder, add a few lines to the description.ext and init.sqf), it was just the placing of an interactive object I was having a problem with. The install info says to add the following line to the object you wish to use as a spawner:

this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>Recruit Infantry</t>", "bon_recruit_units\open_dialog.sqf"];

My initial plan was to add it to the init for the re-deploy flag, within the mission SQM:

Reveal hidden contents

class Item133
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={15191.625,21.881807,17347.125};
					};
					side="Empty";
					flags=5;
					class Attributes
					{
						init="[""addRedeployPoint"",[this]] call MPSF_fnc_respawnMP;" \n "this setFlagTexture ""mpsf\data\titles\patrolops_overview_co.paa"";";
					};
					id=1;
					type="Flag_NATO_F";
				};

However, I wasn't sure of the syntax to have the flag act as both the redeploy and the recruitment.

Plan B was to copy-paste the class info for the redeploy flag, replace the init= with the bon_recruit_units code, renumber the class (think last item named was 154), move its location by 1 (presumably 1m in the X-axis on the map) and insert it at the end of the SQM, which looked something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

class Item154
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={15192.625,21.881807,17347.125};
					};
					side="Empty";
					flags=5;
					class Attributes
					{
						init="this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>Recruit Infantry</t>", "bon_recruit_units\open_dialog.sqf"];"
					};
					id=1;
					type="Flag_NATO_F";
				};

No joy. As I say, simply inserting the code for the recruitment into the code for the redeploy flag seemed simplest, and it's probably a piece of cake for anyone who knows anything about coding, but me not C++ so good. If this is even C++ :eh:

I recommend you don't edit the mission.sqm.

Do everything from the eden editor if possible for anything being written to the mission.sqm. The editor will add/subtract correct "item" numbers, and classes. You can corrupt the mission.sqm very quickly, and destroy your whole mission. EXPERIENCE!

Add your code to the init field of the flag pole, or create a recruitment center using a cargo house.

• Thanks 1

Z30,

Bon's recruit worked good for me in MP editor. I haven't tested on a dedicated. Addaction was there, and action completed. I used the medical cargo house as the place to put the addAction line, but you should be able to put in the flagpole, as it is only an addAction command. The object doesn't really matter in this case.

Installation:

The installation procedure remains identical to the original version.

Place the folder "bon_recruit_units" in your root mission folder.

For the "init.sqf", place the following line to initialize the server and client scripts:

[] execVM "bon_recruit_units\init.sqf";

For the "description.ext", place the following lines for the recruitment GUI.

#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\common.hpp"
#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\recruitment.hpp"

In an object's initialization field (such as a flag), add:

• Thanks 1

Once I've finished the squad mod integration it will be ready to go. Right now it is working, just not happy with the UI design

• Like 1

Hi Roy, 

Sounds great. Just curious, no worries if not possible, but can the framework download get updated? I understand if it's too wrapped into PO4 at this point. 

OT....

Have you ever built your own drone?

1 hour ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Hi Roy, 

Sounds great. Just curious, no worries if not possible, but can the framework download get updated? I understand if it's too wrapped into PO4 at this point. 

OT....

Have you ever built your own drone?

Framework is already being packaged as a standalone. Mod version already being rolled out through steam workshop and scripted version is following. You'll notice drastic changes to the file structure in the next PO4 update related to that.

Started building my own back in 2005. Used to have a small business doing it before selling up and working with a commercial operator.

Aren't we all..... but looking at the scope, and magnitude of the effort by one person, I'll wait. It will be worth it. 

IMHO...the sun is setting on Arma 3. Arma 4 is over the horizon, which will be the enfusion engine. I don't how much of a game changer that is from a coding stand point.  I think 24 months of Arma 3(left) with overlap to Arma 4. 

It would be a shame to put forth a great effort, with a short shelf life. 

• Like 1

Ha I was only thinking this the other day. 

Arma3 finishing up. And po4 will only be dropping. Least it is a great time filler for between this and the possible next iteration. 

I think your timeframe for a maybe Arma4 is a little on the optimistic side. 

Hi, what files/lines do I have to change in order for ACE_Medical to fully work with this mission?

We've set 'ReviveMP' to disabled in the parameters, but it seemed the revive system was active and we couldn't heal ourselves just with ACE items.

Doc, 

Try this....

To disable Patrol Ops 4 Revive System:

1. Edit description.ext. 

respawnTemplates[] = {"ReviveMP","RespawnMP"}; //REMOVE "ReviveMP"

2. Edit the root configuration.hpp. 

class CfgReviveMP {

enabled = 1;   //SET TO ZERO

3. Edit MPSF/params/param_reviviemp.hpp

class ParamReviveMPenable {

title = "Revive MP";

values[] = {0,1};