Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

reporting a small error in your latest release, while I was playing around with backpacks (A-bag, M60) "usm_pack_abag" is throwing a 'badvehicle error'.

slap this into a test troop and name him player to double check it to be sure

removeAllWeapons this; player addBackpack "usm_pack_abag";

got a big kick out of the ammobelt btw all you need now is a shirtless troop with long hair + red bandanna LOL

DeltaHawk, I've been doing some digging around, and according to this, the font used on nametapes is Franklin Gothic Condensed. For really long last names, Franklin Extra-Condensed Font is used. I was surprised that there was a specified exact font for nametapes, but then again, these army guys think of everything! ;)

Also, I've found a picture of a DBDU bonnie with a stenciled-on EGA (here). Thought it might be of interest to you.

* The "extra-condensed" version of the font can be downloaded here.

* The standard "condensed" version of the font can be downloaded here.

* Bold version can be found here.

b. Insignia, nametape.
(1) Description.
(a) [u][b]For woodland camouflage or olive-green uniforms (except for the ECWCS parka), the nametape is a strip of
olive-green cloth, 1 inch wide, with the individual’s last name in black block letters, 3â„4 inch in height. Last names
consisting of 11 letters or more are constructed using Franklin gothic extra-condensed print (48 point), 1â„2 inch high.[/b][/u]
The nametape insignia is 41â„2 inches in length, or extends to the edge of the pocket flap when sewn on the uniform.
AR 670–1 • 3 February 2005 247
(b) [u][b]For desert camouflage uniforms, the nametape is a strip of khaki tape with spice-brown lettering, of the same
description as in paragraph b(1)(a), above.[/b][/u]
(c) For the extended cold-weather clothing system (ECWCS) (Gortex) parka, the nametape is a strip of olive-green
cloth, 31â„2 inches long and 1â„2 inch wide, with 1â„4-inch black block lettering. The nametape can accommodate up to 14
characters. No other size nametape is authorized for wear on the Gortex parka.
(d) See para 28–3g(1) for wear of nametapes on helmet bands.
(2) How worn.
(a) All personnel will wear the nametape above the top right breast pocket on the same uniforms and in the same
manner as described for the “U.S. ARMY†tape in paragraph a(1)(a), above. When the nametape is worn with the U.S.
Army tape, both must be the same size, 41â„2 inches in length, or they must extend to the edge of the pocket flaps.
Personnel are not authorized to have the last name embroidered directly onto the uniform. Personnel may wear
embroidered nametapes with woven U.S. Army insignia (see fig 28–143).
(b) All personnel will wear the nametape on the ECWCS (Gortex) parka, on the left-sleeve pocket flap, 1â„4 inch
above the bottom of the flap, and centered left to right on the flap. Personnel are not authorized to wear the nametape
in any other location on the parka than the pocket flap, and they are not authorized to embroider the name directly on
the pocket flap.
(3) How to obtain. Initial and replacement nametapes are provided at no cost to enlisted members and are procured
from appropriated funds. If facilities are not available at installations for inscribing and attaching nametapes, contracting
for such services with local vendors is authorized.

------------------

Also found a pretty gnarly diagram, and a kick-arse book about USMC in 2000-2002 here.

OS-2012-9781849087995-WH2-3.jpg

1.) USMC major at 29 Palms, CA in 2000.

2.) USMC M240 gunner, February 2001.

3.) U.S. Navy corpsman in Australia, 2001.

Cheers! :)

Edited by Laqueesha

@MadM0nkey, I'll figure out why it does that. Since it effects overall gameplay, I'll probably do a re-release again soon to fix that problem. I might make a PFC Shmuckatellie with just an undershirt, but the truth is, the idea of walking around during operations without a blouse on is a huge no no in the military. I guess ever since people saw that picture of that Marine M240 gunner in Fallujah walking around without his blouse on thinks it looks cool.

Laqueesha, I'm probably not going to change the font any time soon since that would mean redoing quite a few textures. Also, that was the font that was on my Dad's BDUs he had from Desert Storm so it is some what accurate.

Edited by Delta Hawk

I didn't know it was a "blouse" as you say it is, all I do know is there is an error there.. so I reported it just to make sure it wasn't something I did wrong on my end + double make sure it wasn't released with an error ..Now I regret reporting ..people in here are starting to give me a good stare like- 'look at this guy all upset because he can't wear 'his blouse..''O_o`

oh btw don't forget to make us some camo issue purses to match our m16's

*runs out of the room crying*

MM

Edited by MadM0nkey

lol that put a smile on my face this morning MadM0nkey, not many people are able to do that.

Bing Dictionary

blouse

1.woman's shirt: a woman's shirt

2.cadet's or soldier's tunic: a tunic, sometimes loose and sometimes very snug, that is a part of some military uniforms

3.ethnic smock: a loose-fitting shirt or smock, often part of traditional costume

That's what we always called them, blouses, trousers, boots and cover. It's not heavy enough to be a "jacket", but it's not light enough to be a "shirt."

The A-Bag carries the spare barrel for the M60 and sometimes the M249. I carried an abag for my m249 so I'm pretty fond of the idea of carrying the A-Bag. I'll be sure to have it fixed with the next re-release.

I know. Reading your post just reminded me to show those pics here. ;)

Edited by Fingolfin

Delta Hawk have great base for Rangers. Some work with his units, make RACKs on they... and Land Rover Defender. It could be great begining for something bigger. What do You think Delta Hawk?

Delta Hawk will You make guys from begining of Iraq Freedom operation, with IBA and molle stuf?

Edited by 1986Marek

While I do have Rangers planned, included early 2000s wearing SPEAR armor with maybe RACKs, I have no desire to make a land rover from scratch. I've already got a lot on my plate with very little time. I haven't even finished my HMMWVs or even started on a weapons pack. :( I'm just one person. It would be cool if BIS could let me borrow their Land Rover so I can change it to a Ranger Land Rover though.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

I wish people would help me make stuff, donate stuff or even join my mod as addon artists and coders. So far there's only a couple guys that has donated stuff. One of them is pretty damn good and very much on the same page as me, but he's busy too.

Maybe guys from P:UKF will give You Land Rovers and Robert Hammer could help with weapons. Too bad I'm just a chemist ... rather than developers. Then I could help. :(

Edited by 1986Marek

Hi. How can i remove bonnie cap from unit to add patrol cap, only patrol cap? I dont know where im wrong...

Edited by 1986Marek

Hi. How can i remove bonnie cap from unit to add patrol cap, only patrol cap? I dont know where im wrong...

To remove the boonie hat, place this in the unit's init:

this setObjectTexture [6,""];

Edited by Laqueesha

Here ya'll go, in game pics of the M1025 armament carrier thrown onto the M998 body. There's a lot of small errors from the M988 part but I just wanted to show ya'll the mind numbing, tedious work I've done on it. Because I can't continue working like this, I'll probably throw the .50 cal from the BIS sample pack on it and call it a day...or months ??? Now, if you'd excuse me, I'm gonna go kick myself in my balls while listening to 0bama's dumb ass rhetoric. It'll make myself feel better about this whack job plumbing in my head that would force me to do this orgasm of detail.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2031.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2032.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2033.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2034.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/U.S.%20Military%20Mod%20Preview%2035.jpg

Cool stuff, even have the seatbelt-strap that holds the turret gunner in place. :)

Here ya'll go, in game pics of the M1025 armament carrier thrown onto the M998 body.

Your work is amazing.

I'm using your MOD as I am now Re-doing Wiki's "Operation Gothic Serpent" for Ranger units.

I'll send you a PM when I've uploaded it to User Missions thread.

Keep up the great work!...........or..........take a needed rest then get your butt back to work:p

Thanks guys for your kind comments. This ain't easy at all. A lot...and I mean a lot of time and patience goes into this. At times it can be very frustrating. I am going to take a break from it though and continue work on my M916A1/M920.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916a1.jpg

Now, some of you may doubt the desire for people to want this stuff, but if people go stupid crazy over beans in dayz, I'm sure there's tons of people that would appreciate and enjoy the logistical side of combat instead of being a lone wolf, run and gun, shoot 'em up Rambo.

Now, some of you may doubt the desire for people to want this stuff, but if people go stupid crazy over beans in dayz, I'm sure there's tons of people that would appreciate and enjoy the logistical side of combat instead of being a lone wolf, run and gun, shoot 'em up Rambo.

Delta, I for one, am a huge fan of all of your stuff and items that make the ArmA-verse seem more realistic. Thanks for the dedication and time that you put into the work. We appreciate it.