roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

is there any way to revert to vanilla revive/ace revive, i really like the mission so far, only the broken revive/pseudo ace medical thing is not really well working(scrollwheel actions etc) blurry vision after revive but allready on bugtracker... and the mission needs random patrols, it feels way to static at this point.

the other bugs like the role selection etc is allready listed on the bugtracker

Yes there is. In the root configuration.hpp,

class CfgRespawnMP {
	enabled = 1;
	MHQLimit = 3;
	MHQvehicles[] = {
		"B_Truck_01_box_F","B_MRAP_01_F"
		,"O_Truck_03_repair_F","O_MRAP_02_F"
		,"I_Truck_02_box_F","I_MRAP_03_F"
	};
	class west {
		respawn[] = {"Base","Group","Rallypoint","Countdown"}; // ,"Wave","Spectator","Trigger"
		respawnTimer = 120;
		redeploy[] = {"Base","Group","Halo","Rallypoint"};
		redeployVehicles[] = {"Base","Halo"};
		redeployDelay = 10;
	};
	class east: west {};
	class resistance: west {};
};

class CfgReviveMP {
	enabled = 1;
	enableSkipBleedout = 1;
	RequireItems[] = {"FirstAidKit","MedKit"};
	RequireItemsFullHeal[] = {"MedKit"};
	RemoveItems[] = {"FirstAidKit"};
	RequireMedicTrait = 0;
	ReviveTimer = 6;
	ReviveTimerMedicSpeed = 1.5;
	ReviveBleedout = 300;
	ReviveDamageMultiplier = 0.8;
};

Set enabled = 0;

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m0nkm0nk said:

Yeah, noticed that too. Annoying :P Any workaround?

Not that I am aware of. I haven't dug into it.

A temporary work around to the ACRE radio issue....

Open inventory, place radio on the ground, and then pick up again. 

Or

Open radio(Alt-Crtl-Capslock). 

I have not tested on dedicated server. 

TFR has same radio issue. it says you cant use radio now. and dropping it or replacing it doesnt work

also when i collect intel from bodies or find it on the ground i cant use it in the screen thing

Life,

Are you logged in as admin, to access the mission center?

I found an additional work around to ACRE. I can't speak for TFAR, since I don't use it.

Disable ReviveMP and RespawnMP in the root configuration.hpp.

Disable ReviveMP in the parameters.hpp

Edit your description.ext and remove RespawnMP and ReviveMP templates from RespawnTemplates = {}; and add menuPosition.

Test. I have mine working now on my DS.

yes im logged as admin, Im now guessing thats the problem?

wont disabling the revive and respawn stop you from reviving people or respawning?  Yep im dumb.

Edited by lifeundone

You need to be logged in as admin to use the mission center.

Disabling ReviveMP and RespawnMP will stop using the A3 MPSF framework. You will use BI's default system.

thanks for the help you are awesome man. Im having so much fun playing with this map. i would like to learn more about the scripts because they work so well together. 

• Like 1

Your welcome.

Roy is a very good programmer. I think PO3 is a testament to that, and PO4 will lead to better things, like the A3 MPSF. Documentation is a little lacking right now, but has to wait until the final product.

Read the scripts, especially the taskmaster, and mission files.

Another thing that missing from the mission is a repair and rearm point for vehicles .

Trying to add an aimsway parameter and getting some trouble.

Help is much appreciated.

Error I'm getting.

Spoiler

10:43:11 Error in expression <ll BIS_fnc_getParamValue) / 10;
_player setCustomAimCoef _coef;
_player setUnitR>
10:43:11   Error position: <setCustomAimCoef _coef;
_player setUnitR>
10:43:11   Error setcustomaimcoef: Type Number, expected Object
10:43:11 File mpsf\params\fn_setMissionAimSway.sqf [MPSF_Param_fnc_setMissionAimSway], line 13
10:43:11 "Cfg Processed: CfgWeapons | Time to complete: 0.144043"
10:43:11 "Cfg Processed: CfgMagazines | Time to complete: 0.0219727"
10:43:11 "Cfg Processed: CfgVehicles | Time to complete: 0.0327148"
10:43:11 "Cfg Processed: CfgGlasses | Time to complete: 0.00634766"
10:43:11 "[SA]Reed/BIS_fnc_log: [BIS_fnc_preload] ----- Scripts initialized at 2301.76 ms -----"
10:43:23  Mission id: ed08560877a4a60483990ec1969446b35dfb5b94
10:43:23 "[SA]Reed/BIS_fnc_log: [BIS_fnc_selectRespawnTemplate] onPlayerRespawn template 'RespawnMP' executed from function 'MPSF_fnc_RespawnMPEH'"

Param_aimsway.hpp

Spoiler

class MPSFPlayerAimSway {
	title = "    Player Aiming Sway:";
	values[] = {100,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10};
	texts[] = {"default","0","0.1","0.2","0.3","0.4","0.5","0.6","0.7","0.8","0.9","1.0"};
	default = 2;
	function = "MPSF_Param_fnc_setMissionAimSway";
};

fn_setMissionAimSway.sqf

Spoiler

/*
	Description:
	This function updates the misison parameter type
		- PARAM Only
*/
if !(hasInterface) exitWith {};

_this spawn {
	params ["_player","_coef"];
	waitUntil {!(isNull player)};

_coef = ("PARAM_AimSway" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue) / 10;
		_player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0.2 + _coef;
			["MPSF_AimSway_onRespawn_EH","onRespawn",{
		_coef = ("PARAM_AimSway" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue) / 10;
		_player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0.2 + _coef;
			}] call MPSF_fnc_addEventHandler;
			};

true;

I also added to cfgFunctions.hpp and params.hpp as appropriate.

Thanks for any help.

Reed

Added :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Excellent.

Thank you Roy.

Thanks Blackheart for helping me along.

Reed

• Like 1

Hi Life, 

Try this and let me know if it works. It has not been tested. The price for unlawful carnal knowledge. :-)

1. Find the file 

fn_operations.sqf in MPSF\functions\Mission directory. 

Line 660:

["PO4_Operation_onIntelCreateOp_EH","onIntelCreateOp",{ if ([player] call MPSF_fnc_isAdmin) then { ["MPSF_oncreateIntelOperation"] call BIS_fnc_showNotification; }; }] call MPSF_fnc_addEventHandler;

Change it to: 

["PO4_Operation_onIntelCreateOp_EH","onIntelCreateOp",{ if ([player] call MPSF_fnc_isAdmin)|| if (player isEqualTo "B_Soldier_TL_F") then { ["MPSF_oncreateIntelOperation"] call BIS_fnc_showNotification; }; }] call MPSF_fnc_addEventHandler;

The syntax may be incorrect. 

BACK UP YOUR FILE or know what you change. 

fn_operations.sqf in MPSF\functions\Mission directory. 

Line 660:

I think the syntax should be 

["PO4_Operation_onIntelCreateOp_EH","onIntelCreateOp",{ if ([player] call MPSF_fnc_isAdmin)|| if (typeOf player isEqualTo "B_Soldier_TL_F") then { ["MPSF_oncreateIntelOperation"] call BIS_fnc_showNotification; }; }] call MPSF_fnc_addEventHandler;

you were only missing the typeOf in the unit check.

Really liking what's available so far, however I have a few questions regarding some issues I've run into.

-Is there more to changing an enemy then just editing the factions file?  I've experimented with a few different ones, with mixed results.  They spawn in fine, but as an example with the current one I have in, the encounters don't drop intel, or have a search option, just the body bag one.
- Also with regards to changing enemies, what is the story with the "sides" setting?  (Side 0, side 3, etc).  Is this an Arma thing, or something you've done?  It seems to follow it's own rules, as if I replace the CSAT units with IND_F units, they just murder eachother as soon as they spawn, and setting IND and OPFOR as friends in the mission doesn't stop it.  

- is it possible to get a bit of an explanation on how some of the squads are setup in the file?  I noted that Insurgent squads are setup differently, having a CSAT soldier and a syndikat one in their own brackets, which seems to make a syndikat guy have a CSAT model?  does putting units in that way cause them to merge or something, with normal setup just resulting in.. normalness?

- Are the currently avalible mission parameters still WIP?  Some seem to work, some don't.  Time accel doesn't seem to, nor does weather changing.  Fatigue disable only seems to work on self hosting, but not dedicated.

- Is your InitPlayerLocal setup a special way?  As it seems adding any other things into it causes it to freak out, as I tried to bring over a damage reduction script as well as an init for GOM's aircraft loadouts, and it either just ignores the line, or throws an error.  Or breaks intel pickup.  

Looking forward to more updates though, enjoying this alot more then PO3, and I quite enjoyed that as it is.  The constant onslaught of enemies in patrol ops 3 got a bit hectic at times, the style this one uses is far better for the smaller group I play with.

hi @Fal Soram I am sure al ot of these issues are being addressed and should be either fixed or tweaked int he next release. this is the first Beta on PO4 so there are some fetaures not yet implemented.

I am sure the fatigue parmaeter is being fixed inthe next release.

body bags and bosy searching are bugged right now. there is also supposed to be a towing and helo lift script using a variant of Dudas' excellent advanced towwing/lifting/rapelling mods - these are also missing on dedicated servers yet sohw up on hosted ones.

I have not changed enemy factions so cannot answer that question.

To change facitons you will be best to look at MPSF\configuration\cfgFactions.hpp

in initServer.sqf is the faction allegiance settings this is where I suggest looking to see what spawned units are attacking each other.

in cfgFactions the unit faction type e.g. O_, B_, I_ does not matter as they will be spawned depending on the side value e.g blue=1, red=2, civ=3.

If you look closely you will see some I_ units inside the blue pacific squads.

civilian setFriend [west,1];
civilian setFriend [east,1];
east setFriend [west,0];
east setFriend [resistance,0];
resistance setFriend [west,0];
resistance setFriend [east,0];
west setFriend [east,0];
west setFriend [resistance,0];

hope that helps if you have other queries please ask.

@KevsNoTrev Thanks!  Yeah, I knew to look into the cfgFactions.hpp file, it was just changing them that seemed to cause issues, although I was overwriting the current ones, I may try and create a whole new entry.  Thanks for explaining where the sides setting is, that will help alot.  

With regards to intel and such, if searching is hit and miss, is there a way to get around this so it doesn't stall a mission?  Is there a way to make those physical intel item drops more common?