franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

That's good news franze. I have missed flying the Apache since that error I mentioned above started happening. Good luck with the release :)

DAGR's aren't rockets, those are precision missiles which are laser guided, but indeed those can fit in the M260 and M261 launchers.

It would be nice to have a new A3 AH-64D thread or a Facebook page to get some news on the dev' process.

Last time I checked a Direct Attack Guided Rocket isn't a missile

@franze How is adding AKWPS's unrealistic? Wiki says the apache has used it in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last time I checked a Direct Attack Guided Rocket isn't a missile

@franze How is adding AKWPS's unrealistic? Wiki says the apache has used it in Iraq and Afghanistan.

i don't believe Apaches are actually operationally carrying them yet-this article says they are still testing and awaiting shipments of them - http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/apkws-ii-hellfire-jr-hydra-rockets-enter-sdd-phase-02193/

i don't believe Apaches are actually operationally carrying them yet-this article says they are still testing and awaiting shipments of them - http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/apkws-ii-hellfire-jr-hydra-rockets-enter-sdd-phase-02193/

For some reason I couldn't reach the link, might be because I'm in Europe. I checked their BAE system's website http://www.baesystems.com/en-us/article/u-s--army-acquires-apkws--laser-guided-rockets-for-immediate-deployment

But yeah, they're not saying it's in service yet but they're kinda implying it.

I plan to have an initial ArmA3 release ready in the ArmA3 section within the week; however, it will be nothing but the helicopter as I don't have any decent mission plan for it yet. Many critical bugs are fixed but some remain, such as multiplayer gun functionality.

This made my day. Thank you Franze !

Hey Franze, maybe you could use John Spartan's and Saul's service menu, as that is easily adaptable to any aircraft and has a nice skin section aswell

Hey Franze, maybe you could use John Spartan's and Saul's service menu, as that is easily adaptable to any aircraft and has a nice skin section aswell

We'll currently be sticking with our own.

Fixed wing pylons is one thing but pylons on a launcher and rocket zones on a pod are different.

• Like 2

We'll currently be sticking with our own.

Fixed wing pylons is one thing but pylons on a launcher and rocket zones on a pod are different.

I agree with you. Your arming system is perfect for the Apache. :)

Man this thing is beautiful. It's a shame the ai cant really handle being the pilot (in arma 3 anyway). Are the new targetting features currently on the devbranch of any use to you guys?

That will depend on wether certain features are class locked, for example is the targetting pod only useable on aircraft and as an optic or can it be used to allow the CPG to fly from the cockpit and still have control over the weapons, will a function be added to slave the camera without requiring a workaround of the UAV script, etc.
And the icons depends on wether or not it can be integrated into the TSD, we don't want any HUD information whatsoever taking the user out of the cockpit.

• Like 2

Are there things with the dev targeting system that you can't do with the current one that would benefit the Apache?

HI, first of all I really appreciate yours work. It's very great mod which gives players the best model of apache in A3. But me and my friends are dealing with some problems. In Zeus mode (which we only play) mod is not working correctly. You can face up with no crosshair while entering chopper. Or when you try to spawn it by Zeus it is already damaged. If you could pay some attention on Zeus players problems. Me and my group (>20 people) really would like to play on this mod. But at this moment it's impossible for us. Greetings and thank you for any reply. 

HI, first of all I really appreciate yours work. It's very great mod which gives players the best model of apache in A3. But me and my friends are dealing with some problems. In Zeus mode (which we only play) mod is not working correctly. You can face up with no crosshair while entering chopper. Or when you try to spawn it by Zeus it is already damaged. If you could pay some attention on Zeus players problems. Me and my group (>20 people) really would like to play on this mod. But at this moment it's impossible for us. Greetings and thank you for any reply. 

Well regarding the chopper spawning damaged,I found the AH-64D spawns fine, but a bunch of other variants show up in Zeus-Ah-64A/B/E etc and they all show broken.I assume that is because the mod actually is just comprised of the "D" model with and without the Longbow radar.

Hello

im new to arma and this heli but i love it.

most things work fine.

i have just one problem with the TSD, the map is not loading.

everytime i get in the heli i have an error text.

"Picture\fza_ah64_us\tex\char\gscalar nan_ca.paa not found"

can i fix that somehow?

Mike

Are there things with the dev targeting system that you can't do with the current one that would benefit the Apache?

It all depends on the function and how well we can use it, can it be applied to CPG with TADS overlay, does it break gun tracking IHADSS, can it suppliment it in some way, what are its limitations, and so on.

Having tested it I can say it is certainly a great feature and I'd love to see it as a solution to a lot of our problems in the transition from A2 to A3 but that remains to be seen.

Well regarding the chopper spawning damaged,I found the AH-64D spawns fine, but a bunch of other variants show up in Zeus-Ah-64A/B/E etc and they all show broken.I assume that is because the mod actually is just comprised of the "D" model with and without the Longbow radar.

Yes the current release only contains D with and without radar, there should be no entries for A much less B or E.

Hello

im new to arma and this heli but i love it.

most things work fine.

i have just one problem with the TSD, the map is not loading.

everytime i get in the heli i have an error text.

"Picture\fza_ah64_us\tex\char\gscalar nan_ca.paa not found"

can i fix that somehow?

Mike

No need to fix it yourself, its currently fixed in the apache's dev build that will be released, along with a lot of other inheritances from Arma 2 such as the pilots (which prevented the aircraft from being spawned outside of 'empty'), and some weapon coding that was causing the missiles to overshoot their targets.

Ah okay, could that maybe fix the multiplayer turret bug?

Also, is there any visual difference between the D and E model?

Ah okay, could that maybe fix the multiplayer turret bug?

Also, is there any visual difference between the D and E model?

Some tubing going from the EFABS to the center of the airframe, some sort of extrusion along the rear of the EFABs, M-TADS/MPNVS aka Arrowhead (possibly MDSA), various sensors/antenna along the belly, spine, and tailboom, wings (may carry GFAS), and nose area from afghanistan (bye bye US variant AA), some of them include a new set of position lights on the engines. 

The interior differences would be a larger up front display, control box for the common missile warning system (CMWS), a keypad for VUIT2 (which basically means UAS interface, the wording of this acronym is absurdly long), satcom display/panel, possibly some new or moved panels along the center of the main instrument panel, the FLT page will be more up to date with common flight displays, and supposedly they want to replace the analogue standby instruments with digital variants, and a few other bits and bobs.

In 1.58 Stable they said they made something to fix the Turret issues.Helping,maybe?

Not for the system we currently have, if we were to use that we would either need a hybrid of the two or move to it altogether with some possibly changes.

Will the new version will include working landing, navigation, strobe lights ?

Not likely, especially not if you're referring to something like the CH-46.   

The first release is strictly functionality side, resolving a lot of the pop up errors and common troubles people are having such as weapon accuracy, needing to place the helo as empty to avoid a glitch that refuses them the ability to start the mission, and so on.

After that will come visual updates to fix the lighting, reflections on the TADS, and some other things .

• Like 1

Updated ArmA2 version to 1.4.

AH-64D v1.4 for ArmA2

Changes:

V1.4 -
- Modified model and texture.
- Added skin selection to arming menu.
- Fixed some glitches with ASE, TSD, and FCR displays.

• Like 3

Not likely, especially not if you're referring to something like the CH-46.   

The first release is strictly functionality side, resolving a lot of the pop up errors and common troubles people are having such as weapon accuracy, needing to place the helo as empty to avoid a glitch that refuses them the ability to start the mission, and so on.

After that will come visual updates to fix the lighting, reflections on the TADS, and some other things .

That's totally okay ! Of course there are more important fixes for now to deal with. I'm glad Franze added what I asked for about the Headtracking and WP cycle binds.