Jump to content
roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Recommended Posts

On 3/8/2017 at 7:50 PM, sarakgaming said:

Hello,

Does anyone have a version on tanoa working good ?

 

 

I can possibly spin up one for you over the weekend but I would prefer to seek Roy86's permission before I release it to you to host.  

 

I don't own any of the work portrayed in this official release, I merely cut, copy, paste and edit the work that is already released in this thread by the OP and port to other maps for myself and Dropbear to tamper with on a private server.  

 

An example is the work myself and Dropbear have done in this thread on these forums Unsung We don't own the work, merely 'borrowed' Roy86's work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I would like it if someone put Patrol Ops 3.1 - NATO with the Arma 3 Virtual Arsenal along with giving everyone vehicle access? Thanks. I really would love it if someone put this. I am also new to Arma 3 coming from Arma 2 and Arma Gold and I cannot do as much scripting or coding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First one is easy......

 

1. Place a ammo box.

2. Insert in the init area.

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

 

Giving access to all vehicles takes a little more editing. You have to find the function controlling that, and REM it out. 

Try this....It's been awhile since I messed with PO3. 

1. Open data\cfgFunctions.hpp

2. Find the line "class isDriver" and REM it out by putting //.

//class isDriver

I don't have PO3 loaded, so I don't know if that will work. It's a good time to learn how to edit! :drinking:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackheart_Six said:

First one is easy......

 

1. Place a ammo box.

2. Insert in the init area.


0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

 

Giving access to all vehicles takes a little more editing. You have to find the function controlling that, and REM it out. 

Try this....It's been awhile since I messed with PO3. 

1. Open data\cfgFunctions.hpp

2. Find the line "class isDriver" and REM it out by putting //.


//class isDriver

I don't have PO3 loaded, so I don't know if that will work. It's a good time to learn how to edit! :drinking:

what do you mean by REM???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REMark out.

 

2 ways to REM out....

 

// for individual lines

 

To REM out sections... put a /* at the beginning of section. Then a */ that the end. 

 

The best way to learn....

1. Make a copy of the file or mission. 

2. Download a code editor or use notepad.

3. Open a file and check it out. 

4. Break it, fix it. Wash rinse repeat.

/*
Everything between /* */ will not be read or acted upon. 
class handleSupplybox;
class isDraggable;
class isDragged;
class isDriver;
*/

//Each line with double slash will not be read or acted upon. 
class isLiftable;
class isLifted;
//class isLoadable;
class isLoaded;
class isTowed;

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

REMark out.

 

2 ways to REM out....

 

// for individual lines

 

To REM out sections... put a /* at the beginning of section. Then a */ that the end. 

 

The best way to learn....

1. Make a copy of the file or mission. 

2. Download a code editor or use notepad.

3. Open a file and check it out. 

4. Break it, fix it. Wash rinse repeat.

 

 

I can't seem to edit the PO3 on ArmA 3. Can you help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to see if there's going to be any further updates for this? A lot of servers seem to have moved back to I&A. :\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone make a Patrol Ops where I can use the Arma 3 Virtual Arsenal with every gun inside it along with anyone using a vehicle? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blue92 said:

Looking to see if there's going to be any further updates for this? A lot of servers seem to have moved back to I&A. :\

 

Not to PO3. PO4 is coming. Just updating the task system before releasing it to community testers.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roy86 said:

 

Not to PO3. PO4 is coming. Just updating the task system before releasing it to community testers.

 

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

First one is easy......

 

1. Place a ammo box.

2. Insert in the init area.


0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

 

Giving access to all vehicles takes a little more editing. You have to find the function controlling that, and REM it out. 

Try this....It's been awhile since I messed with PO3. 

1. Open data\cfgFunctions.hpp

2. Find the line "class isDriver" and REM it out by putting //.


//class isDriver

I don't have PO3 loaded, so I don't know if that will work. It's a good time to learn how to edit! :drinking:

Yeah I cannot do that apparently.. Can you make a mission file foe it please? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

First one is easy......

 

1. Place a ammo box.

2. Insert in the init area.


0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

 

Giving access to all vehicles takes a little more editing. You have to find the function controlling that, and REM it out. 

Try this....It's been awhile since I messed with PO3. 

1. Open data\cfgFunctions.hpp

2. Find the line "class isDriver" and REM it out by putting //.


//class isDriver

I don't have PO3 loaded, so I don't know if that will work. It's a good time to learn how to edit! :drinking:

what do you mean place ammo box? I cannot go to the editor with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see other people sharing their thoughts to help others with this brilliant mission that has been shared by roy86.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sam Bear said:

what do you mean place ammo box? I cannot go to the editor with this.

 

You need pbo manager etc or something that can open the mission.  Think of a .pbo file like a .zip, you need to 'unzip' .pbo mission so it extracts the 'zip' into a folder so you can edit it.  That folder is then placed into the "my documents"\arma3 other profiles\*your profile*\missions directory to be edited in the editor.

 

I might upload a vanilla edit of 3.1 Nato later, maybe as a .zip file so all you need to do is extract it into the above mentioned mydocs**** so you can edit, however when you export it in the editor, it will automatically .pbo the mission into your steamapps\common\arma3\mpmissions folder.  

 

but hey.....what would I know? I'm just a noob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2017 at 0:17 PM, Sam Bear said:

what do you mean place ammo box? I cannot go to the editor with this.

Here is a step by step method. 

 

1. Download cox_patrol-ops-3-01_v20140307.altis.7z from Armaholic. Google Patrol ops 3 armaholic. 
2. Unzip the file. 
3. Goto "thisPC/Downloads/cox_patrol-ops-3-01_v20140307.altis/Unpacked" directory. 
4. Copy the folder for the side you want to edit. I.E. nato. 
5. Paste the folder in "thisPC/documents/arma3/mpmissions". If you don't have a folder called mpmissions, create one. 
6. Start Arma 3. From the main screen go Multiplayer ----> Server Browser -----> Host Server. 
7. Leave all the information as default, and press "HOST SERVER" button. 
8. Under MAPS, select "Altis". 
9. You should see Patrol Ops 3.1 - NATO is the list of mission. It will be colored blue. This means you have to import it before you can edit it. 
10. Select <<New - 3D Editor>> at the top of list of Missions. 
11. After the editor opens, go "Scenario --->Open". 
12. In the open dialog, you should see a grayed out name "cox_patrol-ops-3-0...". Click on it, and select import button. 
13. Say ok to the dialog, and then the editor will open with PO3 loaded.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just flicking through my old PO3 missions and seeing all the changes and shit i made i cant wait to jump into PO4 and fuck around with it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samsung announced the new Galaxy S8 after big "explosion" they had earlier last year. Seems like one sexy phone I would say.

I also would like say I can't wait to see PO4 to play. It's like a toy you heard about it for long time and you crave it so much yet it didn't even hit the warehouse yet. ;D

So, does anyone have any news about PO4?

My team is trying to hold a training session in PO3 with ACE and we are getting problems with medical.

On the website it says PO3 is compatible with ACE so I'm assuming that I did something one.

Anyone have any wild guesses? I will take any!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a complete noob to hosting a Patrol Ops 3 server, or any Arma 3 server for that matter. I have no idea where to edit the various settings of Patrol Ops 3.

 

I want to edit vehicle and player respawn timers. I would like to lock the HQ Commander slot to be Admin only, and is there a way to permanently change which classes can be Drivers/Pilots without having to use the SquadMod PDA every time the server loads?

 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WolfFullSail said:

I am a complete noob to hosting a Patrol Ops 3 server, or any Arma 3 server for that matter. I have no idea where to edit the various settings of Patrol Ops 3.

 

I want to edit vehicle and player respawn timers. I would like to lock the HQ Commander slot to be Admin only, and is there a way to permanently change which classes can be Drivers/Pilots without having to use the SquadMod PDA every time the server loads?

 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

 

 

I'd advise just waiting patiently for PO4.  PO3 has been passed up by many changes in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2017 at 8:34 PM, Axion said:

Samsung announced the new Galaxy S8 after big "explosion" they had earlier last year. Seems like one sexy phone I would say.

I also would like say I can't wait to see PO4 to play. It's like a toy you heard about it for long time and you crave it so much yet it didn't even hit the warehouse yet. ;D

So, does anyone have any news about PO4?

My team is trying to hold a training session in PO3 with ACE and we are getting problems with medical.

On the website it says PO3 is compatible with ACE so I'm assuming that I did something one.

Anyone have any wild guesses? I will take any!

Hey Axion,

 

Task system re-write complete. Testing and performance optimisation in progress and I've begun preparing the beta packs for community testing. (Taskmaster, ReviveMP, RespawnMP, RecruitMP, SquadManager, VirtualArmoury, VirtualDepot) and notifications to those communities involved will follow.

PO3 was compatible with ACE when built at the time. ACE has changed a lot since then so I cannot ensure it still is. I've stopped all support for PO3 as it was taking up way to much time to help debug for people and I'd rather focus on getting PO4 ready.

 

Cheers,

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, roy86 said:

Hey Axion,

 

Task system re-write complete. Testing and performance optimisation in progress and I've begun preparing the beta packs for community testing. (Taskmaster, ReviveMP, RespawnMP, RecruitMP, SquadManager, VirtualArmoury, VirtualDepot) and notifications to those communities involved will follow.

PO3 was compatible with ACE when built at the time. ACE has changed a lot since then so I cannot ensure it still is. I've stopped all support for PO3 as it was taking up way to much time to help debug for people and I'd rather focus on getting PO4 ready.

 

Cheers,

 

YES!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×