tonic-_-

Virtual Vehicle Spawner (VVS)

Maybe it's a debug output for when boats are spawned on land?

IDK, I have the markers set up the same as others and both are over water. Not too sure what else to do.

IDK, I have the markers set up the same as others and both are over water. Not too sure what else to do.

this is really bugging me. I have these spawners set up like this, in each spawn unit I have removeallWeapons this; this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false; this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>"name" Spawner</t>",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["BASE_name","BASE_name]]; this setIdentity "name";

both ship and sub markers are over water and each spawner has own marker with "BASE_name", All BUT ship and submarine units spawn vehicles. I have both spawners near the water edge with water markers close.

I keep getting error stating cannot fetch vehicles, the spawn window appears but no vehicles. Has anyone gotten the ship or sub spawners to work? any help is always grateful. thanks.

BASE_AirTransport = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F",

"I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F",

"B_Heli_Transport_01_F",

"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F",

"I_Heli_Transport_02_F","C_Heli_Light_01_civil_F"];

BASE_AirCAS = ["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F",

"I_Heli_light_03_F",

"B_Heli_Attack_01_F",

"B_Plane_CAS_01_F"];

BASE_Ship = ["B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F","B_Boat_Transport_01_F","I_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F","I_Boat_Transport_01_F","C_Boat_Civil_01_F"];

BASE_Submarine = ["B_SDV_01_F","I_SDV_01_F"];

BASE_Ground = ["B_Quadbike_01_F",

"B_MRAP_01_F",

"B_MRAP_01_hmg_F",

"B_MRAP_01_gmg_F",

"B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",

"B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F",

"B_Truck_01_covered_F",

"B_Truck_01_transport_F",

"B_Truck_01_medical_F",

"B_Truck_01_ammo_F",

"B_Truck_01_Repair_F",

"B_Truck_01_fuel_F",

"B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F",

"B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F",

"B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F",

"B_MBT_01_cannon_F",

"B_MBT_01_TUSK_F",

"B_MBT_01_arty_F",

"B_MBT_01_mlrs_F"];

Edited by JAndrews1

Ok i got this one. I had to update the fn_filtertype.sqf with updated names. ha. figured that out. 1 down 99,999 other scripting problems to go. lol

To use pre defined lists in the functions/fn_buildCfg.sqf

Change :-

//Skim over and make sure VVS_x isn't built for a pre-made vehicle list.
if(count VVS_Car > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Car;};
if(count VVS_Air > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Air;};
if(count VVS_Ship > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Ship;};
if(count VVS_Submarine > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Submarine;};
if(count VVS_Armored > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Armored;};
if(count VVS_Autonomous > 0) then {VVS_pre_Autonomous = VVS_Autonomous;};
if(count VVS_Support > 0) then {VVS_pre_Support = VVS_Support;};

to

if(count VVS_Air > 0) then {VVS_pre_Air = VVS_Air;};
if(count VVS_Ship > 0) then {VVS_pre_Ship = VVS_Ship;};
if(count VVS_Submarine > 0) then {VVS_pre_Submarine = VVS_Submarine;};
if(count VVS_Armored > 0) then {VVS_pre_Armored = VVS_Armored;};

Hope this helps.

I hope it was ok for me to post this tonic ?

Edited by BL1P

I can't seem to install this right. I get the option to use the VVS in the editor but nothing happens when I select it. Maybe I did it wrong? Can someone explain in detail on how to install this or redirect me to a video on how to install and use it? I cant get the sample mission to load either.

I am having a peculiar problem trying to load from a predefined list from the configuration.sqf.

I have three types of units calling VVS from laptops with these lines in there respective init's.

this addAction["Vehicles",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["VVS_ARMOR","Car"]];
MARKER NAME=VVS_ARMOR

this addAction["Drones",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["VVS_Autonomous","Autonomous"]];
MARKER NAME=VVS_Autonomous

this addAction["Air",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["VVS_AIR","Air"]];
MARKER NAME=VVS_AIR

======================================================

VVS_Premade_List = true;

VVS_Car = [];
VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","B_Heli_Transport_03_F","B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_F","C_Heli_Light_01_civil_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","JNS_Skycrane","JNS_Skycrane_Bench","JNS_Skycrane_Transport"];
VVS_Ship = [];
VVS_Armored = ["B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","B_MBT_01_cannon_F","B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F","B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","M1128_MGS_DG1_NOSLATDES","M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_NOSLATDES","EWK_m1151_m2_deployment_Bumper","EWK_m1151_TOW_deployment","B_Truck_01_mover_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_F","EWK_M998A2_sov","EWK_M998A2_sov_M2","B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F"];
VVS_Submarine = [];
VVS_Autonomous = ["B_UAV_01_F","B_UGV_01_F","B_UGV_01_rcws_F"];
VVS_Support = [];

=============================================

I am able to load my predefined units from the Armor array through my "Vehicles" laptop, as well as all the predefined UAV's from the "Drones" laptop.

However, any attempt to load units from the "Air" laptop results in an error stating it "cannot fetch vehicles".

JNS_Skycrane is listed as an addon in the mission.sqm, and I have tried it both with and without them, so that vector is out.

I'm at a loss as to what exactly is happening, especially since 2/3's of it works and could really use some help getting out of this time sink.

thanks all :)

Anyone know a quick way i can execute the VVS script from a sqf file ?

I would assume this:

["spawnMarkerName","All"] call VVS_fnc_openVVS;

Edited by JShock

I am having a peculiar problem trying to load from a predefined list from the configuration.sqf.

I have three types of units calling VVS from laptops with these lines in there respective init's.

Something's going on with the code, I have the same issue. If you don't mind not being able to use the filters, a quick and dirty work around is to just place all of the vehicles under the same array. I have all of my Cars, Air, etc under VVS_Air personally. Works just fine.

Something's going on with the code, I have the same issue. If you don't mind not being able to use the filters, a quick and dirty work around is to just place all of the vehicles under the same array. I have all of my Cars, Air, etc under VVS_Air personally. Works just fine.

its really odd, Ive placed everything with 4 wheels under VVS_Armored (that includes civillian coaxials, which don't even fall under the armor class), but I have to call VVS_Cars (which is completely empty in the .cfg ironically!) to get it to pull any list of vehicles!

Vehicles

marker- VVS_ARMOR

VVS_Armored = ["B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","B_MBT_01_cannon_F","B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F","B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","M1128_MGS_DG1_NOSLATDES","M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_NOSLATDES","EWK_m1151_m2_deployment_Bumper","EWK_m1151_TOW_deployment","B_Truck_01_mover_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_F","EWK_M998A2_sov","EWK_M998A2_sov_M2"];

Autonomous vehicles placed under VVS_Autonomous work fine.

marker- VVS_Autonomous

Air units though I'm never able to call.. However! I DO know my syntax is correct because if I stuff the helo classNames list i created into VVS_Armor on top of the rest of the 4 wheeled vehicles ones, the helos come up fine in that list when called under VVS_Cars! Go figure)

maybe you could help me to use filters, as I am simply not familiar, that way I can still have three discreet boxes while stuffing everything into my VVS_Armored list?

Edited by Dark_Spectre

its really odd, Ive placed everything with 4 wheels under VVS_Armored (that includes civillian coaxials, which don't even fall under the armor class), but I have to call VVS_Cars (which is completely empty in the .cfg ironically!) to get it to pull any list of vehicles!

Vehicles

marker- VVS_ARMOR

VVS_Armored = ["B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","B_MBT_01_cannon_F","B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F","B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","M1128_MGS_DG1_NOSLATDES","M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_NOSLATDES","EWK_m1151_m2_deployment_Bumper","EWK_m1151_TOW_deployment","B_Truck_01_mover_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_F","EWK_M998A2_sov","EWK_M998A2_sov_M2"];

Autonomous vehicles placed under VVS_Autonomous work fine.

marker- VVS_Autonomous

Air units though I'm never able to call.. However! I DO know my syntax is correct because if I stuff the helo classNames list i created into VVS_Armor on top of the rest of the 4 wheeled vehicles ones, the helos come up fine in that list when called under VVS_Cars! Go figure)

maybe you could help me to use filters, as I am simply not familiar, that way I can still have three discreet boxes while stuffing everything into my VVS_Armored list?

For anyone whom may be encountering the same issue, i simply stuffed all the items I needed into the two class arrays that I knew did work and used them.

Not a very elegant solution, but better than wasting more time on it than necessary.

In the end I simply lumped the Stompers in with the rest of the vehicles, eliminating the need for a third VVS box.

Modify VVS\functions\fn_spawnVehicle.sqf

I am a noob to scripting so I have to ask this :)

What do I modify in this sqf ?

And I want to spawn for example planes on deck and vehicles in the hangar bay, how do I do that ?

thanks very much for any help

has somebody an idea to fix this: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=102

I would like to use RHS- Vehicles with VVS

Since tonic never answered me about this issue i fixed it myself some time ago .

Replace the content of fn_buildCfg.sqf inside functions by this :

/*
File: fn_buildCfg.sqf
Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine , edited by Cruoriss

Description:
Builds our configuration arrays for vehicles to display.

0: classname
1: scope
2: picture
3: displayname
4: vehicleclass
5: side
6: faction
*/
private["_CfgCar","_CfgAir","_CfgShip","_CfgSub","_CfgArmor"];
_Cfg = configFile >> "CfgVehicles";

//Setup our final arrays.
VVS_pre_Car = [];
VVS_pre_Air = [];
VVS_pre_Ship = [];
VVS_pre_Armored = [];
VVS_pre_Submarine = [];
VVS_pre_Autonomous = [];
VVS_pre_Support = [];

if(count VVS_Air > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Air;};
if(count VVS_Ship > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Ship;};
if(count VVS_Submarine > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Submarine;};
if(count VVS_Armored > 0) then {VVS_pre_Car = VVS_Armored;};

if(VVS_Premade_List) exitWith {}; //No need to waste CPU processing time as the mission designer already setup a list.

for "_i" from 0 to (count _Cfg)-1 do
{
_class = _Cfg select _i;
if(isClass _class) then
{
	_className = configName _class;
	if(_className != "") then
	{
	//	systemChat _className;
		_cfgInfo = [_className] call VVS_fnc_cfgInfo;
		//systemChat str(_cfgInfo);
		if(count _cfgInfo > 0) then
		{
			_scope = _cfgInfo select 1;
			_picture = _cfgInfo select 2;
			_displayName = _cfgInfo select 3;
			_vehicleClass = _cfgInfo select 4;
			_side = _cfgInfo select 5;
			_superClass = _cfgInfo select 7;
			if(_scope >= 2 && _picture != "" && _displayName != ""
			) then
			{
			if( (_vehicleClass == "Car" && count VVS_Car == 0) || (count VVS_Car == 0 && _className isKindOf "Car" && _vehicleClass != "Armored" && _vehicleClass != "Support" && _vehicleClass != "Autonomous") ) then
						{
							VVS_pre_Car set[count VVS_pre_Car,_className];
						};
              if(count VVS_Air == 0 && _className isKindOf "Air" && _vehicleClass != "Autonomous") then
						{
							VVS_pre_Air set[count VVS_pre_Air,_className];
						};
              if(count VVS_Ship == 0 && _className isKindOf "Ship") then
						{
							VVS_pre_Ship set[count VVS_pre_Ship,_className];
						};
			if( (_vehicleClass == "Armored" && count VVS_Armored == 0) || (count VVS_Armored == 0  && _className isKindOf "Tank") ) then
						{
							VVS_pre_Armored set[count VVS_pre_Armored,_className];
						};
			if(count VVS_Autonomous == 0 && _vehicleClass == "Autonomous") then
						{
							VVS_pre_Autonomous set[count VVS_pre_Autonomous,_className];
						};
			if(count VVS_Support == 0 && (_vehicleClass == "Support")) then
						{
							VVS_pre_Support set[count VVS_pre_Support,_className];
						};
			};
		};
	};
};
};

The only problem with my edit is that light armored like rhs bmp are inside Car spawner and not Armored one .

Hello, can anyone tell me please how to spawn a vehicle at 17m? I need it for an LHD. I have tried that:

init.sqf

"VVS1" setMarkerPosLocal [markerPos "VVS1" select 0, markerPos "VVS1" select 1, 17];

But it don't work.:(

I believe the z coordinate is always 0 for markers.

You'd need to change the position in fn_spawnVehicle.sqf. Keep in mind that this will affect the position of all vehicles spawned through VVS.

I believe the z coordinate is always 0 for markers.

You'd need to change the position in fn_spawnVehicle.sqf. Keep in mind that this will affect the position of all vehicles spawned through VVS.

Markers have Z coordinate, because if you put a marker named Respawn_west and in your init.sqf you put that:

"Respawn_west" setMarkerPosLocal [markerPos "Respawn_west" select 0, markerPos "Respawn_west" select 1, 17];  

You'll respawn at 17m.

I was going off of the information listed here.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. In fn_spawnVehicle.sqf ...

_className = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),0]];
_displayName = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),1]];
_position = getMarkerPos VVS_SP;
_position set [2, 17]; // add this line
_direction = markerDir VVS_SP;

Untested, but that should work.

I am getting a bug where a vehicle left on the spawn marker too long blows up. Anyone else? is there a fix. I do use some mod vehicles but wasn't sure why this would happen.

hey man i've been using your vvs scripts for a while now. but just recently i've been getting an error. The error reads "Can not inculde VVS\menu.h" now i checked and it's in the mission folder everything is there. I'm using pbo project to build it.

respawn="BASE";
respawnDelay=10;
disabledAI=1; //changed from 1 to 0
disableChannels[] = {}; // {0} to disable global
joinUnassigned = 0;
enableItemsDropping = 0;
weaponPool = 0;
saving = 0;
corpseRemovalMinTime = 5*60;
corpseRemovalMaxTime = 15*60;
wreckRemovalMinTime = 5*60;
wreckRemovalMaxTime = 10*60;
author="Gobi"; 
onLoadMission = "Death Squad Gaming";
onLoadName = "Mercs playground";
class Header
{
gameType=Sandbox; 
minPlayers=1; 
maxPlayers=32; 
};

#include "VVS\menu.h"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VVS\Functions.h"
};
#include "brs\defines.hpp"
#include "brs\dialogs.hpp"

the above code is my description.ext file, pbo project finishes with no errors but arma 3 throws the above error when ever i place the mission in the mpmission folder.

Anyone getting an issue where you can barely see the vehicles, planes, ect,. in the list I mean their all black icons and when i want to choose which plane or vehicle

I want i mostly have to look at the names listed, or does this have to do with my game's color setup which I looked at but never messed with as I was unsure if it would change that.

Same problem here. A similar thing happened with VAS, but we stopped using it and went over the the Arsenal instead. No idea how to fix it - perhaps it is looking for the wrong icons or something?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189670-Listbox-amp-ListNBox-black-picture&p=2896515&viewfull=1#post2896515

Solution for black pictures/icons is in this thread. BI changed some class attribute names a couple of patches ago. Any old GUI stuff will have that issue.

Short version: Change "picturecolor" to "colorpicture" in the UI dialog definition.