Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Latest videos on upcoming AISS release. A lot has been improved sense video's but they do demonstrate the direction suppressed, and suppression is heading. ;)

Noted adding a distance modifier to balance that out and also RedArmy adding an if surfaceiswater modifier too. ;)

Nice, good to hear you are still updating it too. Thanks for the reply :)

Doing some testing with Mikey

Some things to watch in the Vid

-AI suppress quite a bit

-AI move in the closest thing to bounding movement I have seen

-AI at top of screen and bottom of screen move up at same time keeping a dynamic front line

-When the AI are nearby a group member they cover other Arcs of Fire

-When the cam zooms in closer to the end, two blufor are killed and another Autorifleman moves up and begins suppressing the base of the hill and building there... while he does this his teammate moves back and covers the corner of the building and the video ends...

so far very promising.. Not sure if you guys will notice this but after several run throughs it seems to be there each time

I did a test in the open ground on Isla last night.

Test initiated smoke request, smoke will be WIP but I'm happy with it now. See how the other testers feel about the volume...

Edited by CosmiC10R

Hey Mikey.

We got alot of errors in our last mission.

1:34:00 Error in expression <ects [_bullet, ["CAManBase","Vehicle"], AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis];

if ((count _supr>

1:34:00 Error position: <AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis];

if ((count _supr>

1:34:00 Error Undefined variable in expression: aiss_sonic_crack_dis

1:34:00 File AISS\AISS_supress.sqf, line 11

1:34:00 Error in expression <ects [_bullet, ["CAManBase","Vehicle"], AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis];

if ((count _supr>

if ((count _supr>

if ((count _supr>

if ((count _supr>

if ((count _supr>

if ((count _supr>

if ((count _supr>

if ((count _supr>

That is going in a loop for very long.

Thanks putting together a fix, and hopefully tomorrow afternoon will be release.

AISS final Release!

AIM team is moving on from AISS2. We are starting a new mod. AISS2 will be updated only to fix bugs we may have missed. The fine toothed comb is wore down pretty good, but there is always a chance we missed something.

SPECIAL thanks to all thats help me on this mod. Starting with xmdm, oda72nd airborne Niko flyinpengiun...., Dos Attorney, all the modders before me who has tuaght me so much, and most especially to my biggest and most fierce critics THE AIM TEAM!!!!!! Cosmic Sttosin Froggy, Redarmy, JC Ralph, and probably other I cant remember your name!!! sorry and thank you all for all the help tips and advice on this. Please give it a try its come a lonnnnnggggg way!!!!! lol Enjoy

Changelog:

changed suppression system

added a check for routing and routed units

*units now act more human like in combat and under dourest*

fixed apc bug, but still under bis control

when unit is routing skills will drop

it takes longer to make them rout

but when routed they lose more skills, and are turned back over to bis for fleeing

some arty tweaks

added throw smoke somewhere in between routing and routed when suppressed or running for cover.

Added filter for units with suppressor on suppressed script so not recognized so easily.

Extended finding cover or random position range.

Few other minor tweaks and adjustments.... hey there has to be some surprises!!! :p

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I do have your mod installed but i do have to mention that sometimes it takes a while for the mission to continue. I know its related to your mod because i tested the beta version and this was worse then So that's how i know its related to your mod.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks you for the compliment, but I'm not sure what you're telling me? Could you give me more information? I've got a hotfix coming in next few days or so. If its something I can fix I will. :)

Like i and the SSG arrive at a destination in the first mission it takes a while before the mission continues"not only there", also you should make the BLUFOR troops a bit more accurate "shooting away all their ammo at a three" and slightly more prudent. And i noticed a couple of times some freezes of team mates after they where shot and healed. And yes i almost forgot i don't know it's the engine that's A3 is made of but if you can't see a enemy then i suppose calling out for attacking that enemy or position is strange so hopefully this can be fixed?

greetz

Edited by Baker1976

Hi Mikey,

Great mod, looking forward to really getting into it deeper. Just wanted to let you know the Final build that you put a link for does not have the userconfig folder in the download. I had to download one of the beta versions to get it.

Hi Mikey,

Great mod, looking forward to really getting into it deeper. Just wanted to let you know the Final build that you put a link for does not have the userconfig folder in the download. I had to download one of the beta versions to get it.

So that's why I keep getting that error even though there weren't files to put into the configuration. Thanks

Hi Mikey,

Lads

There is a user config,look at the folder that says "store"

open it and extract user config

Hi

I have read through the thread but didn't find answer. We have recently test AISS mod in our server. We use AliVE CAS module (Transport). When we run AISS on server, the mod took over the control of the Alive CAS and player lost control of CAS. Is there a way to disable the AISS to take over the control of ALiVE CAS unit? Other then that the mod work fine. Thank You

WOW AISS works on a server? coolness. Its been a bit sense I've used Alive. Now CAS module in ALive does this spawn units? or is it syncronized? If so just sync that unit to AISSExclude module and exclude your CAS unit, or simply give the CAS unit a HOLD WP. Exclude would be better thought as if ALive gives CAS a wp it may have unwanted behavior. AISS will use it as CAS. I guess lol in short if you prefer Alive doing the CAS you need to use AISS_Exclude module.

As to user_config: Where did you download AISS? IF steam then you will nee to download from Armaholic, here, or PWS. Yes the last version will have correct userconfig. I'll do another hot fix asap, and make sure there is a userconfig for it. I'm going through some burn out here even with the new mod. So I've been taking breaks. lol Hopefully I'll have some of this sorted out in a few days.

When you do have a user config make sure you place the userconfig folder in the main Arma 3 directory. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Lads

There is a user config,look at the folder that says "store"

open it and extract user config

This is correct. Just downloaded it and it is in the store part. lol No there is no charge. hahahaha I use play with six so I usually take the files from there and link it with my corrections. But yes it is in there. ;) Thanks Redarmy for pointing this out. :)

Edited by Mikey74

WOW AISS works on a server? coolness. Its been a bit sense I've used Alive. Now CAS module in ALive does this spawn units? or is it syncronized? If so just sync that unit to AISSExclude module and exclude your CAS unit, or simply give the CAS unit a HOLD WP. Exclude would be better thought as if ALive gives CAS a wp it may have unwanted behavior. AISS will use it as CAS. I guess lol in short if you prefer Alive doing the CAS you need to use AISS_Exclude module.

As to user_config: Where did you download AISS? IF steam then you will nee to download from Armaholic, here, or PWS. Yes the last version will have correct userconfig. I'll do another hot fix asap, and make sure there is a userconfig for it. I'm going through some burn out here even with the new mod. So I've been taking breaks. lol Hopefully I'll have some of this sorted out in a few days.

When you do have a user config make sure you place the userconfig folder in the main Arma 3 directory. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

This is correct. Just downloaded it and it is in the store part. lol No there is no charge. hahahaha I use play with six so I usually take the files from there and link it with my corrections. But yes it is in there. ;) Thanks Redarmy for pointing this out. :)

I downloaded it from the DropBox link in your original post. I found the userconfig file in the store directory, but it was labeled as a .tar file. I renamed it to .hpp put in the the folder structure to userconfig/aiss/aiss.hpp and the server was still asking or the userconfig or saying that it couldn't find it. Maybe I was just doing something wrong.

EDIT: I am also running this on a dedicated, seems to be working well so far. Don't mean to add to your work load Mikey! Just thought it would be helpful to let you know.

Edited by Ghost113

yeh you hav to extract it from tar... its basically the same thing as an rar.... When I update I'll fix that. It shouldnt have to be rocket science. lol sorry bout that. But yeh just extract it like you would an RAR. ;)

EDIT: no no no I love the feed back burn out was from spending 18+ hours a day working on these codes just for me. lol my team keeps telling me mikey stop and just play the game!!! lol but I love to make things work and work better so sorry for my team I ignored there warnings and got burned out. lol My burn outs dont last very long. The longest was probably 2 months but that was also do to a move a hospital emergency and major surgery. lol

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

AISS@ final fix2

Adds easier to find userconfig in @aiss folder. please move Userconfig folder to main A3 directory

stops some of the units from getting stuck as much. remember if there moral is very low they will get stuck especially if they have low skill set.

fixed support bug where units didnt return to original wp's

few other minor tweaks untested as of yet except by me. Sorry AIM team but had to fix few things immediately. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

I should have extracted it on my computer first instead of my server then I wouldn't of had that problem!

Thank you for providing the fix and all the hard work on the mod. It is widely appreciated.