Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Irregulars

very good. but way too many dependencies. you can already create this using vanilla classnames. the balaclava is simply the olive colored shemagh

Except for the AKs, PKs, RPG, Druganov, half-face shemaghs, ski masks, huge variety of civilian clothing, not to mention all the static weapons and vehicles if you use AiA. This pack is pretty different from the FIA.

@Jake_Krieger

On page 2 of this thread there is a script that you can run on CSAT forces to create the effect of 2035 ME insurgents. It doesn't require AiA. I have thought of making a BIS-only version of this pack, but I am busy with other stuff at the moment.

why not just port stuff over from the vanilla ArmA II stuff released then you can recreate the takistani Militia

Except for the AKs, PKs, RPG, Druganov, half-face shemaghs, ski masks, huge variety of civilian clothing, not to mention all the static

weapons and vehicles if you use AiA. This pack is pretty different from the FIA.

Have it use the weapons pack instead of AIA:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

If Im not mistaken the weaponry these guys utilize are of Suddens Russian.

Im thinking the reason why we dont like using A2's guns is because of its irrelevant gun statistics like recoil, damage, etc compared to A3's arsenal.

Mod looks awesome! Iw as wondering if anyone ahs got this working with ALIVE?

Mod looks awesome! Iw as wondering if anyone ahs got this working with ALIVE?

Won't work with alive, not yet anyway. Supposedly improvements in one of the next versions will allow much greater custom mod compatibility. I'm waiting for it too. I want to run Irregulars vs. NATO on Clafghan :D

Won't work with alive, not yet anyway. Supposedly improvements in one of the next versions will allow much greater custom mod compatibility. I'm waiting for it too. I want to run Irregulars vs. NATO on Clafghan :D

hahaha me too

Yup, next ALiVE release apparently will allow it to work without intervention. Until then, http://arma.quartermoa.com/mods/super_irregulars_20131213.zip (this puts the "drirregulars" faction onto OPFOR, allowing it to work with ALiVE)

That's AWESOME news! Does that mean they will use Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz weapons correctly too? Thanks for doing this!

I cant thank you enough!!! Really stoked to try this out. I was just wondering what the class name was to add it in the military placement module?

EDIT I'm still having trouble getting these units to work, I've tried using OPF_F, O_SD, drIrregulars and DRI but ALIVE keeps spawning Iranians. Also I was wondering if I should move the contents of the driirregulars folder thats contained within the addons folder to the addon folder itself?

HUZZAH! drIrregulars seems to work! I was just wondering how I can get their vehicles to spawn now?

Edited by Opendome

I cant thank you enough!!! Really stoked to try this out. I was just wondering what the class name was to add it in the military placement module?

EDIT I'm still having trouble getting these units to work, I've tried using OPF_F, O_SD, drIrregulars and DRI but ALIVE keeps spawning Iranians. Also I was wondering if I should move the contents of the driirregulars folder thats contained within the addons folder to the addon folder itself?

HUZZAH! drIrregulars seems to work! I was just wondering how I can get their vehicles to spawn now?

I've been watching your posts on the ALiVE thread too Opendome, and like you I find these Irregulars the only real solution to providing taliban/terrorist/Al-Quida type forces in Arma 3! Care to share how you got them to work in ALiVE? I got superfluid's version to work as OPFOR but they won't spawn if I try a custom BLUFOR force at the same time like "mas_usa_rang" (75th Rangers)... neither will spawn. :(

Since you seem to have the same sort of mind set here I thought maybe you might share the results of your experiments :)

Drongo69, love this stuff buddy! Most of my current missions would be non-starters without them. I hope you continue to continue this line of work! Cheers!

I've been watching your posts on the ALiVE thread too Opendome, and like you I find these Irregulars the only real solution to providing taliban/terrorist/Al-Quida type forces in Arma 3! Care to share how you got them to work in ALiVE? I got superfluid's version to work as OPFOR but they won't spawn if I try a custom BLUFOR force at the same time like "mas_usa_rang" (75th Rangers)... neither will spawn. :(

Since you seem to have the same sort of mind set here I thought maybe you might share the results of your experiments :)

Drongo69, love this stuff buddy! Most of my current missions would be non-starters without them. I hope you continue to continue this line of work! Cheers!

Hey bud! Sorry I havent got to you sooner, been a bit of a hectic day! I totally agree about the faction force and Arma 3 and I think we do have the same mindset! Hmm I havent tried them against another custom group of BLUFOR AI but I am using the CAF mod for my playable units and as my ALIVE support units. I just put "drIrregulars" (without the quotes) into the military/CQB/civ placement modules and it spawns them in civ placements. military placements, and within buildings! I made one for Sangin, Clafghan, and Takistan and they are a blast with the CQB module!

Hey Oktyabr, "mas_usa_rang" (75th ranger regiment units) will NOT work with ALiVE or with Patrol Ops 3.0 After extensive testing we figured out it has something to do with the uniforms they wear. As crazy as that sounds it is truth. My unit was using the same mod and it breaks both ALiVE and PO3 because either A.) The enemy wont recognize you as enemy for some reason or B.) The medical system from PO3 stops working.

The solution we (7th of the 75th Ranger RGT.) came up with is using the xaysana BDU but the massi plate carriers and helmets. I know massi's inventory hold a lot more so having the extended inventory on our plate carriers but not our BDU's was the compromise.

Again, Im not sure why the actual uniform causes issues but we proved that without a doubt it is connected to the actual uniforms. All plate carriers, chest rigs, and helmets from massi's pack seem to be ok. Also worth mentioning the xaysana Ranger G3 Recon with the massi rigs and cover looks very good together. We use multicam and it looks like they were made for eachother.

Hey Oktyabr, "mas_usa_rang" (75th ranger regiment units) will NOT work with ALiVE or with Patrol Ops 3.0 After extensive testing we figured out it has something to do with the uniforms they wear. As crazy as that sounds it is truth. My unit was using the same mod and it breaks both ALiVE and PO3 because either A.) The enemy wont recognize you as enemy for some reason or B.) The medical system from PO3 stops working.

The solution we (7th of the 75th Ranger RGT.) came up with is using the xaysana BDU but the massi plate carriers and helmets. I know massi's inventory hold a lot more so having the extended inventory on our plate carriers but not our BDU's was the compromise.

Again, Im not sure why the actual uniform causes issues but we proved that without a doubt it is connected to the actual uniforms. All plate carriers, chest rigs, and helmets from massi's pack seem to be ok. Also worth mentioning the xaysana Ranger G3 Recon with the massi rigs and cover looks very good together. We use multicam and it looks like they were made for eachother.

What doesn't work with them? I have the 75th in my Alive game right now.

I've had them working in ALiVE today too. Watched many battles between them and super's version of Irregulars duke it out all over Stratis and now porting that mission to Clafghan. To say they will NOT work is a bit extreme. Work perfectly? I hope we can find a solution.

Hey I want to use these guys with ALiVE, what faction do I put them as? drIrregulars spawns CSAT forces for me on some occasions and in others tells me the faction is invalid with an "MP ALiVE" error?

Edited by Brivime

What doesn't work with them? I have the 75th in my Alive game right now.
I've had them working in ALiVE today too. Watched many battles between them and super's version of Irregulars duke it out all over Stratis and now porting that mission to Clafghan. To say they will NOT work is a bit extreme. Work perfectly? I hope we can find a solution.

With Alive spawned enemies.

If you are wearing a massi uniform and you are killed, after you respawn the enemy will simply ignore you for the rest of the game until you leave the server and come back. Only happens if you are wearing the massi uniforms and happens %100 of the time for us. We cannot reproduce this behaivior any other way.

With Alive spawned enemies.

If you are wearing a massi uniform and you are killed, after you respawn the enemy will simply ignore you for the rest of the game until you leave the server and come back. Only happens if you are wearing the massi uniforms and happens %100 of the time for us. We cannot reproduce this behaivior any other way.

Now THAT'S something we can work with, right? We played coop for several hours last night with ALiVE on Clafghan with AiA (not A3MP?), as Massi's excellent 75th Rangers. We were running Psycho's "A3 Wounding System" and we ended up having to respawn multiple times each.

Those last nine words say it all. If the Irregulars (super's version, I might add) simply ignored us after we respawned once it would have been... only... once. Rather they behaved as we expected, cornering us in the upper story of a small two story house and plating the whole structure, and us, with lots and lots of lead... one respawn after another. No other mods or scripts were used (besides what you need to get Clafghan, Massi's stuff and Drongo's Irregulars to work) and it was on a locally hosted server, not dedicated. Oh, also we were on the latest stable version of A3, 1.10, not DEV.

I believe you that you are having problems with mas_usa_rang but the fact that others are not suggests we should start looking elsewhere first. I'd love to help you with this. Running Dev? Dedicated? Does this happen with ALiVE too or just Patrol Ops? In a single player mission?

Here is the whole modline of what we were running: Active mods: @CBA_A3, @ALiVE, @opx_objects, @razmisc, @mb_objects, @NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons, @mas_usa_devg, @dr_irregulars, @sud_russians, @African_Conflict, @HiddenIdentityPack, @kio_balaclava, @AllInArma, @CLAfghan

What is your entire script and mod load out?

Edited by Oktyabr

I plan to update these guys in the future and I'm interested in what people want (no promises I will deliver however). First of all, ALIVE compatibility (will work on this as soon as I post). Also, I am thinking of cutting All In Arma (the downside being losing all those technicals and crew-served weapons). I am also thinking of using the weapons from Sudden's Russians. There is also the possibility I will remove the Massi uniforms and only use the (admittedly limited) default BIS uniforms. The reason is that I want to make the mod lighter and neater, with fewer dependencies. If I cut the reliance on Massi's Africans, I would appreciate if someone could make some BIS retextures to improve variety.

So, wish away.