Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Are you guys using FFIS? When testing with FFIS there was a lag with the door. :/ Crud another bug of incompatibility!!

Yes they are supposed to get back in. I missed something trying to rush this out before work. I'll have at least that fixed before work or tonight after work. Thanks for pointing that out fellows. Kind of hard to bug hunt by my self. lol maybe I should put this back into wip.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Ok this is with CBA JSRS Blastcore FA18 Vehicles_refined and A3 mappack.

The doors work fine, and is this the menu you are talking about at the end of the video?

PS I've got the mechs loading and unloading correctly now. I cant believe I missed that one. I guess I was more focused on them getting out at the right time, becuase in my previous releases they were not doing so correctly all the time. Added a little bit more code to hopefully eliminate more lag.

Disabling FFIS didn't help. Delay when I open doors still there. I was also using JSRS

I use WarFX, TPW, JSRS, bcombat and tmr mods. I think this lag also affects tmr optics (2d scopes) - it takes several seconds to load 2d optics.

Going to test this more.

edit:

Tested with AISS latest version and CBA only. Door lag is present and also configuration menu wouldnt open.

Edited by b0s

Guys you need to test this without ANYTHING else running to check if it is this mod or another.

sorry for the delay. Kind of hecktic at my house. lol

http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/80217293/file.html update 1.2.1

Things to know for use:

Make sure you have AISS userconfigs in the userconfig folder of Arm3 game directory.

Make sure you have user configs set to where you like them.

Make sure your APC is the leader of your mech squads.

Known issues:

I'm not sure whats causing it yet. But with other mods there is a delay with doors, and menu's.

Also I think its just happening with ALLinArma or Iron front or both. but there is an error that pops up with respawning units using AISS respawn They seem to respawn fine just with an annoying error.

Fixed in hot fix.

Few minor tweaks. Hopefully will limit the delay on menu's and doors with other mods.

Men will now board APC if enemy contacts are out of range of vehicle or unknown. Range is 300 meters or less when disembarking.

@BOs How does this work with Bcombat? I've been thinking about DLing that one. Looks pretty interesting.

P.S. AISS will be a signed version on PlayWithSix. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

@BOs How does this work with Bcombat? I've been thinking about DLing that one. Looks pretty interesting.

Hi Mikey74,

As a matter of fact I just tried it with 2 groups and vehicle on each side, with your 1.2 version and bCombat. No error messages, soooo that's a good start I guess ;)

It was quite good, bCombat is amazing and I would strongly suggest (read: I really wish ;)) you'd go for a seamless integration as both mods provide some very useful and interesting features!

Good job there, and try it! Btw I didn't have any lag with opening doors, but however the 'death screen' was very laggy, the text writing veery slowly across the screen... Using JSRS and Blastcore also.

I get that as well last test before release. when I add other mods it gets worse. I'll try and figure out how to kill AISS when a player days. The problem is and this is were it will get tricky to make it were it doesnt screw up Multiplayer aspect. lol So far I've found that scripting is like a spider spinning a web. You get one link up and good, and all of the sudden there is another link that pops lose. lol I so need an expert coder on this.

Thanks for the reply. Im fixing to test this with TMR then I'll look at Bcombat. That one is just a script not a PBO I think so I want have to restart arma. lol

That one is just a script not a PBO I think so I want have to restart arma. lol

Ahm... I believe bCombat is a full pbo, so no luck there :p

ohhhhh its been a while sense I looked at that one. Well my kids are waking up. So my testing part is paused. They all like WWII stuff its back to Iron front mod testing while playing I go. lol but 1st gotta find the dl page or see if its on PW6

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

And it seems that everything works now! No more laggy doors/optics and also the options menu opens now. Thank you very much!:)

And bcombat seems to work just fine with AISS. Havent looked at error logs tho.

Edited by b0s

OHHH GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! phewwwww. I wasnt sure I was going to be able to fix that. lol

AISS fans: lol If any.

I think maybe the next BIG update I'm may add to my AISS respawn script for custom loadout and units. So if you place a unit in the editor and change his clothes or weapons he or they will respawn with all of that. Other than that I may just improve what I have and leave it be.

Your thoughts and/or ideas?

Anyone with a good knowledge in scripting if you'd like to take over AISS. PM me

Edited by Mikey74

Bro that would be great!! I've been messing around with LEA and i still cant seem to get my AI units to re-spawn with their custom loadouts; so if you implement something of your own in this it will be appreciated.

I think All I'll have to do is implement something like this to AI instead of MP. may be a few days before I put that up. I'm working on couple more tweaks for all my AI on AISS rules of engagement. Once I'm a bit happier with that. I'll start work soon. If you have scripting knowledge and can convert that over for me it would be much appreciated and I'll include you in as co author. If you'd like that.

So far I love the mod but cannot implement it at this time for my group. It has been causing client crashing when run on a dedicated server, has anyone else had this issue? We also do have FFIS enabled on the server.

I've put up a wip page for AISS. 1 I really dont understand how to make this work on a server. I can make it work on LAN and on Multiplayer part I've not tested sense initial release. If you know anyone with scripting knowledge and working with servers please direct them over to the AISS and Servers thread. Other wise I'm stuck in the mud. :cryy:

I have a wip thread called AISS and servers. I'll be releasing canditates for testing on this thread before I release them in here. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Mikey74

Sorry to rain on the parade guys, but i still seem to have the config options menu bug. I'm just in the midst of testing with mods, but it doesnt seem to be related to A3MP, FFIS, or JSRS.

@ Artemas I think I was the only one with the issues with FFIS, but I also had TPW running at the time too. I thought I had taken that one off. It was probably overload on my obsolete system. lol I can say that Alive I know for sure is at the moment incompatible with AISS. I've not tested TPW with the newer versions yet. Thanks for the input. If you narrow down the mods you have that you havnt ruled out yet. This may help also. If you can run AISS without any other mods installed or running at least not running, and it still does it. This will help also let me know what version you have of AISS. Thanks

Glad to hear Denco and thanks!! :)

Hi

Sorry, but the Configuration menu problem returned. No idea why it worked some time. Made a mission in editor and no problems (infantry combat), then made a new mission in editor (planes) and Config menu wouldnt open again.

hmm maybe it has to do with CAS. What mods do you use that have to do with AI enhancement and planes. This may narrow down my trouble shooting. When I see what you use I'll DL them and see if it will do it on mine and we will work our way down from there. Thanks B0s

Just tested with TPW no issues.

AISS with these mods so far and examples:

JSRS,Blastcore,FFIS,TPW,Bcombat,VehicleRefined,TMR_ALT,Vehicle_refined. (I though I has bakermans AISS :confused: where did it go1?!?!)

On my mission I have 2 Csat inf squads and 1 tank, for nato I have 1 f18, 1 fire team, and 1 Mech squad.

Going to put all AI_enhancements on and test now just waiting for it to reload now. What I need to figure out is what mod is causing this with AISS. So far I've not seen the door or the config error. The easiest and quickest way for me to figure out is what mods you are using.

I have 1 sneaky suspicion of what it could be. It may be the fired event handlers.

ok just tested these all together with AISS:

JSRS,Blastcore,FFIS,TPW,Bcombat,VehicleRefined,TMR_ALT,Vehicle_refined,ALLinArma,A3Mappack,FA18 and CBA_A3.

Same units as above.

There was some lag with config menu, and slight lag with doors.

What I need to know:

1) what mods you're using with AISS or scripts.

2) How many units, and what types you are using are in your missions when this happends. See my example above.

3) Maybe a copy of your mission or a mission this is happening in.

Hopefully one of those 3 will get me pointed in the right direction. ;)

Edited by Mikey74
Newer test

So lag caused by AiA or A3MP then (if blue causes lag and green doesn't :) )

So lag caused by AiA or A3MP then (if blue causes lag and green doesn't :) )

LOL pretty much. I can confirm though its not A3MP I've been using that one the whole time with no problems, it also works fine with Bcombat, and it is not working well with Alive. Aside from ALiVE I've not had any problems, but did notice some lag with my last test. The ones in the blue ;) lol

That being said point is. Unless I know whats causing this with other people. I cannot fix it. I'm not having problems at the moment. So I have to find out what mod or mods that's not compatible with AISS. Going to test with HAL now. I haven't used that one in a while.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

hmmm added HAL and AIS back on no lag at all, BUT I did notice HAL and AISS mech script have some inconsistencies. They still work together, BUT Mech squads are all out of wack till they reach 200 meters to known enemies. :/ Must find a fix for that. So far I've been unable to cause the config issue. :(