tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

One more big request. Could you, please, use addMusicEventHandler instead of setMusicEventHandler in the radio feature? According to description and my observations, set- overwrites any other music EHs, what, for example, breaks jukebox in my mission. Especially, that seems, so these EHs are set even, if radio feature is disabled (or I misread the code, not sure why it is done that way). Add- should be equally proper and seems harmless - adds new EH to the previous.

Some issue: if player has set in his profile some default glasses, then he launch the game, founds tactical glasses and use them, then exit to main menu then load this last saved game, default glasses will replace those, player wore earlier. Thats seems vanilla thing. But in such case strange things happens: tactical glasses are gone of course, but some HUD elements (unit icons) are still visible, but showing empty places or misplaced. New icons will not show up, it is about those present at mission exit. Finding new tactical glasses fixes the problem until next exit and load. So player is forced either to remove default glasses from the profile, or to take off tactical glasses before each save/exit. Not sure, if this happens always in such situation, or only sometimes.

Also in RPT saw once such two messages:

Error in expression <ariable ["tpw_hud_lasttime",time + 30];
drawIcon3D ["\tpw_hud\cursor.paa",(_x ge>
 Error position: <drawIcon3D ["\tpw_hud\cursor.paa",(_x ge>
 Error Type Any, expected Number
File TPW_MODS\tpw_hud.sqf, line 302

Another thing: noted, so vehicles aren't marked in 3D. IMO definitelly should be, with other icon and perhaps guesstimated type.

And some idea perhaps: thought about unit icons distance limit. If this simulates kind of technical limitations of showing distant units, then perhaps this shouldn't be always strictly same distance, when icon disappears, but rather something floating around that value? I mean, close to the limit should drop reliability of these icons (position, following target, distance shown), and somehwere at limit distance, maybe a bit closer, or farther icon could disappear completely. So there could be a slim chance to show unreliably from time to time even farther units/vehicles, the bigger, the more often, but also chance, so unit icon will disappear temporarily or permanently even within theoretical range. This IMO would improve immersion and could be more convincing way of functioning for such tool. Some random imperfections of such kind also within range, if rare, may be nice too. Probability/intensity of such interferences may be dependent on distance, daytime/night, weather (fog, rain, overcast (no shadows - harder to detect movement, sun - harder to detect hot objects etc)), unit silhuette (stance/size), speed of target movement, speed of the player or even something more fancy (eg strong wind in forest or on the sea will cause many moving elements in ambience, and this could influence following/detecting moving in the woods targets reliability etc.)... Of course as an option, not all may like that idea.

Thanks as always for the input Ryd.

I have no way of detecting that a saved game has loaded, but I have implemented a workaround. If you see any glitching after a save game has loaded under the conditions you describe, hitting ctrl-h will actually reset the HUD functions, including clearing out any zombie icons.

As I've explained several times, vehicle icons work, but they just don't work well. I am continuing to work on this, just don't hold your breath.

Simulating differing detection efficiencies is on my to do list, but I need to do it in a non CPU choking way.

This mod is amazing, never ever without tactical glasses again!

Would it be possible to add a kind of keyboard shortcut to activate and deactive it's function? Or some sort of check to see if it's working or not?

Just had a weird problem yesterday: Was hosting a small MP session for a friend and me. Both playing with the mod version from 15th, all the immersion sounds were far too loud. I could here animals screaming all over the map, the random local music was playing extremley loud, helicopters, gunshots and everything was barely audible. We had to end the mission... in the editor however, everything was back to normal. There was no change in any sound settings. My friend noticed the same effect.

Hi KH. Ctrl-H will cycle through HUD brightness. One of those is 0 brightness = no HUD.

These are player centric SP mods, if you have multiple players running them clientside in MP then each player will be spawning various sounds and ambience.

The HUD is so amazing I have removed the requirement for any goggles at all. I have also changed it so that I can now see all vehicles too. I know it is not official but man, this MAKES the game!

Appreciate all the hard work tpw is doing!

Cheers mate. Can you send me the vehicle code, because mine is giving me the shits.

Thanks!

I'm moving through Java file I/O at a much faster rate than I expected, I may be finished by this weekend. In the meantime you can all take a look to the completed skeleton (now with tooltips!), check this github link.

I'm leaving HUD for last, since I also want to implement a working preview and I think it's better I wait for the parameters change to calm down a bit. :p

Yay!

Awesome!

Hey, thanks Gliptal.

@tpw ... is it possible to use this same HUD functionality on a drone perhaps (or anything with a camera on it)? Being able to track friendlies and enemies using the HUD onboard a drone would again add to immersion (in 2035 !)

Thinking about Gliptals work, it isn't possible to change settings INGAME (obviously as admin) therefore you could switch CIVs on/off, have boats working/not working but on the fly ?

Yeah I thought of the drone thing. I'll put it into my to-do list.

Many ambient features can be switched on/off in-game. Have a look at the first post:

tpw_animal_active = true/false

tpw_boat_active = true/false

tpw_car_active = true/false

tpw_civ_active = true/false

tpw_houselights_active = true/false

tpw_park_active = true/false

tpw_radio_active = true/false

tpw_streetlights_active = true/false

One more big request. Could you, please, use addMusicEventHandler instead of setMusicEventHandler in the radio feature? According to description and my observations, set- overwrites any other music EHs, what, for example, breaks jukebox in my mission. Especially, that seems, so these EHs are set even, if radio feature is disabled (or I misread the code, not sure why it is done that way). Add- should be equally proper and seems harmless - adds new EH to the previous.

Done.

TPW,

I finally got a chance to try the new version and YES, the !!text_marker blinking is GONE. Thank you very much for all the hard work. I am a happy camper.

Make sure you take a break when our feature requests get to be too stressful. It has to be fun. And if you work too much on this, it might stop being fun. So take a break and celebrate your success. If you plane to visit San Diego sometime, lemme know and I'll take you out for a beer or something.

-V

@tpw - your inbox is full.

I'm not a coder but a tinkerer. You will see that I haven't changed MUCH at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjotl2bykxx2z5x/tpw_mods.pbo

The only problem with it is when you have a teammate inside a building up a few floors the diamond marker shows them on the ground floor, but I can live with that :)

Regarding the blinking I DID see it today with the new version, but it was with 2 close map markers (!!here kinda thing) on the screen at the same time.

Cheers

Krem

TPW MODS 20140417: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140417.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.09] HUD element structured text may now be edited in the TPW_MODS.hpp. Ctrl-H resets HUD functions while adjusting brightness, and can be used to remove icon glitches which can appear after certain loading of save game conditions.

[sTREETLIGHTS 1.01] Changes to streetlight colour selection.

[FOG 1.16] Lowered maximum temperature for ground/breath fog to 10degC.

[RADIO 1.13] Uses addmusicevenhandler, should cause fewer conflicts with other jukebox scripts.

Please update your /userconfig/tpw_mods/tpw_mods.hpp

// HUD
tpw_hud_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_hud_range[] = {25,500}; // effective range of goggles to scan for units
tpw_hud_colour[] = {1,1,1}; // HUD and friendly units colour
tpw_hud_enemycolour[] = {1,0.5,0}; // enemy colour
tpw_hud_squadcolour[] = {0,1,1}; // squad and marker colour
tpw_hud_alpha = 0.6; // initial transparency of HUD. 0 = invisible, 1 = opaque
tpw_hud_asl[] =	{1,0.6,0.45,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size]
tpw_hud_azt[] =	{1,0.5,0.45,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze). 
tpw_hud_grd[] =	{1,0.4,0.45,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates. 
tpw_hud_lmt[] =	{1,0.4,0.5,1}; // LMT = local mean time.
tpw_hud_tmp[] =	{1,0.6,0.5,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) . 
tpw_hud_hlt[] =	{1,0.4,0.55,1}; // HLT= health.
tpw_hud_rng[] =	{1,0.5,0.55,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze. 
tpw_hud_vel[] =	{1,0.6,0.55,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).
tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,2,0.5,0.75}; // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 2 = icon max size, 0.5 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).
tpw_hud_offset[] = {0.35,0.28}; //HUD offset. [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5
tpw_hud_scale = 0.8; // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_textscale = 1; // HUD text scale. > 1 = larger

// HUD LAYOUT - ONLY EDIT THESE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH STRUCTURED TEXT
tpw_hud_asl_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />ASL</t>"; // ASL
tpw_hud_azt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />AZT %2</t>"; // AZT
tpw_hud_grd_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />GRD</t>"; // GRD
tpw_hud_lmt_txt = "%1%2<t size='0.5'><br />LMT"; // LMT
tpw_hud_tmp_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />TMP</t>"; // TMP
tpw_hud_hlt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />HLT</t>"; // HLT
tpw_hud_rng_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />RNG</t>"; // RNG
tpw_hud_vel_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />VEL</t>"; // VEL
tpw_hud_airvel_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />VEL KTS</t>"; // VEL IN AIRCRAFT

The big change is the ability to edit the actual HUD element structured text.

@Krem, I've emptied my inbox, please try again

Edited by tpw

Nice work tpw! I take that the Streetlights change corresponds to that flag shifting I mentioned earlier?

Here is the usual git with my work-in-progress GUI. I finished setting up some basic I/O functions, used to read and write the config file: note that

'TPW Settings.jar'

MUST be in the same folder with

'TPW_CONFIG.hpp'

or the whole program won't work.

Right now it doesn't do much: I still need to link GUI fields changes and actual file updates. To further elaborate, the program parses

'TPW_CONFIG.hpp'

and initializes the GUI to match exactly the parameter values found in the file. You can check this behaviour by modifying this file BEFORE starting the program: you will see the changes correctly reflected in the initial GUI values.

The "APPLY" button is technically working, although for now it simply copies the already existing values back into file. You can also check this works by deleting

'TPW_CONFIG.hpp'

AFTER starting the program, and then clicking "APPLY" (either in the main window or in a specific mod window): the file will be recreated with all initial values set.

Let me sum up everything: as for now, changing the values using the GUI will NOT update the file, although changing the file before starting the program WILL update the initial GUI values.

About parsing: as you may have noticed the

'TPW_CONFIG.hpp'

created by the program (by clicking the "APPLY" button) is somewhat different than tpw's: parameters aren't commented (you can find all the info you need in the tooltips), and more importantly every mod section is separated by

//><

. This last identifier is necessary for the parsing to work, hence here is my request:

@tpw: From now on, could you please separate each mod section of

'TPW_CONFIG.hpp'

with

//><

? You can leave, add or remove any other comments at your leisure; blank lines also won't hinder the parsing in any way. The idea is for the file to look somewhat like this:

// CONFIGURATION VALUES FOR TPW MODS

// STARTUP HINT
tpw_hint_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
//><
// AIR
tpw_air_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_air_delay = 10; // delay before flybys start (sec)
tpw_air_time = 300; // maximum time between flybys
tpw_air_max = 2; // maximum aircraft at a given time
//><
// ANIMALS
tpw_animal_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_animal_delay = 10; // delay before animals start spawning (sec)
tpw_animal_max = 15; // maximum animals near player. 0 = ambient animals disabled
tpw_animal_maxradius = 200; // distance beyond which animals will be removed
tpw_animal_minradius = 75; // minimum distance from player to spawn animals
tpw_animal_noisetime = 60; // maximum time between dog/cat noises
//><
// BLEEDOUT
tpw_bleedout_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_bleedout_inc = 5; // unit damage will be increased by this % every 10 sec
tpw_bleedout_cthresh = 0.5; // damage beyond which a unit will be forced into crouch
tpw_bleedout_pthresh = 0.7; // damage beyond which a unit will be forced into prone
tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.85; // damage beyond which a unit will writhe around incapacitated (1 = dead)
//><
// BOATS
tpw_boat_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_boat_delay = 10; // delay before boats start spawning (sec)
tpw_boat_radius = 1000; // radius (m) around player to check for water spawn boats
tpw_boat_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to give each boat
tpw_boat_num = 3; // max number of boats to spawn around player. 0 = ambient boats disabled
//><
// CARS
tpw_car_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_car_delay = 10; // delay before cars start spawning (sec)
tpw_car_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to give each car
tpw_car_num = 3; // max number of cars to spawn around player. 0 = ambient cars disabled
tpw_car_radius = 1000; // radius (m) around player to check for roads and spawn cars
tpw_car_nocombatspawn = 1; // cars will not be spawned during combat. 0 = cars continue to spawn during combat
//><
// CIVS
tpw_civ_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_civ_delay = 5; // delay (sec) until civ spawning starts
tpw_civ_radius = 150; // radius (m) around player to check for house and spawn civs
tpw_civ_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to assign each civ
tpw_civ_density = 5; // how many houses per civ. 0 = ambient civs disabled
tpw_civ_maxsquadcas  = 4; // maximum number of civilian casualties that can be inflicted by squad
tpw_civ_maxallcas  = 50; // maximum number of total civilian casualties
tpw_civ_casdisplay = 0; // what to do if casualty threshold exceeded (0 -nothing, 1 - popup message, 2 - end mission)
tpw_civ_maxciv = 20; // maximum number of civs to spawn regardless of tpw_civ_density
tpw_civ_interact = 15; // civilian interaction radius. Civs closer than this to other civs will stop and talk (0 - no interaction).
tpw_civ_nocombatspawn = 1; // civilians will not be spawned during combat. 0 = civilians continue to spawn during combat
//><
// EBS
tpw_ebs_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_ebs_thresh = 5; // unit is suppressed if this many bullets pass by in 5 secs
tpw_ebs_delay = 1; // how long until suppression functions start (sec)
tpw_ebs_debug = 0; // 1 = debugging will colour the suppression shell (green = own side, yellow = enemy <5 bullets, red = enemy >5 bullets)
tpw_ebs_radius = 500; // units must be closer to player than this (m) for suppression to work
tpw_ebs_playersup = 1; // suppression effects applied to player. 0 = no player suppression
tpw_ebs_aisup = 1; // suppression effects applied to AI. 0 = no AI suppression
tpw_ebs_findcover = 1; // AI will seek cover when suppressed. 0 = will not seek cover
//><
// FALL
tpw_fall_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_fall_sensitivity = 100; // sensitivity of unit to falls (%). 50 = unit half as likely to fall over from a given height.
tpw_fall_threshold = 300; // distance threshold (m). Unit must be closer than this to player to realistically react to falls.
tpw_fall_delay = 10; // delay until fall functions start
tpw_fall_ragdoll = 1; // use ragdoll animations when unit is hit. 0 = no ragdoll.
tpw_fall_falltime = 30; // maximum time (sec) a unit will be incapacitated on the ground after being hit.
//><
// FOG
tpw_fog_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_fog_radius = 250; // units must be closer than this to show foggy breath (m). 0 = foggy breath disabled
tpw_fog_delay = 5; // delay before fog functions start (sec)
tpw_fog_breath = 1; // foggy breath enabled. 0 = disabled
tpw_fog_groundfog = 1; // ground fog enabled. 0 = disabled
tpw_fog_rainfog = 1; // rain fog enabled. 0 = disabled
tpw_fog_heathaze = 1; // heat haze enabled. 0 = disabled
tpw_fog_cansnow = 1; // snow enabled. 0 = disabled
//><
// HOUSELIGHTS
tpw_houselights_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_houselights_delay = 10; // delay (sec) until houselights functions start
//><
// HUD
tpw_hud_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_hud_range = 500; // effective range of goggles to scan for units
tpw_hud_colour[] = {1,1,1}; // HUD and friendly units colour
tpw_hud_enemycolour[] = {1,0.5,0}; // enemy colour
tpw_hud_squadcolour[] = {0,1,1}; // squad and marker colour
tpw_hud_alpha = 0.6; // initial transparency of HUD. 0 = invisible, 1 = opaque
tpw_hud_asl[] =    {1,0.6,0.45,1}; // ASL = height above sea level. [1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 0.6 = X position, 0.45 = Y position, 1 = text size]
tpw_hud_azt[] =    {1,0.5,0.45,1}; // AZT = azimuth (direction of gaze).
tpw_hud_grd[] =    {1,0.4,0.45,1}; // GRD = GPS grid coordinates.
tpw_hud_lmt[] =    {1,0.4,0.5,1}; // LMT = local mean time.
tpw_hud_tmp[] =    {1,0.6,0.5,1}; // TMP = temperature (from TPW FOG) .
tpw_hud_hlt[] =    {1,0.4,0.55,1}; // HLT= health.
tpw_hud_rng[] =    {1,0.5,0.55,1}; // RNG = range to centre of player's gaze.
tpw_hud_vel[] =    {1,0.6,0.55,1}; // VEL = speed of player (or player's vehicle).
tpw_hud_unit[] = {1,2,0.5,0.75}; // // UNITS/MARKERS displayed on HUD, where 1 = active ( 0 = inactive), 2 = icon max size, 0.5 = icon min size, 0.75 = text size ( 1 = same size as HUD text).
tpw_hud_offset[] = {0.35,0.28}; //HUD offset. [x,y] -0.5 to 0.5
tpw_hud_scale = 0.8; // HUD scale. > 1 = larger
tpw_hud_textscale = 1; // HUD text scale. > 1 = larger
//><
// LOS
tpw_los_active = 0; // 0 = inactive
tpw_los_debug = 0; // 1 = blue balls will appear above units with line of sight to a visible enemy
tpw_los_maxdist = 100; // maximum distance (m). LOS stuff only works for units closer than this.
tpw_los_mindist = 25; // minimum distance (m). Enemies are considered "visible" no matter what, if less than this distance.
tpw_los_delay = 10; // delay until los functions start (sec)
//><
//PARK
tpw_park_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_park_perc = 25; // percentage of houses with parked cars. 0 = no cars
tpw_park_createdist = 300; // cars created within this distance, completely removed past it.
tpw_park_hidedist = 150; // cars closer than this are shown, further than this are hidden
tpw_park_simdist = 20; // cars closer than this have simulation enabled
tpw_park_max = 15; // maximum cars to spawn regardless (not irregardless).
//><
// RADIO
tpw_radio_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_radio_house = 1; // Radio in houses. 0 = no radio in houses
tpw_radio_car = 1; // Radio in vehicles. 0 = no radio in houses
tpw_radio_time = 60; // maximum time between messages (sec)
//><
// RAIN FX
tpw_rain_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
//><
// STREETLIGHTS
tpw_streetlights_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_streetlights_factor = 10; // brightness factor. 3-15 should be ok for most maps
tpw_streetlights_range = 1000; // radius (m) around player to scan for streetlights
tpw_streetlights_colour = 1; // light colour. 1 = warm white incandescent, 2 = yellow sodium, 3 = blue/white fluorescent
tpw_streetlights_moths = 1; // 0 = no moths around lights
//><

Note that this identifier is also present at the end of the file.

This is by no means necessary, but if the 'TPW_CONFIG.hpp' were to be shipped with this separator, the file could be feeded directly into the program, greatly simplyfing updates.

Yay!

PS. HUD is completely out of the picture for now.

Edited by Gliptal

Thanks for all your work Gliptal. Streetlights is indeed changed as per your request. I will update the hpp with the spaces you require. I haven't tested anything out yet because I'm not really a fan of Java (the installation/usage/coding)

***Disregard below. Seems the tactical glasses used in the mod is without the little monitor. I will bugger the creator of that mod to include the proper tac.glasses. ;)***

Great work tpw with the latest tactical glasses thingamajiggy! :) Really sits nice now down in the right corner.

I was a bit sad seeing that the "hidden identity pack" addon with a whole range of very nicely made shemags etc didnt work with HUD. Im guessing its cause the creator of that mod have other classnames? He made a bunch of shemags and other headgear that also has the tactical glasses as a combo. They are added to the googles slot so you can have helmets and NVG as well separate.

Wonder if there was a slight chance they could be included sometime in the future? I understand if its too much work, but that pack is pretty high quality and a very good one to really make your soldiers look awesome. :) Or maybe i should post in his thread about it? Im no coder so im not sure hehe.

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24936

Edited by Alex72

***Disregard below. Seems the tactical glasses used in the mod is without the little monitor. I will bugger the creator of that mod to include the proper tac.glasses. ;)***

Probably best if you don't bugger the author...

Probably best if you don't bugger the author...

Now that would've been a sight for sore eyes! ;)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated to latest

Thanks for all your work Gliptal. Streetlights is indeed changed as per your request. I will update the hpp with the spaces you require. I haven't tested anything out yet because I'm not really a fan of Java (the installation/usage/coding)
Yeah I don't like that much Java either, but I don't know enough C# to get things working in decent time.

Yay!

TPW MODS 20140418: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140418.zip

Changes:

[ANIMALS 1.32, BOATS 1.24, CARS 1.34, CIVS 1.33, HOUSELIGHTS 1.07, PARK 1.08, RADIO 1.14, STREETLIGHTS 1.01] Redundant civilian, house and sun angle code moved out to TPW CORE, for reduced code size and improved efficiency and ease of updating.

[CORE 1.00] See above.

[HUD 1.10] Unit scanning effectiveness reduced at longer range.

[FOG 1.17] Lower temperature if overcast.

Quite a few changes in this release. Firstly, I finally got round to creating a set of core functions that the other TPW MODS can use. This significantly decreases code redundancy and improves efficiency. Moreover if I need to do global changes to houses or civilians, I only need to change them the once.

Secondly, I've taken Rydygier up on his suggestion to simulate the reduction in the HUD efficiency when scanning distance increases. This is manifested by distant HUD icons occasionally dropping out for hald a second. The frequency of dropouts increases withteh square of distance, so that units at 100m will almost never drop out, wheras units at 450m will drop out every 10 sec or so.

Lastly, a few changes to TPW FOG, so that the temperature will drop as the level of overcast increases. No more pissing rain at 40degC.

As always, thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

@Gliptal - I do a lot of scientific coding at work using REBOL (www.rebol.com) which is an amazingly powerful and compact language (interpreter is a single 0.5Mb executable) capable of producing cross platform GUIs with just a few lines of code. Might be worth checking out.

Hmmm since the last 2 updates I can't seem to get the HUD working now :( Could someone else check please?

Must admit that the HUD degradation over distance doesn't appeal to me.

For me all works. Thanks, TPW. BTW took these mods on another Pilgrimage and so far so good. :)

Must admit that the HUD degradation over distance doesn't appeal to me.

Thus IMO this should be switchable. Current result is quite nice for me, better immersion, when you see, it is like-real, means fallible, gadget, a bit easier to forgot, it's only a script in fact. A finesse touch of realism in the nuances, not forgetting about smoothing out the edges, sense of such things, adding some extra levels of complexicity here and there is what I like probably most in the TPW's work. Very good for immersion. Doesn't mean, that couldn't be even better, more complex and fancy, but all complexicity etc. costs CPU, so depends on approach, I guess. Where one knows, when to say "enough" for performance sake, others (like me) :) would try to squeeze CPU as strong, as needed to achieve everything imaginable, that came across the mind.

@tpw: Great update! :cool:

Just two little bugs to report:

1) tpw_hud_lmt_txt seems to be missing the the closing text tag </t> in the default config

2) tpw_hud_azt_txt seems to be ignored completely - it always displays with the default layout

@tpw: Great update! :cool:

Just two little bugs to report:

1) tpw_hud_lmt_txt seems to be missing the the closing text tag </t> in the default config

2) tpw_hud_azt_txt seems to be ignored completely - it always displays with the default layout

Oh the bitter irony: // HUD LAYOUT - ONLY EDIT THESE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH STRUCTURED TEXT

I have fixed this, and also made HUD distance degradation configurable on/off. Will release later today.

Thanks tpw.

Really amazing stuff. So FUN to play with all these options and labels to custom setup a cool HUD!

In the future, if you can make a "centered" aircraft HUD for the Tactical Shades, are these items possible?:

* Switch between Altitude AGL (above ground level) [OR] ASL (above sea level)

* Switch between Altitude in meters [OR] feet (for us lame Americans that still use feet)

* HUD color on-the-fly adjustment for time of day. (Black, White, Green, Blue) Or whatever colors are most often used for aircraft HUDs. I'm really not sure.

* 4 levels of HUD brightness, on-the-fly adjustment for time of day. (invisible, low, medium, or high)

Actually, those last 2 items address the same problem. So maybe one or the other. Color choices OR a bright/dark adjustment like you have in the current version. But for pilots we probably don't need 8 or 9 levels of brightness. Low, medium, high, or off is probably enough.

Edited by heyvern69

TPW MODS 20140418-2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140418-2.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.11] Unit scanning effectiveness reduced at longer range is now configurable on/off. Fixed some structured text bugs.

Please update your /userconfig/tpw_mods/tpw_mods.hpp

tpw_hud_degradation = 1; // HUD performance reduced with distance. 0 = no degradation
tpw_hud_azt_txt = "%1<t size='0.5'><br />AZT %2</t>"; // AZT

Edited by tpw

Hey tpw,

Is there one too many tpw_hud_nearunits = tpw_hud_nearunits - [-1];

at line 225 ?

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So how could we go about having it attached to a camera, or drone tpw?

Thought a bit more about performance degradation. Perhaps more logical instead of vanishing the unit icon would be temporary pretending, so unit is out of LOS with same effect as when truly is out of LOS - another icon, not moving, at last contact location with time after last contact. It is more expected as same method is used when "unit is not visible anymore, but last time was located here". But then same for same reason should apply to the situation, when unit once marked leave radius (in all three cases IMO HUD's soft "knows" only same thing - unit was there x seconds ago, but is unknown, where it is now, but HUD "do not know" a reason (too far/LOS obstructed/detecting failure), so in all these cases effect should be same).

Edited by Rydygier