franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Please add Arma 3 flares to this beautiful bird. The chaff doesn't seem to fool AA missiles well enough. Just tried a demo mission and other gunships had higher survivability against line-of-sigh AA defences.. Also rocketpods have very low volume. Thank you :)

Is automated tracking associated with lock-ons ? Also there is no 'gun control' option, no matter what I try the cannon just points forward

No gun control option?  That might explain a few things, sounds to me that a few things broke in a patch or two.

Please add Arma 3 flares to this beautiful bird. The chaff doesn't seem to fool AA missiles well enough. Just tried a demo mission and other gunships had higher survivability against line-of-sigh AA defences.. Also rocketpods have very low volume. Thank you :)

We'll probably look into adding this when we get back into the modding scene for this bird.

Could you add a Track-IR ability to move the gun in AH-64?

This should be included already. If I'm not mistaken arma 3 does it for the gunner and Franze placed some scripts that would activate it for the pilot through gun control via action menu.

On the next release I'll include instructional videos so go ahead and submit  your query's folks.

I too have been having the trouble with the arming menu closing out when you click the bottom left slot. Is there a work around or a way to set a new default loadout? Hope there's a new update soon.

Edit: Also some people have said the gun aims better with the latest Arma patch but for me I can't hit hardly nothing even at like 600 - 800m. I'm using TADS/HMD and Auto acqusition, is that the correct thing to do? I can see the gun crosshair aiming at targets but it's either really high or too low. Well I know the project is on hold just giving you feedback. Man I hope it gets an update it's so much fun to fly this chopper especially on my custom DUWS mission DUWS Longbow google it on github if you want to try it out. Tell you what if you make an update that squashes some bugs I'll wire you 20 bucks.

Hello i have search the mod itself, the armaholic page and this forum and i can find a download as the problem i have is that the in cockpit map screen is just black and there is no map. Can anyone help me?

P.S. If there is a link or a solution to this problem I am sorry i may just have been blind on that page.

Hello i have search the mod itself, the armaholic page and this forum and i can find a download as the problem i have is that the in cockpit map screen is just black and there is no map. Can anyone help me?

P.S. If there is a link or a solution to this problem I am sorry i may just have been blind on that page.

You need to use the button interaction (Bind custom user action 20 to something in keyboard options) and click "MAP" on the TSD screen, it starts off with the map off by default.

If it is Arma 3 then at the moment...it seems the user made mod to fix this leads to a 404 page, unless someone knows of something then I'm afraid that will have to wait for the fix.

Hope to see the lite version someday. Reason being my unit wont add this because of the complications ;-;

There might be one someday..hard to say because it would require essentially an entirerly new everything for the aircraft from what I heard.
We'll officially be moving to Arma 3 for the next update and there will be a challenger alongside the bird...we feel there should be some kind of opfor helo with similar capabilities...
challenger_zps4ksht6tw.jpg~original
See you in Arma 3.

• Like 1

There might be one someday..hard to say because it would require essentially an entirerly new everything for the aircraft from what I heard.

We'll officially be moving to Arma 3 for the next update and there will be a challenger alongside the bird...we feel there should be some kind of opfor helo with similar capabilities...

challenger_zps4ksht6tw.jpg~original

See you in Arma 3.

Hi-i know you are probably sick of me -i keep coming back with the framerate issue I have with this chopper. The moment I enable the cockpit my framerate starts bouncing.I can sit perfectly still on the helipad and just watch my fps bounce from 20-50. Since we last spoke I have gotten a new cpu(i54690k) gpu(GTX980) and mobo(z-97k)and 16gb of ram and it is still happening.

I also get an error about "g.scalar"? any idea what that is? I have redownloaded the mod several times and i am usually at a solid 55-60 fps,but the minute I activate the cockpit features my fps starts bouncing.

Thanks again though guys-It is a stunning model of my favourite heli and you have dona lot to try and resolve my issue

EDIT_Oh it only happens on standard flight model.If i turn on advanced flight model the issue goes away.

Your problem still baffles me but Franze did mention he will be looking into what is going on, your issue might be solved...I can't say for sure, don't want to get your hopes up.

• Like 1

Your problem still baffles me but Franze did mention he will be looking into what is going on, your issue might be solved...I can't say for sure, don't want to get your hopes up.

Ok thanks.Do you want me to send you a quick video showing the issue?And do you know what that g.scalar error is?It happens as soon as I activate the HUD

Ok thanks.Do you want me to send you a quick video showing the issue?And do you know what that g.scalar error is?It happens as soon as I activate the HUD

Sure!  Seeing it happen might help us get a better idea of wether or not it is a particular something causing the incident, or the behaviour....  I personally don't,  I don't do the coding stuff but I'll approach Franze on it.

Sure!  Seeing it happen might help us get a better idea of wether or not it is a particular something causing the incident, or the behaviour....  I personally don't,  I don't do the coding stuff but I'll approach Franze on it.

Ok-i'll PM you a video this evening.

See you in Arma 3.

Oh my f*cking god, are you saying you're going do add an Mi-28MN with similar functions :o? The RHS team got a bit sick of me asking so many times Kappa.

I came here to ask how the update is coming along, but when I saw this post I couldn't stop myself from wetting my pants  :D .

I L-O-V-E this mod, after a total of 300 hours flying your AH-64D I can't appreciate the amount of effort you put into this mod enough.

I still have one question though, does the Arma 3 update add the map pictures of a few known maps like Bornholm and other Bohemia maps to the TSD?

Ok-i'll PM you a video this evening.

Some good news, I asked Franze about the g.scalar and he told me it is a known issue, and has a plan to fix it.

Oh my f*cking god, are you saying you're going do add an Mi-28MN with similar functions :o? The RHS team got a bit sick of me asking so many times Kappa.

I came here to ask how the update is coming along, but when I saw this post I couldn't stop myself from wetting my pants  :D .

I L-O-V-E this mod, after a total of 300 hours flying your AH-64D I can't appreciate the amount of effort you put into this mod enough.

I still have one question though, does the Arma 3 update add the map pictures of a few known maps like Bornholm and other Bohemia maps to the TSD?

I can't say for certain wether or not Franze would be up to setting mod maps up or not but I'm certain the bohemia maps would be fully functional.

Reason being is in order to use the maps on the TSD with accurate zoom and unit placement, you have to measure the maps size and a few other things.

I can't say for certain wether or not Franze would be up to setting mod maps up or not but I'm certain the bohemia maps would be fully functional.

Reason being is in order to use the maps on the TSD with accurate zoom and unit placement, you have to measure the maps size and a few other things.

Hey Nodunit, measuring maps is very easy. Open any map in the editor and drag your mouse pointer to the upper right corner of the map, zoom in max and you should see the coords on the bottom of the screen ;-)

Some good news, I asked Franze about the g.scalar and he told me it is a known issue, and has a plan to fix it.

Thats great!What is it?Sorry I have not sent the video yet-very busy/I will do it in an hour or two.

I can't wait :D , could you give us another teaser of the mystery OPFOR chopper?

Nope ^^

And, are you planning on adding the Block III modification?

Of course, I just need a little time to play with something besides the apache model...It is my obsession in perfecting, I'm always wanting to do more....round things out, change some texture stuff.... its become apparent at this point that I need to distance myself from working on the model for a bit to prevent the perfectionism from taking over and wasting so much time.

Thats great!What is it?Sorry I have not sent the video yet-very busy/I will do it in an hour or two.

He talked about linking in the scripting to animation states on the model and link the associated model.cfg to the right animation controllers, basically the bird was built for the AFM since it came from TKOH at that point, so whenever basic mode is switched on the game is asking for certain commands which return a null value, and whenever this value is returned...which means there is a constant endless loop.

T129? Neat!

Crap, I was looking forward to a Mi-28 so much... This'll do I guess.

Of course, I just need a little time to play with something besides the apache model...It is my obsession in perfecting, I'm always wanting to do more....round things out, change some texture stuff.... its become apparent at this point that I need to distance myself from working on the model for a bit to prevent the perfectionism from taking over and wasting so much time.

I think that your perfectionism is what made this mod so great in the first place!

And, are you planning on adding the Block III modification?

Is the BIII going to be just for A3?  Or are you going to add the model of the BIII or BII+ with MTADS, ASPI etc to A2 as well?