Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

I remember the little challenge of who has the best OFP stuntman performance. I guess the time has come you proof your qualitites! I herewith announce the official stuntman thread! biggrin.gif

082220024094551.jpg

Due to a terrible accident of my stuntman colleagues I started my own career!

082220024095011.jpg

Below you will find several images including the dangerous bus-jump and the Tornado-infiltration-jump!

082220024112979.jpg

082220024094632.jpg

The day I lost my friends

Stuntclown jumps over 37 buses, in the air

jumping 37 buses, landing just in time

getting the apples off the trees

german chopper ruined

I am coming!

As, I said. Beat this: smile.gif

[*]Jaguar J220/Mustang jump:

jag1.jpg

jag2.jpg

[*]Motorcycle/A10 Jump:

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

And finally, the Piece de resistance, the

[*] Tractor/Tornado Jump (kids, don't try this at home):

tractor1.jpg

tractor2.jpg

tounge.gif Damn I have to get that Tornado and that Jaguar. But my Ramp is better constructed. Unfortunately the AI always rams into the ramp instead of going on it! So my clown has to do the job himself! smile.gif

Ah, I built it and gave it to Denoir!  tounge.gif  No just kiddin, there must be a link somewhere posted in this "Do you like to be team leader, lonely soldier or bla bla bla" thread. Denoir. Where did you get that Jaguar? Is that a Tornado from PV's addon page?

Ah, and you need the EditorUpgrade1.02

Okay, i have some questions that needs answers.

Is that a tornado?!? WTF?

And that jaguar and Mustang?!?

I cant get the ramp to D/L./ I keep getting an error message! grr

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 22 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Jaguar and Tornado you can download from:

http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php

The Mustang is Evis and you can read and download it here

The ramp you can download here<span id='postcolor'>

Great!! thanks Denoir

if the plane on the pic with the missle was a harrier... i think the pilot would have felt much better.... that leads what i want to ask.... is it relevant for your challenge ( biggrin.gif ) if the driver/pilot is alive after the stunt? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah, dont you have to actually walk away from it to be able to call it a stunt? tounge.gif

Would crawling count? I also don't see how people can do motorcycle stunts with that ramp. I hit that thing and regardless of my speed I'm tossed off. But the last time I did it my lifeless body did clear 5 busses so there's that...

If anything is a stunt, this is:

stunt1.jpg

Now with the Jag:

stunt2.jpg

Going in on a landing (no not the plane). Notice how far the plane has gotten already:

stunt3.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Aug. 22 2002,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I also don't see how people can do motorcycle stunts with that ramp.<span id='postcolor'>

stunt4.jpg

Yes, that landing did hurt smile.gif

Harnu: You create waypoints with game logic objects and adjust the z value with setpos.

Not really a stunt but something else to do if you're bored: add a LGB to and M1A1, and watch it fly out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Aug. 22 2002,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would crawling count?  I also don't see how people can do motorcycle stunts with that ramp.  I hit that thing and regardless of my speed I'm tossed off.  But the last time I did it my lifeless body did clear 5 busses so there's that...<span id='postcolor'>

You chose the wrong ramp! There are two of them, one is kind of broken any you always hit it, the other is called "ramp big" or so and that one works.

If you really want to have fun and do cool stunts get this small chopper. It is realy fun to fly it and the sound is that of a model-chopper and fire-power is incredible biggrin.gif

082220025494764.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 22 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do you get planes to fly so low?<span id='postcolor'>

it is a command like "this flyinheight 10"

but that doesnt work on planes... it only works on helos... or does it in 1.75?

Albert: I am still waiting for you to do a plane + car stunt. Choppers just don't cut it anymore. smile.gif

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 23 2002,00wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Albert: I am still waiting for you to do a plane + car stunt. Choppers just don't cut it anymore. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, yes I guess you are right! I tried to go for the "new" things while you try to do realy tough things.  smile.gif  I have to get a plane flying at a low altitude, but that can be solved. One thing that cant be solved is that the AI has problems with the ramp (or the ramp has problems with the AI). If you stand next to the ramp the jump goes fine, but if you go 100 metres away the AI crashes into the ramp for no reason!  But I will see what I can do tomorrow!

What? You are letting the AI drive? Where is the fun in that? confused.gif

No, but if you want to do a jump with multiple cars, then you need AI. (and I guess that is the only way to beat your flying performance).