roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

What script or mod did you use for the AI? I have been wanting to build mission like I have seen where AI spawns throughout a city randomly.

Custom one written eons ago for PO1

Do you guys have any plans with VAS update? cause it's seems a bit out dated

If you guys don't then could you let me know how to do it? because i can't see any difference even i overwrite new vas to your mission

Yep latest VAS in the next update. ETA 1 week if tests all go well.

there is a trigger in base that sets animation to false for everything in base. change that

Hello,

Can you explain where to find this trigger ? I dont find it in the editor,

thanks

I'm not sure but seems like your mission scripts make queit big conflict with addons

because the vas loading take so long, even 30~40 min

and when the game's time past the far more the time past the more lag in MCC

Hello,

Can you explain where to find this trigger ? I dont find it in the editor,

thanks

maybe you missed on page 22 this

there is no trigger .... just open the fn_protector.sqf and make enablesimulation true or delete this line ... (i make it true)

I'm not sure but seems like your mission scripts make queit big conflict with addons

I have mcc on my server and the mission is fine .. im running it without problems and without server restart for 2-3 days . only the vas sometimes have a <1 min delay , but its working fine..... (my solution for this delay is logout and join again the server.)

ps ... my server runs @cba, @tmr , @alive , @js_fa18, @mcc, @acre, @hafm, @sthud, @nimitz

Edited by dragonsyr

Hi, I have finally convinced my friend to get Arma 3 and have found myself in a strange situation of looking for good coop missions we can LAN on, this one would be perfect apart from no AI buddies to roll with us, im hoping AI recruitment is available next release :D and on a side note kinda enjoying the co-opy thing which I never thought I would, I think it's easier if it's real world friend/s.. Anyway as everyone mentions this is an awesome mission thanks.

Edit: regarding AI skill level in parameter setup, do any of the options allow for default settings or are they all custom?

Edited by Katipo66

Hello. You don't mind if I use fn_createChute.sqf from your mission in my WARHUNT?

Go for it ;)

As far as I've tested, this mission does not conflict with any addon or the most common scripts. Try booting without mods to isolate the issue and report it in Dev-heaven.

Hi, I have finally convinced my friend to get Arma 3 and have found myself in a strange situation of looking for good coop missions we can LAN on, this one would be perfect apart from no AI buddies to roll with us, im hoping AI recruitment is available next release :D and on a side note kinda enjoying the co-opy thing which I never thought I would, I think it's easier if it's real world friend/s.. Anyway as everyone mentions this is an awesome mission thanks.

Edit: regarding AI skill level in parameter setup, do any of the options allow for default settings or are they all custom?

I have not scripted the recruitment of AI in the next update. Maybe a future update... ;)

However by changing the "DisabledAI = 1;" TO "DisabledAI = 0;" in the description.ext file in the mission, you will be able to have AI in the mission with you.

Cheers

I have mcc on my server and the mission is fine .. im running it without problems and without server restart for 2-3 days . only the vas sometimes have a <1 min delay , but its working fine..... (my solution for this delay is logout and join again the server.)

ps ... my server runs @cba, @tmr , @alive , @js_fa18, @mcc, @acre, @hafm, @sthud, @nimitz

Maybe I have much more addons then you so those make porcess abit slow

Did you run your server in dedicated server?if you don't mind can you give me a some tip for optimaization?

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Is only host can skio the mission?

Edited by kgino1045

Is only host can skio the mission?

At this time it appears only server admin (host is this by default) can skip mission and change player roles.

Hi guys, I am having a bit of trouble with the AAF vs CSAT version of the mission. The medics in the squads are spawning in the game as NATO which cannot be fixed in the editor by changing classes or faction, I suspect that this is simply a wrong classname in the respected script but I've been unsuccessful in finding said script that hard codes the classes into the squads, any chance you could direct me to that script?

Also SQL assigning roles appears to not work at random times but after reading through a lot of the previous posts here I think you are already aware. Thanks for your continued efforts on a great upcoming mission!

there is no trigger .... just open the fn_protector.sqf and make enablesimulation true or delete this line ... (i make it true)

Thanks, indeed, I missed page 22, sorry.

Maybe I have much more addons then you so those make porcess abit slow

Did you run your server in dedicated server?if you don't mind can you give me a some tip for optimaization?

i have the defaults from TADST . my only advise if you have too many mods on your server (and if this is the problem for the lag you have....), is that you must run only the mods needed for the mission running each time..(client side)

i have the defaults from TADST . my only advise if you have too many mods on your server (and if this is the problem for the lag you have....), is that you must run only the mods needed for the mission running each time..(client side)

That's a A firm thanks you for advice

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

How can i increase enemy numbers? and seems like ied and randompatrols don't work at all even i change them in pos folder please advice

At this time it appears only server admin (host is this by default) can skip mission and change player roles.

correct, skipping missions is Admins only as we don't want just anyone to be able to. Role selection is bugged as the list selection for non-admins has its selection values incorrect. Update will fix that.

How can i increase enemy numbers? and seems like ied and randompatrols don't work at all even i change them in pos folder please advice

IEDs, no but they will come...

About ambient patrols, I've written about their implementation in the next update here:

http://roy86.com.au/po3-1-ambient-enemy-patrols/

Here is sneak peak ;)

http://t.co/woIPDxvcGJ

Cheers

IEDs, no but they will come...

About ambient patrols, I've written about their implementation in the next update here:

http://roy86.com.au/po3-1-ambient-enemy-patrols/

Here is sneak peak ;)

http://t.co/woIPDxvcGJ

Cheers

Sorry didn't notice there were update note

Oh and if you don't mind could you please let me know how to increase enemy numbers? Is it work just increase diffiuculty of mission??

Edited by kgino1045

Sorry didn't notice there were update note

Oh and if you don't mind could you please let me know how to increase enemy numbers? Is it work just increase diffiuculty of mission??

Yep you need to increase the mission difficulty to get more enemies ;)

Can't wait for the 3.1 release :D

Yep you need to increase the mission difficulty to get more enemies ;)

Can't wait for the 3.1 release :D

Thanks you :)

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Bug report

When man got hit, it's turn to Invincible so when wounded man walk or prone in gunshot area, he dosen't get any damage, even sometime he can running like full strenght man

Any chance to add rope script in future?

Edited by kgino1045

i have not scripted the recruitment of AI in the next update. Maybe a future update... ;)

However by changing the "DisabledAI = 1;" TO "DisabledAI = 0;" in the description.ext file in the mission, you will be able to have AI in the mission with you.

Righto! Probably they won't last long given our complete lack of any military prowess :D But should make it that more intense!

Cheers

@Roy

Viewdistance and AI spawning ranges seem to clash.

Maybe an idea to

a) Define a Max_viewdistance which effects the maximum slider position on the viewdistance selection gui

b) If possible, increase the AI spawning distance to the nearest player from whatever it is now to Max_viewdistance + say 200m

2 to 2.5km should be more than enough

In A2 It seemed that the AI could perceive the player before the player saw them if both nodes were on the same viewdistance, so I used to set the serverside VD to slightly less than the playerside vd

Havent tested this in A3 but imagine the same thing would occur

It's more than possible for a player to to run at 6km viewdistance or greater with a decent rig which gives that player a great advantage over the serverside AI and also can break the immersion factor when you see enemies spawning infront of you

Edited by Terox

Is Squad Management System script made by your team? cause it's seems really nice!

Can i share this awesome?

Is Squad Management System script made by your team? cause it's seems really nice!

Can i share this awesome?

Not yet, a fixed version is coming.

I really love the Patrol Op's! You and your team have done a fantastic job!

Cheers ;)

Just a heads up, PO3.1 will be delayed. I've lost all work after a computer failure. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Not yet, a fixed version is coming.

Lovely are you going to fix revive systeam too? unlike altis invade mission when men got hit, it's going to invincible