Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

Yeah the M1911 would be a better fit. But wasn't there like a Beretta 9F or some version like that was created in the 80's and soldiers turned their M1911's over for this Beretta 9F?

--Also--

I know MARSOC uses a special version of the M1911 today, i was saying that every Marine corp Regular and even some Army infantry would still prefer the M1911 over the M9.

Post deleted.

See next post for latest beta testing report.

Edited by Laqueesha

Version 0.82 posted. Fixed a bunch of small errors and added EGA to the helmets and 33 different shoulder sleeve insignias.

I'll look into the pistol issue when I make weapons.

hmm, is there a 3ID patch in there? lol

@ Quote: I was going to release an early, early beta..

trust me, no. test-test and more tests until perfect!

then release + thank me later.

It includes 1st ID, 2nd ID, 3rd ID, 4th ID plus many popular units from different specialties like air defense, engineers .etc.

Laqueesha, how the hell do you find all this stuff???

Beta testing report: (last updated 4:53 a.m. EDT; September 21st, 2013):

1.) The 1980s Desert Light Corpsman has a grenade vest, when he is not equipped with a grenade launcher.

2.) The 1980s Woodland Light Marines are still listed as "Soldier" in editor. Should be listed as a Marine.

3.) The 1990s Light Marines (both woodland and desert) have an EGA with "USMC" lettering (1980s-style) on breast pocket. It should be just a plain EGA with no USMC lettering.

4.) The Army Patrol Caps have some very slight clipping on the right side of the headband when used some heads.

5.) The Eight-Point Cover has clipping issues on the front portion of the headband with some heads.

6.) The 1990s Light Desert Units (Army and Marine) should have desert nametapes (pinkish/beige tapes with brownish/reddish lettering).

7.) The 1990s Desert Marines should have three-color desert PASGT vests (already mentioned in an earlier post).

8.) All of the 1990s Desert Marines have dust goggles on their helmets. Some should be goggle-less, to spruce things up (and especially to see those nice stenciled-on EGAs!).

9.) Assistant FGM Javelin gunners have no ammunition for the FGM Javelin.

10.) The rate collar device classnames for the Navy corpsmen are flipped in the PSD. An HM1 has three chevrons, and an HM3 has one chevron.

11.) When looking at the player's own nametapes, collar devices, and patches in first-person mode (using ALT key), they are invisible and glow very brightly.

12.) The subdued USMC Colonel (O-6) collar devices are flipped in the PSD. The two eagles must face the wearer's front. One of the eagles is facing forward, but the other one is facing backwards.

That's all I have at the moment; keep up the good work! :)

=============================================================

Another custom texture combination!

For January 1993-style desert U.S. Marines, place a 1980s Desert Marine and place this in the init:

this setObjectTexture [3,"\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_win_dcu_m_co.paa"];

If done correctly, they should look like these U.S. Marines from January 1993, who are wearing DCUs with DBDU helmets and vests.

b13b699a.jpg

3a4fb9ac.jpg

80916caa.jpg

Edited by Laqueesha

good_news_everyone.jpg

I've started work on my new addition to my mod, never before seen in ArmA2, ArmA3, ArmA, OFP, or any other video game ever created...except maybe US Gov MilSim trainers...

The M916 and M920 series of tractors. In the end, they will be able to tow the M870A1 lowboy, the M871 flat/stakebed and the M967 tanker. They will be the slowest off road and offer little protection from explosions or small arms, but it's greatest advantage will be it's speed and maneuverability on road along with other small factors that make it a quintessential addition to any transportation operation.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/M915_preview_01.jpg

Are there supposed to be a difference between the 90's and 80's US military units in woodland camo? I couldn't spot the difference between either the Army or the Marine units. I noticed the 80's desert units use an older load bearing vest and a different camo pattern. I remember the woodland BDU units using the older vest as well in the original OFP, although I have no idea how accurate that depiction was.

Would you consider making your backpacks and radio(s) ace/acre compatible? I love the detail in all the units and gear, especially the radios are really, really cool!

Keep up the amazing work Delta Hawk!

Would you consider making your backpacks and radio(s) ace/acre compatible? I love the detail in all the units and gear, especially the radios are really, really cool!

Keep up the amazing work Delta Hawk!

Yes please! The backpacks look amazing but having two different systems (ACE and OA ruck systems) to juggle gets a bit confusing for some players

Very sweet units!! This was my era of serving in the British Army and they look spot on.. well done!!

thank for the great work, hat off.

love to see green troop again, my men been bore in sand tan :)

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Nouty there was no camo differnt for 90/80 or marine to army., just hat.

I was wondering that as well. What are the exact differences between the 1980s and 1990s woodland units in terms of gear?

I've started work on my new addition to my mod, never before seen in ArmA2, ArmA3, ArmA, OFP, or any other video game ever created...except maybe US Gov MilSim trainers...

The M916 and M920 series of tractors. In the end, they will be able to tow the M870A1 lowboy, the M871 flat/stakebed and the M967 tanker. They will be the slowest off road and offer little protection from explosions or small arms, but it's greatest advantage will be it's speed and maneuverability on road along with other small factors that make it a quintessential addition to any transportation operation.

Sounds good! Any plans for an M113 APC? I'm surprised ArmA 2 didn't have them, when ArmA 1 did.

Edited by Laqueesha

Well, besides the LBV, not much. It's all subtle detail.

The BDUs were the same pattern from the early 80s to the mid 90s when a new, more durable fabric and pattern (the BDUs my unit wear) became standard. It's very difficult to tell the difference between the two BDU patterns. The LC2 gear is basically the same, but the LC1 pistol belt and canvas buttpack were still common up til Desert Storm. I still have my dad's LC1 belt that I believe he wore to Desert Storm. I believe around the mid 90s a nylon gasmask carrier replaced the canvas one, but the canvas ones were still widely used. The .45 belt holsters were standard until the mid 80s when they began to phase them out for the LC2 M9 holster, but a lot of different units retained the leather .45 shoulder holster well into Afghanistan and Iraq. The PASGT Kevlar helmet and PASGT Kevlar flak jacket were the same in the 80s and 90s. The PASGT helmet was still widely used in the early 2000s and into Afghanistan only to be replaced by the MICH around 2003. The PASGT flak was even used in Afghanistan by rear echelon units and support units. The radio, medical and ALICE packs remained the same through the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, though the medium ALICE pack became more popular in the 90s. The biggest different is the LBV vest, though a few special forces used the earlier version of the LBV in Desert Storm. In the early 2000s a m203 LBV became popular with the Army while the Marines switch their gear to the FLC. The PASGT was replaced by front line infantry in the early 2000s with the OTV "Interceptor" body armor. The SWD goggles remained the same since early 60s.

So really not much has changed as far as regular units are concerned. Special Forces are different though. Basically, you can take the 80s units and put them in 90s missions and still be accurate. Some of the subtle differences aren't shown in my units because that's a lot of work for very little and it would take up more space.

BIS did well with OFP and ArmA considering they probably didn't have the real stuff off hand, but there's some inaccuracies.

BIS did well with OFP and ArmA considering they probably didn't have the real stuff off hand, but there's some inaccuracies.

Indeed. The army infantry from OFP: Elite were pretty cool. Oh, and I remember the hoopla over the inaccurate ACUs in ArmA 1. The good ol' days; time flies. :)

1118967210.jpg

Edited by Laqueesha

I posted about the plan of config files to adapt this mods to ace2 in "discussion" thread in few days ago.

Of course I had checked EULA, thus my post does not mean that I will try to make it.

I just wanted to ask weather official plan includes it or not.

If my post put someone in a bad mood, I apologize it.

You didn't put anyone in a bad mood Takagi. I will sooner or later make it ACE compatible. It's just not high on my list of priorities right now.

OFP Elite had some good looking soldiers!

@ Delta Hawk: First: I can't stop staring at these units and think "wow, THAT'S A MASTERPICE" and I mean this in every aspect, be it the perfect models or the settexture command implementation that allows for so much customisation...I have one very big and kind of personal wish though: could you include the "Black Horse Cav" patches in a future update? It's kind of a personal thingie since I live in their former AO and have quite a lot of fond memories of the GIs serving there in the late 80s early 90s :)

what's great about the way he designed these troops is that you can customize /make your own patch. so there's really no need for Delta to add hundreds of requested patches. just make your own using his template & slap it into your mission folder =)

You gotta make them boots shine..

Yeah, shiny leather boots FTW! :D

I have one very big and kind of personal wish though: could you include the "Black Horse Cav" patches in a future update? It's kind of a personal thingie since I live in their former AO and have quite a lot of fond memories of the GIs serving there in the late 80s early 90s

This should work. All you have to do is place it into the included .PSD file. Cheers! ;)

E011P02SM.jpg

Wow thanks Laqueesha, it indeed works pretty well ah sweet memories

Glad to help! :)

Greetings, DeltaHawk! I have updated the .PSD with some new stuff. I fixed some layer name typos, changed the nametape fonts to Franklin Gothic Condensed per army regulations, and added some new patches, although the quality isn't as good as your patches, I suck at Photoshop (speaking of which, does anybody know how to remove aliasing artifacts on edges?). MS Paint/GIMP guy here.

If you would like to use this altered PSD in an update, I can e-mail it to you. Change log below:

1.) Added desert nametapes for all branches (including USCG, DOD civilians, ambassadors, USACE civilian, contractors, etc.).
2.) Added U.S. Coast Guard, DOD civilian, USACE civilian, ambassador, and contractor nametapes (in both desert and woodland variants).
3.) Changed nametape font from AllStar to Franklin Gothic Condensed (per official army regulations).
4.) Fixed some PSD layer name typos (might still be some more typos left, though).
5.) Added some more patches (listed below in detail).
6.) Added a "combat patch" flag on the right sleeve, for army guys (goes below unit patch).
7.) Moved corpsman collar devices into separate "U.S. NAVY" PSD group.
8.) Fixed left-sleeve flag so blue field faces forward (was flipped).

I've added the patches of:

* U.S. Army Combined Arms Center

* 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment

* 220th Military Police Brigade

* 42nd Military Police Brigade

* 4th Infantry Division (desert and woodland)

* 173rd Airborne Brigade (known as the 173rd Airborne BCT since October 11, 2006)

* Army Recruiting Command (with recruiter identification breast badge)

* Maryland ARNG

* Washington, D.C. ARNG

* Texas ARNG

* Several various civilian police departments

Nice find there! The goggles in the pic remind me of the ones from Ghost Recon 1. I wonder what they're called?

Ah, 2001... Good times they were! :)

Edited by Laqueesha