Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

Wow that's some impressive stuff you got there....

Nagual, how did you make the "ninja guy" fly like that?

I really like these screens, keep making some!

lol Albert nice work, you could also call that "When there is just no room for one more".

And Darklight the ways of the ninja are secret, tounge.gif  but i will probably post it when i work out how to land without dying. But it is not config.cpp editing.

Heres one more i forgot about before, i'll call it Economy Class:

airstunt3.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Sep. 10 2002,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Darklight the ways of the ninja are secret, tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Aaaaah just like in the movies, huh?

Lol,

unfourtunately my ninja doesn't make the cool 'wwwaaaaaa" sounds when he jumps sad.gifbiggrin.gif

Hmmm i'm sure that can be fixed with a little addon biggrin.gif

It still are very nice pics, good job, keep them coming!

Heres my last stunt for the night, there was a few old Chuck norris movies on in oz this week, Missing in Action, so:

airstunt4.jpg

Nagual, this is nothing personal, but somehow I dont trust your pictures. There is just a lot of odd things. Why is number 2 asking "where are you" if it MUST be the guy next to you?

Also, if I sit or stand on a plane I stand about 30cm above it. Your people basically sink into the plane with their feet. Mine doesnt. I dont know how you do it, but it seems you are breaking stunt-rules of authenticity here! smile.gif

Do you see the difference?

091120024252459.jpg

091120024252366.jpg

There is just no way you can make your soldier stay on top of the plane if it takes of. Especially not if it changes direction by 1°

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 11 2002,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is just no way you can make your soldier stay on top of the plane if it takes of. Especially not if it changes direction by 1°<span id='postcolor'>

I think he's using setpos in a script (maybe with a loop) to keep the plane standing still and to fix the position of the soldier units. That's no stunt... that's just putting one brick on the other and glueing (sp?) them together.

Edit: It's clearly visibly if you look at his chopper pic - the guys are standing in free air (see the ship below).

I think that is somehow not the way we should make stunts! sad.gif . DONT think I am anoyed because I am too stupid to do it biggrin.gif!

I was wasting hours today to try to keep standing on that airbus. I had the most ridiculous solutions! Well, they werent actually solutions since they didnt work. But standing on a chopper, that works fine. Maybe you can find new stunt-variations for that!

Nagual, you are clearly missing the point of OFP stunts. It should be about manual skill, not about scripting. Any yahoo can write a setpos script - that is no challange.

Ops I forgot something that I would like to add:

No, Denoir didnt post this message because he is the restrictive fuddy-duddy of this forum but because he is right. Nagual, I think you are indeed very good with scripting, but this thread was made for everyone. Everyone who enjoys the OFP editor, everyone how likes to play around with everything that OFP has to offer and everyone who wants to show his creativity. But noone can expect us to be capable to deal with scripting methods. The more you add stuff that only few understand the more you kill this thread. Everyone should be capable to participate and get some recognition for the perfect stunt he invented. Noone has a problem with Denoir Ãœber-stunts, Ralphs funky jumps or Darklights way to abuse the purpose of the editor tounge.gif , but every picture submitted should be understandable and offer possibilities to copy it. And I realy like the idea of good stunts being shown here so I can learn and make them even more exciting!

Long live the stuntmen thread! Keep contributing (and dont wonder about my terrible english)

That is why OFP is so great: the variety of abusing the inital idea of the game

Guys, guys,

First, Albert, the pictures are no fake, they are ingame screen shot of MOVING vehicles. Yes i used scripting, but making a ramp stand higher than the ramp before it with setpos is a form of scripting too. So an uber ramp is the result of scripting, and look back, not everyone could do that to start with.

The "where are you" is as simple as my second guy being on the ground, so i guess he really was wondering where i was.

The cessna was moving.

In the helo pic the soldiers are attached to the helo,they move with it, it is not a fixed picture (could easily be used in a mission).

When it comes down to it i used scripting as i didnt want to used the other stunt method: config editing. Please dont tell me that everyone can easily replicate long range jumps that can only be performed my making / editing addon configs. That is even further out there than scripting.

Well, i will look into a few more straight forward stunts.

I dont know, but I cant even make normal jumps with a normal ramp like u guys do. My car always slows down when it touches the ramp. I will show u my tentatives of jump tmr, I am too tired now to upload

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 11 2002,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Merco Benz armoured truck meets Nogova Police Boats!  tounge.gif

091120028372642.jpg

09112002838091.jpg

091120028380834.jpg

091120028383771.jpg

This took a surprising number of attempts for a seasoned stunt-jockey like myself!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Feedback? Comments?

I'm starving for attention here!  confused.gificon11.gif  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 12 2002,13:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mayor Fubar is using the A-Team & McGyver Addon 1.2 as you can see from his truck.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wrong show, Albert!

0792839749.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Another highly on topic AvonLady post!

Good work Maj. Fubar, nice stunt. That truck must weight a fair amount, and getting it over that space must be like trying to get an elephant to jump 10 feet in the air.

Yes, ended up in the water many times before I got it right...that damn scoop at the front also kept hitting the takeoff ramp a lot...

"1, cease fire!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Sep. 12 2002,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First, Albert, the pictures are no fake, they are ingame screen shot of MOVING vehicles. Yes i used scripting, but making a ramp stand higher than the ramp before it with setpos is a form of scripting too. So an uber ramp is the result of scripting, and look back, not everyone could do that to start with.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, moving or not - you don't need any skills (but some basic scripting knowledge) to do it. It works everytime, as all positions are fixed (maybe only relative to another object, but still, there's no way the player could fall off because of a wrong move).

With the Ãœberramp or other tricks (like the plane accelerator) you still need some driving skills, to hit the ramp in the right angle, to get your acceleration just right, etc. That is what people like me like about this thread... skillfull players doing crazy stuff, not scripting wizards showing off.

Your pictures aren't fake (i.e. faked with a graphics programm), and they look way cool! But neither are they stunts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 12 2002,12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That truck must weight a fair amount, and getting it over that space must be like trying to get an elephant to jump 10 feet in the air.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, but it has quite a good acceleration - did some (in comparison very unspectacular) jumps with it myself yesterday... that truck's a beast.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 11 2002,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 12 2002,13wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mayor Fubar is using the A-Team & McGyver Addon 1.2 as you can see from his truck.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wrong show, Albert!

0792839749.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Someone has to make THAT car in some addon!

Or perhaps we can us it as a skin for a jet smile.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Sep. 12 2002,21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Sep. 12 2002,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First, Albert, the pictures are no fake, they are ingame screen shot of MOVING vehicles. Yes i used scripting, but making a ramp stand higher than the ramp before it with setpos is a form of scripting too. So an uber ramp is the result of scripting, and look back, not everyone could do that to start with.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, moving or not - you don't need any skills (but some basic scripting knowledge) to do it. It works everytime, as all positions are fixed (maybe only relative to another object, but still, there's no way the player could fall off because of a wrong move).

With the Ãœberramp or other tricks (like the plane accelerator) you still need some driving skills, to hit the ramp in the right angle, to get your acceleration just right, etc. That is what people like me like about this thread... skillfull players doing crazy stuff, not scripting wizards showing off.

Your pictures aren't fake (i.e. faked with a graphics programm), and they look way cool! But neither are they stunts.<span id='postcolor'>

Well i agree in general about skill based stunts being the best, but alot of stunts involve max accelleration onto ramp to travel the max distance the height /size of ramp + speed of addon car allows. The hardest part about that is not crashing into that bloody ramp base wink.gif

I think stunts like 360 (both between objects and sideways ) need driving skill, but not jumping over a ramp. Timing based stunts are also tricky, but its fairly easier to get into the rythms of setpos-ed flying objects.

I was also not trying to show off (and i am not a scripting wizard lol), just having some fun within the context of Explosive Stunt Clowns.

There is more to cessna stunt than meets the eye, it is possible to be on plane, shoot pilot, and get in plane before it crashes. Would that be a stunt?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but its fairly easier to get into the rythms of setpos-ed flying objects.<span id='postcolor'>

Absolutely, but none of the planes I use are setposed smile.gif They are just waypointed. The only setpos is on the first waypoint to set the height of the plane. The rest is timing and timing only. smile.gif

Jumping over a ramp requires some skill too. When you build an Ãœber-ramp the car tends to slide. You also need to accelerate in a good way. I broke my back on that, until I realized that I could get a plane to push the car. That, I can tell you is no easy thing to perform. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Sep. 12 2002,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was also not trying to show off (and i am not a scripting wizard lol), just having some fun within the context of Explosive Stunt Clowns.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I didn't want to sound too harsh - I really like your screenshots. They look quite cool. I just fail to find the stunt factor in them. wink.gif