Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

I did this 1 cause I love to see Artillery falling on me as well. Makes the missions more intense. 2 Cause eventually I want to make a campaign based off the book the war after Armageddon. The United Muslim Army have about as good technology as Nato does in that book. In fact.. I've wonder if BIS has read that book as well. lol

united muslim army, that book sounds pretty swell.

i'd like to be able to tinker with, in the user config, the likelihood of a fire mission being accepted, the maximum range that artillery is 'detected' for fire missions, and the size of salvoes. You mentioned earlier that only artillery within 1000m was tasked, and were considering raising that number to 5 km, that's what I meant by 'range variables'.

Hello there

It might be interesting to precede any barrage with a marker round. It would definitely add a sense of urgency to relocate.

Just a thought.

Rgds

LoK

@Helari Yes its my 2nd time around reading that book. Its a pretty good book if your into military books.

@artemas hmmmm Likely hood of fire mission is possible and is on my list for userconfig right now its right at 50% chance, Size of Salvoes is on my userconfig plans right now is random 8 per unit in a group, 1000m was changed to 10,000m in last update I believe or coming in next update, but yes that will also be in the userconfig as well.

@Orlok I think I may add that option in the userconfig release.

********* Ideas on my userconfigs *******

Userconfig will look something like this:

Max_Rnd_Radius = 140; ///Random number for how far out Shells will far from Target position.

Min_Radius = 140; //// Minimum amount of radius you want the rounds to fall from target position.

Art_Salvo = 8; ////// Right now default is random 8 per unit in a group. So if you have a group of 4 units and random hits 8 you will have a 36 shell Salvo giving some poor AI or player a bad day.

Marker_pos = False; ///// If true Marker will pop up where Artillery is targeted.

Armor_support = True; //// Armor will be used in a supportive roll rather than Blitzkrieg type warfare running headlong into an ATGM.

Infantry_support = True; //// A portion of Infantry will be held in reserve until another group suffers many casualties then will be sent in as reinforcments.

CAS_support = True; ///// IF enemy Armor is close by or out matched overwhelmingly a call will come in for CAS.

WAY DISTANT FUTURE:

AI_Respawn = True; ///// An AI placed unit on the map when its destroyed will respawn back into original starting position and be sent an an SAD mission to place he was killed. then continue his original WP.

AI_times = 3; //// Times you want each unit to respawn after being killed.

Respawn_Markers = "Here"; Where you want it to respawn if not in original position.

West_AI_obj = "Obj_1W",OBJ_2W"; If you want AISS to pick the missions you want your AI to go on.

West_AI_type = "Defend","attack","patrol"; What you want the AI to be doing with Objective.

IDK some Ideas Ive been floating around. I know this much. I'm going to have to rewrite this script to implement just the 1st few userconfig's. BUT I think in the long run it will be more enjoyable and bennificial to mission makers.

With that said. I will update this script for now, but will start working on redoing it much better than its current state. This will most likely take some time. Unless the flood gate opens and I start figuring out more stuff than I already have. lol

Thanks for your support and request. You really dont know how much this helps me out. :)

Hello there

Thanks for taking our ideas into consideration!

My advice is that I find that User choice is key to these things, as the more customisable you make it the larger the audience will take it up as a useful mod.

It doesn't have to be a flashy gui, an easy to read config is fine as long as its clear (you already seem to have that under control!)

Im very interested in this mod as I like to push Arma and its missions as much as poss. For eg, just adding random civvies and cars in via another popular mod here changes how standard missions play out almost completely and on the whole can really add to a mission.

So for me, anything that adds to the believability and sometimes randomness of Arma warfare can only be a good thing.

Rgds

LoK

@Helari Yes its my 2nd time around reading that book. Its a pretty good book if your into military books.

ill take a look if i ever want a good laugh.

UPDATE 1.4 http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/77282458/file.html

Fixed crazy error. loop would look for non existent leader.

Started setting script up for userconfigs, but not usable just yet.

Next update:

Implement userconfigs

set artillery to not fire when any friendlies in radius.

Implement other dreams.

other bugs that gets seen before next update.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have tested both 1.3 and 1.4 of this mod. Where as I can say the AI will use Artillery if the Artillery piece SEEs you (Regular ARMA3 they AI will not fire at all) I can not get the AI to fire on me or my general location "over the horizon." http://i.imgur.com/z3FcvDm.jpg (539 kB)

This image shows the test I have been trying to run, and I have tried various other arrangements, but no matter what I do I can not get the Arty piece on the Airstrip to begin firing on my location when I engage/after engagement with the OPFOR infantry squad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Artemas thanks :) Hopefully sometime between this weekend to early week after I'll have some of that implemented.

@Chocolate From the looks of your pic your too close to enemy AI. Minimum range is set to around 250 meters. I had to make the artillery not as accurate as we were all getting killed in 1st salvo. They are also set at aprrox 30% chance of fireing. That being said once I set up userconfigs you can set the variables as you like them ;) Oh and btw no need to sync anything. They all work automaticly. You just need a Artillery piece or a group of Artillery on your map with other AI. No scripts no syncing no nothing other than the previously mentioned. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks Mikey74 for the reply. It didn't click in my head that I needed to be 250m from the enemy for danger close reasons. I'll test this with me up on a hill.

UPDATES 1.5 http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/59724502/file.html

I tested script version works great and is stable.

Will test PBO version later on today sometime or tomorrow.

*******************Version 1.5************************

Userconfig is now implemented!!!!! :)

Player is no longer included in AI pool of forward observers.

ETA announcement for side is now working.

Couple more minor tweaks.

Edited by Mikey74

This seems to not initialize if you play as a civilian. Is that by design?

================================================

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

@sttosin It initializes with civilian, but Civilians are not in the forward observers AI pool, nor is the player. ;)

@Kremator This release is Addon version ;) I havnt tested it just yet, but should work as script version is. ;)

@foxhound Thanks :)

Userconfig is located in the addons folder. Just cut it out and place it in game directory

^^ cool mate ty. Tell me, does this only work for arty pieces already present when mission starts, or can it cope with on-the-fly spawned stuff? The reason I ask is that with 1.5 I spawned an MLRS and an observer (not part of each team) and placed them onto the map far apart. I then spawned some OPFOR tanks so that the observer could see them. The MLRS never fired :(

Will try again with 1.6

Cheers

Krem

ahhhh I deffo gotta fix that. I'm going to implement a respawn script into AISS. It may not yet. I havent gotten that far into testing, but it will be in there sooner or later.

=================================================

Edited by Guest
mirror updated

Mikey74 - love using this mod. Also I love firefight improvement mod, and this mod seems like a maturation of that mod (since it died), any chance you would incorporate it the diving for cover animations that's in that mod in yours? I think it would be great!