Winfield

[MP]Patrol Ops 3.1 ported for Unsung Vietnam (WIP)

Both Dropbear and myself (with permission from roy86) would like to announce a port of Patrol Ops 3.1 for Unsung Vietnam.

Untitled_zpsmcpexx6h.jpg

AI enemy units have been changed out to VC and tests so far have been going well.  

Time has been restricted for work on this conversion, however so far running it on our 2 servers over the last week or so, have proven successful.

We feel that the work so far is ready for release to the public so that mission makers\editors can download and edit the mission to suit their server.

Over the course of the coming weeks, any bugs that arise with the missions (that are not already reported in roy86's official patrol ops 3.1) please let me know and I will see what I can do to find a fix.

Unit modification I found to be quite simple (thanks to 86) who simplified the original scripts for Patrol Ops 3.1

OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN\NZ Mission Server Details

Name: Patrol Ops 3.1 Unsung

Server IP Details: 103.231.90.10

Server Port: 2462

Teamspeak 3 Address: 103.231.91.35:10041

Vanilla Edit requires: Unsung Vietnam and CBA_A3 to function

Vanilla Edit Patrol Ops 3.1 (Dropbox) <Updated 05/03/17>

Modded Version requires: Unsung Vietnam, CBA_A3, ACE3, Task Force Radio, ALiVE. 

Modded Version of Patrol Ops 3.1 (Dropbox)

CREDITS

Would not be possible with out the contributions to the arma3 community from 

Eighty Six (roy86)

Unsung Vietnam Modders

And respect to those who inspired Eighty Six to make an awesome mission for the community.

It wouldn't be fair on those Eighty Six credited behind his mission to not be included in this port.

Patrol Ops 3.1 Mission Credits

• Bohemia Interactive Studios for the Arma Series, code and functions
  • BON_Inf for Code and Inspiration from his missions and scripts
  • KillZoneKid for Code and Inspiration from his tutorials
  • Shuko for Code and Inspiration from his awesome Task System and Position Scripts
  • Kegety for his spectator scripting
  • XENO for Code and Inspiration from Domination and setting such a high standard
  • R3F for Inspiration from their Arma 2 Logistics Scripts
  • Tonic for the Virtual Ammobox System
  • Tajin for the Helmet Camera Scripting
  • aeroson for his detailed loadout scripts
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO scripting
  • Kronzky for his string function library
  • SaMatra for help with UI Resources
  • Dslyecxi for his Paper doll giving insight on how to detect item types.
  • Tankbuster for his code and Inspiration from Domination
  • [TcB]-Psycho- for his adaptation of Bon_Inf Injury System
  • IGI_PL for his IGILoad Logistics Scripts
  • Language translations: EvroMalarkey, Senshi, GranolaBar, Ophelian, Rydgier, Caico1983, BIG (Armaholic)
  • Any and All ArmA community members for support, inspiration and solutions that have helped build this

Untitled2_zpstakhs69a.jpg

BUGS

Release Version .05

• Currently the tasks do not start unless you skip the mission ONLY IF testing in the editor, however running on a dedicated server does not re-produce this issue. 
  • Mission Tasks are still the same as original Patrol Ops 3.1. Tasks will be edited to suit Unsung Vietnam era.  Example: The UAV mission, the Downed UAV is now a chopper but the task still says UAV  
  • Dynamic Sounds are far too loud, will be changed over the coming days as noted 01/03/17
Edited by Winfield_Gold
Added Server Details
  • Like 4

I can't tell if anyone has downloaded and tested this for themselves......however as previously stated, I am keen on feedback, changes etc that the community would like to see implemented in this release.

More than happy to accept requests and work on requests so we can all enjoy this conversion to such an awesome mod from the people behind Unsung Vietnam as well as play such an amazing mission by roy86.   

Just running this, here a log of my observations:

I've just tried to run the mission, but get an error on start 'No entry '\bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.NAM_M16`. I use the vanilla version.

I then get spawned in a modern style soldier with one of the new guns. Re-equipping at the arsenal it seems all old and new weapons are available. There is a modern style fuel truck at base too.

Also the RUG_DSAI seems to be enabled and the base is really chatty :)

So I got a mission to take out some artillery pieces. Let's see how far I get. I pack some explosive from the arsenal first. The arty is close, so I take a pbr to make my approach. I see a single VC, shooting at me and win the long range duel. The next time I'm not so lucky, I get shot without seeing where it comes from. I decide to go for a Halo jump to get into the AO. I get all the RUG_DSAI chatter again on my way down. Coming from the other side, I spot one arty piece and some civilians. A short time later I halo jump again ;) After a while I make it to the first arty and place a charge. I blow it up, killing a civilian with it. There seems to be a bugged building, an NVA and VC are inside, but I cannot shoot them :( I use a explosive to tear down the building and kill the two. I cannot find any other arty, so I return to my patrol boat. The mission is not finished, but I decide to call it a day in my solo adventure.

On 2/25/2017 at 1:01 AM, TeTeT said:

Just running this, here a log of my observations:

I've just tried to run the mission, but get an error on start 'No entry '\bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.NAM_M16`. I use the vanilla version.

I then get spawned in a modern style soldier with one of the new guns. Re-equipping at the arsenal it seems all old and new weapons are available. There is a modern style fuel truck at base too.

Also the RUG_DSAI seems to be enabled and the base is really chatty :)

So I got a mission to take out some artillery pieces. Let's see how far I get. I pack some explosive from the arsenal first. The arty is close, so I take a pbr to make my approach. I see a single VC, shooting at me and win the long range duel. The next time I'm not so lucky, I get shot without seeing where it comes from. I decide to go for a Halo jump to get into the AO. I get all the RUG_DSAI chatter again on my way down. Coming from the other side, I spot one arty piece and some civilians. A short time later I halo jump again ;) After a while I make it to the first arty and place a charge. I blow it up, killing a civilian with it. There seems to be a bugged building, an NVA and VC are inside, but I cannot shoot them :( I use a explosive to tear down the building and kill the two. I cannot find any other arty, so I return to my patrol boat. The mission is not finished, but I decide to call it a day in my solo adventure.

I moved house last week and changed my internet provider so I have been unable to reply to you until now.

'No entry '\bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.NAM_M16`. is not PO3 mission related, perhaps report this to the Unsung dev team for assessment as I am happy to deal with these kinds of errors (when joining a server) which have been around since the days of armed assault.  

RUG_DSAI seems to be enabled. -  Yes dynamic sound is enabled. - I prefer to spend most of my time out of base on patrol completing objectives, I won't be personally making adjustments to this however as previously stated, Mission is in a state which is freely able to be edited to your server's liking, it is an early WIP which was converted 2 weeks ago.

Thirdly, Patrol ops was never meant to be a one man army to complete missions solo. I will take a look at the arty class names and possibly change it and look at lowering how many spawn.  I will run some tests over the coming day or 2 and report my findings.  The bugged building, I can not do much with.  I have not encountered the type of bugged building you are referring to.  Perhaps, take a screen shot and report to the Unsung dev team and explain what is preventing you from shooting them or why there are no doors, windows etc.     

41 minutes ago, Winfield_Gold said:

Thanks for the reply! I'm an Unsung developer and quite interested in seeing this mission fully supported :) If you run into probs, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss details there. 

I hadn't seen the NAM_M16 around since Unsung 3 Alpha, but you're right: I found references to it in uns_uniforms, not in your mission. Hopefully we can fix this for the upcoming Echo release.

On RUG_DSAI, would you mind adding a parameter to disable it?

RUG_DSAI_TerminalDistance = -1;

I agree further that it's not a single player mission and not intended to be run as one. I merely wanted to provide you some feedback on your port, this is why I set out on my own. It was not intended as a thorough play test, sorry if this came across wrong.

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 7:27 PM, TeTeT said:

Hi TeTeT

thank you for your response.  Unsung IMO is an absolute fantastic mod that you and the dev team have created for the community.  

Dropbear kitted out the human players such as the pilots and crewman using the arsenal system in the editor, one of the crewman or pilot m-16's may be causing it.

I ported the mission into the map and honestly only Myself and Dropbear tested it together until roy86 gave his approval for a public release.  We came to this conclusion as we did not want to publicly release\test any work that was not written or scripted by us but merely edited work that already in place.  

I will add the parameter you have put forward in your post and add it into the vanilla edit and re-upload the mission over the next day or so.  Dropbear has re-edited the human players with a full kit from your Unsung mod.  I missed him on TeamSpeak tonight to ask for his revision however I will ensure to update the first post with the dropbox download link tomorrow evening AEST.

Any requests you put forward on this port I am most happy to change, I did not know you were part of the dev team and that changes the game altogether.

My apologies if I came across blunt

Regards,

Winfield 

Quite a few changes took place over the weekend.

RUG_DSAI_TerminalDistance = -1;

I added this to the mission init.sqf yet it has not changed the sound in game 

We played around with the information posted here but still not able to see a difference in the sounds previously reported.

My first post is updated with the Australian\NZ server details which Dropbear and I are currently hosting on for testing purposes.

Neither of us are on much as we work behind the scenes.  However our TS details are listed on the map screen and in the 1st post.