tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW SETTINGS

[1.2.0]

- working presets

- removed 'RENAME' button

- nicer grids in mod windows

- added HUD tooltips

Important changes made to README:

Usage:

PRESETS

- 'SAVE': pick a name and save the current parameter values as a new preset

- 'DELETE': permanently delete the selected preset

Next Steps:

1. Version number

Limitations:

- If you wish to rename a preset, select it, delete it, and save it again with the new name.

Ok this should be 100% working. "should" because Java decided (for some unknown reason) that the same code isn't supposed to work under the same circumstances if compiled at different times of the day: this made debugging a nightmare, since a total program freeze popped up from nowhere. The result of this debugging session is that code is now a mess (again), so don't look at it unless you're looking for headaches.

Test it and please tell me if anything wrong happens.

Yay!

TPW HUD 20140427: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140427.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.19] New HUD element PRX displays a count of squad, friendly/civ and enemies currently being tracked by the HUD.

Please update your /userconfig/tpw_mods/tpw_mods.hpp:

tpw_hud_prx[] = {1,0.5,0.5,1}; // PRX = display numbers of nearby units.
tpw_hud_prx_txt = "<t color='%4'>%1</t> <t color='%5'>%2</t> <t color='%6'>%3</t><t size='0.5'><br />PRX</t>"; // PRX

@Gliptal, thanks very much for all your work with TPW SETTINGS. It works perfectly, but unfortunately 1.2.0 was release just in time for me to add a couple new TPW HUD variables!

Damn it here I thought I could go to sleep. I'll update shortly.

Yay!

---------- Post added at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 ----------

TPW SETTINGS

[1.2.1] | UPDATE YOUR PRESETS

- parameters matching HUD [1.19]

Limitations:

- Presets are not backwards compatible. You can make them so by adding the right lines at the right places manually (just edit the .PRST files with a text editor).

Now just don't go and add any new parameters until I wake up. :p

Yay!

Damn it here I thought I could go to sleep. I'll update shortly.

Yay!

---------- Post added at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 ----------

TPW SETTINGS

Now just don't go and add any new parameters until I wake up. :p

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal, you are a champion. I've updated TPW SETTINGS in the download.

I thought the HUD was not working for a while then I shot at someone and it put a red thing around them so I liked that, then I tried first person and it all worked, I never read the part about it not working in 3rd person view before I guess I missed that part

is there anyway to get it working in 3rd person?

or maybe just the range? thats all I really need other than vission modes of course

I thought the HUD was not working for a while then I shot at someone and it put a red thing around them so I liked that, then I tried first person and it all worked, I never read the part about it not working in 3rd person view before I guess I missed that part

is there anyway to get it working in 3rd person?

or maybe just the range? thats all I really need other than vission modes of course

TPW HUD is disabled in 3rd person by design - I don't believe you should be able to see through the player's eyes when your point of view is over their shoulder, and that's my prerogative as the author. You can alter that behaviour if you want to edit scripts and remove cameraview != "external". But I'm not going to do it for you.

If you want to change the range you need to modify the TPW_MODS.hpp:

tpw_hud_range[] = {25,500}; // effective range of goggles to scan for units

25 is the minimum distance a unit has to be to show up, 500 is the maximum beyond which it won't show up. Alter these to taste.

Hi tpw

Great to see what you've been up to, looking forward to trying it out.

Hmm - for official as well as user missions & campaigns, could you add an optional addition of tactical glasses to the player's inventory? Dumping the genrrally useless chemlights from the (dire) stock loadouts would make space to add it to the inventory so you might not need to have a great list of if.. else statements to remove whatever glasees might have been allocated.

TPW MODS 20140428: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140428.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.20] Full colour night vision, toggled with Ctrl+Alt+N. HUD brightness now cycles with Ctrl+Alt+H.

It was suggested early in the piece that the TAC goggles should offer night vision. The other day I was actually looking at youtube video of some crowd who have released cathodeless night vision. It was greyscale, but not impossible to imagine that 20 years down the line there'd be a colour variant. And now there is! TPW HUD full colour night vision just cranks open the aperture of the in game camera and overlays some film grain and blur to simulate the electronic imperfection , et voila!

@Orcinus, I'll have a look at what I can do, but I really don't want to step on other mission makers' toes regarding loadouts etc. Maybe I can make it a setting.

Didn't get a chance to download this yesterday (damn you, RL!) but will be testing this tonight after work. Totally agree with Variable ... you are a coding guru tpw! Thankyou so much for your work mate !

You are a true beast TPW, *hats off*.

Cheers mate, I appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Didn't get a chance to download this yesterday (damn you, RL!) but will be testing this tonight after work. Totally agree with Variable ... you are a coding guru tpw! Thankyou so much for your work mate !

Appreciate this too!

Make sure you test presets too please, I need user feedback! :D

Yay!

Make sure you test presets too please, I need user feedback! :D

Yay!

Thought i'd give this a try this morning as i never bothered! But tried it and will be using this all the time, even changing the civilian count for example was a dream to use. Awesome Gliptal! I want it for all my mods hpp settings now! ;)

Nice, glad to see it proved helpful!

Yay!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Apologies for being backwards about this, but could someone please link to how we can use the new interface for this mod?

If I missed it, I'm sorry in advance guys!

This mod is the single most affecting mod for ARMA 3 imo... It's brilliant. :)

Apologies for being backwards about this, but could someone please link to how we can use the new interface for this mod?

If I missed it, I'm sorry in advance guys!

This mod is the single most affecting mod for ARMA 3 imo... It's brilliant. :)

Are you referring to the Hud or to the .jar?

The HUD has a nice explanation .txt in the TPW MODS package; you can read about TPW SETTINGS usage here.

TODO: Add a 'help' link to TPW SETTINGS. :p

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

TPW,

firstly, thank you so much for the continued work on your mod! Ive been using it all the time since the release, and the features you keep adding keep making the game so much more immersive.

Now, if I may, would you consider adding the full color night vision option in 3rd person? Also, the IR laser becomes useless with the new NV: would there be any way around that?

Once again, thank you kindly for all your work!

I'm using the latest version from PwS and while playing Rydygier's Pilgrimage mission, I received some TPW HUD errors while in a town with quite a few civilians. Here's what showed up in my RPT file:

Error in expression <ineintersects [eyepos _squadmem, eyepos _unit,vehicle _unit,vehicle _squadmem] &>
 Error position: <_unit,vehicle _unit,vehicle _squadmem] &>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 319
Error in expression <_temp, _unit]; 
};
case "hidden":
{
if (_unit getvariable "tpw_hud_lasttime" > t>
 Error position: <_unit getvariable "tpw_hud_lasttime" > t>
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 384
Error in expression <s = "hidden";
_unit = tpw_hud_nearunits select _ct;

_scale = tpw_hud_maxiconsi>
 Error position: <select _ct;

_scale = tpw_hud_maxiconsi>
 Error Zero divisor
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 304
Unknown attribute itemsCmd
Error in expression < = tpw_hud_maxiconsize - (round (player distance _unit) / 200);
if (_scale < tpw>
 Error position: <distance _unit) / 200);
if (_scale < tpw>
 Error distance: Type Number, expected Array,Object,Location
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 307
Error in expression <ineintersects [eyepos _squadmem, eyepos _unit,vehicle _unit,vehicle _squadmem] &>
 Error position: <_unit,vehicle _unit,vehicle _squadmem] &>
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 319
Error in expression <_temp, _unit]; 
};
case "hidden":
{
if (_unit getvariable "tpw_hud_lasttime" > t>
 Error position: <_unit getvariable "tpw_hud_lasttime" > t>
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 384
Error in expression <d_maxiconsize - (round (player distance _unit) / 200);
if (_scale < tpw_hud_mini>
 Error position: <_unit) / 200);
if (_scale < tpw_hud_mini>
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 307

@GvsE: The IR laser works by some kind of hiddenselection I think, which is activated when switching to NV. I will have to look into this to see if I can force the same behaviour with HUD NV, but can't make any promises.

@ebarstad: I've seen this error very occasionally too. I think it has something to do with units despawning, ie a unit is identified as a candidate for the HUD and placed into an array, but despawns before the array can be scanned for the HUD icon display. I'll see what I can do.

So I did a mission with flashlights and your HUD in the forests of Chernarus. It was dark and I didn't have any NODs, so I tried out your HUD's in built thing and it was surreal. Like I was watching found footage of a snuff movie (and I mean that in the best possible way). I do have one problem with it, though:

When you use Ctrl+Alt+N you also turn on the NV goggles, so I wonder if there was maybe a way to change the keybinding. Maybe something like Ctrl+Alt+H for the cat's eyes and Ctrl+H for HUD opacity.

@ebarstad: I've seen this error very occasionally too. I think it has something to do with units despawning, ie a unit is identified as a candidate for the HUD and placed into an array, but despawns before the array can be scanned for the HUD icon display. I'll see what I can do.

Hi mate, try wrapping it in a:

if (not isNull _unit and {not isNull _squadmem}) then {// your code};

Just a guess so untested!

:)

@GvsE: The IR laser works by some kind of hiddenselection I think, which is activated when switching to NV. I will have to look into this to see if I can force the same behaviour with HUD NV, but can't make any promises.

Understood, and thanks for looking into this at all! What about the full-color NV in 3rd person, is it something you might consider?