Sign in to follow this  
teacup

Su-22M4

Wow .... Very nice teaCup

@ProGamer

It's very disrespectful is what it is.

And yes, there DOZENS of coming ArmA3 aircraft that won't be "standard xxxxx", whatever that might be, because that just someone's, like your, opinion.

Not sure what the chap above me is on about, the OP clearly asked for help from those that know...

Because it seems to you that either Saul or ProGramer (makes me eyeroll each time i read that nick) knows about weapon systems and has first hand pictures and information about the cockpit as per teacup's request, yes?

Whats with the hostilities? Its not like modding is a job or a contest. The F/A-18 mod sets a high quality standard for jets. There is nothing wrong with learning from and helping or getting help from other modders.

1. Maybe English is not your first language. Neither is mine but i use it for the last 8-10 years pretty much on a daily basis so i will clarify: "You should contact" (because of the should in that sentence and the way you have formulated) reads that teacup needs to contact the author of XX mod if he ever wants to have a realistic Flight Model. I don't see it as a friendly suggestion, and it seems i am not the only one.

Case of point: the way you read my reply to you, that use should in the exact same manner: "what is with the hostilities"

2. Modding shouldn't be a contest, true, and things progress through different forms of cooperation, i know first hand. And just because of that, there is not such thing as a standard but the one imposed by the original creator to himself. If you or anyone else wants something done better than X, or at the same level as Y, you are free to do it yourself, in your own time.

Excellent quality and attention to detail. Shame there is no easy way to implement these sorts of mods and aircraft onto multiplayer servers easily without everyone downloading them.

Great looking mod I cannot wait to see it in action, I know that your still knee deep in this project but I just have to ask do you have any plans for other aircraft I would do anything for a SU-25 modeled as well as this one in A3

I really like what you did. The cockpit photos shouldnt be to hard bunch of high resolution ones on google so far to help, but the dials might be a pain. Great job!

Excellent quality and attention to detail. Shame there is no easy way to implement these sorts of mods and aircraft onto multiplayer servers easily without everyone downloading them.

Not yet anyway...

Would you be able to make one in AAF/CSAT camo?

I could, but i'm not too keen on it for several reasons. All the stock vehicles in A3 look brand new, the Su looks weathered and battered. Stock vehicles are very modern or futuristic, the Su is an older generation. I don't identify with any of the new factions either. I'm not feelin' it, says my inner hippie. But i might end up doing it, i don't know.

Great looking mod I cannot wait to see it in action, I know that your still knee deep in this project but I just have to ask do you have any plans for other aircraft I would do anything for a SU-25 modeled as well as this one in A3

No plans for other aircraft at the moment. Some nice rifles, some animation addons are more likely to follow.

The cockpit photos shouldnt be to hard bunch of high resolution ones on google so far to help, but the dials might be a pain.

The difficulty is that not only are there very few and low-res photos of the cockpit online, but they're often taken from terrible angles, with bad lighting, bad exposure. Ideally, the people taking the pictures would have texturing in mind, take the shots perpendicular to the different instrument panels, avoid glare, avoid excessive contrast, grain, etc.. It would really make my job a whole lot easier. Also, i would like a few precise measurements, the size of this and that - i have a good eye for proportions, but i trust numbers even more.. :)

Edited by teaCup

The difficulty is that not only are there very few and low-res photos of the cockpit online, but they're often taken from terrible angles, with bad lighting, bad exposure. Ideally, the people taking the pictures would have texturing in mind, take the shots perpendicular to the different instrument panels, avoid glare, avoid excessive contrast, grain, etc.. It would really make my job a whole lot easier. Also, i would like a few precise measurements, the size of this and that - i have a good eye for proportions, but i trust numbers even more.. :)

Hi there are some photos here

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin3/su-22m4_fitter/index.php?Page=3

Hopefully they are right plane and quality :) , i am only in the Chair-Force lol . hope it helps if help was needed

Hopefully they are right plane and quality :) , i am only in the Chair-Force lol . hope it helps if help was needed

Thanks, but those ones i already have (they are pretty decent). When i started off, i scoured the web for days, collected and categorised every photo and bit of information. My hope with opening this topic was to find someone, an insider, the friend of someone's cousin, who just so happens to work in Odessa, at the aircraft repair plant. Or Miroslawiec. Or some air museum that has one of these in the hangar.

it has a sort of strong yet about to fall out of the sky rustic look to it i LOVE IT :D

it might be a small helper but top in game speed of buzzard is 710km/h in reallife its 936km/h so id choose a margin in between there

is this mod still even going on and if so will it carry modern arma 3 weps ??

Wow you did an exceptional job blending the photos together, it looks so natural! (Oh dangit I didn't realize this was bumped...oh well, all the same.)

Edited by NodUnit

it might be a small helper but top in game speed of buzzard is 710km/h in reallife its 936km/h so id choose a margin in between there

I'm sure he can research the Su-22M4's top speed instead of guessing from another aircraft. And the top speed of the buzzard is at perfect conditions. Like unarmed, fuel weight low, and at a high altitude with less friction. The 710 speed is more low altitude, fully armed and fully fueled so its heavy and not as maneuverable.