Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

Delta, will You add diferent textures that we can change the units boots? For example, when I set woodland uniform, I could change panama jungle for desert. Great M916A1. :)

Edited by 1986Marek

Thanks guys for your kind comments. This ain't easy at all. A lot...and I mean a lot of time and patience goes into this. At times it can be very frustrating. I am going to take a break from it though and continue work on my M916A1/M920.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916a1.jpg

Now, some of you may doubt the desire for people to want this stuff, but if people go stupid crazy over beans in dayz, I'm sure there's tons of people that would appreciate and enjoy the logistical side of combat instead of being a lone wolf, run and gun, shoot 'em up Rambo.

I have been waiting for years for someone to add a tractor trailer vehicle to Arma. Logistics are my favorite part of the Arma series and its been sorely lacking in the logistics area.

On another note, are there any plans to port this to Arma 3?

That stuff is really looking great, man! Awesome work. :)

Great work DH. Love the amount of detail and accuracy you put into your stuff. How's the DV-43 you showed earlier?

Thanks guys for your comments guys.

@1986Marek, I can't because the boots are on the same texture as all of the other uniform items, which means if people put different boots on, they'll be doubling the uniform texture memory use. Plus I really don't want to redo the hidden selections for 300+ units.

@mknechtel. I don't have plans to port over to ArmA3. I'm lucky if I can even finish my goal for ArmA2. If I had a mod team to help me out, yes, I would strongly consider it.

@Lennard. The RTCH DV-43 is more or less on hold. Since there's no signs of anyone wanting to script it, I'm not focused on finishing it right now sadly. I hope when I get my M916A1 done or at least in game, a talented scripter will see a complete set of equipment that would be fun to script and make fully functional. *crosses fingers*

Thanks guys for your kind comments. This ain't easy at all. A lot...and I mean a lot of time and patience goes into this. At times it can be very frustrating. I am going to take a break from it though and continue work on my M916A1/M920.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916a1.jpg

Now, some of you may doubt the desire for people to want this stuff, but if people go stupid crazy over beans in dayz, I'm sure there's tons of people that would appreciate and enjoy the logistical side of combat instead of being a lone wolf, run and gun, shoot 'em up Rambo.

I for one get the next closest thing to a hard-on whenever I see logistical support units or civil units added to the ARMA series of engines. The full-fidelity battlefield is fun, but so is the full-fidelity environment surrounding the battlefield. (So long as you don't have some fifteen-year-old barking in your ear about how you're on latrine duty or how you're not scrubbing the memorial statue hard enough to let him see himself reflected in the horse's buttocks.)

The biggest problem with the ARMA engines and ARMA 2 in particular is that attachTo is a horrible, horrible substitute for an actual physics engine that has 2-axis/3-axis ball-and-socket/fifth-wheel connections between units -- i.e., the trailer will behave erratically even on single player and only gets worse when you try to sync it up in multiplayer.

My ideal scenario for the Arma engine would be something like kibot's DUWS with full logistical support (AI delivered, but the player can do it too), and realistic unit repair and refuel times thrown in for good measure -- with the ability to skip time in the game, of course, so you don't have to play the mission for 20 hours just to have a Humvee brought back into operation. I've been working on such a scenario, but I'm more of a designer than an implementer (I'll admit that can also be read as "dreamer instead of actually useful" or "lazy instead of, you know, not lazy" -- nosce te ipsum =P) -- I've got a design document a mile long and only a few bits of bytes to show for it.

@jtgibson, the logistical aspect of ArmA 2 is rarely touched on. So much potential for missions goes by people that they don't even notice. One scenario that runs through my mind is being an engineer and having to make a base good enough to repel a heavy enemy attack. Or doing a vehicle recovery mission under fire. Or simply unloading MILVANs within a time period at Cherno docks. The biggest multiplayer challenge would be a full ship embarkation. I do believe ArmA 2, with the talent of excellent scripters, would be able to make this happen.

@1986Marek, Those look kind of 2004ish, but I do have a little bit older special forces planned. That's just a long ways down the road.

Damn, I can always try... ;) Do You have some models of Yours SF, something that You could show on forum? :)

Edited by 1986Marek

Not really at the moment. I haven't got the 90s Rangers in yet. I have to make the SPEAR armor for Green Berets and RACKs for early 2000 Rangers. I have to make Specops BDUs for 90s special forces. Sadly, with everything on my plate, it'll be a while before I get around to those units.

Delta, will You add chest rigs (Blackhawk, or Eagle) or AAV for Force Recon units?

Edited by 1986Marek

Marek, as much as I'd like to make special forces, I'm just one person. Since there are many versions of special forces available for download, that is not my top priority. And to be brutally honest, I don't like the idea of making special forces because I know there's tons of "groups" and individuals out there that will flat out, bluntly break the EULA and unpbo the addon to changes certain parts to fit their "groups" or individual needs while at the same time making my addon look...well, like a giant turd, which will probably cause the same reaction that I had with my police cars and make me want to quit modding for ArmA permanently. Sadly, I'm already seeing it with the addon I have out now, people with no respect for my work opening the pbo and changing stuff making it look like total crap. So I'm not really in a rush. I'd like to create something that I'm proud of and enjoy giving to the ArmA community before a few individual brats ruin my happiness. I'm sorry to sound cruel, but this happens every single time, stupid idiot people who can't follow simple directions and ruins it for everyone, which I know will happen when I make special forces.

Oh yea, I can already tell you stupid idiot brats will unpbo the future Ranger PBO and stick stupid names on the Kevlar covers just like the movies...but since I'm already trolling and flaming these individuals, I'll continue...but these idiots are too stupid and don't realized that was just a Hollywood stunt Ripley Scott did for the Rangers so the people watching the movie would have an easier time knowing who was who. But whatever, you can't fix stupid, right? I'm already thinking about dropping the whole hidden selection idea for the gear to help solve this problem.

But now that I'm done with my temper tantrum, here is an update on my M916. I have completed the 3d model of the exterior of the tractor. For now, I'm dropping the M920 but I might pick it up later. I also wanted to show the basic principle of operation with the M870a1 lowboy trailer. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916_1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916_2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916_6.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916_3.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916_5.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/preview_m916_7.jpg

Unfortunately, there is no cure on stupidity ... it's sad. And even now You have a reason to be proud of Your addon. Nice Work! :)

Edited by 1986Marek

Marek, as much as I'd like to make special forces, I'm just one person.

You should seriously consider asking Marek to join you and let him have a spin at all these ideas he passes along to you...........

On another note, I hope you had a chance to play "Operation Gothic Serpent" even if it is a mere 10 minutes, so you'd have an idea how I utilized your MOD in the Camp.

I know your time is precious.

Kommiekat, I downloaded the mission but I haven't gotten around to downloading all the extra stuff. I don't have a lot of time to play anything really, but it's on my to play list.

@Delta Hawk

will you make a heli-pilot ore so too?

and do you plan to make armed HMMWVs?

Here's a quick sneak peak at our M1A1 Abrams lego set--we currently have enough parts to mix and match to create nearly every M1A1 version up to the modern M1A1SA and M1A1FEP, which are currently being worked on. Click to see a bigger picture.

m1a1_1s.png

m1a1_2s.png

m1a1_3s.png

m1a1_4s.png