roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

So much to do and so little time :p

RL is very active ATM, but rest assured this is getting a considerable update based on all your feedback. We're wrapping up testing of the new features and tweaks that I think you will really like. No ETA as of yet but we are about ready to lock the development and begin testing of release edition of V3.1 shortly.

<FEEDBACK>
Is it somehow possible to see if someone was killed by friendlyfire?

I'll look into it ;)

Cheers for the support and patience.

i m trying to edit the mission and i have a problem with the flags at base (not tested in locations out of the base)... all flags at base is not animated (freeze or not skin at all) when i put the flags on other mission then the flags is animeted as expected....

is there something i can do for this?

thanks..

another question is can i copy paste the scripts and all units/items from editor and paste it to a new mission for stratis?

from a quick try i found that many script errors came up on stratis mission... the scripts is only for altis? (from quick search , i found nothing on scripts that is related to altis .. ) ....maybe fixed spawn locations ????

nice work roy86 !!!

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

another question is how disarm sea mines and minefields? you need tools or player role?

Edited by dragonsyr

the flag anim problem is only in base and the campfires emit only light , no flames animation .

the mission with helicopter retrive has a problem.

When you go to the return point , while on hover, the chopper deleted and players falling and killed.

Is there an instances for the helicopter to remain as bonus in base after mission accomplish and not delete??

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Another issue is that when the player respaun in base , then only handgun is in inventory (main weapon is missing)

@Roy.

The mission by kinche- COOP-32-Resistance-(FIA-vs-CSAT) has to date the best dynamic enemy AI of any mission I have played.

I havent opened the mission up to see how he does it, but it has the following advantages over any of its rivals.

• They have good depth around the A.O, you simply cannot drive within 1.5km of the A.O, even 2km out you need to be very weary.
  • The mix of AI is excellent, just about anything can turn up (And your equipment is pretty limited, compare that to Patrol ops where you have armour and gun ships etc)
  • The enemy seems to come at you from multiple directions
  • If you stay put for too long, you get overun
  • All in all its pretty challenging for an organised community with 20-25 experienced players
  • The fps seems to remain pretty good, so it must be using some form of caching system.
  • He may even be using something like DAC camps.

Imho, this is probably the main issue you have with patrol ops. Speaking only for my community, the AI are not challenging enough and in most cases easily overcome.

Patrol ops is still a fantastic mission and am only trying to offer some advice and help so you can improve it even more.

Whatever you turn out in the next patch am sure it will be great and please keep on developing this, possibly even make an addon version using @Alive

Edited by Terox

Hey terox... try using robalos asr ai mod. It makes the ai amazing. It not official but he has it to get off his site. Asr ai or no ai...

i m trying to edit the mission and i have a problem with the flags at base (not tested in locations out of the base)... all flags at base is not animated (freeze or not skin at all) when i put the flags on other mission then the flags is animeted as expected....

thanks..

another question is can i copy paste the scripts and all units/items from editor and paste it to a new mission for stratis?

from a quick try i found that many script errors came up on stratis mission... the scripts is only for altis? (from quick search , i found nothing on scripts that is related to altis .. ) ....maybe fixed spawn locations ????

nice work roy86 !!!

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

another question is how disarm sea mines and minefields? you need tools or player role?

Hi Dragonsyr,

RE Flags: I haven't spent any time looking at the flags and seems to be an A3 bug when setting the texture. I'll take a look when I can.

RE Stratis: Stratis is too small to make PO3 really viable but wouldn't cause errors porting PO3 to it. I can't help without knowing the script errors you are getting.

RE Mines: Just the standard BIS A3 system for those. Toolkit and Explosive Expert should do the trick.

<FEEDBACK>

Whatever you turn out in the next patch am sure it will be great and please keep on developing this, possibly even make an addon version using @Alive

Cheers Terox,

In the next update, we've already been having a lot of fun testing my own ambient hostile scripts and it makes the task AO and even the whole Island a challenge. So many intense moments :p.

Total ambient environment is between 3200-8000 AI with no/minimal loss of FPS.

RE Alive Mod: Maybe. I haven't had the time to look at it yet so not sure what would be the benefit.

Just got HC working properly last night so will be sending out evaluation copies to groups willing to help test and check before releasing (PM Me).

RE anyone asking about recruiting AI units, Its not implemented at the moment but is in the pipeline.

Cheers,

the flag anim problem is only in base and the campfires emit only light , no flames animation .

there is a trigger in base that sets animation to false for everything in base. change that

ahh thats right, forgot I put that in there :p. It was for base protection but a bit redundant now.

thanks..

nice work roy86 !!!

Thanks in advance

You forgot to save the mission and copy the PO3 framework across from Altis into your Stratis mission.

1. Create the Mission

2. Copy the framework across to the new mission folder (All the files except mission.sqm is required) eg (patrol_ops_3_1_NATO_FATA.fata uses "po3","mpsf",init etc.)

3. Save your mission again and reload it in the editor and preview (All should be good no

there is a trigger in base that sets animation to false for everything in base. change that

thanks !!

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

You forgot to save the mission and copy the PO3 framework across from Altis into your Stratis mission.

1. Create the Mission

2. Copy the framework across to the new mission folder (All the files except mission.sqm is required) eg (patrol_ops_3_1_NATO_FATA.fata uses "po3","mpsf",init etc.)

3. Save your mission again and reload it in the editor and preview (All should be good no

i ll try again , but i do it this way first time....

and i post the errors if any.......

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

is it possible to make role also for mechanics on next version? (farp deploy and field fix)

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

and medic tent deploy for medics?

It s seems that i have no trigger at base for enablesimulation ...

also there is an issue with the medic system .. sometimes working and sometimes not .

sometimes the player fall to ground with the blood screen enabled for no reason...

another issue is that the mauhawk heli have wrong attach points for lifting the containers (the container is attached in the middle of the heli and the heli gets damage )

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

is it possible for all players to use all rally points ? now the rally point is only for the player that spawn it....

Hi Dragonsyr,

is it possible to make role also for mechanics on next version? (farp deploy and field fix) and medic tent deploy for medics?

I've revised the role selection by combining+reducing the amount of roles. On review this was an undesired complexity that afforded little benefit.

Those specific features you want, please log them in the dev-heaven project space and if there is enough interest, I'll implement them.

It s seems that i have no trigger at base for enablesimulation ...

also there is an issue with the medic system .. sometimes working and sometimes not .

sometimes the player fall to ground with the blood screen enabled for no reason...

another issue is that the mauhawk heli have wrong attach points for lifting the containers (the container is attached in the middle of the heli and the heli gets damage )

is it possible for all players to use all rally points ? now the rally point is only for the player that spawn it....

Enablesimulation is in the scripts not an in-game editor trigger (In "fn_protector.sqf" ).

Rallypoints are individual redeployment points at this time. An option in the future will be to make them squad accessible but I've not started work on that yet.

Also, please report bugs/feature requests to the dev-heaven project space.

Cheers,

Any ETA on new version?

nvm, just read you saying no ETA by 3.1 soon

great work!

Edited by wedieyounge

Hi Dragonsyr,

Enablesimulation is in the scripts not an in-game editor trigger (In "fn_protector.sqf" ).

Rallypoints are individual redeployment points at this time. An option in the future will be to make them squad accessible but I've not started work on that yet.

Also, please report bugs/feature requests to the dev-heaven project space.

Cheers,

i found this yesterday so im ok with enablesim thing....

ok i ll try to post on dev heaven......

thanks for the replys

Hi roy86 :)

And thank you for your mod, it was really fun to play with my mates.

The story:

I'm a newbie on Arma 3 editor and in server configuration but i read/saw a lot informations :)

So I configure a new serv on your mod and i wanna make some modifications on Patrol ops but i have a little problem that i didn't solve :'(

The problem:

I would like to make a role play serv, so when we take a medic/pilot/AT etc in the lobby, we spawn directly in the good class without using the squadmod option. So my solution after hours of googling to try to understand how all the things are working, it was a simple solution : call the fonction on the infantry object in initialisation : "this call mpsf_fnc_setAsPilot". But as you might guess, it didn't work, so my question ? How we can make it possible :D

Thank you in advance, and again really a good work you made.

Edited by Aymen

Where please ?

@ Mk-L there is no trigger .... just open the fn_protector.sqf and make enablesimulation true or delete this line ... (i make it true)

Hi roy86 :)

And thank you for your mod, it was really fun to play with my mates.

I would like to make a role play serv, so when we take a medic/pilot/AT etc in the lobby, we spawn directly in the good class without using the squadmod option. So my solution after hours of googling to try to understand how all the things are working, it was a simple solution : call the fonction on the infantry object in initialisation : "this call mpsf_fnc_setAsPilot". But as you might guess, it didn't work, so my question ? How we can make it possible :D

Thank you in advance, and again really a good work you made.

Cheers Aymen,

Its not the easiest system to modify in V3.0. It overwrites what you are trying at mission start so initialisation commands are useless. V3.1 is coming very very soon that simplifies that. Pilot and Crewman Roles are separated from the main role list and can be assigned at the start by roughly what you did above. I'll try and get some documentation up once its out.

Cheers Aymen,

Its not the easiest system to modify in V3.0. It overwrites what you are trying at mission start so initialisation commands are useless. V3.1 is coming very very soon that simplifies that. Pilot and Crewman Roles are separated from the main role list and can be assigned at the start by roughly what you did above. I'll try and get some documentation up once its out.

Ok thanks for the news jap.gif. I can't wait :yay:

Another question: I tried to modify weapons for each "role" in the "po3_preDefinedGearLoadouts_A3_AAF.sqf" file as suggested in the 13th page of this topic but it didn't work perfectly or sometimes the VAS doesn't want to show me the weapons/items of the weapons mod. I think that it comes from another file restriction: like a script launched at the start of the mission and doesn't find the good weapons because I don't have any reference of the AAF weapons after my modification :D

So if you have time, it would be awesome if you can explain me the structure of the weapons management(without speaking in detail of VAS). If you don't have time, forget it. Going to read all your lines code, that's interesting :)

PS:Sorry for my english.

Edited by Aymen

@ Mk-L there is no trigger .... just open the fn_protector.sqf and make enablesimulation true or delete this line ... (i make it true)

Thank you !

Seeing the progress on the issue tracker I'm getting itchy all over again to play PO. Can't wait for the new version. If the biggest (mission-breaking) issues are resolved alone this mission will be absolutely awesome, and I'm super eager to see hte new AI deployment radii and especial the surprise elements (random ground patrols).

Another question: I tried to modify weapons for each "role" in the "po3_preDefinedGearLoadouts_A3_AAF.sqf" file as suggested in the 13th page of this topic but it didn't work perfectly or sometimes the VAS doesn't want to show me the weapons/items of the weapons mod. I think that it comes from another file restriction: like a script launched at the start of the mission and doesn't find the good weapons because I don't have any reference of the AAF weapons after my modification :D

So if you have time, it would be awesome if you can explain me the structure of the weapons management(without speaking in detail of VAS). If you don't have time, forget it. Going to read all your lines code, that's interesting :)

I'll answer it after the update is released if its still needed. The roles and gear have been simplified as this was too complex and provided no real benefit.

Seeing the progress on the issue tracker I'm getting itchy all over again to play PO. Can't wait for the new version. If the biggest (mission-breaking) issues are resolved alone this mission will be absolutely awesome, and I'm super eager to see the new AI deployment radii and especial the surprise elements (random ground patrols).

:D Testing has been a lot of fun.

Final validation of version 3.1 is about to start with the release following straight after.

Cheers

What script or mod did you use for the AI? I have been wanting to build mission like I have seen where AI spawns throughout a city randomly.

Do you guys have any plans with VAS update? cause it's seems a bit out dated

If you guys don't then could you let me know how to do it? because i can't see any difference even i overwrite new vas to your mission

Edited by kgino1045