Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 31 2002,02:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bl1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

How do u guys take such good screnshots?

I have tried and tried......and can't get anything that looks even remotley as good as yours (all of mine are from strange angles).

Can I have some instructions?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (promethius @ Sep. 01 2002,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have tried and tried......and can't get anything that looks even remotley as good as yours (all of mine are from strange angles).

Can I have some instructions?<span id='postcolor'>

What i do is set up an area trigger grouped with my character with setacctime 0.1 in the activation field. this slows it down enough to give me time to get a good angle at it.

setactime 0.1? never tried it but I will!

here are some failed stunts (well one is an edited image, guess which tounge.gif )

stunt 1: land a chopper on a small boat (stunt failed boat drowned) biggrin.gif

090220026340263.jpg

stunt 2: make a cat jump from a tower and land on your moving truck. Dont drive to slow! Mission failed cat hit the front-window tounge.gif (one of my realy old images)

090220026340145.jpg

Stunt 3: land on the castle-tower. Mission failed, I seemed to have missed the objective by one floor! wink.gif

090220026340012.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 03 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">090220026340145.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Lol biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 03 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">090220026340145.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

My mom had a cat stuck in her engine one time. I forget where the cat was but basically it curled up in it during the night cause the engine was warm and when she turned on the engine she heard a meowing noise. So my dad took it over to my grandpa's house and my grandpa reached in and got the cat out. My dad told me he had never seen a cat run sooo fast.

Sorry i know thats a lil off topic but i just couldnt help but to share it. It just works so well with albert's pic. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 03 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stunt 2:  make a cat jump from a tower and land on your moving truck. Dont drive to slow! Mission failed cat hit the front-window  tounge.gif (one of my realy old images)

090220026340145.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

you should submit that to ofp.info pic of the week. they may get a kick out of it.

well i have finally got the time to get some done, they aren't anything because its my first time getting this thing done but hey.

Me attempting a full backflip on the bike

backflip.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

Me trying to drive inside a building

fsscr047.jpg

Me being confused confused.gif

fsscr043.jpg

And just your every day stunt....

fsscr080.jpg

whats the command line to stick something in the air like another ramp off the ground?

i already have and there are too many pages lol, Denoir!!! need your help

well i looked for it and i can't find it...so here it is from top of my head....(so not good)

first ramp(bottom one) is named ramp1, second one on top willbe ramp2. rampLenght is length of the ramp. rampHeight is height of ramp. values for rampLength and rampHeight must be entered manually.

in the code below, i'll assume length is 12, height 6.

here it goes.<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>(don't bother with this...it's crooked..i made mistake somewhere.)</span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

rampHeight=6; rampLength=12; rampdir=getdir ramp1; ramp2 setpos [(getpost ramp1 select 0)+rampLenghth*cos rampdir, (getpost ramp1 select 1)+rampLenghth*sin rampdir, (getpost ramp1 select 2)+rampHeight]

<span id='postcolor'>

again, this is done from top of my head, without testing....hopefully this helps.

i have never seen anyone use the heights and lenght of an object to make a script work, or what ever... Maybe when i get up tomorrow i will check it out, im too tired now lol.

Thanks anyway, hope it does work. I may have it on my HD somewhere too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 04 2002,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i looked for it and i can't find it...so here it is from top of my head....(so not good)

first ramp(bottom one) is named ramp1, second one on top willbe ramp2. rampLenght is length of the ramp. rampHeight is height of ramp. values for rampLength and rampHeight must be entered manually.

in the code below, i'll assume length is 12, height 6.

here it goes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

rampHeight=6; rampLength=12; rampdir=getdir ramp1; ramp2 setpos [(getpost ramp1 select 0)+rampLenghth*cos rampdir, (getpost ramp1 select 1)+rampLenghth*sin rampdir, (getpost ramp1 select 2)+rampHeight]

<span id='postcolor'>

again, this is done from top of my head, without testing....hopefully this helps.<span id='postcolor'>

this is basically the most complicated solution I have ever seen! biggrin.gif

Man, you must be in love with your keyboard, writing an entire letter into your init fields. The simply setpos would be sufficient. Set the last number of the setpos thing to 0 in the init of the first ramp, then to 12 of the second ramp, then to 18 of the third.... that would work perfectly!

*shouting* Hey guys try this 2 minute map i made, its pretty hard to get across the pre made ramp bridge lol...

DL it here biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 04 2002,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is basically the most complicated solution I have ever seen!  biggrin.gif

Man, you must be in love with your keyboard, writing an entire letter into your init fields. The simply setpos would be sufficient. Set the last number of the setpos thing to 0 in the init of the first ramp, then to 12 of the second ramp, then to 18 of the third.... that would work perfectly!<span id='postcolor'>

in the eyes of not-mathematically trained, yes. smile.gif muhahahahahaha tounge.gif

actually, the first element in setpos was typed, and following 2 was copy and paste job, with little adjusting smile.gif

your solution would work, but mine works on every angle and is more accurate....muhahahahahahahaha!!!!

*gasp.....damn glue..almost choked*

ok..sorry guys..my little formula is fubared....

1.typos

2.floating decimal problem.

seems like my little equation is fubared thanx to floating decimal problem. i got the damn ramps at postition, but it's misaligned. don't worry. that floating decimal is problem for all computing related math.

so my suggestion is ignore the equation, and use setpos manually.

to use setpos, this is the syntax

(name of ramp) setpos [x,y,height]

more specifically,

if the ramp heads north,

this setpos [(getpos ramp1 select 0),(getpos ramp1 select 1)+36.5,6.5]

lenghth of ramp: 36.5

height of ramp: 6.5

I'd still like to know how i push my car with a plane without it blowing up..........DENOIR!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 05 2002,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in the eyes of not-mathematically trained, yes. smile.gif  muhahahahahaha tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Me fail math? That's unpossible!

Got some killer new stunt shots on the way, after reading how to do the setacctime thingy...icon14.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 05 2002,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks Ralph, I'll give it a try.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

there is still a much easier solution. I think if you search through the first ten pages you will find it. I am working on my dissertation right now so if it didnt work for you till tonight I will certainly find it for you! smile.gif

did ANYONE! dl my little mission? confused.gif

and its simple, just use

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2)+confused.gif]

in the init field